Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Started Good, but ended bad (Read 3850 times)
Jambo

1987, a great year for
the human race.

UK
Started Good, but ended bad
Jan 28th, 2006 at 8:30pm

Last night I had a captivating dream.

I dreamt that I was in the company of a very, very beautiful girl, the feelings that I had for this girl were that of a close, close friend possibly a wife.   Btw there was nothing sexual going on in this dream.

I fealt so alive if you know what I mean, I fealt captivated, as if I knew this person from somewhere before and really enjoyed "her" presence in a close, intimate way.

Anyhow the dream seemed to last an eternity in comparison to my other dreams that I have remembered.  And I physically fealt like crying when this dream was over as it was incredible

any ideas what this means?

IP Logged

Berserk

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Started Good, but ended bad
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 9:18pm

Jambo,

In Jungian dream interpretation, the Anima or Inner Feminine can serve as the guide to spiritual experience and the unconscious for the male.   For women, the Animus or Inner Masculine serves this purpose.   The male's Animus is initially shaped by his mother.  This accounts for the feeling of familiarity with her manifestation in dreams, but also for the nonsexual nature of the encounter.  Your dream sounds like a deepening acquaintance with your Anima and may well be followed by some particularly vivid symbolic dreams or spiritual experiences.   If this happens, I would take this as confirmation of your dream visit from your Anima.

Here's an example of someone's actual Anima dream.   A man feels guilty for neglecting church attendance.   He dreams he is put in charge of a Cathollic Mass.   He is not a priest and the thought of assuming a priestly role horrifies him.   But he has no choice.   He stands at the podium and his vision goes blurry.   A nun sitting on the platform behind him senses his anxiety and steps forward.  She turns his liturgical book to the right page and he manages to lead the service.   

After lengthy analysis, our dreamer discovers the symbolic meaning of this dream.   There is a higher priority than going back to church.   He must first discover the sacredness and subtlety of his own inner journey.  He must view himself as the priest of his own inner temple and enrich his intuition for this purpose.  Once he makes progress in this area, he may or may not follow this up by returning to church.   Right now he is too focused on outward spiritual acts at the expense of the need to upgrade his inner spiritual life. 

As a boy matures, the Anima is shaped by many female images.  When a man falls in love with a woman, he projects his Anima onto the woman in question.  She is exciting because she is still relatively unknown and this projection fills in the gaps with the Inner Feminine.   Once the woman is better known, the Anima projection is withdrawn and the man no longer feels passionately "in love."    His love must now develop the elements of deep friendship that characterize  ithe less passionate love of a mature relationship.   

Herein lies the danger.   The man may encounter another attractive woman he does not yet know and unconsciously project his Anima on to her.   He might imagine that he has made a mistake in his prior commitment and pursue this new woman with a passion.   But he will eventually learn to know her better and this emotional roller coaster might continue indefinitely.  The mature male may not grasp Jungian psychology.  But he intuitively senses this sort of process and so is not enslaved by it.  Instead, he becomes capable of a lasting mature relationship with a woman. 

Don

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 5:26pm

Jambo,

Defiantly an interesting dream experience and although Don is probably right about it representing the female aspect of who you need/are to round yourself out, it also could represent an actual meeting of another individual on the astral plane.  Whether that individual is from your past, part of your soul group, or someone in your future, only you can decide as you continue to use you imagination to explore the possibilities. 

Good luck on your voyage of discovery but don’t limit or discount it as merely being a symbolic representation of dream to decipher. Remember the possibility that we’ve all had many loves and lovers and each helps us on our journey towards wholeness.  But those we deal with on a daily basis IMO hold the greatest challenges and rewards, not that the other meetings aren’t valuable too.  But our current relationships hold the key to where we are at in the hear and now.  While the other relationships tend to aid us in understanding that.   

Passion, now that’s something that I doubt we ever outgrow although, as Don says, it may change form or ebb and flow throughout a relationship to once again be renewed.  But then I define passion very broadly and maybe all encompassing, ie. sexual passion plus the communion of emotions, the art of cooperation, and the meaning of PUL.

Jean  Kiss

p.s. my guess is that you will meet her again, I just venture to guess where or when. Love, J Kiss      

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 9:44pm

I had similar experiences, not in a dream, but in my mind-journeys (sorry, I'm in need for a better word); I, a man, met a woman "out there" very early when I started this TMI-type journeys. Since this 1 1/2 years an incredible relationship has developed. So I would say try to meet her again.
Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 10:39am

Dear Jambo,

I experienced something similar, probably 20 years ago, but made such an impression I can still feel the feeling when I think about the experience. It was before I had ever heard about astral travel, or exploring consciousness.

My "dream" was short but very very real, realer than real in fact. In it I met "Mike", who gave me a big bear hug. We held each other and it felt familiar, like a re-union and I felt very close, like I knew him better than anyone else, although in waking life I do not recognize him. Like yours it was not necessarily sexual, but very loving and understanding. Upon waking the feeling remained of having really met Mike and I missed him for weeks! So I understand your sad feeling.

I have come the accept the possibility that Mike IS real, and we met astrally, and that at some point we will meet again. I sense your dream is this type of  experience also.

Love, Carolyn

IP Logged

PhoenixRa
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 2:12pm

Hi there Jambo....  Dreams are so personal and tailored made so specifically, individually, and personally...

Really should try to get a feeling for it yourself...  Its easy, just get in a relaxed or meditative frame of mind, with little outer distractions...  and ask for an answer...

Or before you go to sleep, say thanks to your Total self for giving you this dream, and ask to have some more and very clear dream guidance on this...

Heck, try both methods Wink

The thing is, all of the responses here sort of make sense (meaning the dreams meaning could be a mix of many of these)...  but its you and your Total Self which knows beyond a doubt, just a matter of a little 'phasing' and practice.

On a personal level, i often feel very hesitant to try to interpret someone else's dreams for the above reasons...unless i'm really prompted too, and even then i just try to put out another general perspective, and don't say "this is what it (conclusively) means..."

It can be a subtle form of ego tripping in the guise of 'service' to always want or try to interpret anothers dreams for them...   Fact is, you need to be very, very, very intune to really get into another person's consciousness enough to really help with a dream, cause they are sooo symbolic, relative, and personal to the dreamer and his/her specific Total Self awarenesses, lives, and memories...  There is a responsibility involved...

And in my own experiences, i have found that dreams are often very, very multi-layered...meaning not only often very symbolic, but with meanings and different perspectives, sometimes interweaving the past or future to the present, or interweaving literal elements both with symbolic, etc. etc.

In short, you are your own best interpreter...and you don't need a dream guide book or anything like that...  Just ponder on what each symbol, theme, etc. means to you...   And especially try to recapture the overall holistic feeling to the dream...  thats often a big clue to you right there.

Peace,
Justin

IP Logged

Jambo

1987, a great year for
the human race.

UK
Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 12:09am

Thank you very much for your nice replies.  I honestly think that if Para was hitler then he would not be wasting his time on these boards, he would be trying to take de farterland back to its glory  Cheesy

Thanks also to Phoenix who has suggested the most obvious point that I have not tried properley.

What does not make any sense to me at all is that how come some nights we remember these dreams just like waking reality and some nights its just blackness then morning again?

I doubt anybody know why this is the case? But if anybody does, I'm all ears.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.