Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What brought you to this site? (Read 11998 times)
LaughingRain
Ex Member

Re: What brought you to this site?
Reply #15 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:30pm

I think what u said is beautiful Tim. I can relate. this spiritual stuff can be so serious, then life works you over. reminds me of Gibran where he speaks of love, you need not find love, if love finds you worthy, it finds you. something like that. looks like to me, love has found you worthy. and the things u talk of, I hunger to hear..the eastern philosophies..that are not mentioned here, I like to take two thought systems and put them together. vayaConDiosAmigo

IP Logged

Cricket

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - May 16th, 2006 at 6:58pm

My husband died last September 9th, and I was looking for sites about ADCs, in the classic "Am I just a crazy widow or is this really happening?" vein. (Kind of funny, since I've been aware of spirits etc. about forever, but when it's one of your own...)
This site popped up in some other site's links.

I hung around mostly to see what would happen next...story of my life... Grin

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #17 - May 16th, 2006 at 9:10pm

Thanks for sharing your stories Tim & Cricket!

Chuckles wrote:

"reminds me of Gibran where he speaks of love, you need not find love, if love finds you worthy, it finds you."

Hey Chuckles, is that Kahlil Gibran that you're referring to? I have his book and I think it's great! A lot of good writings/ideas in there...

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #18 - May 16th, 2006 at 10:06pm

yup yup! tis he.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #19 - May 16th, 2006 at 11:13pm

I like this topic and like reading what everyone has written.

What brought me here is pretty simple but I'm almost embarrassed to admit to it!!

When I was still reading Bruce's 1st book, I wanted desperately to contact him.  I felt so close to him and connected to him through his book.  I could even say I felt he wrote it for me--that is how much it meant to me. 

So I got on the Internet to find his website and to hopefully find a way to contact him.  I saw the Conversation Board and thought I better just join and then I could just ask someone how to find Bruce.  I didn't want to get involved with everyone here because I already spend way too much time on a few other message boards on the internet--so I thought I didn't have time to get involved with and care about another message board. 

As it turned out, I had trouble creating a membership on this site.  For some reason it gave me error messages and I wasn't able to log on.  I don't remember where I clicked, but I clicked on getting help from "the administrators" of this board asking for help to log on.  I got an email back giving me directions and it was from Bruce!  I was so happy I finally found him and with that satisfaction being met, I decided I would very much like to get to know the other people who decided to come to his site as well.  So I did start reading the Conversation Board and got hooked to all you people here!  A lot of folks have come and gone but there is a good base of folks here.  I wholeheartedly admit that I would not be where I am today if it weren't for the people I have come to know and care so much about through this site.  I have learned so much from so many of you.  Most of all, I have been accepted here and that is a great feeling.  No one called me crazy, no one laughed at me. 

Love, Vicky  Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 17th, 2006 at 2:57am

thats a cool story Vicky. you know, I just like to laff with you, not at ya! basically, I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from goin insane (country/western tune)  thanks Vicky, always enjoyed you since the first day you shared yourself here. love, alysia

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #21 - May 17th, 2006 at 11:29am

Quote:
When I was still reading Bruce's 1st book, I wanted desperately to contact him.  I felt so close to him and connected to him through his book.  I could even say I felt he wrote it for me--that is how much it meant to me. 
Love, Vicky  Smiley

Vicky, don't worry i felt the same way also..so when i hear that he was coming to Seattle for a weekend seminar on the Afterlife, i just right into it..even if it cost me quite a bit them with the conversion from Can to US $...but Vicky all i can say it was worth it, just being there with him and feeling his energy and learning from the horse mouth so to speak..lol

With love, romain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.