Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Terrifying Experience (Read 11942 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Terrifying Experience
May 21st, 2006 at 12:41am

I had the most terrifying dream last night, and I don't think it was just a dream.  I had trouble falling asleep so I tossed and turned until after midnight.  I went into light sleep but my son, David, woke me up which he does sometimes sleepwalking.  I finally fell asleep but then woke again at 1:15.   I felt myself drift back to sleep, but the next thing I knew was I was getting up and walking to the closed bedroom door.  (I had had it open earlier because the room was hot, but when I had gotten up earlier to get my son back to bed I decided to close my door then to keep the cat out).  

So I found myself walking towards my door and standing right behind it.  I didn't know what I was doing up, but then I heard my son come out of his room again and coming down the hall, so I figured I woke up because I had heard him up again.  I thought to myself that I didn't want to startle him if he opens the door and finds me standing right there, so I started to open it slowly.  He was standing right there on the other side, just smiling at me.  (At the time, I didn't realize that it was odd that I could see him so clearly despite it being completely dark.  This is one of the signs of this type of OBE--that I can see in the dark, even without my glasses).  

My son's eyes were different, and had a kind of sly look.  That expression made him seem older than his 10 years.  I didn't think this was too strange, because when he sleepwalks he is not his normal self anyway.  He didn't speak, only smiled like that at me.  I opened the door, walked out, and began to walk him back to his room again.  When we reached his bedroom, he just stood there smiling at me, when suddenly in my mind's eye I could see some writing in large print.  I couldn't make all of it out, but it was warning me to "beware of playing in the afterlife field".   I thought this was an odd statement, and at first I thought it can't be talking about an actual field.  It must mean the field of research.  I thought, but I'm not playing around--I'm serious about my interests and exploration.  

At this point I slowly began to think that things weren't right.  I don't get spooked too easily, but this was starting to feel really spooky to me.  I looked again at David and by the look in his eyes I knew that he was giving me this message about the afterlife.  But this boy was not my son--he closely resembled him but I could tell now it wasn't my son.  His energy felt sneaky, like he was up to some trickery, and I began to feel very uncomfortable with him.  Just as I was beginning to realize that this wasn't real physical reality, the boy said, "They're here now!" in a slow sing-song voice.  

I think, "Who?" and instantly I find myself lying in my bed awake.  The transition happened so fast that I was lying there still thinking "who's here now?" while at the same time I was wondering how the hell I got in bed so fast.  I thought that I must have been dreaming, despite it feeling so real, and I told myself that my kids were in their beds and that my husband was still at work (which he was--he had to work an all-nighter and wouldn't be off until 8 a.m.)  All this went through my head in mere seconds, and that's when things started getting really scary.  

As I lay there running the events through my head, telling myself it was just a dream, I felt someone start crawling up onto the bed from the foot of the bed.  I heard in my head or thought it, the boy saying "They're here now" again, and I realized that this experience was still happening.  But I knew I was awake at that point.  I began to panic.  I could feel my heart start racing at an incredible rate and my breathing was so fast and labored.  I was confused because I knew I was awake now and it didn't make sense that the dream was still happening.

Who or whatever was crawling onto the bed was now slowly tugging at my covers as I felt the covers begin to slide.  I felt this thing, whatever it was, on top of my legs, then felt it on my abdomen.  It was laying on me but I couldn't see it.  (Again, it didn't occur to me that I could see my room, covers, even my arm brace on my left arm that I have to sleep with due to nerve damage).  I was completely consciously aware and awake, but it didn't occur to me that I was awake only mentally.  I didn't know my physical body was still asleep.  

I panicked more when I tried to call out "who's there?" and then tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth.  I tried to lift my arms but I was paralyzed.  My heart was pounding so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack.  Then the noise started...It was a loud continuous sound which wasn't too annoying on its own but under these circumstances it just made things much worse.  

I could see my left arm, in the arm brace, bent at the elbow and slightly sticking up in the air.  I tried to move it but couldn't.  The thing kept slowly crawling up on me and even though I couldn't see anything, I felt it grab my left hand.  I tried again and again to scream but nothing came out.  The panic I felt was unbearable now and all I could do was scream in my mind.

I don't know how long this lasted, maybe only a minute, and then it was all over.  The noise stopped, the crawling stopped, and I felt the weight that was on me was gone now.  I felt no lapse in time and no break in consciousness--but everything that was happening had just completely stopped.  I had to lift off my sleep mask in order to look around the room but saw nothing there.  My heart was beating hard but not like it had been seconds earlier.  The clock said 1:42.  I hadn't even been asleep a half hour since last waking up.  I was lying in the exact same position as I had been while the thing was crawling up onto the bed, even my left arm was in the same position.

As terrified as I was, I decided to get out of bed to write the experience down so I wouldn't forget anything.  I am not sure what this whole experience was about, but I know I was completely consciously, mentally awake while the thing was crawling on me.  I have not experienced anything like this before.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Re: Terrifying Experience
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2006 at 12:54am

Hi Vicky
I understand your horror and concern. at this stage I can only sympathise with your ordeal.
do you use the white light etc to orotect you, the house, your son? Could help!
Our last house was on a vortex of energy which sometimes gave us very unpleasant "guests" dropping in. I used to have to deal with this in my experience by white lighting, sending our unconditional love and if all else failed, pray like mad!
Mostly our visitors are harmless. We dont get so much activity here in the new place.
will be sending you love

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2006 at 9:04am

Vicky!

I have never experienced anything like that but I do know roughly what you are going through at the end.

I agree i don't think this was your son, someone just used your sons apperance to get a message to you. How did you feel about this character? You said he seemed sneaky, maybe this was you just picking up on his feelings because he felt sneaky using a image that represented your son for that short instance?

I haven't any clue at all as to "they're here now". I agree though this whole thing doesn't seem right though in a weird way or maybe it was because it was designed to make you feel uncomfatble to shock you in order to do something for a lesson?? but then again making you feel panicked just doesn't seem right.

I had an experience kind of the same with being paralysed. I had only experienced this very mildly before and under-estimated it. I still don't understand it or its purpose. I had a out of body experience and everything seemed slightly off, sinister, sly like what you were saying. In my experience i was in and out of my experience all the time but couldn't help it, or help going back OBE again, out of my control. I didn't want to be there in the end, i felt negative feelings and felt uncomfatble. Each time i left i was paralysed for a short time which was scary as everything was going on and i couldn't get out. When i did i felt so tired, physically and mentally and went straight back in to my OBE. The last time i came back i was paralysed for about a minute also, this was the worst, the TV was on at its loudest, the stereo on at its loudest, the lights were bright, other lights going on and off, things moving, a sininster laugh in my ear and i could not break free!

I honestly don't believe in anything negative on the other side, i think a lot is to do with being overwhelmed and not understanding. But from the experience i started to consider maybe there is? but i still dont believe it. But i dont understand the experiences. I'm sorry i couldnt help more, i wish i could.

The only thing i did learn from this experience is not to let it affect any other OBE's, as first i had a little fear but i have had many more experiences after this and have never experienced anything like it again if thats any comfate at all.

Ryan

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2006 at 12:20pm

Odd experience Vicky!  

I agree with Cathy B.'s advice.

I've also have had the paralyzed thing happen to me before too.

Don't know if you remember, but a while ago i talked about an experience that then was kind of frightening to me, where i had a night time visitor who i couldn't 'read', was extremely tall and thin, and seemed emotionless.

I had thought someone had broken in, and what frightented me was that i was paralyzed and he (it?) was slowly walking over to our bed.

I now believe i was only paralyzed because my consciousness was half way in-between C1 and the etheric level--which is the classic OBE type energy.  

On one hand i felt very physical, but i wasn't centered in the body enough to actually 'command' it so to speak.

Either way, please try not to be scared, and remember to surround yourself, your family, with the protective White Light.   Besides, while you're got quite a frightening,  you are not actually harmed right.

with PUL

IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2006 at 2:18am

exact position of waking up, it was a strong dream, it seems..i ll get a little more bearish.. there is no need for protection. current state of mind is more important than start praying when something happens..of course it is up to you mumbling words of anxiety and self fear ..it is just a choice.
there is no need for protection because she has misunderstood the happenings in the surrounding. because she says she sees her own son..nothing can pretend to be something that it is not close/familar in essence and because she sees the warning in her own mind. how is this exactly?she is gotto make this part clearer. it seemd to me by the way it is exaplained even if it might be external, it seems her mind/ her self agrees with the message/warning. she is just gotto sort out what is meant by that playing and afterlife field.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2006 at 12:10pm

Hi

I can sympathise with you because it used to be when I had some extra time on my hands and would try to go obe, I experienced a bit of sleep paralysis which scared me immensely. At the time, I couldn't find out anything about what was happening to me but now I think you can find a bit of info.

Bruce has a link to this person's site. Albert Taylor. He has written about his experiences with sleep paralysis.

http://www.alberttaylor.com/

Actualy he doesn't discuss this on the website; maybe the library has a copy. His comments on "What is the Light" are nice, though.

I used to have some dreams that I didn't experience as obe but had that strange quality you write about in that you are in some dimension that you can't explain, and it is pretty similar to waking but some things have gone awry.

I don't know what the solution is but I am glad we can talk about this stuff.

Jane Roberts wrote a book called Adventures in Conciousness. I like the concept that this is a big adventure, and when the weird things happen, it makes sense to think I am just participating in an adventure in conciousness. Mapping these uncharted areas of conciousness is like DColumbus sailing west, no , better, but maybe we should revive that saying they used to put on those old maps:

Beware of Dragons!

just to remind ourselves we are sometimes in uncharted waters.

Now, if I could just get passed the fear factor....maybe the fire-breathing dragon would turn out to be Puff.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2006 at 6:47pm

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Cathy,

Thanks!  No I don't normally use something like the white light for protection, but believe me...I was praying that night!  I'm not dependent on that sort of thing, but I do pray/meditate regularly, especially for protection, just not in a sense of protecting me from entities and such.  To look back on it now it doesn't feel as scary, but I can definitely remember exactly how scared I was.  My only hope is that if I ever experience this again, I want to have the ability to remember I went through it before and maybe next time I can gain insight to its meaning.

Ryan,

I knew you could sympathize because you've described some pretty strange OBE's yourself at times.  This is new for me though.  And I do believe it was an OBE, especially at least the part of paralysis in the bed. 

Justin,
Although it was scary to be paralyzed and scary to feel something/someone crawling on me, I am not scared to have experiences, so I will keep on with my out of body journeys.  And no, I wasn't harmed.  That paralyzing feeling is what I thought would harm me more than anything, because I actually felt like my heart couldn't take that kind of pounding, even though I'm sure my physical heart was fine (but I didn't know that).

PA,

I agree--the message of playing in the afterlife field should definitely hold the answers to what this means.  You said I should explain that part better? Ok, well in waking life I have clairvoyance where I can see in my mind with 3D vision with the same clarity as physical eyesight.  So, in this dream/OBE, I had the same effect--I was able to see this message in print in my mind's eye. 

Lucy,

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!  And the book as well.  I'm making a list of books to get, so I'll add that one.  I understand what you say about the "fear factor".  But you know, I am just too curious and stubborn to let a little fear stop me.   

After giving this some thought, it came to my mind what Bruce says, that you can't have fear and love at the same time.  So if I had remembered to feel love or send the crawling thing love, then it would have ended differently and maybe I would have really learned something or resolved some unconscious issue I have.  Wish I had had the presence of mind to do so.  I'll have to remember this advice for next time.

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:44pm

Hi Vicky, that was really heavy, even to me when I read it! Despite my nickname I hadn't this sort experience.

But I remember two occurences that could be a bit related to yours. I tried to have an OBE. I knew somehow, "now it's starting", and then an absolute tremendous fear arose in me, at the first occurence I knew not what I feared, at the second it had to do with feeling totally lonely. There seems to be a "place" of fears connected to OBEs.

RAM told about some encounters of an evil type in his first book, the monster and the sucking fishes (if I recall it right), he imaginated fire and/or electricity and made the fishes leave, the light-suggestion of Cathy B. is similar.

I remember Bruce told in his recent book about a person who feared of a terrible figure while OBEing, and it turned out it was just a harmless guy he saw, but was covered with his own fear.

You may have residueing fears about exploring the afterlife which came up in this nasty way. Of course there can be more in it, but cannot tell, it's like with dreams, it's personal. Regarding fears, I would think about a method having always handy if such a thing would happen again. It's like in the self-defence-discipline, the defense has to come like automatic, to not give fear a chance to take over.

About the one pretending to be your son, in general, symbolically it could express that you apprehend that your "normal" surrounding, people you know, are maybe not what you hope they would be, maybe you fear they would sometimes be angry with you, or that they don't like you and just pretend that they like you; it's one of the most basic and hardest fears and happens to me from time to time.

I'm sorry for not being overly helpful, hope you get well and maybe after some time your experience even might make sense to you in some way.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2006 at 11:24pm

Thanks Spooky!  I'm glad you wrote in, as I'm always very happy to hear your responses. 

I think I will re-read Monroe's first book, and I have his second which I haven't read yet.  I need to do more studying I think.

I do hope I come to a point where I truely understand this experience.  It seems like there is a lot I can learn from it.  That is something I have found from most all of my OBEs, that they seem to be teaching me something specific in each one. 

Love, Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2006 at 1:00am

Hi Vicky, wow, that's quite an obe. its my belief nothing can hurt us out there if we try and remain calm, and visualize protection if you feel that you are threatened, but it's mainly the allusion of threat. (I know, tell that to the heart pounding in your chest!) your son is developing the way you did. he's going to be gifted. it looks to me like poltergeist activity which comes with puberty often. the attraction of young, energetic and immature beings; almost like sprites in a way. they do pranks and such, tip things over, etc. they are attracted to people who can pick them up clairvoyantly, as its fun to them. u notice you were not harmed except for the intense fear. its up to you if it happens again to inquire its purpose and direct it. if you panic, its better to utilize a strong authoritive voice with such, the same as you would a child who was being mischievious.
my daughter created once a little sucking thing on my back...was a little freaked...my own daughter lol! she was draining my energy because she was very frightened of being independent, so she created this thing out there in the astral, I just reached behind me, pulled it off and threw it down and it didn't get back up. I'm pretty sure it belonged to my daughter but sometimes i wonder..I wasn't harmed and I'm sure you won't be harmed. these things happen to us so we can grow into knowledge of how strong we are to be able to handle the situation whatever comes up.

hugs, alysia

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2006 at 7:30pm

Hi Vicky and all,
you know, I use the imagination method for traveling, I hadn't an OBE (except maybe briefly in one dream). This means, I stay mentally close to my body, or in other words, body awareness remains, more or less, but there always is the quick emergency escape, to immediately turn back to C1 awareness. This is different in some OBE states, when one tries to move but cannot. In my imagination trips I developed some tools to react in scary situations. The main point is not the details of my methods, but the training in using it. This training, so I guess, could be very helpful in situations like Vicky had. When you couldn't move, and it's going to get tough and surreal, you can probably briefly think that this isn't the "normal" reality. This would be (hopefully) enough to let you realize that you, when it's already surreal, can use your own active imagination, because in this state imagination becomes outer reality (at least I believe it). Then you can use what you have developed before (or improvise). I do usually this:

--Let light shine through me, the light of a inexhaustible light of love pool
--To become an airy substance which cannot touched by anything
--To simply teleport to another place, for example your "special place" over there
--To imagine your helper is beside you and protecting you. Important: To meet helpers beforehand, get known to them. (Well Vicky I know you have at least one excellent helper!)
--To imagine a bad being is actually only your fears, and in reality it is a good being only looking bad to you cause you are anxious (which is obviously, like I said before, pretty normal in some OBE states), then to morph the bad being into the good being.

Generally, I've the opinion that if one opens more up, gets to a new stage of experience and perception, scary and painful things can, if not must happen. In OBEs, thinking, imaginations, but also in physical life, in relationships, because a new perspective, when it's truely new, it will change you to such degree that every relationship is subject to change also. But this is, I think a relatively short intermittive period of time. The harder, the shorter, I guess.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2006 at 8:42pm

I like your methods. I can see for me that it will take practice in remembering to use them.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - May 25th, 2006 at 3:53pm

Vicky:

Here are three experiences I've had.

1. Meditated one night, saw a really negative looking man's face looking at me, as if we were face to face without our vision being distorted by being up close, was overcome with a really negative vibe as my energy doubled.
2. While laying in bed I saw a small demonic looking thing by my legs making demonic noises, and it tried to take me over.
3. One night a spirit I couldn't see tried to take me over.
And there have been a few other such experiences.

Each time I would mentally communicate to whoever I was in contact with and state that I'm committed to God, love and higher truth, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about this. I'd also tuned into love and my higher self as much as possible.

The end result is that nothing bad ever happened to me and such experiences would end quickly.

Here are two possibilities of what these experiences were about.

1. Negative spirits tried to do harm to me, but couldn't.
2. My guidance created these experiences in order to help me get over my fear. Two happened before the fear period I wrote about a few months ago, and one happened at the very beginning (the little growling demon experience).

I know it might sound like a bit much for one's guidance to provide one with such strong experiences. But sometimes it is hard to get over a fear if you don't face them. Whether something actually came after me or whether my guidance created the experiences it is a no lose situation, because either whatever came after me couldn't harm me, or my guidance was symbolically making the point that nothing can. Regarding this latter point, I've found that my guidance always shares information with me with a definite purpose.

I should point out one more thing. When I've considered the possibility of how my guidance might've created these experiences in order to help me, I have never minded that they have done so and have felt like I would unconsciously give them permission to do so, because such experiences have empowered me by helping me see that there isn't anything out there that can cause me to act against my will.

Another possibility is that my mind created these experiences, but I don't think so, because of the details surrounding them (not worth getting into). The experience where I saw a negative man's face definitely didn't seem like something my mind created.

Regarding the little demonic guy, I doubt it was a so called demon. Either an earthbound spirit playing halloween for effect, or something my guidance created for effect.  Related to this, my guidance has shared with me various ways that there is no such thing as satanic demons, just earth bound spirits.

So perhaps your guidance is trying to help you get over some either conscious or unconscious fears.

Or perhaps an earthbound spirit is trying to give you a hard time, but doesn't actually have the power to do anything.

I doubt the later, because why would a negative spirit warn you to not go out of body? Some might say because you're a light worker, but life isn't a Charm episode.

More likely your guidance was telling you that you need to get over any fear you have before you go out of body, so that if you meet up with an unfriendly spirit, you'll be able to respond to it with courage. Considering how you responded to the experience you had, you might have some fears you haven't taken care of.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #13 - May 25th, 2006 at 5:46pm

Hi Recoverer, your explanantion make a lot of sense to me, and I like the way you reason through them.  I am realizing that whatever this experience was, whatever it was for, that it is an experience which will make me stronger.  It hasn't scared me off, that's for sure.  It just wasn't something I was expecting, nor prepared for.  Now I guess I will be, if it should happen again.  I know I have guidance, always.  I never feel as if I am alone, so whenever something happens that is negative or I wasn't expecting it, or I didn't feel prepared for it, I know in my heart that it happened for a reason but I just may not know the reason at the moment.  I've always felt that all my paranormal experiences were planned and came about as a means to teach me something specific.  In time we all learn what we need to be learning, I guess.  Thanks for offering your explanations and consideration.  All these responses have helped me think through this, and I'm no longer looking at that experience with fear.  I'm actually looking forward to another chance at something strange to happen to see how I respond.  Hopefully I can make better choices to get an outcome that I can learn from. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:01pm

Great Vicky:

The fact of how an image of your son was used might be another clue that guidance was involved, because they used imagery that wasn't overly threatening. For the same reason you weren't enabled to see something as you felt something crawl onto your bed and do the other things it did.

You received the statement "they're coming." Could there be a fear based memory you have that relates to an idea that supposes that something negative is coming?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #15 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:12pm

Vicky:

I was wondering if you would take part in a little experiment. Ask your guidance if they caused the experience to happen, by asking them to send you a word. Don't expect the word guidance or something so obvious, because you're little mind might create it out of expectation.   

I received a word that sort of fits. I'm just curious if you get the same word. If it ends up we get the same word I'll confirm that I'm not just echoing the same word, by PM ing the word to a few other people on this thread.

This might not work, but just for the fun of it, it is worth a shot.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:30pm

Sure I'm up for a little experiment.  I will do it and let you know what I end up with.  Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - May 27th, 2006 at 6:56pm

Recoverer I tried but still have not received anything.  I set intention to receive it either in a dream or at an unexpected moment.   I'll PM you.

PS--I am editing to say the one and only odd, unexpected thing that came up was when I was driving and passing the high school.  I had the window down and on the corner were two cafeteria cooks from the school who came out to take a break and probably smoke a cigarette.  As I passed, one of them said to the other, "I need to listen to my spiritual side". 

Any connection?  Or just an odd occurence?  ???

(I wonder what they were talking about...)
Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2006 at 8:13pm

Vicky,

I just noticed your terrifying dream (OBE?) report.  
I think that many avoid such negative experiences simply because their astral experiences are not genuine.  So on the positive side, I think your experience indicates genuine spirit contact.  Spirit impersonation is a common phenomenon.  

In the NDE report that inspired Raymond Moody to launch modern research in this field, George Ritchie observes that trapped spirits often search for openings in our mental shield to bond with us.   For example, he observed discarnate spirits formerly addicted to alcohol being able to "jump into" the bodies of those who got drunk.  Of course, the question is how the astral explorer might unwittingly leave herself vulnerable to spirit infestation in other ways unknown to her.  

The day I finished reading Robert Monroe's first book, a woman at a night club approached me and regaled me with stories of her regular OBEs.  I had never met anyone like this and cannot dismiss this encounter as mere coincidence.  I gathered that her OBEs spooked her husband and contributed to her divorce.  She had never heard of Monroe.  She was often attacked by lower spirits as she attempted to reenter her body.  For example, she was insulted and "spat upon" with psychic spit.   But these harrassing spirits never did her any lasting harm.  

I think a preliminary prayer for protection should suffice.  But you might want to browse Robert Bruce's  site "astraldynamics" where there is a special section devoted to psychic self-defense.  If you find suggestions there that help you, you might buy his book on this subject.  I doubt that this astral warning is serious enough to suspend astral exploration.  I know of no serious possession cases that happen through a vulnerabiity created by astral exploration per se.  

Good luck,
Don
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2006 at 11:51pm by Berserk »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - May 27th, 2006 at 11:34pm

Hi Don, and thanks for your response.  I agree with your statement about being careful of unwittingly making ourselves vulnerable.  I always say it never hurts to be too careful.  I will check out the site you mentioned about psychic self defense. 

If there is such a thing as harrassing spirits who try to take over the body, I would think any power they have feeds off our fear.  But on the other hand, as scared as I was, there must be something else about me, about my nature, that is strong enough to not be overtaken by such a low-level spirit, even if I am consciously unware of what that something is.  Or perhaps if I had been on drugs, drunk, or not playing with a full deck I might not be so lucky as to dodge a menacing spirit?

Well, I haven't been scared off yet.  I will keep exploring, as I am too curious not to.  However, I will take the advice of using a preliminary prayer for protection.   Smiley

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #20 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:56am

Quote:
Vicky,

I
In the NDE report that inspired Raymond Moody to launch modern research in this field, George Ritchie observes that trapped spirits often search for openings in our mental shield to bond with us.   For example, he observed discarnate spirits formerly addicted to alcohol being able to "jump into" the bodies of those who got drunk.  Of course, the question is how the astral explorer might unwittingly leave herself vulnerable to spirit infestation in other ways unknown to her.  

Don

well..i was gonna say this but i thought perhaps it just wont matter..not only because i dont have the proper explanation.
I woke up a couple nights thinking about vicky's case and my explanation and was somehow reminded about the alcohol...i was waking up thinking " alcohol". meaning, alcohol was making a difference..i was missing that point. Anyways..i dont know how or why but if  alcohol is involved the case changes so my explanation doesnt fit and becomes wrong/inadequate. yet, though, i just cant find a better fitting explanation for an alcohol involved case ...i am not familar with alcohol related situations...but yet again i think i dont have to be an egg to understand what an omlet is.
i maybe back if i get anything further.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:28am

I've read in more than one place that earth bound spirits who used to have addictions, attach themselves energetically to people who have addictions. They can play a role in making it hard for a person to get over an addiction.

The moral of the story, don't get addicted to anything including being angry, hateful, depressed, or negative in any way.

Quote:
well..i was gonna say this but i thought perhaps it just wont matter..not only because i dont have the proper explanation.
I woke up a couple nights thinking about vicky's case and my explanation and was somehow reminded about the alcohol...i was waking up thinking " alcohol". meaning, alcohol was making a difference..i was missing that point. Anyways..i dont know how or why but if  alcohol is involved the case changes so my explanation doesnt fit and becomes wrong/inadequate. yet, though, i just cant find a better fitting explanation for an alcohol involved case ...i am not familar with alcohol related situations...but yet again i think i dont have to be an egg to understand what an omlet is.
i maybe back if i get anything further.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:33am

Vicky:

Please don't make to big of a deal of this. I thought it was worth a shot. It might be hard to receive the same thing in word form. I believe that you've stated in the past that you're shown images. Perhaps you can sit for a moment and ask to be shown an image that relates to what Albert/Recoverer is talking about.  But please don't stress about it. Just a little experiment for fun.

Quote:
Hi Recoverer, your explanantion make a lot of sense to me, and I like the way you reason through them.  I am realizing that whatever this experience was, whatever it was for, that it is an experience which will make me stronger.  It hasn't scared me off, that's for sure.  It just wasn't something I was expecting, nor prepared for.  Now I guess I will be, if it should happen again.  I know I have guidance, always.  I never feel as if I am alone, so whenever something happens that is negative or I wasn't expecting it, or I didn't feel prepared for it, I know in my heart that it happened for a reason but I just may not know the reason at the moment.  I've always felt that all my paranormal experiences were planned and came about as a means to teach me something specific.  In time we all learn what we need to be learning, I guess.  Thanks for offering your explanations and consideration.  All these responses have helped me think through this, and I'm no longer looking at that experience with fear.  I'm actually looking forward to another chance at something strange to happen to see how I respond.  Hopefully I can make better choices to get an outcome that I can learn from.  

Vicky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.