Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The mind is powerful and can imitate bright lights (Read 3001 times)
Susan Scarecrow

The mind is powerful and can imitate bright lights
Oct 23rd, 2006 at 2:49pm

I once saw a documentary about life after death and of course it was debated.
One side showing "proof" of it, and the other side dis-crediting the proof.

One part of the show that was quite interesting was when they hooked all these wires up to this guys brain. These Dr's. then had him tell them about the experiences he had when they stimulated certain areas of his brain.

When they stimulated the front of his brain, he saw a "bright light" and "tunnel". He also claims he could remember certain things, and see certain people who were dead.

Don't you doubt that maybe when we die, and our bodies are shutting down, that our brains produce certain endophines, and other things. After all, we do go through a process when we die. And we all go through the exact same things. So maybe these bright lights and tunnels are just our "minds eye" shutting down, or mis-firing.

Any comments???

Susan_Scarecrow

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: The mind is powerful and can imitate bright li
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 5:16pm

Hi Susan S,
You found that
"When they stimulated the front of his brain,
he saw a "bright light" and "tunnel". He also
claims he could remember certain things,
and see certain people who were dead."
Why could he do that?
Are you saying he just happened to make up the same phenomena that we experience when we die? Or did he make it up just to tease afterlife believers? 
Or didn't he have any control of what he was experiencing during these stimulations?
I think he experienced it because they stimulated an area that must be like a doorway to the afterlife. I think he experienced it because it was authentically just what he said it was, just like the other stimulatied areas were.  Why would this one area be faked and the others authentic and acceptable?
Bets
(  This topic has to do with the afterlife, so you could move it to 'afterlife topics,' where it will get more readers. This 'announce- ments' area is usually for some event that is going to happen.  Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 10:12pm

Hi Susan Scarecrow,
with bodily stimulations of all kinds (electric, drugs, acoustic, visual) we can go to some altered states of mind as we all know. The interpretation is opposite as usual: The one party says it's all body-related, the others say that body/brain is just a tool for the mind.

Now, what is different in near-death-experiences is that on the one hand they often are extraoridinarily impressing, clear and life-changing, while on the other hand the brain activity is going down. That to me doesn't fit together with the "it's all material" view.

I would be thankful (and a lot of other folks too I guess) it there would be an easy harmless method to induce OBEs.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

heirloom

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 4:24am

you may want to check this site out...though always remain objective...we on Earth are in a constant state of learning...
http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/rebirth.htm

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 12:10pm

I liken this to what I always tell people who want me to diagnose some problem their horse is having strictly from the symptoms.  It's like a headache...you could have a headache because your husband is being a jerk, it could be a brain tumor, you could have had too much to drink last night.  Same headache.  Likewise, it's entirely possible that when dying our departing (permanently or otherwise) soul triggers those reactions. Could be something else does...point is, symptoms aren't causes.

Given that I've encountered several people who saw departed loved ones at the end of their dying family members bed, and several people who've come gotten totally unknown information from "over there", I'd be inclined to think that the whole "light and tunnel" thing is a symptom of something else (electrical stimulation, or stimulation of that energy body, the soul) rather than a thing in itself.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.