Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The Afterlife..Do You Believe? Why or Why Not? (Read 8172 times)
mariaelenaa
Ex Member

The Afterlife..Do You Believe? Why or Why Not?
Mar 9th, 2005 at 9:30pm

I am interested in knowing the reasons why people do or do not believe in the afterlife....Can anyone share? ???

IP Logged

Sydnei
Ex Member

Re: The Afterlife..Do You Believe? Why or Why Not?
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 9:44pm

Hi, Mariaelenaa ~

I can tell you that I believe (and I do), but this is not the same thing as knowing.  I think that this is what Bruce, and many others will say.  I believe because of the preponderence of evidence in favor of there being an Afterlife.  I have read a lot, had many dream experiences, and listened to the experiences of dear and trusted friends.  From all of this, I cannot see how there could not be an Afterlife.  But as I have not accumulated enough of my own experiences and knowings, I cannot yet say that I know this to be true...just that I believe it to be so.  I believe that I will one day know it to be true, as well.   Wink

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 9:49pm

I believe because of four general things: (1) although our physican manifestation is in termsof material, our ultimate nature is in terms of awareness (ultimately, entropy, pure information), which has no way to stop existing; (2) I've had meditative experiences that convince me that there's a lot more going on than the everyday world; (3) I started practice as a psychoanalyst, using hypnosis for speed and depth. But I've had so many people to come to me with problems arising from past lives that I've restyled my practice to past life work plus hyno-analysis. (4) My background is hard core math modelling of the topology of subjective states, but it has implications for expected experiences if an afterlife is real. Bruce's Afterlife Study book essentially repeats the same information from a "how to do it" perspective. Agreement of people who do widely different things suggests that there must be some underlying truth. I suggest that you learn how to do it and see if it doesn't convince you too.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

mariaelenaa
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 9:50pm

That is an interesting take.  I have never really gotten so far as to think about whether I know that there is an afterlife.  I too have had dreams and read.  When my grandmother passed away I had very lucid dreams of her very often.  My mother whom I was/am very close to just passed away four months ago.  I have not had dreams about her as I did with my grandmother and it worries me and makes me question my beliefs.

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 11:11pm

Hey mariaelenaa,    What Dave says, rings true for me: 'awareness... has no way to stop existing'.  I know that there is an afterlife through experiencing different things. One is practicing 'seeing into the nature of one's own mind',  meditation.  "Discover what's unchanging", that's the only instruction my meditation teacher gave me in all those years of sitting with him.  28 years pass ( i'm a slow student) and  I see what he was pointing out. There IS something unchanging about awareness, something sky-like (at the same time there's this radiance, this expression, unchanging doesn't mean static....)  But first it was lucid dreaming and obes (beginning at a very early age) that made me know that non-physical reality is just that; reality...  Hey, YOU can find out for yourself the reality of the afterlife. See for yourself that it's ALL life, there is no dividing line between life & death, awareness is seamless, it's 'all of one piece'. So, welcome to the site!  Read the articles above. Bruce Moen's work has been invaluble to me, has made a real impact in my life. You've come to the right place,  Tim

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 4:09am

Hi, mariaelenaa,

While agreeing with the previous posts I would also like to add my own slant on this.
I lost my wife about 19 months ago and had never really thought about the Afterlife. However, within the first few months of her passing there were so many "occurrences" I just could not believe they were all coincidences. They "guided" me to start looking into what happens after we die and to this web site. I have also read many books on the topic and became a "convert" (well, 95% at that stage). My final proof of the Afterlife came when I visited a well-known medium who came through with such detailed things that could ONLY have come from my wife. Nobody will shake my faith now.
Best wishes in your quest.

roger   Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

momof3
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 6:01pm

Hi Everyone-

I am asking for some help.  I have searched vastly on the internet for information regarding children and ghosts to no avail.  I then put in the search tool "Are ghosts real".  This website was the first and to me the most viable.  O.K., last week my 3 yrs. and 5 mos. old son was lying on the couch with me and I was watching a movie.  He looks in the doorway behind me and points and I turned around and looked and there was no one there...and I told him so.  He pointed again and I repeated myself.  He then placed his hands over his eyes and ran into his room.  Practically everynight at the same time as this first encounter I have heard someone come through our wrought iron door...one night I was watching television and my ice maker and water dispenser on the outside of my refrigerator went on and off very quickly and I saw this out of the side of my eye through the reflection of the microwave.  I then have heard at night the same noise with the icemaker and my glass being lifted up and down.  I haven't told anyone this information...not even my husband.  One night...I had a very real dream about somebody poking at me and I yelled at the top of my lungs to knock it off.  The next morning, my husband said it was some deep seated anxiety I am having.  Here is where I need help...is it true children can see things adults cannot due to the fact that we have been told that it is not real?  The beginning of this website indicates that ghosts are real people without bodies, and they just need to figure out where to go, or they are telling us something about us.  Any ideas or thoughts from anyone?  I would really prefer somebody with some experience in this matter.  Also, my neighbor across the street just passed away from colon cancer at the young age of 46.  Could it be him?  Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Mark
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 9:48am

I will tell you I believe in the afterlife. For one reason because my gut, or intuition tells me it exists. Then I have read a lot on the subject and I believe the information, as it rings true to me. And listening to people on this site shows me much evidence that coincides with my beliefs. Do I KNOW for certain. No, not yet.  I have not read any evidence that it does not exist either.  I hope to gains the skills necessary to explore the afterlife as people on this site do someday. The afterlife and other phenomena, such as parallel universes,etc. are my favorite topics to discuss an think about.

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 9:53am

Welcome to the board mom of 3,   I sent you a private message. Look above, it should say "Hey, momof3, you have 1 message" ( of course you might have more).  Click on it and you'll be able to read it. If you start your own thread here with your questions, it might be noticed more than if it's just part of this thread... I will respond, in the ways I can, to some of your questions later, when I'm back on this computer. Hopefully others will respond also.  Much love to you my friend,  Tim

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 1:34pm

When my Dad died I "saw" him briefly. He seemed attached to a little root that attached to a big root that attached to a bigger root etc. He said, "Tell your Mother that I feel better than any tme in my life. Pun intended."

I told. My Mom thought I was bonkers. Oh well.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 2:25pm

Hey mom of 3,   Here's something you can try when this phenomena occurs again.  It's called 'sending perfect unconditional love'.  It could also be called 'love for nothing in particular'.  First evoke the feeling of  love in your heart . This can be done by remembering a time of deep love; I've used the image of one of my cats or my partner. ( You might think of your son for instance). Once the feeling is there in a real way, (in present time), let the image go and allow the love to expand. ( kinda natural for love to do).  Then send the love to the energy that is causing disruption in your home; this could be visualized as a ball of light , or any way that feels right for you; it doesn't have to be a visual thing, but it's definitely a felt thing....  The theory is that fear cannot exist in the same place as love.  Try doing this; as a theory it's sweet; but as a practice it's powerful and effective....  Come back here and post your experiences.  You are not alone. These things are more common then you may have realized.     Best to you,   Tim

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 9:13pm

Quote:
I am interested in knowing the reasons why people do or do not believe in the afterlife....Can anyone share? ???

one of the reasons I know theres an afterlife is:
1) spoke to a spirit coming through a medium. was my best friend and he didn't know he was a medium at the time.
2) I asked for some of my five physical senses to be involved in my obe experiences and it was granted. this makes the experience somehow more authentic when you can involve several of the senses, like touch, smell, vision, hearing. the memory is more profound also.
love, alysia...

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 9:40pm

Before I read Bruce's books, I figured there was an afterlife but never really gave much thought as to what it was like. After I read his books, I felt such a resonance with his experiences and knew I had to do them too.  Since then I've visited the afterlife many, many times and I KNOW that's where I've been when I journey there. Just as Mark replied to you, there is a 'gut feeling', a knowing. Wink

Love, Mairlyn  Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 2:32am

about 20 years ago I started having dreams that I would die in and travel around as spirit. Also would dream about friends relatives and my friends relatives on the other side. These dreams taught me the sensation of leaving the phsical body and how our thoughts moved and created our spirit without body. 
Theses things lead me to searching books and people with same experiances.
what is there not to beleive?   Aloha

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #14 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 12:05pm

About 10-12 yrs ago after reading RAM books and realizing that what i was feeling/seeing were not just part of my imagination but was real, t'was a truning point in my life. And then Bruce came along with his teaching and it kind of anchor all those knowings into one.
Since then i truly believe there is an afterlife because of my personal experiences that i had while "THERE".
Thanks to Bruce and Monroe Books and a few more writers who show/paved the way for us to travel/experience on our own, to discover the truth.
'
With love
Romain

IP Logged

Axel
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 3:04am

Hi Maria!Very good question! INfact,although we all have the feeling that the afterlife exists,no one really knows what lays beyond "death".Whether we have experiences or not (OBEs for example),most of the time people will always have different experiences and see different things,given that we always interpret what we see "there".Robert Monroe saw things that other didnt even spot.To me,it obviously exists.I KNOW that it exists,because of the few experiences i have had up to now.But what rings true to me doesnt always ring true to other people,there is no ultimate truth Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.