Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shroud of Turin (Read 2329 times)
Raphael
Ex Member

Shroud of Turin
Apr 18th, 2005 at 7:57pm

Freebird I found an scientific article that tries to explain how the whole shroud could have been naturally created.

It doesn't prove or disprove that the guy WAS Jesus but it still tries to explain the whole subject.

http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/rogers7.pdf

I was wondering if you had read it.

As far as I can see, there is still no proofs to prove or disprove anything. So it comes back to a choice of faith.
Wink

edit: Parts of my ideas on why I don't believe in Jesus as we know it will be explained in this movie : http://www.thebeastmovie.com (the trailer is great Grin)

IP Logged

LouC03

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Michigan
Re: Shroud of Turin
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 12:35pm

That movie looks outstanding...too bad it doesn't come out for another year and 2 months!

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 4:23pm

Thanks for sharing the link Raphael.  I read it and it seemed well researched and objective, unlike McKrone's and some others research.  In short, real science! 

My question is, if there is a possibility that certain human secretions could potentially discolor fabric in a similar manner as in the shroud, why do we not have more examples around the world where ancient peoples used burial cloths?

But as the article itself says at the end, "However, these observations do not prove how the image was formed or the "authenticity" of the shroud."

imo "Jesus" was just a dude who lived simply, loved a lot, and acheived a balance that few have to date (others have though!), but which is potentially open to us all (as he mentioned too).   Too much emphasis on the personal Jesus imo, i try to emphasize the pattern and example of a Christed soul who by freewill fitted himself to be a completely open channel for Christ a.k.a Universal Love/PUL/Oneness..doesn't really matter what you call it.

Why doesn't Yesh, or another master in action just come out and show us...?   Well, its sorta like why don't the E.T's just come out and show themselves.   Yesh made his rounds in his cycle, and doesn't want people to worship him, to make it a personal thing--this would block spiritual growth, rather like religions have in some cases.  He has to wait till the world is suffiently aware spiritually.  What mature person would want people to bow down to them, bloody awkward in my opinion?   

Or you can read Robert Monroe's account of He/She, where the 1800 year old person says about the world changes that the time is not right yet, that the world may need to go through a period of recognized necessity (espeically in implementing a plan that doesn't involved capitalism, communism, religion, military etc....).

Quick mention of tie in between the Cayce readings and the figure on the cloth.   Many years ago, Cayce said that Yeshua would have weighed at least 170 lbs. 

Many years later, a scientifically trained researcher (who had done much reconstructive analysis) said to his best approx. the figure on the cloth would have weighed 170 lbs.   This strikes me as more than a bit coincidental given many other tie-ins, and evidences, and verifications both behind the Shroud, Historical Yeshua Ben Joseph, and the Cayce readings....

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 5:33pm

Indeed !

Actually I never was interestedin Jesus but recently I discovered a theory that says Jesus could only be a myth. (or at worse he was jsut a man like you are saying).

See, if he was THAT important he should have been in historic records and he isn't. The only historian that talked about him was Flavius Josephus.

But the problem is that he says very little about him and he didn't even met the guy, he just wrote down what he heard (which was most probably froma scroll/text)
http://members.aol.com/FLJOSEPHUS/question.htm

A documentary (http://www.thegodmovie.com/) and a movie (www.thebeastmovie.com) are being made based on that.

It makes you wonder...

IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2005 at 9:50pm

And some more, Raphael...
Flavius Josephus' commentary about "The Christ"
may be entirely a fabrication at that.
I remember reading something about a 4th-century
bishop (Eusebius) possibly having inserted the "Jesus" reference into Josephus' account some 200 years after it was written. (Who knows what other liberties were taken with the Bible around the time of the First Ecumenical Council of Nicea, the better to give power to the clergy...)
That's priestcraft for ya!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.