Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream which definatly means something... (Read 5391 times)
chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Dream which definatly means something...
Nov 5th, 2005 at 4:18am

Hey everyone,

Well I'd like to share a dream that i remebered from last night. I know this definatly has some meaning but would love to know what you guys think.

All i know was the setting was in a library?? But where i was in the library was like a conservatory bit, like an entrance to the library but was all covered in glass im pretty sure. I had my bass and for some reason along with two other band members?? we had to perform a song they knew how to play and i didn't. Oh as I'm writing i remember we were going to improvise but i suggested to do a famous song we all know, i'm not sure who choose it but I know it was a song by 'The Happy Mondays' or whatever they are called I forgot now but I don't like that band lol but had to do this song in this entrance/conservatory of the library. I didn't have to do it in the library, it just this is what i remembered my surroundings to be.

I went away and sat on a high stool with my bass and played away finding the notes (have been doing alot of improv work in C-1 anyway) and found a little but didn't know half the song! Yet we had to perform it, my feeling was i didn't know it to do it well and they knew that. Then suddenly there was a family, wife and husband and two kids all putting on their large winter coats?? and saying they must go as this show isn't going to happen or be bad, i convinced them to stay and we went to play but i don't remember what happened from then on.

I know this has so much meaning and have many thoughts rushing through my head but would love to hear some please. I mean the library setting seems like a symbol to something, finding it hard to play, people leaving etc....hmmm, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Also i didn't want to say this at first as so to make it biased towards this but last night my cousins left to New Zealand after visiting here, I felt pretty down all day, went out with some mates in evening hoping to cheer up but kept looking at my watch and then knew when they were taking off all i could do was sit there with a big glum face on lol, couldn't help it. Well i came home and sunk into bed and went to sleep, I am really gonna miss them guys Sad. Actually they should be about 13 hours into the flight now, another 11 to go lol. Well I'm not sure if this has any connection or not either but just wondering if that might help you guys knowing to understand my dream.

Well also just wanna say i feel really rude asking for it to be interpretated like I'm saying I want answers and you guys have to so sorry if that comes across, also you dont have to reply, just would be much appreciated.

Well thanks for listening, haven't been on here too much past few days so hope your all doing well Smiley

Speak to you all soon,

Ryan

IP Logged

somebody

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Poland
Re: Dream which definatly means something...
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 5:39am

hello Ryan,
you had very interesting dream. i think that the part of your dream when you didn't want to play a new song but something you know well could means that you're afraid of some new thing and you prefer things/situations which don't bring nothing new. i can't say nothing about other part of your dream. it was just one thought that came whilst i was readng.

i hope it can be helpful Smiley

Ania

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 9:43am

Ania has a good insight about playing new songs or learning to improvise...you must be a sort of play by ear sort of guy..me too!

so, Ryan sweetie...I love interpreting dreams and nothing better to do than sit here and swig coffee and the day is young...
didn't I confide to you once I always had a desire to make it to the library and hadn't made it there yet so would you go for me? lol! I didn't think u would take me up on it. can I take credit it for it, that u made it there? Grin  btw, in my mind I did see a lot of windows in the library, to let in the light symbolically. was it a very tall building with windows way up at the top extending from the floor?
hee. I see u didn't get much reading done, but that's ok because playing music is more important.
how I see this dream it ties in with family. your cousins and you seem to have traveled life to life together; you are obviously very close to them in a soul way. I know the feeling as same as with my kids and I, seem to travel thru life in a group, from life to life.
Happy Mondays is a great name for a band even though you are not into their music, its still a good name. Everybody thinks Monday is a bummer, as the weekend is over, time to get back to work you know, so we often call it blue monday. I think your higher self is saying u can improvise and make monday happy, but you're going to have to improvise, as you don't know that song. in other words, when people u love leave town the song they sing leaves with them, the song you knew so well, that u could play and relate to.
the winter coats is that maybe u have a fear of winter settling in..winter is but a season though, a season to protect thin skin from the cold. still, you improvise a tune even in winter.
I used to do karaoke (singing O.P.S.) other peoples songs. had a Japanese group leader I sang with. this guy I loved dearly, but he would pull out the worst songs to sing from some sort of grab bag. but I would sing whatever he could dish out. needed the practice.
especially, lol, Ryan, every Xmas he would pull out this ancient "have yourself a merry little Xmas" which the beat was so slow it put me into instant sleep state. probably 4 beats to every syllableZZZZZZZZ...  this guy sometimes got us kicked out of nice spots for the music was so bad sometimes. we'd just laugh standing outside in the snow after being kicked out...  it was all a part of the show for the audience pleasure.

don't know why I just told u all that..but guess I'm trying to explain that improvising is the most wonderful thing you could do...

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

chilipepperflea

England
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 10:28am

Quote:
hello Ryan,
you had very interesting dream. i think that the part of your dream when you didn't want to play a new song but something you know well could means that you're afraid of some new thing and you prefer things/situations which don't bring nothing new. i can't say nothing about other part of your dream. it was just one thought that came whilst i was readng.

i hope it can be helpful Smiley

Ania

Hey  Ania thankyou for the reply! I did want to play the song....just didnt know how so felt i couldn't. Still your point has really got me thinking, i don't have the answers yet to it, a few ideas maybe. What is it thats changing i don't like? I normally accept change. Thankyou for your reply, must get thinking now!  Grin

Ryan
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2005 at 11:29am by chilipepperflea »  

IP Logged

chilipepperflea

England
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 11:27am

Quote:
Ania has a good insight about playing new songs or learning to improvise...you must be a sort of play by ear sort of guy..me too!

so, Ryan sweetie...I love interpreting dreams and nothing better to do than sit here and swig coffee and the day is young...
didn't I confide to you once I always had a desire to make it to the library and hadn't made it there yet so would you go for me? lol! I didn't think u would take me up on it. can I take credit it for it, that u made it there? Grin  btw, in my mind I did see a lot of windows in the library, to let in the light symbolically. was it a very tall building with windows way up at the top extending from the floor?
hee. I see u didn't get much reading done, but that's ok because playing music is more important.
how I see this dream it ties in with family. your cousins and you seem to have traveled life to life together; you are obviously very close to them in a soul way. I know the feeling as same as with my kids and I, seem to travel thru life in a group, from life to life.
Happy Mondays is a great name for a band even though you are not into their music, its still a good name. Everybody thinks Monday is a bummer, as the weekend is over, time to get back to work you know, so we often call it blue monday. I think your higher self is saying u can improvise and make monday happy, but you're going to have to improvise, as you don't know that song. in other words, when people u love leave town the song they sing leaves with them, the song you knew so well, that u could play and relate to.
the winter coats is that maybe u have a fear of winter settling in..winter is but a season though, a season to protect thin skin from the cold. still, you improvise a tune even in winter.
I used to do karaoke (singing O.P.S.) other peoples songs. had a Japanese group leader I sang with. this guy I loved dearly, but he would pull out the worst songs to sing from some sort of grab bag. but I would sing whatever he could dish out. needed the practice.
especially, lol, Ryan, every Xmas he would pull out this ancient "have yourself a merry little Xmas" which the beat was so slow it put me into instant sleep state. probably 4 beats to every syllableZZZZZZZZimages.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/dead.gif  this guy sometimes got us kicked out of nice spots for the music was so bad sometimes. we'd just laugh standing outside in the snow after being kicked outimages.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/comedy.gif  it was all a part of the show for the audience pleasure.

don't know why I just told u all that..but guess I'm trying to explain that improvising is the most wonderful thing you could do...

love, alysia

Alysia! Thank you so much as well, you always go into so much depth which I am very grateful for and really appreciate, plus I love hearing it from you, your personality, you, make me laugh  Grin!

I remember you saying about library and going yes lol! In focus 23 i think is it? I didn't really see much of the library, i just new it was and there was loads of open windows but the bit i was in was low level like a conservatory.

I am i don't know what it is, but i get on well with them so much, Melissa more i think, we just have a laugh with so much in common and are pretty much like each other in a way, same track of mind. I can't explain it but i know where talking about the same thing as with you and your daughters Smiley.

The monday you were saying about, improvising i understand but also on a much larger scale as well so thats good. Actually i just really got your explanation on the song leaving with them, i can feel this and really relate...you can improvise but never be as good though! How you get over that one!? lol

Im confused about the winter bit, i don't have a fear of it? hmmm, well i prefer summer but thats it...have to give that more thought.

I'm not sure why you told me that but glad you did! I enjoyed reading it and laughed, espcially getting kicked out lol. I think my christmas karaoke classic is so here it is meryy christmas by slade or wizard? I think thats so goooood!  Grin lol

Thankyou for replying again! Always such a big help and treat to read!

Ryan

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 5:31pm

Hi Ryan,
my thoughts:
Libraries are institutions to collect and provide knowledge and maybe wisdom, if wisdom can be found in books. When you were to play in the entrance area, you were at the border to a public place of knowledge to present it and to make people come to it. You were anxious to fail. You were supposed to improvise to a song you don't like. That's of course not a good idea, so it was not organized in a way to lead to success.
The family can symbolize a group of people very close (or in some way connected) to each other (not just a crowd of individuals) and wearing coats signs that they came from outside so they maybe weren't insider to the library (the place of knowledge), and that's just the sort of people you and your band should attract, so that they can have insights using the library. Coats also can be signs for being reservated, so you had to play them warm so that they could tune into and open up to that place.

If that's too overinterpreted, maybe it was an expression of stage-fright? I know how terrible it is, had a gig on a big stage (bass too), very nervous, and in the end, when we were ready to play for some hundreds of people the organizer came up telling us it's too late now, thanks for coming and goodbye! (The other musicians who played before us were too long) (Hey man, but did the soundcheck, and when I came over the big fat PA I thought no matter what you play, it always sounds gigantic!)

Bye, Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

chilipepperflea

England
Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 6:11pm

Quote:
Hi Ryan,
my thoughts:
Libraries are institutions to collect and provide knowledge and maybe wisdom, if wisdom can be found in books. When you were to play in the entrance area, you were at the border to a public place of knowledge to present it and to make people come to it. You were anxious to fail. You were supposed to improvise to a song you don't like. That's of course not a good idea, so it was not organized in a way to lead to success.
The family can symbolize a group of people very close (or in some way connected) to each other (not just a crowd of individuals) and wearing coats signs that they came from outside so they maybe weren't insider to the library (the place of knowledge), and that's just the sort of people you and your band should attract, so that they can have insights using the library. Coats also can be signs for being reservated, so you had to play them warm so that they could tune into and open up to that place.

If that's too overinterpreted, maybe it was an expression of stage-fright? I know how terrible it is, had a gig on a big stage (bass too), very nervous, and in the end, when we were ready to play for some hundreds of people the organizer came up telling us it's too late now, thanks for coming and goodbye! (The other musicians who played before us were too long) (Hey man, but did the soundcheck, and when I came over the big fat PA I thought no matter what you play, it always sounds gigantic!)

Bye, Spooky

Hey Spooky! Thankyou for your reply. Again another thing I wouldn't of thought of in a million years, making people come to this library, why though? I see what you mean though, i felt these people were going so maybe i didn't warm them up to get these insights from the library which is why they went to leave??

Thats a real shame about the gig! I don't think its stage fright for me as not in a band atm and so no gigs or anything. And i can bet with the PA, must of sounded so good Grin! How often do you play? I don't think i know you played bass? I always though it was guitar, or do you do both! lol

Ryan

IP Logged

Carolyn
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 8:03am

Hi all,

I'm peeking in over here at Bruces' place. I love these dream connections offered here! Yes, they make sense from my perspective. Ryan, you have a very warm and engaging personality, and it makes sense, your "music" does NOT leave people out in the cold. Smiley  You warm up the crowd, here on these forums. And in playing in the entrance to the library/conservatory you entertain both sides, the inside and the outside, your spiritual and your physical friends, and draw folks to this place of information.

I am also curious about the name Happy Monday, as it would be an ironic name by the popular opinion of Monday's, and you are looking at the start of a new week here in a different light, Happy instead of Blue. Starting a "new week" and new phase for you, perhaps. Goes with the unfamiliar tune.

Ok, someone stop me.  LOL.

Love, Carolyn

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.