Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Did Jesus have dreams? (Read 15486 times)
Berserk

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Did Jesus have dreams?
Reply #15 - May 30th, 2006 at 3:11pm

When Jesus had this vision, I think He felt triumphant.  Many make the mistake of assuming  that possession and exoricism was much more common in Jesus' day than it is now.  But prior to Christ's incarnation, there is no evidence of exorcisms in the Ancient Near East.  As soon as Jesus bursts on the scene, we suddenly hear about Jewish and Greco-Roman exorcists.  I recall reading that, according to Swedenborg, Jesus' incarnation was in some sense timed to coincide with a dramatic change in the structure of the astral territories. 

Don

Note: By "possession" I mean enslavement by a blatantly evil entity.  Possession by benign spirits (e.g. dead humans) was nut unknown prior to Jesus.  Also, don't be put off by the term "Satan."  It means "adversary."  The nature and origin of Satan can be left as an unsolved mystery.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #16 - May 30th, 2006 at 4:36pm

Don:

Interesting quote below.

I've done some research, and found that in the old testament "satan" was sometimes used instead of the word "adversary", and sometimes was used by people to refer to anybody who was opposed to them.

In some cases it was used to explain why people were having bad luck, rather than blaming their bad luck on God. They could've just blamed the humans who caused them to have problems. Why blame God for what we do to each other?

In a place such as the book of Job,  satan or adversary was some being that effected Job with God's permission, as oppossed to a being who does things against God's will.

Some people say that Isaiah speaks of the source of satan (e.g., in King James version of the Bible); however, the earlier Hebrew version simply spoke of a fallen king of Babylon.

Revelations speaks of a giant dragon and a beast from the sea, but when you read how they are spoken of,  it seems like they are symbolic representations for something other than actual beasts. For example "seven heads" can mean seven nations and/or kings that were in opposition to the groups of people St. John was aligned with.

I'm not trying to tell you what the Bible says. I'm certain you know it much better than I.  Just pointing out some things that stood out to me.

I definitely don't believe in fallen angels. It just doesn't seem possible to me that an angel who was created by God for a special purpose,  and who was in the presence of God and understood what his power and glory is like, could possibly go against him. Even if it wanted to, it would understand that it would be like a wave trying to take on an ocean of which it is a part.

And even if such an angel did fall, I find it hard to believe that it could get a third of angels to follow it, or that God would allow it to do such a thing.

Some people might say that it did so because it was given a free will. But having a free will doesn't mean you have to be as stupid as an angel would half to be in order to do what satan as fallen angel supposedly did.

Plus, if angels can fall, what would prevent heavenly spirits who used to be embodied spirits from falling too?

Nope, heaven has to be way too glorious for spirits who occupy it to start falling.  And I don't believe that a being like satan could visit God and speak to him as was done in job or would be able to start a war in heaven, because its vibrational rate would be way too low to ascend to heaven. Plus the love and light there would just blow such a being away.

I do believe that we have negative aspects of ourselves to deal with while we are in the physical, because such aspects play a role in allowing us to grow as distinct and unique children of God.

Regarding negative spirits that bug people, do you see how it may be possible that perhaps they are just really angry earth bound spirits, even if they manifest in a really negative manner? A manner that would be partly dependent on the beliefs they accumulated before they passed away.

This could be true even if they act irreverant towards their concept of God. And I say "their concept of God," because if they really knew God, they couldn't possibly act irreverent towards him.

[quote author=Berserk
Note:  Also, don't be put off by the term "Satan."  It means "adversary."  The nature and origin of Satan can be left as an unsolved mystery. [/quote]

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #17 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:48pm

The point is that "lucifer" ia a term that originally referred to Persian King Cyrus (Isaiah 14).  The  important issue for demonology is not the terminology, but the reality of the spiritual powers that might inflict harm.  In this respect, Christian tradition is closest the the truth, though it claims to know more than it reqlly grasps.

Don
"
"

IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2006 at 3:46am

Quote:

When Jesus had this vision, I think He felt triumphant.

Quote:

Note: By "possession" I mean enslavement by a blatantly evil entity.  Possession by benign spirits (e.g. dead humans) was nut unknown prior to Jesus.  Also, don't be put off by the term "Satan."  It means "adversary."  The nature and origin of Satan can be left as an unsolved mystery.

recoverer, do you have any quotes from his last words, just before his death? Do you, Don?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2006 at 12:53pm

No I don't.

Quote:
recoverer, do you have any quotes from his last words, just before his death? Do you, Don?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - May 31st, 2006 at 12:56pm

Well, let's not give whoever or whatever too much power. Seems to me they've cut themselves off from God, so I don't know where they would get their power from. Perhaps some people give them the power when they indulge in dark ways of being, or allow themselves to get intimidated into giving it away, or approach the World of spirits in a foolish manner. "Yeah, I'll play around with this Ouija board, what could happen? It's just a game, right?"

Quote:
The point is that "lucifer" ia a term that originally referred to Persian King Cyrus (Isaiah 14).  The  important issue for demonology is not the terminology, but the reality of the spiritual powers that might inflict harm.  In this respect, Christian tradition is closest the the truth, though it claims to know more than it reqlly grasps.

Don
"
"

IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #21 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 2:21am

i have now. it seems there were 7 of them. i copy and paste. let me now if it is wrong in anyway.

(1) “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46). Here, Jesus was expressing His feelings of abandonment as God placed the sins of the world on Him – and because of that had to “turn away” from Jesus. As Jesus was feeling that weight of sin, He was feeling separated from God for the only time in all of eternity.

(2) “Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots” (Luke 23:34). Here, Jesus is demonstrating His love and forgiveness by asking God to forgive those who crucified Him.

(3) “And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43). In this passage, Jesus is assuring one of the criminals on the cross that when he died, he will be with Jesus in heaven.

(4) “And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost” (Luke 23:46). Here, Jesus is committing His spirit into the Father’s hands, indicating that He was about to die – and that God had accepted His sacrifice.

(5) “When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home” (John 19:26-27). In this verse, Jesus is simply making sure His earthly mother is cared for after His death.

(6) “After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst” (John 19:28). This is a simple one, Jesus was thirsty.

(7) “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished! and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost” (John 19:30). Jesus’ last words meant that His suffering was finished, He had paid the sin debt in full – it was done, accomplished, fulfilled.

since people wants to go on from the accumulated information of others but by questioning their own inner voice most of the time, i felt it is gonna be nice to find out his last words..those that are claimed to his, at least, in an easy to picture condition.
he thirsts. he is human.
he asks for forgiveness of those who damaged him to death. when he saw the satan falling thats why he felt sorry.he felt very sad. i dont think he ever met a "satan" for this very same reason.
he asks questions. A dreamer is the one who ask questions.  people who dream more is the people who asks the question "why".
it seems even as he was dying he cares about people around him a lot..people are full of fears..thats why he must have joined in a lot of nightmares in those human's and non human's dreams.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.