Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Questions about "vibrations" and OBEs (Read 7866 times)
freebird
Ex Member

Questions about "vibrations" and OBEs
Apr 24th, 2005 at 1:52pm

One thing I have been wondering about is the issue of "vibrations" that people feel when their spirit leaves their body.  I have had this happen to me a few times during brief OBEs, and I have always wondered what it actually is.

Last night, I had an OBE that lasted only a few seconds.  It started when I was awakening from sleep.  I woke up and found myself rising out of my body and floated in the air above my bed.  Before I had a chance to try to do anything such as turn around and look down at my body, I suddenly was flung back into my body and experienced a strong vibrating, buzzing, twitching and shaking feeling in my head as I re-entered my physical body.  I did not, however, notice any vibrations when I first left my body.  Perhaps that's because I had been asleep and was already out of my body, or else I have no idea why.

My questions are:

1.  What is this sensation of "vibrations"?  Is it some kind of seizure activity in the brain as the consciousness detaches from the brain?  Or what is it, scientifically speaking?  Does anyone know if research has been done on this to try to detemine what these vibrating, twitching, buzzing sensations in the head that are associated with OBEs really are?

2.  Is it typical to experience vibrations upon returning to the body, or only when leaving the body?

3.  Is it abnormal to experience no vibrations upon leaving the body, but then have vibrations occur upon returning, as happened to me last night?

Freebird

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Re: Questions about "vibrations" and OBE
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 3:26pm

Nothing scientifical has been made on those topics since OBEs aren't considered plausible by science  Cry

But from what I know, thoses vibrations happens when the body is near the threshold of separation.

So if, when you returned to your body, you were still in such a state that another OBE could have happend, the vibrations would have been felt.

When I had my OBE I didn't felt the vibes since I was asleep. I was lying uncomfortably on my bed and tried to place myself in another position but... I was moving thru my body  Shocked

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2005 at 7:02pm

Freebird-
I got 'em one day when trying Not to leave the body and scared hell out of me. But they're normal, and all OBE writers mention them as such. Also the re-entry Jerk! is normal. I usually just identify with "out there" and bypass that stuff, but they won't hurt anything (or at least not much).
d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 1:35pm

hi Freebird. the vibes appear to be influenced by our thought processes and development and study of these sensations of energy movement. for example, I usually just phase or roam around my dream landscape these days but for a few days not long ago I was experiencing powerful jerking of discoincidence from the physical. it was uncomfortable so I had a chat with myself about it dis-continuing and surprisingly that's all I needed to do about that. I like my exits smooth personally. the jerking I assume was my eagerness to get to classes I'm sure I'm involved in on the other side of my mind.
20 years ago though I was mesmerized with these vibrations, trying to induce them. I'm convinced now that my higher self of which I was not aware is one and the same as my here and now self, was teasing me along and using the vibrations to explain to me I was not stuck in a body here, but that I was more than what that body told me I was....

IP Logged

Shirley

San Antonio
Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 2:08pm

I've sensed it both on exit and return..doesn't bother me much, I just go with it..

IP Logged

Chris

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 2:21pm

When disconecting from physical body, I feel vibrations and mainly centered around my mouth and jaw. I aways wondered if the fillings (non-organic materials) played a role in it. But I was able to move my jaw to somewhat help the disconnecting process.

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 6:16pm

thats facinating Chris, especially moving your jaw to help yourself disconnect. also that must be the throat chakra you're using..seems unusual to me but I've never really taken a survey where people exit at. my forehead chakra is probably my most active for the spin sensation, but think there's another chakra perhaps near the pineal gland in the head area? I know for sure theres a portal, crown chakra. come to think of it the 3rd eye I believe is the pineal gland chakra, so theres 3 all in a row there at the top. correct me if anyone wants to add to this. yes, did you read how I got inside my teeth/mouth? ha ha! must have been coming out through the same throat chakra you did.
I want to surf my blood stream like in the movie, look at the white blood cells and what not. might not like what I see though! ha ha!...

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 2:41pm

Alysia -
The throat chakra is associated with intention and projection of will ... like the "Sillly little finger bending exercise" in Bruce's afterlife training material.  As you say, third eye and pineal seem to be associated. The other two semi-significant chakras in the head are roughly associated with the upper brainstem (whether that's the RAS or cerebellum I can't say) and possibly pituitary (that would include the hypothalamus, an emotional modulator). If you work up through the spine in the back of the head, you can sense them as "vague pausing points". I have no data on them otherwise, nor have I ever gotten anything to happen that is related to them.

Have you ever tried Surat Shabd Yoga (championed here by Kirpal Singh). It's the Sufi method of going into the heart. Literally. The "gong sound" and so on are all there. I assume that you could continue into the rest of the system if you wanted to, but I only did this technique once. It's described in the Upanishads etc. "Listen with the right ear to the sound of the heart, and go into it." Good luck-
dave

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2005 at 4:48pm

Dave said: The throat chakra is associated with intention and projection of will ... like the "Sillly little finger bending exercise"
_____

intention and projection of will...did you get that from
Bruce's books? always just associated it with communication as the wind comes up there to make sound with. but makes sense to me what u say. I'm not into yoga but I'm sure it's a facinating study. I do a little energy exercise of raising from the solar plexus energy up into the heart sometimes. got the idea from Bruce's books. the finger bending thing is still under scrutiny for me. if you could explain it for me I'd appreciate that. love, alysia

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 1:27pm

Alysia-
I got the finger idea from Bruce's afterlife training CD, but it's good. Notice what happens when you create "mind over matter" and get the finger to bend. That's intention. It's a "do it" not a "think it" exercise.

The throat chakra was from some traditional source plus experience, and I forget where and when. However, how do you make the wind blow in the desired direction to carry your mind stuff through itself to others? By intending it do so so, and impressing the intention by the vocal system. It's still mind over matter.

dave

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 5:14pm

ooh oooh i know i know!   J/K, Hi Alysia, i've gotten a little info about those gland to chakra connections in my study synthesizing astro./color vibration/chakras/glands/Cayce readings...   I'll admit it...I'm addicted to synthesizing stuff...a synthesis addict Roll Eyes

Anyways...  To add to what Dave was saying, there is a trinity of glands in the head Pineal, Pituitary, and Hypothalmus.    These are not the same as Chakras, but are the material manifestation of the subtle body Chakras.  Kinda like, when souls were first in the ELS, they were much more "light" in nature, but gradually started to densify (new word..), and eventually the endocrine glands were patterned after the 7 major chakras.

The Pineal in my mind, is directly connected to the 6th Chakra, though many other metaphysical sources relate it to the Crown because the Pineal looks like the highest gland in the body.  But...the Pituitary along with the Hypothalmus are the master glands in the body physically speaking (they control every other glandular reaction), and energetically speaking too.  

So in a way, you could link the Pituitary to the Crown Chakra (the 7th), but in my mind, it is the balanced active co-resonating of the Pineal to the Pituaitary which corresponds/resonates to the fully awakened Crown Chakra.  

Backing this up more scientifically... Human Growth Hormone which is secreted by the Pituitary has shown much promise in being an anit-aging substance.   As most people age, their HGH levels become less and less, but when you either stimulate the HGH levels either by artificial injection or natural stimulation, it has many positive side effects on the body, increasing strength, elasticity, positive mood..well u name it, it does it.  

Whats really interesting, or should be to you... is that HGH is secreted MOST when someone is in deep sleep a.k.a DELTA BRAINWAVE levels, which can be learned through very deep meditation too!   There's part of the key to eternal life!

But back to the glands and color vibration indications etc..  As Dave mentioned the Hypothalmus is strongly linked to emotional states and emotional tendencies, in my studies/intuition it resonates to the Moon forces, whereas the Pituitary resonates to the Sun.  So you have the Divine blending of the Positive forces (Sun/Spirit) with the Negative/passive forces (Moon/matter) and when someone consistently balances these two forces within...well they become like Monroes buddy...A real true HE/SHE--a Master in the old teachings.

But as mentioned, the Pineal plays an important part too, almost acts as a fulcrum between these two forces, i.e. the 3rd aspect, the balancing.   The Heart plays this role too with the Pineal.   But, to be fair to all the other glands and Chakras, they're all very important, and all must be perfectly balanced in relation to each other, then the "White Light" body (the 5th body) will activate (this partly why there are 7 major chakras and dimensions of the ELS, looking at the symbolism of 7, it seems to be the most perfectly balanced number with 3 {balance of the trinity] merging 1 with 3 or balance again. 3 to 1 to 3...dunno but it screams balance to my intuition)

The Pineal seems to resonate most to the Indigo color vibration, and the Pituitary to the Golden.  Dunno the Hypothalmus, i somewhat get light green for this one--Also relating to the Heart!  Which seems to function on many levels simultaneously--green/rose pink and Golden Sun linked energy.

In Rosalind's new book, her spirit guide who she calls Radiant Lady (quite interesting how that pans out in the book) says that there is a direct relationship between the 7 chakras, and the 7 major dimensions of the ELS.  So Rosy comes up with idea, "so if I activate my heart chakra primarily in my life, then when i die I will be attracted to the 4th dimension--the mental?"   Yep, says R.L.

That's apparently where most people end up in the stream of consciousness.  As you said, you're functioning (predominantly) from the 5th dimension, which corresponds to the Throat chakra of communication, relatedness, higher mental abilities etc...    But, my intuition tells me that you are starting to move into the 6 dimensional energy or the 6th Chakra which, interestingly resonates with the Pineal!

This 5th dimension/chakra thing, doesn't seem to be the same thing (in my intuition) as what we call the 5th Body, the 5th dimension/chakra is within the 4th or mental body, upper part (not spatially of course--speed of vibrations).  

Turning off my longwindedness.....
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:46pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 5:38pm

well turned it back on Grin   If you can balance all the 6 chakras and the endocrine glands, and only express PUL (thats the whole key to balancing all the energy systems) then you will move into your "5th body" and activate your Crown Chakra fully.   This will show up to others as you having a pure White Light aura emanation.

I've found that more and more people are starting to move into the Golden light energies, which seems to be the usual "step before" in a sense, of fully integrating self, and moving into White Light self of connection to All.   Often times, these people, who i sometimes call Initiates, often have indigo, violet, and certain purple shades very strong within the mental part of the aura (the part corresponding to our deepest characteristics and mental tendencies) along with the golden colors.

In the ancient teachings, there was this idea of the 5 stage of Initiation in becoming a fully realized Adept (or Master).   The 3rd "stage" corresponds in my studies to that point of development that Cayce and Monroe talk about when talking about Graduation.   In this 3rd stage, the Soul becomes aware of the choice of being able to move into more mental energy systems, OR remaining in the ELS for full At-One-Ment.   The common choice seems to be to come back, probably because the intense friction of Earth..well creates a lot of heat..facilitating like no mental energy system could!

Relating this to astrology, which is an integral part of the development process here in the ELS and in other systems, the various planets and star systems are the physical representations of various inner consciousness levels of Soul.   In the E.C. readings, Arcturus is the "gateway" from this system, to those other more mental and purely energetic systems talked about above. 

Do you remember "Cosmic Journeys" by Rosy, and the part where she "visits" the Golden energy level of Love...when i read this, *Arcturus*  Arcturus, Arcturus went off in my head/heart.  I think Rosy visited Arcturus with her nonphysical friends, the same dimension Cayce talks about but in a slightly different way.

Cayce says that when Yeshua died, he went to this dimension before coming back to resurrect his body.  Maybe he needed a "charge up" of sorts?

It's so ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN AMAZING HOW ITS ALL SO GOSH DARN CONNECTED, ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!!  its like a mental heart body orgasm...  of PUL

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:37pm

mas uno.   Kundalini..interesting stuff...  Not completely sure how it works, but this is the picture in my mind:  The serpent fire (a.k.a Raw consciousness) seems to rise from the gonads via the Base chakra, running through two currents (one positive one negative), up through each center purifying and balancing each higher octave gland and chakra, and in the deepest PUL meditation rises all the way to the Pineal activating, and in a sense spilling over from  the top of the head, to the Pituitary which resides between the eyes, and in the back of the head fully activating and resonating both glands and chakras, which then explodes/implodes causing a chain reaction with all of the other glands and chakras blending them all into One...into....

This is the golden cup which runneth over as talked about in the Bible, becuase it literally looks like a crooked staff or cup spilling over with a golden energy cord (the united polarities).  THE TRUE HOLY GRAIL.  This is why Tutankhamun and other Initiates (like Mayan Quatzle whatever his name is) are pictured with the serpent going over the top of the head, arching down over the forehead to between the eyes--representative of the full Kundalini awakening.

IP Logged

MiracleTracker
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:42pm

Thank you all for bringing this subject up and for your great explanations.  This has helped me understand what is going on with me at night.  I wake myself up biting my tongue.  I suspected it was more than being cold and having muscle spasms, or bruxism caused by vitamin deficiency.  Now I feel the light bulb going on in my head.  Maybe it is connected to projecting out of body.  I hadn't put it together before.  Thanks!   

And I have been trying to work on ALL my chakras, but especially the throat.  That one has always been the one to have the most resistance for me.  Maybe I should explore it in other ways.

Thanks for the help!

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:44pm

Justin. rofl. was about to turn on my TV but found your posts here to be more entertaining and worth my while. you are some leap frog I must say! ha ha! let's see now, wheres my frog pic.... Grin  now what what I gonna say before I so rudely interrupted myself....oh about the chakras and the idea is to get them all spinning at once and I think this is called kundalini, this is not to say it's like falling off a log, it's not quite like that, but we can shift energy around from one to the other I noticed the other day, I could successfully move the energy from the solar plexus to the heart. we start out with the first chakra, the one we generally use to keep the race going and gradually through the life, the best as I can ascertain we can move and spin each until we get to be pros at it. the healing energy, the last time I used it was between my ears. lol. tickles there. the solar plexus is interesting as people say I have a "gut feeling." well, their guts are right!
PUL. yes, working with the heart chakra, becoming loving beings is the basis of many a book out there, and mine is not different. also heard Bruce mention once here that expressing PUL consistently seems to be a ticket out of here to achieve maximum veloxity, not that I'm in any hurry, it's starting to get nice to be here. lol....

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:53pm

Syncronicity my dear MiracleTracker and Alysia...

Did you read my last post in the series?  talks about the big K and the BIG O, after the big K...well actually they're synonomous...

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 7:58pm

just noticed I posted here the same time Miracle Tracker did (absolutely adore that affirmation) and Justin did.
me...7:44pm
MT....7:42pm
J........7:37pm

Justin and I both mentioned kundalini in our posts and thinking of the chakras from the first up through the 7th. spinning those suckers! ha ha!

Miracle Tracker, welcome, and I remember going obe nearly at one time and having to come back to the body abruptly as I couldn't breath. perhaps tongue biting could be one of the things to master as well in these types of endeavors. I was telling my body, well, if you're going to stop breathing, I suppose I have to babysit you or something? I guess it was lonely. love, alysia...

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 8:03pm

Wink Smiley  Too funny!!!!!!!! Grin Wink Grin

Signing off for now mi' fair Moon maiden...

Love for all

IP Logged

MiracleTracker
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2005 at 8:06pm

Alysia and Justin,

lol  Yes, I noticed that we all posted at the same time.  Synchronicity?  You betcha!  I suppose I will have to program myself to have a much more pleasant OBE experience than biting my tongue.  although, now that I think about it, that is what I have to do so often each day when I talk with people.  It is difficult for me to be around very closed people - good people, but closed - and not be able to speak about things outside of the box.

I'm glad I found this place.  You all seem genuinely interested in exploring the real frontier. 

Have a wonderful evening!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.