Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
then or now diorama-dream (Read 1777 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
then or now diorama-dream
May 25th, 2006 at 3:17pm

On another thread there's been discussion about what levels fiction writers might pick up their stories.  So the other night I went to bed sort of grumbling to myself that I'd never had any dreams that would suitable for the basis of writing a story.
    That night I had a vivid dream that was so actionless that it was almost like a diorama. I remember  the 6--8 characters as being in Edwardian clothes, altho my guidance kept telling me later that it was contemporary.
A woman was lying on a fainting couch and looked distressed. Looking more closely I could see she had alot of blood on her. One man and a woman looked concerned and paced around, seeming to wait for someone, like the doctor had been called. Others were standing about, wondering when this would all be over.  Tongue
I entered from front (and above?!) and asked why no one was helping her. I had a rubber strap that recently came off my vacuum cleaner in C1, and I tried to use that as a tournequit (sp?) but it kept sliding thru her as though she wasn't real.
When I woke up I thought I'd failed at a retrieval, that she had already died and was just propped up there.  I was really aggravated at myself because I haven't done a retrieval for awhile. And when I'd think about the dream I'd get aggravated at the Guidance that insisted it was contemporary times when anyone could see by the costumes it was passed times.   
But now I believe I know what it was---
The scene was a set-up provided for me to write my story. The wounds of the woman represented my own wounds, and I was to work thru those by writing out the plot and how it was all resolved.
So now I apologize to my Higher Self for not thanking it for providing such a nice gift. I haven't started writing yet but can't wait to find out who those other people who weren't helping turn out to be!
bets  Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Re: then or now diorama-dream
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2006 at 2:30pm

Hi Bets,
I'm not sure if you have this idea about the old styled cloths and your guidance insisting on the contemporarity of the scene: The old cloths say it was in the past, and guidance says: "Yes yes, but it's still present in your mind and influencing you right now".

I was remembered of a painting from a famous surrealist, where a woman lies on a canapee, there is a blanket on her neck and blood to be seen beneath it, there are persons there, I think looking into the room through a window, and it looks like a riddle, static.
Found it: Rene Magritte, "The Menaced Assassin" (try google's picture search)

You wrote:
>>>That night I had a vivid dream that was so actionless that it was almost like a diorama.<<< LOL!

Spooky

P.S.
>>>Well, well..." Ha ha, you really did it.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: then or now diorama-dream
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2006 at 3:26pm

Thank you, spooky,
for the clarification on the past and present aspect. I knew when I reread the spelling of 'passed' that something did not quite fit, and you've fixed that.
  Shocked  Yes! Magritte's scene is eerily like a diorama and quite similiar, but my 'cast' wore costumes more like a similar grouping by Edvard Munch. I didn't realize this theme was so widespread.
bets
Ha Ha--Yep!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.