Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A new village (Read 2012 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
A new village
Aug 29th, 2007 at 10:16am

Greetings--

Vajra's words on 'the worrying side' got me thinking.  He said:
"I guess it's not by accident that the institutional churches have always
demonised and sought to exterminate those in esoteric traditions or on
the path of self knowledge. It's actually a big development that it's possible
for the likes of us to express our views in public - it's only a very few years
since it would have caused us big problems. Hopefully it's a sign of irreversible change..."

Any previous community grew out of mundane relationships--villages and congregations held together by who-married-who and who-died-lately, practically gossip in other words.  This community and other web discussion boards on spiritual subjects are formed for the first time in the world's history from people around the globe who can speak together about their spiritual involvement! 
The sky (heaven) is now the limit !!

Perhaps the old demons were around just to keep peoples' attention on the non-physical while they were being distracted by daily practicalities. We can visit for as many hours a day as possible and still not have to get 'down-to-earth'.  Our explorations of consciousness are going on while we are inspired to be here, not because an authority of some sort said come to church regardless of your toothaches and sick children.

I would expect the results of our discussions have much more spiritual consciousness as a result. ---Hooray !!  Where shall we imagine this can take us !?   Cheesy

PUL, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: A new village
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 7:19am

Hi Betson, I share your enthusiasm for a new world in which all are free to exchange their ideas and inspirations.

You asked where this might take us and my thinking on this is that it will take us back to the "other" from which we feel separate. I see that it happens now, and will always happen.

Any path of enlightenment, I've come to believe, will not continue down a path which separates. It will always return to oneness, and the life-giving energy which we receive from it.

In the meantime, some of us are catching a glimpse, and we like what we see....

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2007 at 8:10am

Thanks B. Lots teach that this reality is the creation of the collective ego which is addicted to the delusion of separation from God - that this results in the ever present tension between the egotistical urges that drag us ever deeper into it, and the hunger (the sense of separation that nothing material can overcome) to transcend it or to return to God and PUL.

For me there's a clear turning point - a before and an after.

While we rely on intellectually based blind religious belief and dogmatism we are inevitably separated from God and wide open to doing harm to ourselves and others in many ways including in the name of religion. This because the ego often becomes identified with this intellectual belief system, and finds ways to justify it's self serving ends through it.

Once we develop enough confidence to assume personal spiritual responsibility and start down the path of spiritual growth we inevitably progress and before too long are rewarded with experience which make love and our place in the Cosmos real for us. But we have to take that first step and stick with it - free will seems paramount.

As I've just said elsewhere there's (short of a bloody minded conscious decision to block this still small voice) no going back from that. We just know. And that 'knowing' is 100% experiential and pure, it's got nothing to do with and is impervious to what we think.

Meaning that while it can be overridden by the clamour of ego and the discursive mind it cannot be adulterated or otherwise played around with.....

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2007 at 2:17am

Thank you for your thoughts, Blink and Vajra.

I expect amazing results from these loving spiritual websites, ---already happening as Blink points out.

The individually unique explorations we have today will become broad categories of experience 'tomorrow' as more and more people add their results to the collection, I imagine.

The strength of faith and hope as motivators of spirit will increase with all the evidence being reported and the influence of fear will correspondingly weaken, I imagine.

I imagine the strength of all imagination will grow with these new ways to exercise it, and what we build with some effort these days will be done with ease in due time.

Looking forward to meeting you all there!
PUL, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 5:35pm

Bets,
thats really interesting, yes and brings a thought to mind.

On the counterpart of everything there must be balance, right? A spirit which we are. WE ARE ALL A PART OF THE WHOLE AND THE GREATEST THING EVER, and it wants to experience emotions & feelings. So the setting must be created for such emotions to take place, so that the spirit - which we all are - can even experience to begin with.

A beautiful little story I shall now tell. (If I write it correctly I think I will cry again)

This is a story of us all!  Wink

There was a tiny little soul amoungst other tiny little souls in heaven which wanted to have a talk with God, so the tiny little soul so bright asked for a moment in which to speak.
Tiny little soul: Hello God, thank you so much for me being such a bright soul within this realm.
God: You are quite welcome tiny little soul.
Tiny little soul: Wow, God I was wondering if theres more to being than this and wanted to know if you would help me experience whatever there is out there?
God: Of course I will tiny little soul.
Tina little soul: Oh great (jumping up and down, jumping up and down)
God: What is it that you want to experience Tiny little soul?
Tiny little soul: Well, I want to be special.
God: Oh, you want to be special huh? What would you consider being special?
Tiny little soul: (frustrated like a teenager) Uuuh, I don`t know, your God, you tell me!
God: Tiny little soul, look around you.

So Tiny little soul looks around itself and notices that all the countless many tiny little souls were gathering around them so to listen to the conversation between God and Tiny little soul.

God: Do you see all the tiny little souls around you, they are all special, there lights are just as bright as yours is, do you see their beauty as angels, I created nothing else other than special souls.
Tiny little soul Looks back at God and says: Aww, this is not fun. How can I be special if all the tiny little souls are like me?
God: Well you could start by naming me some things which would make you differ from the other tiny little souls.
Tiny little soul: Oh yeah, I can do that! I can be nice to others, and I can be curtious and teach others to do well. That would be special wouldn`t it? (jumping up and down, jumping up and down again)
God: Yes, Tiny little soul, that would be special. Or you could be FORGIVING.
Tiny little soul: Whats that? Tiny little soul said.  Huh
Okay - I`ll do it! I`ll be forgiving. Thats being really special, right?
God: But how would we know that this is you, since all of the tiny little souls shine as bright as yourself?
Tiny little soul: Oh no God, thats a problem again.  Undecided
God: I know what, we will surround you with darkness, so that when you forgive, you`ll see the light around you.
Tiny little soul: I am all excited, oh yeah, that sounds like a perfect PLAN.
God: But Tiny little soul, we run into another problem.
Tiny little soul: uuuuuuh, what now?
God: Theres no one to forgive! Look around you. All of you shine so bright and are so loving that theres no reason to forgive. You will need another to help you experience what "forgiveness" is. And besides, the other tiny little soul must reduce its consciousness to such a dark and low frequency and do something so horrid to you, something so terrible that it allows you to have the chance to forgive. I don`t know Tiny little soul.

Tiny little soul sits there in all sadness and hurt because it can`t experience what the emotion "forgiveness" feels like.

Tiny little soul: But I really really want to be special and forgive.  Cry

It knows that all the tiny little souls around it sees this as another tiny little soul steps up and says to Tiny little soul: I`ll help you Tiny little soul, I`ll help you..

Tiny little soul: Really! Would you do that for me? Oh great, I get to experience Forgiveness, I get to experience forgiveness! (jumoing up and down)

It stands there very quite and amazed shortly thereafter and ponders. "But... why would you do that for me tiny little soul? Why would you lower your beautiful light so far, so that you give me a chance to experience this"?

The other tiny little soul says: Because I love you Tiny little soul and if you want to experience Forgiveness then I will be happy to play that dark part, so that you can. We have done this before, don`t you remember? Once you were the boy and I was the girl, then we switched parts again and I was the good guy and you were the criminal. Do did the same for me.

Tiny little soul: Oh I remember now. Yes, I remember.

the other tiny little soul: goes over to the side and looks terribly saddend and says, But you have to promise me something okay?

Tiny little soul: ANYTHING you want, I will do for you! You name it!

the other tiny little soul: When at that moment where I hurt you the most, where I have done the most terrible thing anyone could have ever done to you. Please don`t forget who I really am, please don`t forget that we are two tiny little souls whom are doing this so that you can experience. For if you do then we will need a third tiny little soul to remind us of who we are.

Tiny little soul: OH NO! I will never forget that you loved me so much to help me experience forgiving and I promise you that when you do the worst there is to do to me, I will forgive you! I promise you that, I promise.

All the envolved tiny little souls incarnated soon thereafter.

Next time there is an agressor, keep in mind its the tiny little soul or maybe YOU are the third soul whom is to remind the other souls of what they really are!

I love you all!
Anja

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.