Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about guides and God! (Read 2639 times)
Da_Bears_1_fan

Question about guides and God!
Feb 15th, 2007 at 8:40pm

I was wondering if it is okay for me to talk to my guides more than God.. I pray to God of course.. I think it is okay for me to talk to them as much as I want and even more, since we all are a part of God and he knows they will help me out.. What do you guys think??

If, you want to communicate with your loved ones on the otherside. Please check out this psychic Melanie Moore Ph. D.! She is the best in the business! IMO her site is http://psychic-guidance.net/ .. 30 dollars for 30 minute readings..

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: Question about guides and God!
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 9:26pm

I think that any time you have a feeling of fear associated with your understanding of god, then it is time to reexamine your concept of god.  In this case, it seems as if you may think it is not okay to communicate with god less than you do with anything/anyone else.  Perhaps a small part of you thinks god will punish you for having faith in somthing else.  There is a semi-recent thread here about God and what God really is.  I suggest you read it, and hopefully your questions will be answered.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 11:33pm

I think you have a good question Da.  I wonder the same thing and I find myself talking to God for certain things and my guidance for others.  In case anyone is wondering, my idea of God is not the traditional religious sense either.  My idea of God is of an overall Consciousness or total existence of everything. 

When I feel like talking to my guides I think of them in terms of my team who is there to help me and guide me, trying to keep my best interest in mind.  I feel guides help us to help ourselves.  I think of guides as helping us to figure out what we want and then helping us to get it.  When I feel like talking to God, to me that is my way of sorting our my thoughts, or handing everything over to a higher source when I feel I need help and can't help myself.  When I feel like that, I feel like accepting whatever is handed to me and feel more humble about everything. 

I know this came up in the other thread, and some great discussion came out of it.  I agree that it doesn't really matter what different individuals think or what they label things.  As long as you as an individual know how to feel what you want, know how to set that intent with a feeling of love and gratitude, then you will learn how to use your own consciousness to create your reality. 

Personally, I've prayed out of desperation and helplessness when being at my lowest moment, and have had my prayer answered.  It is most amazing when you have an experience like that.  But I've also had experiences with just being plain old stubborn, knowing exactly what I want, not having a clue how to make it happen, but being dang sure I wasn't gonna let anything get in my way.  And that has worked too!  So I think "how" you act is determined by what you are feeling at the moment.  The bottom line of what seems to work is placing intent and letting it go without doubt, or some people call it "let go and let God".  It's the same formula though.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 3:20pm

My feeling is that God has set things up so that we take part in the creation. Therefore, it is natural that some of us will play the role of guide at times.

Despite what I just wrote, I still think it's a good idea to pray to God for guidance, rather than just shouting out blindly, and accepting the words of whoever happens to drop by. One would think that if one has a sincere motive for reaching out to guidance, and one addresses God first, things will work out as needed.

IP Logged

Da_Bears_1_fan

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 5:12pm

Vicky wrote on Feb 15th, 2007 at 11:33pm:
I think you have a good question Da.  I wonder the same thing and I find myself talking to God for certain things and my guidance for others.  In case anyone is wondering, my idea of God is not the traditional religious sense either.  My idea of God is of an overall Consciousness or total existence of everything.  

When I feel like talking to my guides I think of them in terms of my team who is there to help me and guide me, trying to keep my best interest in mind.  I feel guides help us to help ourselves.  I think of guides as helping us to figure out what we want and then helping us to get it.  When I feel like talking to God, to me that is my way of sorting our my thoughts, or handing everything over to a higher source when I feel I need help and can't help myself.  When I feel like that, I feel like accepting whatever is handed to me and feel more humble about everything.  

I know this came up in the other thread, and some great discussion came out of it.  I agree that it doesn't really matter what different individuals think or what they label things.  As long as you as an individual know how to feel what you want, know how to set that intent with a feeling of love and gratitude, then you will learn how to use your own consciousness to create your reality.  

Personally, I've prayed out of desperation and helplessness when being at my lowest moment, and have had my prayer answered.  It is most amazing when you have an experience like that.  But I've also had experiences with just being plain old stubborn, knowing exactly what I want, not having a clue how to make it happen, but being dang sure I wasn't gonna let anything get in my way.  And that has worked too!  So I think "how" you act is determined by what you are feeling at the moment.  The bottom line of what seems to work is placing intent and letting it go without doubt, or some people call it "let go and let God".  It's the same formula though.  

Thanks and I agree, with you about God! I believe God is not a being like a person, but he is in everything and everyone that lives and breathes.. So, I believe he brings my guides and my gpa to talk to me. Because we are all a part of God. I pray to God when I know it is something a guide can't really do for me.. Something only God can do for me.

Thanks everyone for your help! Smiley

If, you want to communicate with your loved ones on the otherside. Please check out this psychic Melanie Moore Ph. D.! She is the best in the business! IMO her site is http://psychic-guidance.net/ .. 30 dollars for 30 minute readings..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.