Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Terrifying Experience (Read 11943 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Terrifying Experience
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:12pm

Vicky:

I was wondering if you would take part in a little experiment. Ask your guidance if they caused the experience to happen, by asking them to send you a word. Don't expect the word guidance or something so obvious, because you're little mind might create it out of expectation.   

I received a word that sort of fits. I'm just curious if you get the same word. If it ends up we get the same word I'll confirm that I'm not just echoing the same word, by PM ing the word to a few other people on this thread.

This might not work, but just for the fun of it, it is worth a shot.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2006 at 6:30pm

Sure I'm up for a little experiment.  I will do it and let you know what I end up with.  Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #17 - May 27th, 2006 at 6:56pm

Recoverer I tried but still have not received anything.  I set intention to receive it either in a dream or at an unexpected moment.   I'll PM you.

PS--I am editing to say the one and only odd, unexpected thing that came up was when I was driving and passing the high school.  I had the window down and on the corner were two cafeteria cooks from the school who came out to take a break and probably smoke a cigarette.  As I passed, one of them said to the other, "I need to listen to my spiritual side". 

Any connection?  Or just an odd occurence?  ???

(I wonder what they were talking about...)
Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2006 at 8:13pm

Vicky,

I just noticed your terrifying dream (OBE?) report.  
I think that many avoid such negative experiences simply because their astral experiences are not genuine.  So on the positive side, I think your experience indicates genuine spirit contact.  Spirit impersonation is a common phenomenon.  

In the NDE report that inspired Raymond Moody to launch modern research in this field, George Ritchie observes that trapped spirits often search for openings in our mental shield to bond with us.   For example, he observed discarnate spirits formerly addicted to alcohol being able to "jump into" the bodies of those who got drunk.  Of course, the question is how the astral explorer might unwittingly leave herself vulnerable to spirit infestation in other ways unknown to her.  

The day I finished reading Robert Monroe's first book, a woman at a night club approached me and regaled me with stories of her regular OBEs.  I had never met anyone like this and cannot dismiss this encounter as mere coincidence.  I gathered that her OBEs spooked her husband and contributed to her divorce.  She had never heard of Monroe.  She was often attacked by lower spirits as she attempted to reenter her body.  For example, she was insulted and "spat upon" with psychic spit.   But these harrassing spirits never did her any lasting harm.  

I think a preliminary prayer for protection should suffice.  But you might want to browse Robert Bruce's  site "astraldynamics" where there is a special section devoted to psychic self-defense.  If you find suggestions there that help you, you might buy his book on this subject.  I doubt that this astral warning is serious enough to suspend astral exploration.  I know of no serious possession cases that happen through a vulnerabiity created by astral exploration per se.  

Good luck,
Don
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2006 at 11:51pm by Berserk »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - May 27th, 2006 at 11:34pm

Hi Don, and thanks for your response.  I agree with your statement about being careful of unwittingly making ourselves vulnerable.  I always say it never hurts to be too careful.  I will check out the site you mentioned about psychic self defense. 

If there is such a thing as harrassing spirits who try to take over the body, I would think any power they have feeds off our fear.  But on the other hand, as scared as I was, there must be something else about me, about my nature, that is strong enough to not be overtaken by such a low-level spirit, even if I am consciously unware of what that something is.  Or perhaps if I had been on drugs, drunk, or not playing with a full deck I might not be so lucky as to dodge a menacing spirit?

Well, I haven't been scared off yet.  I will keep exploring, as I am too curious not to.  However, I will take the advice of using a preliminary prayer for protection.   Smiley

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

ParanoidAndroid

Reply #20 - May 30th, 2006 at 8:56am

Quote:
Vicky,

I
In the NDE report that inspired Raymond Moody to launch modern research in this field, George Ritchie observes that trapped spirits often search for openings in our mental shield to bond with us.   For example, he observed discarnate spirits formerly addicted to alcohol being able to "jump into" the bodies of those who got drunk.  Of course, the question is how the astral explorer might unwittingly leave herself vulnerable to spirit infestation in other ways unknown to her.  

Don

well..i was gonna say this but i thought perhaps it just wont matter..not only because i dont have the proper explanation.
I woke up a couple nights thinking about vicky's case and my explanation and was somehow reminded about the alcohol...i was waking up thinking " alcohol". meaning, alcohol was making a difference..i was missing that point. Anyways..i dont know how or why but if  alcohol is involved the case changes so my explanation doesnt fit and becomes wrong/inadequate. yet, though, i just cant find a better fitting explanation for an alcohol involved case ...i am not familar with alcohol related situations...but yet again i think i dont have to be an egg to understand what an omlet is.
i maybe back if i get anything further.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:28am

I've read in more than one place that earth bound spirits who used to have addictions, attach themselves energetically to people who have addictions. They can play a role in making it hard for a person to get over an addiction.

The moral of the story, don't get addicted to anything including being angry, hateful, depressed, or negative in any way.

Quote:
well..i was gonna say this but i thought perhaps it just wont matter..not only because i dont have the proper explanation.
I woke up a couple nights thinking about vicky's case and my explanation and was somehow reminded about the alcohol...i was waking up thinking " alcohol". meaning, alcohol was making a difference..i was missing that point. Anyways..i dont know how or why but if  alcohol is involved the case changes so my explanation doesnt fit and becomes wrong/inadequate. yet, though, i just cant find a better fitting explanation for an alcohol involved case ...i am not familar with alcohol related situations...but yet again i think i dont have to be an egg to understand what an omlet is.
i maybe back if i get anything further.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - May 30th, 2006 at 11:33am

Vicky:

Please don't make to big of a deal of this. I thought it was worth a shot. It might be hard to receive the same thing in word form. I believe that you've stated in the past that you're shown images. Perhaps you can sit for a moment and ask to be shown an image that relates to what Albert/Recoverer is talking about.  But please don't stress about it. Just a little experiment for fun.

Quote:
Hi Recoverer, your explanantion make a lot of sense to me, and I like the way you reason through them.  I am realizing that whatever this experience was, whatever it was for, that it is an experience which will make me stronger.  It hasn't scared me off, that's for sure.  It just wasn't something I was expecting, nor prepared for.  Now I guess I will be, if it should happen again.  I know I have guidance, always.  I never feel as if I am alone, so whenever something happens that is negative or I wasn't expecting it, or I didn't feel prepared for it, I know in my heart that it happened for a reason but I just may not know the reason at the moment.  I've always felt that all my paranormal experiences were planned and came about as a means to teach me something specific.  In time we all learn what we need to be learning, I guess.  Thanks for offering your explanations and consideration.  All these responses have helped me think through this, and I'm no longer looking at that experience with fear.  I'm actually looking forward to another chance at something strange to happen to see how I respond.  Hopefully I can make better choices to get an outcome that I can learn from.  

Vicky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.