Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
people presently in our lives, also in pastlives? (Read 4283 times)
LiveLaughLoveIt

people presently in our lives, also in pastlives?
Sep 9th, 2007 at 11:18pm

Hey all,

Someone once told me that the people who we have presently in our lives, such as family and friends, were people who played important roles in our past lives as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew how true this was, or if we get a choice as to which parents and life we're born to.

Measure your life in love.
lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

the_seeker

Re: people presently in our lives, also in pastliv
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 12:39am

it's very true.  we've probably lived many many lives with our closest friends & family before.  there are many examples where people can't get along for "no reason," yet they had trouble in past lives getting along too (or vice versa - people are best friends in lives over and over).  i remember one story where a lady had trouble getting along with a man she was dating - he had murdered her in a past life. 

anyway yeah we tend to move in soul "groups."  also there's the soulmate thing... but not everybody incarnates at the same time as their soulmate.  you can have a happy marriage without them being your soulmate.

journey of souls is a good book to read about this subject.  he even graphs out one woman's soul group, made of her closest family and friends.   it's not a hard and fast rule though - your family could be more "strangers," i.e. not in your soul group.  also in that book he goes into levels of spiritual maturation, so a child could be more spiritually mature than their parents.

IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 1:31am

Here are several case studies on this subject :
http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/WayOfKarma/index.htm

LiveLaughLoveIt wrote on Sep 9th, 2007 at 11:18pm:
Hey all,
Someone once told me that the people who we have presently in our lives, such as family and friends, were people who played important roles in our past lives as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew how true this was, or if we get a choice as to which parents and life we're born to.

IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2007 at 3:23am

thanks for that link, kyo.  i'm going to read some of those.  i like reading past life regressions.

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2007 at 11:59am

Hey, thanks for the replies! I'm going to look into that book, it seems really interesting. I also went to that website and will read it over the weekend when I've got more time.

I dont know why but its really comforting to me to know that I've probably been with all my fam and friends throughout all my past lives, and probably future ones too. It's made me look at everyone really differently and really appreciate them.

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2007 at 8:30pm

Hi LoveMe-
The IARRT has tried to get data on prior associations carried forward. Based on their data, I'm told that we travel in groups of about 50-60 or so, although I'm inclined toward twice that number for personal reasons. Very often people in regression report that their present husband, daughter, father, best friend etc is from a prior life where they were emotionally close. Less often we find a pattern where people have been adversaries for several incarnations. I had one case in which a woman had waited for an entire lifetime until her husband had been reborn to go after him. It seems that he had left for the Korean war and failed to return. She pined away and died. He passed another rather short lifetime, and then on his next rebirth, still as a young man, she reincarnated and attempted to rebuild the relationship that they once had. She was quite angry, and it took a bit of therapy to quiet things down.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2007 at 3:32pm

Thats very interesting! I took a look at your website, and saw you actually do the past life regression. very interesting, I never knew that was possible to do, maybe I'll go to someone and get mine done eventually. This also makes me wonder now why I dont get along with some of the people in my life.

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 11:14pm

Quote:
Less often we find a pattern where people have been adversaries for several incarnations.

also they can be *both* adversaries and a lover at the same time.   not all relationships are meant to be flowers & roses.   there is some detail on that in one of the woman's regressions here - http://infinity.usanethosting.com/Heart.Of.God/WayOfKarma/index.htm

IP Logged

Patrick

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 2:52am

the_seeker wrote on Sep 10th, 2007 at 12:39am:
...it's not a hard and fast rule though - your family could be more "strangers," i.e. not in your soul group.  also in that book he goes into levels of spiritual maturation, so a child could be more spiritually mature than their parents.  

Well I certainly hope that if my parents turn out not to be in my "spiritual circle" that they would soon assimilate into it, as I love them dearly. Same thing goes for my fiance. Also, I really don't want to discover that she has a parade of former husbands waiting for her on the other side. I might be driven to whip out a can of spiritual whoop-ass.  

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 3:54pm

Actually, Patrick, those "former husbands" (and all the rest) might have been your children (or parents) while you were her son or brother etc in a former incarnation - we seem to change relationships and sex as fast as we change clothing.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 1:21am

Quote:
Also, I really don't want to discover that she has a parade of former husbands waiting for her on the other side.

you can bet on it, but obviously spiritual beings have no use to think of things in physical or sexual terms so couldn't be jealous about such things.  if you're close to somebody you could have a special spiritual union with them.  and as dave said, her former husband could be, say, her father or her sister in this life.  people do a have soul mate though... the "luckiest" people who get married, i guess you could say, though your soul mate could be a best friend in a particular life instead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.