Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
faith shaken (Read 3788 times)
Polly
Ex Member

faith shaken
Mar 10th, 2005 at 7:29pm

About 7 years ago, my Mom (who has since passed away) had a dream that my brother and sister-in-law would have 3 boys.  My grandmother (who passed in 1982) appeared in the dream holding 3 blue blankets.  The first 2 children my brother and SIL had were boys, but they just found out they're having a girl.  I had always believed in the power of this dream and believed it was a contact from my grandmother.  Now that the third child is not a boy, I'm afraid my faith in these things is a bit shaken.  Am I wrong to feel this way?

IP Logged

SheilaC
Ex Member

Re: faith shaken
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 9:31pm

Hi Polly,

I think your dream could mean many things.  It may have been a message from your Mom, or perhaps not.  I spent a couple years examining my dreams with a Jungian analyst, and would frequently dream of family members.  I learned not to interpret these dreams literally.  Very often, upon reflection, the person in the dream was symbolic of an aspect of myself or a situation I was experiencing in my life at that point.  This doesn't mean you can't communicate with your Mom.  A lot of people who post to this board have good advice about how that can be done.  So I don't think your faith in that needs to be shaken.  Maybe it's just a case of not getting too attached to a certain meaning of this dream.

Then again, those ultrasounds can be wrong!  I know someone who was expecting a girl, and a boy popped out Grin

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 1:40pm

My wife dreamed the sex of our grandkids with about 75-80% accuracy. I'd say that you're doing pretty well to be as accurate as you are. 

However, as SheilaC points out, there's more to it, and the structure of the dream usually carries additional information.
-dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Sasuke

How many flavours does
it take to kill a man?

Canada
Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 5:05pm

Well, maybe the girl will be a tomboy? *shrug* Who knows? Just see how it turns out, it's possible that it wasn't meant literally.

~Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?~

IP Logged

Crying Raven

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Redmond, WA
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2005 at 8:53pm

Hi Polly,

Your mom had the dream 7 years ago, and in that time it may be possible that the 3rd child either changed their mind about being a boy or changed its mind entirely and someone new is coming in who prefers to be a female.

I feel that things happen to shake our faith so that we never stop asking questions and therefore never stop learning new things.  I don't think that the dream was wrong...it's just a little outdated  Wink

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk more.

Crying Raven  
IP Logged

mystic_in_training
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 8:32pm

I agree with some of whats been said here - dreams can't be taken very literally, because the dream world is so misty and symbolic.  When she dreamed about three children, she could have been dreaming about 3 *anything*, even, not necessarily children.  Or just a "bunch" of children.  Or... anything.  I like the idea of the person who said she might be a tomboy!  That could very well be it ; ).

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 9:27pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the responses.  I think you all made good points and I feel much better about it.  THANKS!   Smiley

IP Logged

mystic_in_training
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 9:31pm

I'm glad  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.