Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I met a guy (from Texas) who talks to Jesus... (Read 6656 times)
B-dawg

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Missoula, Montana
I met a guy (from Texas) who talks to Jesus...
Dec 22nd, 2005 at 5:07am

And I'm NOT making this up.
I actually met him...
He's a parole officer.

B-man

IP Logged

Kyo_Kusanagi

Re: I met a guy (from Texas) who talks to Jesus...
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 5:36am

For those interested in the topic of Jesus Christ, here is the updated link to "Hilarion on Jesus Christ".

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 6:52am

LOL

I thought you were going to talk about George Bush since he said he talks to God each day.

Oh well...

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 8:35am

I see people who claim to speak to jesus all the time......bloody drunks.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 12:29pm

I talk to Yeshua too and I'm not a drinker nor a drug user. Try it Spitfire, you just might like it.  Shocked

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 1:14pm

Quote:
I talk to Yeshua too and I'm not a drinker nor a drug user. Try it Spitfire, you just might like it.  Shocked

Namaste,
Mairlyn  Grin

Wish i could, but i prefer fact to fantasy.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 2:39pm

Spitfire:

What happened to the little dancing man? I'm really dissapointed?

Quote:

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 2:43pm

Quote:

That's your perception, not mine.

And if you prefer fact to fantasy, why have pictures representing you that are fantasy ???

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 2:51pm

Quote:
Spitfire:

What happened to the little dancing man? I'm really dissapointed?

New image for xmas ^+. i'll bring him back for new year for ya.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 2:59pm

Quote:
That's your perception, not mine.

And if you prefer fact to fantasy, why have pictures representing you that are fantasy ???

Lack of Choice?. 

So you talk with jebus huh?,....and heres me thinking the romans took a regular man and used him as a properganda tool.

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 4:12pm

Well, I had a talk with the Virgin Mary myself, although I have to say I've only seen her once that I can remember, oh well.

If that puts me way off the bell curve of normality that's fine with me.

Rob

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 10:36pm

B-man,

So....

You met a man who talks to Jesus....?

What does "Jesus" have to say to him? As Bruce would say, pretending is okay. So, if this post is in jest...

perhaps we could use our imaginations.

Parole officer: "Be back here to meet with me at the appointed time."

Jesus: "Don't even worry, I'll be here whenever you want me."

blink

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 1:01am

Most Christians talk to Jesus.   It is more interesting when people claim that Jesus talks back to them.   Often this claim amounts to a pious identification of Jesus with the voice in the back of the head.  But other times it is much more.   The best recent case is atheist Howard Storm's NDE.  Jesus uses Aramaic idioms that were beyond Storm's knowledge.   Some of His teachings to Storm (e.g. the need for self-love as a prerequisite for loving others) are not recorded in the Bible, but can be indirectly discerned from the teachings of a non-Christian Jewish work (Ecclesiasticus) that scholars know Jesus respected. 

But there is another means of assessing the difference between genuine and spurious communications from Jesus.  For my first 21 years I attended a Pentecostal church where the services sometimes climaxed in a  message in tongues coupled by an interpretion allegedly given directly by Jesus.   Everyone seemed deeply moved by some of these "messages", but no one bothered to assess the merits of what "Jesus" had actually revealed.  These "messages" were generally treated like exciting window dressing on the service and were quickly forgotten--but not by a young skeptic named Don. 

My reaction to these messages generally took one of two extremes.  Either I froze as if confronted by a cobra or I was deeply moved by a gradually intensifying ecstasy.   It seemed that I immediately knew if Jesus' message was genuine before I even had time to reflect on its merits.   To this day, I'm convinced that my immediate and involuntary reaction was so powerful because I was being graced by the gift of discernment.   

If there was a pattern to this discernment, I can say this in retrospect.   The messages that caused me to freeze as if confronted by a cobra were usually uttered by a minister or the church superintendent; i. e. by an authority figure whom no one dared challenge.   These messages were often "safe" and conventional--a pastiche of Gospel phrases used to frame an exhortation.   The messages that sent my spirit soaring were usually uttered by a nobody (e.g. a cleaning lady).  Uneducated people often channeled messages as eloquent as the best of Shakespeare.  These messages were not "safe."  They often exposed the hidden hypocrisy of the congregation and pointed to neglected ways of making spiritual progress.  Sometimes in a church of 1,500, "Jesus" would address my life situation in detail, even though the Christian channeling Him knew nothing about me.  I'm convinced that if posters from this site had heard the genuine messages, they'd have been deeply moved by them, despite the fact that they'd never been exposed to this sort of thing.   

So I am not as judgmental about your reported spiritual experiences as a few of you might suppose.  I may analyze them as best I can, probing for strengths and weaknesses.   But I know from direct experience that many mystical encounters with the divine can be self-authenticating in ways that are hard to put in words and can't be verified.

Don

IP Logged

B-dawg

Missoula, Montana
Raphael gets an "A"...
Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 1:26am

And the rest of you flunk (except Recoverer, who wasn't directly responding to
my post anyway...)
The "divine personage" of whom I speak hails from El Paso, and his family comes from Ciudad de Juarez.
The guy I chatted with is his parole officer... so as you might guess, the parole officer gets to speak with Jesus on a regular basis.
(As I understand it, joining the Border Patrol is a good way to meet Jesus as well... AND after you meet him, you can be sure he'll be returning soon, just like the Bible says...)
Just goes to show you, a LOT of people have actually met, spoken to, and even "broken bread" (dined) with Jesus, especially south of the Rio Grande. And lots of people have surely met, and even have relationships with, his mother - sometimes named Mary (or more likely Maria?) And some Marys are even virgins...
So... as you can plainly see, EVERYTHING is possible (if you word it *correctly*!)
Sometimes I wonder if you folks aren't all just a
BIT too serious about this metaphysical stuff. Perhaps it shouldn't be taken seriously at all, but with a grain of salt or two (in my case, I'll take the whole shaker.)

B-man

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2005 at 11:08am

I suppose if Jesus wanted to talk to somebody he could. So don't be surprised if you meet somebody who does.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.