Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can suicide be part of a soul's plan? (Read 4431 times)
the_seeker

can suicide be part of a soul's plan?
Sep 14th, 2007 at 11:24pm

i think it's clear that suicide is not a "sin" or punished by "hell" or anything.  just as murder and war is seen as just part of life & a learning experience to grow from in the afterlife, so is suicide.  some have posited the theory that suicide can be part of a soul's plan.  this wouldn't be entirely surprising as every life is basically a suicide, because we know that A. we will die and B. often know how we will die before we come to earth.  just as babies can die, resulting in a lesson to their parents, so could suicide teach lessons to others perhaps? 

what is your opinion?  can suicide be part of the plan, or is it always an unforeseen choice/mistake?  keep in mind that suicide is a lot more common than people tend to think, and that professionals say most people want to live, they just don't see any way out of their problems.  in essence, they are "forced" to commit suicide by circumstances out of their control.

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: can suicide be part of a soul's plan?
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 6:40am

Seems to me that there's no action that's inherently wrong - although some extreme examples would require very exceptional circumstances for them to be truly motivated by the highest good. If that is true then it's possible that a person could commit suicide in order to help others - maybe to provide specific experience, or to teach a lesson, or to avoid being used to do harm. Imagine it's rare though -  it'd require quite a high degree of realisation to be able to consciously and correctly make that judgement.

It can presumably be the result of a premature chucking in of the towel for whatever reason too - perhaps where the individual gets 'stuck' and out of obscuration or errors of judgement or limited insight can't see the way forward. The problem with that is that it seems likely that the result will be rebirth into another life where he/she  will again be confronted by the same issues.

I guess a big question that I don't have a clear answer to is that of whether or not we can be presented with circumstances which are absolutely beyond our ability to handle them and which will drive us to suicide.

Some argue that we're always given the means to handle life's challenges. It's possible though that either egotistically driven unwise actions or the kicking in (ripening) of past karma could mean that this is not always true. I suspect that as ever in this stuff that both can be true and that the answer depends on the view of the individual - the obscured mind can't see a way out or experiences suffering, whereas a more realised person in the same situation can and is relatively unruffled.....

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 11:00am

Greetings,

From what I've read, heard, and experienced second hand, the shock of violent self-destruction leaves more reverberations with self and others than could possibly be foreseen, so I think it has its consequences, even when done to teach some others or self an important lesson.

If it's allowed as part of a life plan I assume that one day one would awake with a sense that 'this is it.'--
No or minimal hatred, fear, frustration, etc since it's being done as a loving act of teaching others.

We carry so many hopes and expectations---not just our own but from our disc family members, earth relatives, 'associates', etc. To take that away from all those connections must have some payback--?

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 3:46pm

In regression work, we often discover that a suicide to escape a situation simply leads back to that situation in slightly different terms. What is avoided by suicide is options for finding a solution, not getting rid of a problem.

However, were I one of the poor souls being tortured in one of those "non-existent secret internment camps" (or in the grip of the Inquisition, if you prefer) I think that suicide might be a suitable option, because it is of the nature of the problem. But to make it work out usefully, I'd have to choose some other lifestyle next time around, which might be more difficult. The thought of being caught up in a perpetual cycle of torture sounds a bit unattractive.

In the case of incurable illness, rather than being a drag on my family for years, the choice of
euthanasia seems morally appropriate. I have yet to meet such a soul in my practice, so I can't comment on how it looks from the "other side".

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 3:29am

Quote:
We carry so many hopes and expectations---not just our own but from our disc family members, earth relatives, 'associates', etc. To take that away from all those connections must have some payback--?

but people die all the time, from car accidents or whatever, and those are planned before birth, the result is the same, so what's the difference?  i feel like suicide has this huge unnecessary stigma attached to it, whereas murder seems like not such a big deal in books on reincarnation because it's such a common occurrence.  i can't image how suicide can be worse than murder.

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 4:26am

Hey there,

it is hard to believe that suicide is planned before being born, look at the word itself, it means "to kill oneself". It is rather a self determined decision (I won't say free will, it depends on what has driven one to commit suicide, to speak of mobbing or rapings, there are others involved that speed up such decisions) born from circumstances that slowly damage the mind by psychologic matters, until the will to live is broken. It takes some time until commiting suicide, the very moment is what I would call "mental blackout".
Seems to contradict the self-determinism, but usually people dwell in thoughts about ending life before "leaving".

Seing people violently ripped out of their existence before being determined to go, is always tragic (for us here on c1).

But to pick up a point mentioned here, if commiting suicide, you carry that thoughts away with you at your self-determined transition, so you suffer again from the same set of thoughts. Maybe that is the point to start with, since people who died of accidents seem to be not driven by e.g. worries they had in life.

So suicide cannot be planned, imagine someone from what you call your "disc" has ever started to commit suicide, wouldn't that mean, that the thought of killing oneself (maybe the act of suicide also) has become part of the further incarnations as well?
If it is like this, it would mean that suicide, a self determined transition is intervening the plan, not wanted to be part of it. (I know, it is always easy to talk that way, if looking at the mental state of a person who is willing to do so, the "way out" seems so far away from being able to drop the idea of suicide).

regards,

pulsar
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2007 at 7:28am by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.