Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Buddism dream (Read 8808 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Zen Buddism dream
Nov 12th, 2005 at 2:37pm

last night dreamed I was being driven around by a guide in a new town. (I'm moving soon) there was only one building familiar to me. from the outside it just looked like a church with a steeple high up. but once you got inside u soon realized this was somebody's ordinary house with a few chairs set up and a few seekers coming in once a week.
I told the guide I had been to this house before. it was a Zen Buddism structure in reality.

I kept comparing the outside to the inside as they were so different. (could be to denote public image versus self inner image is up for examination.)
self interpreting...I have always gravitated to eastern religions more than western, but I'm here now and living mostly with western religious thought. so I think about my book, which is me.
in the book I try to marry western thought with eastern. I've always thought this is gonna be impossible! in the book I bring up reincarnation which is eastern. I also talk about loving each other, do unto others as u would have done to yourself, and this is western.
in the dream I would have to build the church and revitalize it as attendance was poor. however, there was somebody in the kitchen! kitchen equals preparation. service will begin soon!! ha ha!

the shift is here...can't u feel it? Cheesy

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Re: Zen Buddism dream
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:00am

Kool dream Alysia  Smiley

Quote:
the shift is here...can't u feel it?

Definitely, and its ever getting stronger...  Can't wait till peak momentum/climax.

Much Love

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:06am

In some ways Eastern and Western thought in general (though not always specifically) seem to represent Right and Left brain, Feminine and Masculine balances somewhat.  For example, its not that certain sects of Buddhism or Christianity lacked either originally, but that certain cultures stressed a certain balance more so than the other...  Any great Teacher has both of these balanced within self, but they can't control how people will eventually use their info and example.

Always been attracted to both--though at first more so Eastern thought.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 2:22am

Right Justin...hope u are well these days...a great teacher...trying to think of what Ernest Holmes, founder of Religious Science said about a teacher releasing a student, making the student realize his teacherhood (is that a word? lol)

I have it here somewhere on desktop along with the rest of my life..lol....
u will probably grasp this principle quickly before I find the quote.

take care and enjoy, alysia

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 7:03am

Dear Alysia,

I know I already mentioned a masculine/feminine connection  to you, but also, I've read your dream several times, and each time the temple/ordinary home image makes me think of the physical body. You know, the idea that the body is the temple, plus it is also your home here on the physical. You perhaps are veiwing from your higher self?

Love, Carolyn

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:28pm

yes perhaps from my higher self. sometimes I think all dreams and obes are messages from higher self.
I often think about how churches get started, usually it begins from someone's ordinary house with just a few people gathering. years pass and suddenly a new religion catches on.

it fades away and another thought system/religion springs up in its place.

the zen I believe might be saying something where my thought processes lean to for the most part. I have a great respect for eastern philosophy and a general impatience for surface Christianity platitudes but I work a lot with both systems to align them into a working relationship.

hey! post a dream here Carolyn..we can gab about it! love, alysia

IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 1:42pm

Hey Alsyia!

I'm gonna go for a totally different approach to this, because one I feel people do a better job and two I like whats been said here...

You said you were being driven around by a guide in a new town which i believe is your new town even if it isn't visually matching. The familar building is your home/or place of future work...

The part where you said this was an ordinary home with seekers coming in maybe points out you have a job (physical or astral) in your new home, your new place, we already know your a excellent teacher! Maybe theres another project lined up for you to help with the shift....the person in the kitchen is helping prepare you/the universe for this?

What ya think? lol

Ryan

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:09pm

Ryan,

Yes, that feels right too, from where  I sit. If it were my dream, I mean.  Preparing, cooking something up, I like that too.

Yeah, Alysia, I understand, the Zen approach. I mean, I am attracted to much of it. (Much of my work/job is on Buddhist texts, btw, so I get some of it by osmosis.)

I don't know if you mentioned the city, but I'm assuming it is San Francisco, for some reason.

Love, Carolyn

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 4:18pm

hello dear ones, Ryan and Corolyn. I love u guys!
along the lines of what u said Ryan i've been hanging with Gordon who has started up a small group in his place once a week. I used to have an ACIM group in my home back in the 80's, we kind of petered out after a year, had no direction to sail in.
ACIM is channelled material which is non/acceptable in most Christian mentalities, therefore since it's channelled material with a new way of interpreting Christianity, it could be considered new age Christianity, because Jesus talks in the material.

therefore the need to bring two thought systems in alignment.
the knowledge in ACIM is ancient. only appearing as new, in the channelling aspect. also Christianity started in the East as far as location is concerned. Christian thought and Zen, to me are not all that far apart.

I work with GP on other levels now and then and he has inspired me to have a group again on this level. I think he and I are very closely related but I wouldn't be able to detail why.
I'm headed for San Diego for a few years Carolyn, Frisco has too many fault lines! lol. would shake my house of cards to the ground! I think when I get there I will hang out a shingle for once a week gatherings teaching ACIM. I may be jumping too far ahead in the future with this here dream planning, but gee, wouldn't be the first time i jumped ahead! guess that's why life is fun!

you two are definetely quick...
also I've been watching Bruce teach classes for several years now and Bruce is someone I admire and emulate in my mind.
and Monroe too. Monroe is very much alive to me.
love, alysia

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 7:31am

Quote:
I'm headed for San Diego for a few years Carolyn, Frisco has too many fault lines! lol. would shake my house of cards to the ground!

I think when I get there I will hang out a shingle for once a week gatherings teaching ACIM. I may be jumping too far ahead in the future with this here dream planning, but gee, wouldn't be the first time i jumped ahead! guess that's why life is fun!

Alysia,
Ok, I'm off the mark with SF. I sensed the temple/home with the ocean nearby and downhill a bit, but don't really know what SD is like so assumed SF. I've never been further west than CO.

I wish you'd come here. I'd come to your group in a heartbeat! I finally found my ACIM book which had been in storage with all my books, but I think a group could help with focus. I dabble.

Love, Carolyn

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 12:22pm

hey carolyn, actually, the ocean is in SD too, and they do have those hills all over the place. was trying to get me daughters to get inland but they have to live right on top of the ocean which will probably get us wet during the earth changes..oh well...such is living on the edge...a choice....may be headed for wisconsin in 2 or 3 years. where are you? i have to follow the kids..otherwise I'd be in your backyard in no time at all!
love, alysia

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 7:50pm

Alysia,

Interpretation: You are coming down to earth because of your move. You are not alarmed by this and you know that you have experienced this before and have the spiritual tools to accept the changes and adapt to it.

blink

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 10:13pm

thanks Blink! Cheesy nothing like kids to ground one into reality fer sure! yea, if they go down it will be standing on my shoulders cause I'd go down first for them! love, alysia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.