Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Strange Feeling When Discussing The Afterlife (Read 2506 times)
JG

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Houston, TX
A Strange Feeling When Discussing The Afterlife
Apr 18th, 2005 at 9:17am

This is kind of on line with what Freebird is experiencing with having a sense of awareness of things around him with his eyes closed, but my issue is that once I started coming to this site and reading and experiencing a higher sense of knowledge I get a very strange feeling of disconnection per se.

I feel awkward and all other things that I normally think about becomes blocked out and I have this kind of cloudy vision. It's very strange, and severely curves my default thinking pattern to a point of deep philisophical views. This also happens in conversations with others outside of the site.  I was just wondering if anyone else goes or went through that. That is why I can't come to the site too often and read everything because I feel so weirdly detached from everything around me when I read these things, but I do read them ALL THE TIME.

Can anyone give me an idea of what it is that happens to me or can share their experience?? Thanks.

-JG

Too much knowledge without proper interpretation is borderline insanity. - JG

IP Logged

nrgstream
Ex Member

Re: A Strange Feeling When Discussing The Afterlif
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 10:30am

Maybe it has something to do with grounding.. I can feel a little spaced out myself if I spend too much time thinking or reading about metaphysical matters. You could try an exercise, like imagine that you are deeply rooted into the ground (like a tree), and any energies or feelings that keep you disconnected, are drawn down into the earth. It may help to balance you out.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 10:33am

Hi JG,

It sounds to me like you 'might' be going through a belief system crash.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Boris

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 1:54pm

This could mean that you go easily into altered mental states, whicn coul be useful. In this work we do go into trance-like staes, and learn to control them. If merely reading the material gets you there, you could be ahead of the game. Some of us have great difficulty getting into an altered state.

You might study this state and see if you can control it or do anything with it.

When I am lying in bed trying to OB, my body automatically relaxes as a result of my thinking about OB. The other thinking processes subside, letting go of a train of thought. My body automatically anticipates focus 10 and gets ready for it, as if it knows where it is supposed to go. Your mind may doing something similar, by disconnecting from earthly things, in anticipation of meditation. There is probably more to it than that.

IP Logged

LightSeeker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 5:57pm

I agree with Boris. It sounds as if you are going into a light trance. Go with the flow.

LightSeeker

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.