Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
books (Read 29086 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: books
Reply #15 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:44pm

I think you explained it very well Spooky.  From what I understand, this is how Bruce explained phasing to me...Think of all parts of your self in all their perspectives simultaneously existing, with your physical self being where you are mainly consciously focused.  Phasing would be shifting more of your focus of awareness on another perspective, I guess kind of like tuning into a different frequency. 

I tend to look at the feeling of out of body experiences as the same concept as phasing, only with a different feeling of perception.  You know how Bruce's continuum of nonphysical sight has one end being seeing as knowing and the other end being just-like-physical eyesight seeing?  But he says that one type of perception is no more real than another?  I think of phasing and OBEs as being on such a continuum.  The out of body experience doesn't mean the experience is more real than a phasing experience, it just has a different feeling of perception. 

I hope I'm explaining all this the right way.  It's still very confusing to me, but I'm slowly working on grasping it!
Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #16 - May 1st, 2007 at 12:39pm

Thank you Spooky, I appreciate those words. Another thing is, when I phase, like in retrievals, I am present in a fully colored, brilliant landscape complete with sight, smells, tastes, hearing, etc, but when I am OBE like the other night outside my house in the street, it was very gray, perhaps because of the early morning light, but I have yet to have a fully managed OBE to hang around a bit and see what color it really is in that state. Another thing is, I have a weekly meeting on skype where I and a friend discuss our OBE effots and also connect with our guides, and when I am connected to our guides, I have not so far been able to HEAR their words, they have to communicate via symbolism, like I use when doing past life readings for others. There is a level of HEARING that is like, just instant knowing, you know what I mean, where you don't hear a thing but the information comes in a Monroe ROTE, and you just know stuff. But I am not in that place when connecting to our guides, I have to be spoon-fed symbolism and slow information like a baby. Another thing is, how much energy it takes to FOCUS...when I visited my dad in the park the other day and went with him to visit my brother and my daughter, the effort it took to focus was enormous, I kept bouncing back into my day to day reality and problems and apologetically bouncing back to the park ten minutes later, to resume the visit. Embarrassing, but I guess it takes effort to get good at this stuff.  Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - May 1st, 2007 at 10:06pm

Hi,

quote Vee: "when I phase, like in retrievals, I am present in a fully colored, brilliant landscape complete with sight, smells, tastes, hearing, etc, but when I am OBE like the other night outside my house in the street, it was very gray"
That's interesting. I thought it's likely that the more one feels like "in" the scene, meaning the more it is an OBE, the more it tends to be very vivid, "real". This seems not to be the case. Robert Bruce also tells of "weak" OBEs, due to a lack of energy. In one OBE I was out of my upper physical body, my physical body sound asleep on the bed. I looked around, then decided to go back into my body consciously to remember it and write it down. When I was back in my physical body and opened my eyes, it was exactly like I've seen it out of (physical) body, only the light while OBE seemed to be more ambient, softer, more dim, but only a little bit.
My mind journeys are not so sensual vivid, so I'm always trying to find a way for more "resolution".
By the way, "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce has a lot of tips, it's especially for having and remembering OBEs. I'm still trying the methods. He has his own viewpoint how it works, but he not wrote anything about Monroe and phasing, and how this would fit in his theory.

quote Vee: "where you don't hear a thing but the information comes in a Monroe ROTE, and you just know stuff."
Yes, that's the usual way for me to perceive "there", first I "know" something, then I can make it visual, like a blurry, moving sketch or graphic. The problem with this is, I really can become sceptic about it, because the process of making it visible or hearable is done by me, so it's easy to come to think I made it up. But, on the other hand, I had to be VERY creative to make it all up by myself, within just a little moment.

quote Vee: "I have to be spoon-fed symbolism and slow information like a baby"
What happens when you try to communicate in words or pictures? Would they understand? Sometimes I as well get symbolic messages. When I ask a question, and I sense no one whom I ask, then an answer usually comes in form of a little movie, or cartoon, or graphic. Sometimes as well playing with words (like I see an eye, and the meaning is "I"). Or what would happen if you imagine you have a means of direct connection, like a data wire, or tube, or you just think strongly of telepathy or so? Maybe you could then skip the slow symbology way for something faster. But maybe it is just appropriate as it is now for some reason.

quote Vee: "how much energy it takes to FOCUS"
Yes, sometimes it's hard, and sometimes it's really a kind of energetic process. This is, I find, confusing, and different to an OBE, where the physical body is sound asleep:
Sometimes I really force myself to focus, when I feel like, and when I feel like I CAN do it. This is, paradoxically, accompanied with lots of energy which makes me very fast moving all the time in the nonphysical, very fastly from this location to that, here some informations, there some words; in retrievals I can't move away, that's hard, it's like there's tension building up then.
Now, because I'm not OBEing here, this force of focusing and fast movement is bleeding through to my body, causing tension everywhere, sometimes even pain, so this is counterproductive to holding the focus. Nonetheless, these (over)active states are the ones in which I gain the most informations/impressions/stories. After it I often feel like I had for hours worked very concntrated, just like after a math classroom test or so, pressure on the head, and more or less tensioned.
This would not happen while OBEing I presume, at least not from my experiences, as my physical body while OBE was as sound asleep as it could be.

Spooky

P.S. Vicky, look into the dream section, "Papa Legba", I posted a little dream fragment there.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #18 - May 1st, 2007 at 11:18pm

Thanks for those notes, Spooky. I look forward to experiencing as much as some ofyou on the Board have experienced. Each night I go to bed and pick a CD or tape to listen to hoping this will be the night I break through. But then I am so tired I just go to sleep...still that's what night is for I guess. But maybe tonight will be different...!!Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #19 - May 2nd, 2007 at 1:57am

Vee wrote on Apr 30th, 2007 at 9:29am:
Hi Alysia. I am puzzling over, what is the relationship between "phasing" and OBE? In phasing, we travel with the mind and really, there is ONLY mind, or is that right, do you think? Everything is created by Mind, right? Including the physical and Second Body and other bodies. When we pass over, at first we keep our general physical appearance and shape, only younger I hear, and eventually transform into our real shape, which is pure light. So if we have an OBE, it must be our mind creating our second body for us to travel in...but it can travel perfectly well without any body at all...so um, I get really tangled up in this...do you have any insights? Thanks! Vee

Hi there guys..great comments, didn't know y'all were here, didn't get a notice! love talking about obes and phasing Vee.

first Vee, if you see colors and smell, taste, all that, u are way ahead of me! I one of the gray area people with occassional message of word formation and symbol interpretor I can ok at that.

the relationship between phasing and obe, might be like the relationship between regular dream and lucid dream, both are dreams, but you are more participatory in the lucid dream, as is a sense "I am now in my dream, having this experience."
where in the dream theres is just some symbols you recall, and maybe some vague feelings.

there in only mind you said. so I'm trying to follow you. we could see it as mind/Mind.

C1 versus non/physical reality or  physical matter/nonphysical matter
all as energy.  Mind energy.  physical matter is frozen energy as analogy. it vibrates more slowly, but is still in movement.

where the other bodies we speak of are of a finer vibrating matter. like when a fan is moving it's blades very fast you cannot define the blades in there but when you turn off the current, you see that there is blades.
its because of the fast vibration movement we do not see ghosts or spirits usually with naked eye.

then you ask everything is created by mind right?
collective mind creates are reality because we agree that the world is round. so it is round because we agreed. but when it was flat, we all agreed it was flat. so everything is created by mind in that sense of perceptions, both physical and nonphysical senses.

In a way I guess you're right, we create our other bodies, as vehicles of consciousness, and we use form as we please. but objectively creating our other bodies, that is another matter altogether; it would be like the exerise of creating our own special place "There."

I suppose. one time when I phased and was just "there" I was just mind, I knew I was just mind, a spark of awareness, so I wondered what to do to get the person's attention as I had no form. I was tiny in comparison with the person also, sooo...I just kept thinking how I might do this, then I could see him so clearly, he was so good looking, I kept smiling at him, he was so sad, but I couldn't make myself appear, but somehow he picked up my thoughts and looked at me...I don't know what I looked like to him, I thought I was just a dancing light in front of his eyes..this could be the case.

so I considered that my first phasing experience as I was just there suddenly after setting my intention to do a retrieval.

hope that helps. the obes I hardly have them because I don't even try. but I understand people here want to do obes and I used to want to do them .

I still go obe once in 2 or 3 months. I'm meeting a friend out there once in awhile. we act out scenes and I interpret them once I wake up in association with my belief systems.
but these are like subjective and involuntary sequences and I wouldn't call it phasing, more of an obe, but not a lucid dream, more than a lucid dream due to the unpredictability of it.

I read your posts are very good. you are doing just as good as us, so don't think we know everything!!!  love, alysia Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2007 at 11:37am

Thanks, Alysia.Those comments were thought-provoking, as is the content of your book, which I am enjoying in small platefuls. There is so much in each paragraph in your stories, I have to take my time with it all. Well, I was just talking to someone last night about my cat. I have an interesting cat, her name is Louise. She is all black except for one tiny, dimesize white spot on her side. When I got her, the way she came to me, through a friend, I knew she was selected just for me. I had been asking for a cat to support me through a difficult experience. She was very special from the beginning. In many ways, I have not been worthy of her. For one thing, she has a very active energy field, blue, easy to see, and one time I saw her cord...I looked at her across the room and could clearly see the large blue field around her and shooting up from the center of her back, a wide stovepipe chakra going straight up through my ceiling into infinity. It was the only time I ever saw a stovepipe chakra. She is so special. Another thing, when I first got her, and she was just a kitten, and very smart, one day I was standing washing dishes (a lot of nonphysical stuff happens when I wash dishes) at the sink and suddenly, it's hard to explain, she was inside my head. How can I explain this. She was inside my thoughts, inside my actual mind, wandering around, very interested, I could see her clearly, yow, scared the sh..right out of me, and she was examing all the landscape inside my head, I can't explain it any other way, I yelled at her, Don't You Dare Ever Do That Again!!! And she never did do it again. She was scared and ran out of the kitchen. I never could figure that out. What a cat. Very adorable. She almost left me once when I was very stressed and tired out and I was rough with her when she was teasing me by running out of my apartment to a neighbour's door and would not come back in...at 3 in the morning...and she was so upset I was rough with her, she fled to the front door and demanded to be let out. I thought I had lost her that night. I was so repentant...anyway, there it is, and all I can say, is, we just don't know anything much at all about this Morphic Field we live in and function in and everything else that lives in it with us. This morning I was thinking, reading Ultimate Journey, that my non physical body, what I call the Second Body, is in fact my First Body, and my physical is just an invention to hang around in this little physical world, inserted into the immense REAL nonphysical universe. The REAL me is out there...Vee

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #21 - May 2nd, 2007 at 10:41pm

yea, Vee, it seems C1 is not the "real" us. I'm with you there kiddo! well, we are real enough in the sense I'm using these here fingers to connect with you over a device like the internet but theres a whole lot more to us than what we do right here in this moment.

wow, that was some cat story! I love it! so she entered your mind field and walked around in there! lol!!  reminds me that she's what is called "your familiar."

way way back in time a witch was thought to be evil because they flew out of their bodies, as in astral, so folks couldn't figure out how they flew. they invented the broomstick I suppose to portray this astral travel stuff.
then this witch character would often take their cat with them and you see a picture of this cat riding with the astral traveler alias the witch. your story reminded me how close you and your cat are.

once in an obe where I was to meet a new friend in a new town, she came as a wolfe and morphed into a beautiful woman.
the symbol of the wolfe was wild and free and independent, and when I met her she came with 4 dogs and a wild and free nature, at one with all nature creatures as depicted in my dream, so I can see you and your cat were made for each other, to teach each other things, she's already led you into some mysteries! you are one lucky cat owner!

love, alysia

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #22 - May 3rd, 2007 at 11:13am

Hi Alysia! Thanks for that post! I will tell Louise what you said...don't know if she will understand...she'll probably just ask for more tuna!! (What is that tuna thing with cats anyway???) One of my friends wants Louise to go and OBE with him, if I got her to do that I'd probably start having a lot of problems with her! I have one more story about Louise I like to share. Maybe i already have this story on the Board, can't remember. I used to own a motel in Tofino, a super-busy tourist area here on Vancouver Island. I sold it in 2000. I moved out with Louise into a townhouse. On the day of the transaction completing I went over to the motel and left Louise in the house full of cardboard boxes. Her bed was upstairs in the bedroom. The motel was bought by a couple with two cats of their own. Louise's job at the motel had been to leap on the counter when people came into the office and offer herself for adoration and a brief worship period, where they would croon to her in many languages and stroke her and say things like "Gorgeous" "Beautiful" "Wow" etc. She viewed this as her employment and raison d'etre.

She had seen the incoming cats of course and had realized what was happening. On the day of the sale, I came back to the house after completing paperwork at the motel for the last time. I went looking for her and couldn't find her. She was upstairs in her box where I found her at last, and her little body was shaking. I lifted her out and she just hung from my arm like a rag. Her face was covered in snot and soaking wet with tears. Her whole head was soaked in tears. She was sobbing convulsively. She did not respond to me whatever, just hung on my arm sobbing and shaking. I gave up after a while and put her back in her basket, where she lay sobbing for along time. She had been weeping there all by herself for hours.

Well, I never knew cats could cry. Did you??? What a revelation. A while after that I read in a pet magazine that when pets suffer loss of employment if their owner sells a business, it always affects the animal hugely, as they become so identified with their "job" at the place of business. Afterward, when I thought about it, I remembered that my ex's cat, George, a big tuxedo cat, had had his own job at the motel. Where Louise had always jumped on the counter to be appreciated, George stayed outside by the door to the office. He waited till they had registered, then importantly strutted along with them to their room, where he rushed in ahead of them, did a perimeter check of the whole room and then left them there and came back to sit outside the office door. That was his job. Because I did not realize all this about animals, I failed to prepare them both or take care of them when it happened. We are so unaware. My heart goes out to animals, who live with a race-in-charge with all kinds of misconceptions about them they can't speak to put right. Anyway, that exhausts my Louise stories, I think. Vee

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #23 - May 4th, 2007 at 1:15am

omygod Vee, a crying cat..I almost thought she had ingested something? but I suppose not, as you would have known this.
that was heartbreaking. I hope Louise can feel important doing some other job?

well a short story for your pleasure. I moved recently into a one room granny flat in back of my daughter and I have my other daughters big white alley cat we rescued from the ally as a kitten.

so he needs to make huge adjustment to move from his birth place. so he thinks he owns me, right? anyhoo I put up this mirror and he knows I'm busy on the puter and this mirror is right beside me; he looks into it and sees my reflection and stares, then he knows he can't be pawing on me, so instead he's smart, to get my attention he begins to claw the mirror with my reflection in it..I end up chasing him arond the room lol. he's so stubborn.

give Louise a big kiss and scratch on the chin. love, alysia

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #24 - May 4th, 2007 at 6:26pm

I know this is all off topic,,,we are going to get into trouble...just wondered what your cat's name is? He sounds like a big softie. They are really funny with mirrors. One of my friend's dog has spent the past four years banging on the mirrored closet in their kitchen trying to get the dog in the mirror to come out and play, as she spends so much time alone while they are at work. The mirror must be very sturdy. I think your cat is smarter than my friend's dog. Vee

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #25 - May 4th, 2007 at 7:49pm

I don't know about the smarter bit Vee but he was called Caliche which is either means hot, or a frozen yogurt. since he had fleas a lot before I came along, the girls called him Flea. then somehow they called him nomyah, some term of endearment. this cat has had an NDE, just so we can stay on topic. love to you!

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #26 - May 4th, 2007 at 11:11pm

Flea!! Cats never get the respect they deserve!! Well, it's better than frozen yogurt! Vee

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #27 - May 5th, 2007 at 1:47am

ok Vee thats funny ...

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #28 - May 5th, 2007 at 4:19pm

Where did you find that perfect cat??? I swear. Laughed my head off. He is pacing the floor wondering how to get a name change permit. Actually, his name is cute, as I expect he is himself.  Enjoying your book and learning lots. When and how exactly did you figure out you were a melted cheese sandwich and DP was in there? Vee

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #29 - May 6th, 2007 at 12:26am

wow Vee thats a loaded question u just asked!! Cheesy I wonder since I'm moderator on the book page club, I can get away with being completely off topic? Cheesy

sure why not. say, do u want the short or the long version? I'll try for the short, but when you get to roadsign 25 it kind of helps u tie in things to answer not all questions, but some, as concerning DP.

I was under 21 and a somewhat popular psychic, Thelma Moss was my teacher and counselor regarding other lives and aspect affiliates therein, whatever, she was in the language of past lives, and we here have graduated to simultaneous lives. so that helps immensely to figure out who the heck is DP? she called him me.

she didn't specify it as a he. I'm the one conjectured must be a man because he really messed up bad (this is going to sound silly, due to my mood) because its men the ones who mess up bad. ( I apologize, I'm being facetious) Cheesy
she told me of a bunch of lives. this one broke my heart though and bothered me a little.

so years go by I don't think of these things at all. one day I'm about ready to write my book and wondering about how to order the chapters so I can make it cohesive and all that, and whether I'm going to go as first person narrative...

so I'm sitting in my back yard some 40 years after Thelma gave me that reading and DP pops in my head and says "it was I who was always with you from the start."
then he starts writing through me the first few chapters, but they got scratched as his style of writing was not my style..it was stilted, polite, 1910 type penning, sometimes poetic but all in all, he's a fuddy duddy.

so I laughed out loud. I was getting the idea I should include him in my book and that he and I were like one, but two separate people we would portray for amusement and learning. since we are merged, like higher self, he might be considered at times to be, I had to do some work, like retrieval work in order to merge the aspects and thats where RS 25 comes in handy.

these parts of us, like DP, are like memory bleed thrus that come in the heart area, where we can think of energy as feelings containing the whys and the wherefores of another time and place which helped you become who you are today.

you're not in that body which once lived a life, but u are intimate with this person who did live so that you begin to love yourself within the painful mystery of accepting your own failings. then love causes the understanding and forgiveness and merging of all our many selves. we are all one anyway.

such folly to consider that a personality would go into the recycle bin, I think we can have access to all we have been and all we have done.
DP wrote in his other life. he loves to write. too bad i won't let 'em!! haha!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.