Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question (Read 6112 times)
Sam
Ex Member

Question
Dec 17th, 2004 at 11:51pm

Hey guys, I've been exploring the world of lucid dreaming for a little while now - in lucid dreams I am able to feel the enviorment physically. I'm very skeptical of this afterlife exploration due to the complexity of the human brain, and I'm curious if its actually possible to be lucid dreaming instead of actually crossing over to the other side.

Just wanna make clear I'm not shoving anything down your throats, just curious - very openminded but skeptical.

Also, to those who explore the afterlife - do you have controll over certain things such as physical appearance and so forth?

I'm so interested in learning more and how to explore, but I am not able to attend any workshops - Bruces book seems to explain his experiences (haven't read it but I think thats how it seems), so are there any that get into detail on how you yourself can with a partner explore?

Thanks,
Sam

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
Ex Member

Re: Question
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 6:12am

Sam,

>> and I'm curious if its actually possible to be lucid dreaming instead of actually crossing over to the other side. <<

If I understand your question I'd respond by saying that the Afterlife is in the same neighborhood that we go to when we dream, lucid or otherwise.  For me the key to getting past skepticism is proving to yourself the Afterlife is real.  This can be done thru during lucid dreaming by visiting with someone known to be deceased and gathering information from that person you have no other way of knowing except via that contact.  Then find a way to test the information for authenticity.

>> Just wanna make clear I'm not shoving anything down your throats, just curious - very openminded but skeptical. <<

Personally, I think that's a healthy place to be.

>> Also, to those who explore the afterlife - do you have control over certain things such as physical appearance and so forth?  <<

In a word, yes.  In more words, we are free to make any choice that we know is available, and there are many, many more choices available then most of us know about.

>> I'm so interested in learning more and how to explore, but I am not able to attend any workshops - Bruces book seems to explain his experiences <<

The newest book, The Afterlife Knowlege Guidebook, is the workshop in a book form.  It's the next best thing to attending a live workshop.

>> so are there any that get into detail on how you yourself can with a partner explore? <<

Basically, explore together and compare notes.  Look for your experience described in your partner's notes.  This technique is taught in the 5-day workshop and will be the subject of my sixth book.

Bruce

IP Logged

Sam
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 3:38pm

ah k, so when you explore with the partner - do you actually meet with eachother out there and compare notes with what you did and saw with eachother? or are you both seperate and compare notes of your seperate experiences?

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 6:51pm

Sam,

Nonphysical partnered exloring (PE) is done together with at least one partner.  In the recent Poland workshops some groups had as many as twelve people exploring nonphysically together.

The object of PE is to first participate in, and observe, the same nonphysical experience as all of your partners.  Then to compare notes looking for your experience described in your partner's notes as verification of the experience as real.   

Maybe it's easier to understand the technique if I use a physical world example to illustrate. 

Suppose you and three friends decided to try to find out if the monkeys at the zoo play during the night.  You could all agree on a day and time you will meet at the monkeyhouse at the zoo.  You could agree on how you'll observe the monkeys, and so on.  After your meeting at the zoo each of you could go home and separately make detailed notes of everything that happened that night.  Things like who arrived first, what everyone was wearing, what each of you said and did while you were together, and what you observed each of the monkeys to be doing, what each monkey looked like, etc.

After all partners finish writing up their notes they then give copies to each other.

Now, if you wanted to prove to yourself that you and your partners actually went to the zoo, your notes might prove it to you.  To extent that you see your own experience described in your partner's notes you have some level of proof that you were actually there, and some proof about what the monkeys were doing.

Nonphysical partnered exploration is done the very same way.  Suppose you and your partners wanted to know if Heaven exists and what people who live there do?

The trip to the zoo is a model of how to explore Heaven.  And to the extent you see your experience of exploring that Heaven in your partner's notes you get some level of verification that your experience was real, and that that Heaven exists.

Bruce 

: ah k, so when you explore with the partner - do you actually meet with eachother out there and compare notes with what you did and saw with eachother? or are you both seperate and compare notes of your seperate experiences?

IP Logged

John (in Austin)
Ex Member

Re: Question - web page?
Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 1:26am

Bruce,
Hey, good to see you on the board.
I have considered this exploration and wondered if we could talk about making it more effective as evidence?  Personally, I look for hard evidence that does NOT come through me. IMHO, I'm not any better than anyone else as a data point.

You suggest that the people discuss what they are going to do together before the attempt. I don't see the value of this. It seems like a way to generate common data that hides the real data. I'm rather see it limited to time and date and maybe a topic.

It seems like a good thing to add to this board if you can implement a web page that lets two people make appointments, define their goals and then after the event, they each write results, and only after both are entered, does anyone see the results. And the results are then available to anyone for comparison. The people could be anonymous.

John

>You could all agree on a day and time you will meet at the monkeyhouse at the zoo.  You could agree on how you'll observe the monkeys, and so on.  After your meeting at the zoo each of you could go home and separately make detailed notes of everything that happened that night.  Things like who arrived first, what everyone was wearing, what each of you said and did while you were together, and what you observed each of the monkeys to be doing, what each monkey looked like, etc.

IP Logged

Sam
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2004 at 11:43pm

Very very cool. Will be definetly buying your book, as for attending your workshops, id love to but my scheduel is so busy due to the business I'm  running.

: Sam,

:   Nonphysical partnered exloring (PE) is done together with at least one partner.  In the recent Poland workshops some groups had as many as twelve people exploring nonphysically together.

:   The object of PE is to first participate in, and observe, the same nonphysical experience as all of your partners.  Then to compare notes looking for your experience described in your partner's notes as verification of the experience as real.   

: Maybe it's easier to understand the technique if I use a physical world example to illustrate. 

: Suppose you and three friends decided to try to find out if the monkeys at the zoo play during the night.  You could all agree on a day and time you will meet at the monkeyhouse at the zoo.  You could agree on how you'll observe the monkeys, and so on.  After your meeting at the zoo each of you could go home and separately make detailed notes of everything that happened that night.  Things like who arrived first, what everyone was wearing, what each of you said and did while you were together, and what you observed each of the monkeys to be doing, what each monkey looked like, etc.

: After all partners finish writing up their notes they then give copies to each other.

: Now, if you wanted to prove to yourself that you and your partners actually went to the zoo, your notes might prove it to you.  To extent that you see your own experience described in your partner's notes you have some level of proof that you were actually there, and some proof about what the monkeys were doing.

: Nonphysical partnered exploration is done the very same way.  Suppose you and your partners wanted to know if Heaven exists and what people who live there do?

: The trip to the zoo is a model of how to explore Heaven.  And to the extent you see your experience of exploring that Heaven in your partner's notes you get some level of verification that your experience was real, and that that Heaven exists.

: Bruce 

: : ah k, so when you explore with the partner - do you actually meet with eachother out there and compare notes with what you did and saw with eachother? or are you both seperate and compare notes of your seperate experiences?

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: Question  - web page?
Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 11:47am

John,

>> Personally, I look for hard evidence that does NOT come through me. IMHO, I'm not any better than anyone else as a data point.  <<

From my experience I'd disagree.  In my opinion the only evidence that will ever be useful to you in proving to you that our afterlife exists is evidence that comes through your own direct experience.

It is just too easy to find reasons to dispute evidence gathered by someone else.  We can easily believe they are:  biased, deluded, fraudulant, misinterpreting their experience, swayed by their beliefs, etc.

As someone from a workshop once said, I could always believe that the supposed evidence gathered didn't prove our afterlife exists, until it happened to me.  When I had evidence I'd gathered verified as real, that there was no other way for me to know except by communicating with a dead person, I couldn't explain it away like I could other people's evidence without lying to myself.

>> You suggest that the people discuss what they are going to do together before the attempt. I don't see the value of this. It seems like a way to generate common data that hides the real data. <<

Using my example of visiting the zoo to observe the monkeys, there are lots of things that can potentially happen to verify the reality of the shared experince.  Who arrived first, second, etc.  What each person was wearing,  What each monkey looked like and what each one was doing, etc, etc.

Talking ahead of time provides a framework, a location and time as well as defining the kind of information to be targeted.

For example, targeting only the zoo could mean each member went to a different area of the zoo, reducing the potential for shared experience.  One partner descibes watching the monkeys, another the lions, another the hyenas, someone else the popcorn stand.  It's better, in my opinion if they at least start out in the same, previously discussed and agreed upon place at the zoo.

>> It seems like a good thing to add to this board if you can implement a web page that lets two people make appointments, define their goals and then after the event, they each write results, and only after both are entered, does anyone see the results. And the results are then available to anyone for comparison. The people could be anonymous. <<

I'll think about that one, the new Board software would make that easier to do.  But in the beginning of learning the technique it is more important to see similarities in experience than it is to be precisely accurate.  Even at the expense of credability, at least early in learning the technnnique.  There are lots of conflicting beliefs to be overcome and Interpreter overlay to learn about.

Bruce

IP Logged

John17
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 11:56pm

Bruce,
Thank you for the time you take to work with us less open minded types Smiley
Communication is such an important thing to me that I'd like to try one more shot at the validity issue.  I don't want to beat it to death.

I think I agree with you that my own personal experience is a unique and precious part of myself.  However, I seem to remember that an important aspect of this board is the rescue of people who have forgotten, become confused, or generally fallen into some sort of experience trap after they die.  I don't want to argue semantics, but, simply said, they are mistaken about the nature of the universe.  All i'm saying is that I am just as subject to oversight, mistaken perception, or confusion as any of those people. I figure we are all in that same boat.   Now when I attempt to know the true nature of the universe, I'd like to believe that I'm not alone in here.  I'd like to believe that all these other people are just as real and part of the universe as I am.  Therefore, their experiences are just as real as the one I have had.  Now, I only get reports of their experience, not the real thing.  So, I've got this unique personal experience and reports of hundreds of others.  And they are all subject to confusion and illusion.   To ascertain the "best" picture I can of this place we all inhabit, I need to carefully consider those reports and decide if they tell me anything important about my own  experience.   Sometimes it will, sometimes it will not.  But to evaluate the universe from this unique personal experience and then disreguard those other reports really bothers me.  Now if I only want the trueth of my own experience, then my experience is the bible.  But if the Universe is more than my little experience, then I need to look at all the information I can obtain and make decisions on the validity of all those reports.  That means, to me, that a true vision of the Universe requires me to consider the experiences of other folk as well as my own uinque experience.  This making any sense?  John

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2004 at 3:15am

John,

Yes, what you're saying makes sense to me.  If I only look at the Universe from my single, individual perspective it's easy for me to have a pretty warpped understanding of it. 

If I look for and find my experience described in the words of someone else who is describing their own experience, in a sense I am seeing my experience from a different perspective.  In doing that I may get some insight into whatever the Truth about the Universe really is that I would not get without the experience of others.

Early in my search for the Truth, before I had much experience of my own, my approach was to read as many descriptions of it, by as many authors as I could find.  My feeling was that the common threads running all the author's descriptions was closer to whatever the Truth is than any one of the authors could be.

As I gathered my own experience I began to get a little cocky, thinking I had it right and everyone else had it wrong.

Where I am now is that I'm kind of always on the lookout for the anomolies.  I'm more sensitive to the bits that "obviously" don't fit my image of the Truth.  Exploring these bits, usually delivered up by "crackpots," often leads to insights and understanding only the "lunatic fringe perspective" could point to.

In the end if I can integrate the understanding from other perspectives into a fit with my own experience I can accept it.  If I can't it either goes in the undecided column or I reject it.

Bruce

IP Logged

Windameir/Dave

Afterlife Knowledge Member

RE: John
Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2004 at 9:20pm

Hi John
We all see Reality from our own Point of View. Lets say it is like looking through our own special filter, This filter is made up of all of the experiences and  beliefs we create by living our own special lives.

Without a common begining point how could you find anything to compare? All you would be doing would be reading a story of someones experience.

So in finding validation a good way to do this in afterlife exploration because of the immense varity of possible experiences available the best way to begin might be to find some common ground to begin our partnered exploring from by agreeing on some simple ground rules like what day, time, and place we want to meet nonphisically at.

Having done that we each individually start our experience and attempt to meet up at the appointed time and place, when we are done we write notes on our experiences seperately, only when everyones notes are finished do we then exchange our notes.
If we find that the experiences we had have things that are alike even tho say we live hundreds or even thousands of miles apart this can provide the begining of the validation we are looking for.
"Note that not all of the experience has to match exactly just finding that small parts of the experience reflect your experience is enough everyone sees things in their own way"

Bruce tells us that validation begins to strip away the layers of filters we have built up durring our lives and our perception of the nonphysical becomes clearer.

I believe that Bruce is absolutely correct when he says that the only way to prove that something exists is to experience it for yourself.

Once you have experienced it for yourself and are still not convinced as Bruce was in the begining, finding ways to validate your experiences is the road to believing in them, Partnered exploration is only one way of doing that.
Doing retrievals, gathering information about the people you retreive and then checking to see if  that information you didn't know of can be validated in Physical reality is another.

Much Love
Windameir/Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.