Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
God (Read 3018 times)
Spiritual_Seeker
Ex Member

God
Apr 21st, 2005 at 7:44pm

Bruce I have read a lot of books and different theories of god.With all of your journeys could you tell me what you have found out about god/gods?Any information would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Mr_Satan
Ex Member

Re: God
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 7:28am

God has turned up missing.  Too bad so few people noticed.  Maybe he wandered off somewhere and can't find his way back.  It could have been prevented if people had been more vigilant.  Gods tend to dissappear like that.  I mean try and find a greek god/goddess thses days.  Olympus is vacant.

Mr Satan

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 7:38am

By Zeus Mr. Satan !

What heresy is this  Shocked

Grin

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2005 at 11:14am

Hi Seeker-
I'm inclined to agree with Mr Satan, that "God", descriobed in Richard Burton's Kassidha as the "bigger, stronger, crueler man" seems to be losing ground.

By the way, MrS, who said it was a man? My wife always mentions God as 'Her".

However, if you REALLY seek a look at the nature of God, look in a mirror. The problem is not so much to have the sight of God as it is a matter of understanding what you are seeing. For example, if the universe has been brought forth from a timeless void, everything you see is actually a manifestation first of the timeless void, and second, a manifestation of God. With your eyes closed and your senses turned inward, the "outside world" ceases to exist. You're IT. We have interpersonal contact only when we adopt an identity, meaning a viewpoint that is contingent uon a set of circumstances and definitions of an external reality that everyone can share. Since we can't make tht up all by ourselves, yet since we seem to share the same definitions, they must have come out of the initial instant of Creation. Thus, the world in general manifests us, you, me and Mr Satan,  as an extension of the initial instant, contaioned within the unitary projection of the initial God-Force. (The philosopher Henri Bergson called it "elan vital". Nothing new here.) So, since our definition is contained in and contingent upon projection from this initial unity, it follows that you are a direct and explicit Manifestation of God. So is Mr S, so is Raphael, even me too. The difference is rather like different moods. Today you feel thus, tomorrow you feel otherwise, voila!, two different people within one person. Seems like God has many moods, each of which seeks to return to its Source in its own specific manner.  (Just as some thoughts work out to a logical conclusion, and some don't, it looks like a few of these moods self-destruct.)

Look in the mirror and you will see the Face of God reflected. Blessed be.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2005 at 12:07am

Hmmmmm...
Is Piety pious because God loves Piety,
or does God love Piety because Piety is
pious???

IP Logged

Mr_Satan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2005 at 6:12am

Raphael

I'm sure that i have been burnt in a previous life.

S

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.