Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Very strange dream last night (Read 2378 times)
Shirley

Afterlife Knowledge Member

San Antonio
A Very strange dream last night
Apr 20th, 2005 at 2:45am

I had a strange one last night.  I dreamed I woke up to go to work.  My clock said 6 am..which in real life, would have been late, but for my dream, was right on.
I started getting ready.  Something was wrong though.  The time was wrong.  Different sources gave different times.
It was actually 4pm and I had slept the day away.  I kept trying to call my boss on the cell phone, but kept getting wrong numbers and weird messages.
My children were there, we tried to leave to go somewhere, but had trouble getting the car out from behind the RV (which we don't have). It had rained alot and was stuck in the mud. Somehow, we ended up at a coffee shop and an out of town friend met us there.  She said it would all be all right.
This is where it really gets odd..just before I woke up to my alarm really going off, I saw Mairlyn's face..she was smiling encouragement. 
I'm not sure what all this was..the inability to communicate with anyone, the sleeping late and missing work..and the encouragement from two very diverse people.  (my out of town friend is also an internet friend first, and she could be called a fundamentalist Christian)
I'm near to interpreting this on my own..I have a few thoughts on it, but would like y'all's first.  See if its the same thing..

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Re: A Very strange dream last night
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 6:13am

Sounds to me like you would like to accomplish something or go somewhere with your life but you feel stuck.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2005 at 10:45am

Hi Shirley,

This sounds to me like you are mired down in your thoughts/life/situations, etc and, as Raphael said, stuck.  When I read that you saw my face smiling encouragement, I felt energy going through me, so I know that there was a connection there between us but I'm not able to recall it. I haven't been remembering dreams very much for the past couple of months (since I moved) but I know that I'm doing a lot of work during my sleep.  I'll be thinking about this and will meditate on it and see if I can come up with more information.  That's interesting too about your internet friend giving you encouragement and her being a fundamentalist Christian. I'll be interested in hearing your views on all this. Wink

With Love,
Mairlyn  Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Shirley

Afterlife Knowledge Member

San Antonio
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 3:12pm

I think y'all hit it on the head.  I tend to get "caught" between philosophies..the far right fundiemental and the more free thinking, knowing what's right without having to find it in a book.
I like aspects of the fundamental Christianity.  Especially the parts of "love your neighbor as yourself" and "do unto others"..which in reality does not seem to be a real part of fundamentalists.

My friend who was there, worries about me "going to hell in a handbasket"..when I "explore" things.  I don't tell her too much about it, she gets upset.

I know there is more than is contained in her religion..I've seen it, felt it..but there is still something that draws me to that too.  Therein lies my struggle.  Finding a balance between the two seems impossible!

So, I'm stuck.  Can there be a balance of both?  I'm thinking there cannot.  Its one or the other..but, does it have to be that way?  Can we not take truth where it is?  There is some truth in that way of thinking..but the extremes it goes to..that cannot be the right way..

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2005 at 4:39pm

Ah poor shirley I know what you mean...

I'm currently considering apostasy and even though my beliefs are completely different from my original religion, there is a certain feeling to it. Everyone thinking the same thing, the whole mythology of the religion, etc etc.

It's FUN to believe and that's why it creates a problem for us.Do we want to be free and assume our thoughts or do we want the false security and be hypocrites ?

To lead or to follow... that is the question.
Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.