Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Could one literally "kill a soul?" (Read 8553 times)
Brendan
Ex Member

Could one literally "kill a soul?"
Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:16pm

If everything is, as the mystics say, a "vibrating field"... including one's soul/spirit... might it be possible to invent a device to literally "abolish" oneself (or somebody else) at the "spirit" level by disrupting or scattering, or even nullifying said field?
Such a technology would have profound implications. In cases of military action against enemies who are religious fanatics, they would lose not only their lives, but their afterlives as well.
(This could be a tremendous "deterrent" in our current "War on Terror!")
A hardcore materialist who is literally "tired of existence" could have the ultimate euthanasia performed on him/her...
And "capital punishment" could take on a whole new meaning.
After all, there is no such thing as "magic" or "the supernatural"... everything proceeds from a cause. Presumably, then, technology (or weaponry) which affected the "spirit" could be created, given an appropriate level of scientific understanding.
Any thoughts here?

IP Logged

TruSeeker
Ex Member

Re: Could one literally "kill a soul?"
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:26pm

Maybe that's one of the reasons we aren't allowed to know certain things here. Kind of like a Spiritual/Temporal Prime Directive. I would think that to know all that we would know as a spiritual self and able to have the resultant abilities would be very destructive while in a physical realm and form. It would take a great person such as Jesus to be able to handle that kind of moral responsibility that comes with such power.

But I am as always...completely clueless.

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 6:53pm

Brendan your logic makes me shiver.

I hate it when people like you takes something cool and apply it to war...

I know it wasn't on purpose but the idea is quite disturbing.

I second Truseeker in his reply.

On the other end I wonder how come you could be "permitted" to have such an idea if it was the first step in the destruction of the world. (it could come to this)

Maybe we know so little that we don't understand how come this idea would'nt be possible ?

IP Logged

kodakball

Toronto, Canada
Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 8:20pm

Well I just have to add my 2 cents, if anyone follows science, it is a common known, that matter and/or energy, can not be created or destroyed, but can be converted to another form.
So what I'm saying, their could be a afterlife, after the afterlife, at a higher form, or different state.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2005 at 11:06pm

Nope, not possible.  (And how sad it is to think of destroying a soul/spirit).

All I know is, energy can't be destroyed.  And somehow I just know that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle proves this device is impossible, but I am too tired to try to figure it out right now. 

Even if it were possible, how can anyone justify destroying a soul?  No one should get to decide if someone should exist or not.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:45am

Have no fear, Raphael...
I'm just a two-bit philosopher, with too much time on my hands.
(Or not enough? Ahhh.... to be 23 again...)
That being said... I've always had a "taste for the
macabre", if you will.
My idea might make a good sci-fi yarn in the hands
of a competent writer, though. But I'll wager it's been
done already. There's nothing new under the sun, or
so they say...

IP Logged

Brendan
Ex Member

And One More Thing...
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 3:44am

Would not destroying the soul/spirit of say, Adolf
Hitler or perhaps Pol Pot (of "killing fields" renown)
be a GOOD thing?
Would you like to encounter these individuals in ANY
potential way (and if the afterlife is eternal and spirits
are immortal, the laws of probability dictate that you WILL meet them someday...)
Not to say the above-speculated device would not dwarf the H-bomb
in its sheer potential horror... and if I knew how to build one, I would most likely refrain from doing so...
Intriguing possibility, nonetheless.

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 4:49am

First of all I'm happy to hear that energy cannont be "destroyed". I gues at worst they could momentarily dissipate the soul ?

Anyhow, destroying the soul of hitler and the like would not be a good thing in my opinion.

If you dont believe in reincarnation but believe in a hell then there he is so no problem.

If you believe in reincarnation then he probably evolved from thelast time he visited earth. So next time he comes he wont be the same.

Unless you want to consider an afterlife where no one evolves spiritually after their death then I don't see why killing a soul would be a good thing.

I heard rumors that it was possible for a soul to kill itself permanently though.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 9:46am

Quote:
Would not destroying the soul/spirit of say, Adolf
Hitler or perhaps Pol Pot (of "killing fields" renown)
be a GOOD thing?

How could destroying their souls be a GOOD thing?  We are all here to experience everything there is to experience. Them too. By destroying their souls, all souls would be destroyed because we are all ONE, even with Hitler and Pol Pot. Shocked

Blessings, Mairlyn  Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Steve_ED
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 12:13pm

This is from Bruce's Experience but I have a fascination with this experiece myself:

In Curiousity's Father, Bruce does describe a worst case scenario in which a person is so beyond hope that the only sollution is to disconnect them from the disc and move on.

In Chapter 9, Satan, there are some passages that I like very much.  It says that Satan can be described as a member of a BST who has the least capability to express PUL.

If there is even the slightest capability for this person to express love, there is still hope and the disc will try to rescue the potential lost soul.

If the disc decides the person is unrecoverable, they cut them off and the person becomes a lost soul.  Sad

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 1:52pm

....and the lost souls individuality eventually disintergrates, so it goes back to the pool of raw consciousness--a kind of recycle function.   Cayce talked about a very similar concept too.  He put an interesting astrological twist to it, saying that Saturn represents the dimension to which a soul may banish itself, or "to which all insuffient matter is cast for the remoulding."   Interesting since Saturn sounds a lot like Satan, and its only the darkest "Satans" that go through this experience in Bruce's books?

Cayce even gave a life/personality of his which apparently experienced this dissolution.  His name was John Bainbridge and he was a nasty fellow who screwed over many people in that life.  Cayce's 2nd incaration from then (looking from a time perspective) was also named John Bainbridge and he appeared to be very similar (being born near the same area in England, traveling to the same areas in America etc.) to the first Bainbridge except that when the 2nd died, he sacrificed his life to save some others.   Cayce said this second John entered in from Saturn's forces!

The really interesting part, is that when Cayce was reading the Akashic for himself, he couldn't "tap into" the first Bainbridge and only found out about it by reading the records of those who had been associated with Bainbridge, so apparently the first Bainbridge had been wiped clean from the "memory" of Cayce's Total self/Disc and only exists in the universal akashic.....

Very sad, but fascinating stuff.

IP Logged

Boris

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 9:08pm

I have heard of a soul being separated into parts,
or of the missing part being joined to a soul.
Hans Holzer described such a case.
In multiple personality, it is hard to say what
part of the mind/soul has gotten separated.

I have seen schizophrenia cases where part of the
mind or soul seemed to be missing or inaccessible.

Thanks justin, very interesring about Cayce.

IP Logged

Raphael
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:22am

Interesting concept Boris.

So from what you are saying we could also say that some evil parts of ancient souls could be reclaimed by another "super pure loving" soul in order to purify that energy.

But then what to do of this "pool of raw counsciousness" ?

IP Logged

Justin2710
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 9:55am

Quote:

Thanks justin, very interesring about Cayce.

Your very welcome Boris.   Curious of why you use my name as lower case "j" justin, yet use the proper form for "Hans", "Cayce", and in other posts you've done the same?  And I usually sign "Justin"...

Interesting from a psychological point of view.....

IP Logged

Boris

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2005 at 3:38pm

It has no significance. I make typos all the time.
I belong to a chat room where the typing has to go so fast that ppl skip the capital to use 1 less keystroke, so I get used to that. I even type my favorite girl's  name with no capital. As for the personal dignity of proper address, there is no such thing in this chat room. Everyone sooner or later gets insulted, falsely accused,  or told to shut up! Getting used to it is good for you, and enables you to develop calm in the storm.
As president Truman once said, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen". I am quite at home with controversy, don't mind it at all.

I have invented a new keyboard that has other ways to get capital letters, but I have not built it yet. It has a more efficient placement of the letters than qwerty. I have put in the rearranged letters by writing programs, but unfortunately I cant do it in Windows, so I will have to rewire.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.