Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it a random universe, where things happen.. or (Read 11371 times)
jkeyes

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Tucson,Az
Re: Is it a random universe, where things happen..
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 7:26am

Alysia,

I knew I could count on you. Thanks. I have another great "accident" "victim" tale if it's still appropriate by this weekend.  Polly's experience brought this one to mind.  These theards have a way of taking on a life of their own.

LOTS OF LOVE (lol) Jean  Kiss

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 7:49am

Hello All,

As a funny aside, today I have to attend an all day mandatory training for my job.  It is eight hours of learning How to be a Safe Driver  Tongue  Grin.

The Universe has a funny sense of humor.  Is it an "accident" that I started this thread within a week of having to attend this tedious, which includes having to learn to manover a 9 passanger van, training?  I think not-on many levels.

Love to all, Jean   Kiss

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 6:39pm

This is just a little tale about my experience with the belief that there are no accidents. It was 1956 and our family of 6 was on the threshold of a major change.  My dad had decided to quit his long time job with the Ford Motor Company to work on the Artic Circle for the DEW Line to support his family by earning a higher income.  It took about 18 months, with only short visits to us, for him to realize that he could not bear being away from us all.  So he transferred to Fairbanks, Alaska where he could rent a house for us all to live while he continued to work at his high paying job.  He also decided that we were to drive from our home state of New Jersey to Alaska in his new Country Squire Station Wagon and that, since my mother did not drive, our aunt was to transport us.   

Back then, before Alaska was a state and as you approached the Yukon Highway, you had to wait for a group of cars, a caravan, to gather before you were allowed to drive the link between the United States and Alaska.  My mother dreaded the ordeal but my younger brothers and I viewed it as grand adventure. We started in June of ’57, but by the time we made Madison, WI., we were rear-ended and our car was totaled (enter the “accident” and the miracle).  The young couple that had hit us admitted that they weren’t really paying attention and since none of us seven were injured (No-not even a scratch and remember those where the days before seatbelts and cars were not made of break away fiberglass) and we were left to wait for my father to fly down from Fairbanks to fetch us.  Our land journey would have taken us another week or more to get to our destination. I LEARN ABOUT ACCIDENTS AND MIRACLES. 

We arrived in Alaska by the beginning of July and spent the month exploring our new home.  We took long road trips out into the wilderness to check out areas where my parents would eventually stake land with the intention of homesteading.  By the beginning of August, we were settled and had even gone to dinner at the governor’s house and played with his large family.  At that time Fairbanks was a pretty small town and Alaska was still struggling for statehood so it was more like everyone knew each other. I LEARNED TO TAKE RISKS. 

By the middle of August my dad was dead.  One night he complained of pain in his back, the next day in was in the hospital with a tap on his lungs for pleurisy and on the third day he was scheduled to come home. But that never came about. As I heard my mother’s wail from the living room, I sensed then that it heralded in a wave of major change in our lives.  It happened at the peak of my mother’s vulnerability, as I saw it.  In an instant she was a widow with four children under the age of 13, with no place to live, and over 3,000 miles away from home. I LEARNED ABOUT DEATH AND FEAR. 

In the following years, my mother experienced 3 embezzlements which wiped out the $5,000 life insurance policy monies, lost a home that she had purchased when we had come back from Alaska, we wound up living in the projects of the city she grew up in, and eventually had my brothers go into foster homes so that she could break the cycle of poverty we were on.  As a final blow to my mother, when she started to get the family back together, her brother had her committed to the state mental institution.  Fortunately, her psychiatrist (an angel, guide, etc.?) recognized what the situation was and he had her released within 30 days.  After 30 days, an individual, at that time was considered officially committed. MY INTODUCTION TO THE “LUCK FACTOR” 

This was a woman who was intelligent, loving, and dedicated to her family.  She was also a woman very much into spirituality and a woman of moderation in all things except for going hysterical, at times, when these crazy things happened.  I loved her but she scared me, not by anything she did to me, but because of all the bad things that happened to her.  The funniest thing was that she was not what you would consider of a “victim mentality”.  She always had this way of looking at people as though they had the same idealistic standards that she had.  Many of them, of course didn’t, and, as I suspect now, that this is part of what she was here to learn/teach and she was possibly limited in learning this lesson as long as my father was with her.  I also needed to learn that her life and experience were separate from mine as she was the only one who could create and decide her actions and beliefs.  Eventually, I needed to learn that she and I were on separate journeys and that we each were the creators of our own experiences.  That was hard for me and took many years. I LEARNED WE HAVE SEPARATE MISSIONS.

Needless to say, us kids went through H…LL with my mother after my father died.  As a result, in my teen years, I believed in the “luck factor”.  Some people were lucky and some weren’t.  My mother wasn’t.  Previous to this belief I was into religion heavily influenced by the movies.  I couldn’t understand why people didn’t believe in God or Jesus.  But this was before the death of my father.  Meanwhile, when my belief in the luck factor wore thin, it left out too much, but then I became more convinced that what happened to my mother would never happen to me.  I was going to make different decisions to protect my self. I WENT FROM BELIEF IN GOD TO BELIEF IN THE “LUCK FACTOR” BUT STILL BELIEVED IN ACCIDENTS    

First I married a man who I could never really count on emotionally so I that would never be as devastated, as my mother was, if he died.  Then I proceeded to use my time as a homemaker and full time mother to learn about psychology, sociology, and other subjects so that I could find a career that could support me later.  I decided that also things would be different and/or better for me because times were better and I could internalize what I had learned as I believed she never could.  Plus I smugly decided that I was less trusting/naive then she was and I was more skeptical/cynical. I counted on these beliefs along with the belief that I could prevent disasters in my life by learning about the possibilities beforehand.  Which, of course, I couldn’t.  Meanwhile, her experiences haunted me.  Then my own disaster happened in ’83 and my world fell apart and I just wanted to die. But I didn’t, life went on because I was yet to discover the meaning of why. Suicide was never an option because I learned from my dad that it’s not because as he always said,  “…you never know what act in coming on next!” I BELIEVED I COULD BEAT THE SYSTEM BY BEING SMARTER/MORE SYNICAL AND I STILL BELIEVED IN ACCIDENTS.   

Anyhow, my brothers also survived and eventually grew up to do what they needed to do and continue to do. My mother, meanwhile, was able to live to see all of her grandchildren born before she died in 1985 and had the four of us at her bedside while she transferred out of here.  After she left, she was with me as I worked through the divorce in dreams, as a loving supporter standing in the background and when I did a past life, she as a he was with me as I died in a NA life.   Also, during this period, I was continuing to have the reoccurring dreams that my father’s death was all a mistake. They had started within a few years of his departure.  Little did I realize that I was partially right on that point?  THE START OF THE BELIEF THAT WE ARE MORE THAN OUR BODIES

So by 1987, I had actively started studying, reading, and being involved with all things in my area related to answering the “Big Whys” from the viewpoint of spirituality.  When I read a book on OBE, I had OBE experiences. When I read a book on dreams, I started to remember my dreams and learn from them.  But when I read a book on lucid dreams and started the Monroe series in 1997, I met my dad again-only on a different level while sleeping.  I was flabbergasted and thrilled that I was actually with him.  I was as real as the other lucid dreams that I had started experiencing as a result of my reading or as real as I viewed real on the physical plane.  As we hugged and then settled down in chairs across from each other, he looked the same as he always had, I then proceeded to ask him WHY?  Why did he leave and why did he leave when he did?  Why, Why, Why?  He basically explained that it was time for him to move on as he had a schedule to keep to.  He also gave me the impression that he had to leave because my mother needed to work on things as a single parent and that each of us kids would gain as a result.  I don’t remember a lot of what we covered, it was like a rote described by Monroe/Moen, but I do remember, as we “talked”, that I felt really satisfied that all my questions were answered.  Today the answers come back to me little by little including the why of the accident.  It was part of keeping to the schedule and part of what was meant to be for my understandings about there are no accidents.  I LEARNED THAT I NOW BELIEVE THAT WE ARE MORE THAN OUR BODIES AND THAT THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS AND THAT LOVE IS FOREVER.

I look forward to leaning what I need next to learn and look forward to seeing what, as my dad used to say, “…act is coming on next”.

Love to all, Jean 

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 7:23pm

WOW Jean. Thank you so much for relating this to us. Wink

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 2nd, 2005 at 9:50pm

yes, thanks Jean. we sure know how to fashion a life, eh? sometimes I think about giving ourselves a surprise twist, so that if we knew, it really wouldn't be a surprise then. the surprise for me is in the overview, and I certainly wouldn't be looking at an overview while in the beginning and middle parts.

me too. I had my first retrieval after reading Monroe. ha ha! u should have seen be bungling around while the deadpan face of my guide (future self?) looked on. yes, books can lead to an experience.

it was ACIM got me thinking about accidents so much. I only knew one thing; if I had to go through life looking over my shoulder all the time to see whether an accident was catching up to me, well, poo poo on that. it's a lot more fun looking forward and just knowing if something unexpected happens you're going to discover why because you no longer believe in accidents, and be better off for that to be more efficiently creating your own life without necessarily chocking it up to luck. is why I can never say good luck to anyone  anymore even though I might want to. just aint no such critter in my book. I might say good on ya mate or something akin to bless you and your entire household. interesting your mom was a man? doesn't that blow you away? I think I was married to my half sister....ha ha! scared the pee right out of me!
let's not go there. enough on my plate right now.
thanks again for letting me/us get to know u better love. alysia

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.