Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
something that happened to me today.... (Read 2861 times)
Chris Francombe

bristol, england
something that happened to me today....
Mar 9th, 2005 at 4:43pm

i was browsing this forum and reading about our higher self, and how we can contact it.

it made me realise, 'if it is my higher self, surely i can communicate by any means...and as long as i intend for my higher self to hear the message, then it will happen.'.

so i opened notepad on my computer and started typing to my higher self. i told him to read what i was reading....i then had a feeling as if i was connected to somebody and they were watching through my eyes. i typed about how i've always tried to receive signals that i have a higher self, and that nothing has happened, i wanted a sign, a sign that they existed.

as i finished typing this, i had an image suddenly come to the front of my thoughts, i was playing badminton, but i was looking at myself through somebody elses eyes. this person was watching me play from a balcony, and was wearing a blue sweatshirt...long sleeved, he was leaning on his elbow and seemed very relaxed.

for some reason then i had the idea that i would see this person this afternoon (i was going to play badminton in reality).

the afternoon arrives, we start playing badminton, i'm having a great time with my family.....then i look up at the balcony suddenly, and what do i see? a man wearing a long sleeved blue sweatshirt, leaning on his elbow, watching me at the exact same place on the balcony that i imagined earlier that day.

i was amazed.  really amazed, this couldnt be coincidence, i dont feel that it is.

i do not feel that this person was my higher self, but rather i think that he knew that this person was going to be at that place at that time.......

but wow, i'm so happy.

what do you all think? i've never had anything like this happen before, could it be that i finally have a sign that i can trust? that i can finally believe that i have a higher self?  Grin

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Bedford, U.K.
Re: something that happened to me today....
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 4:55pm

Hi, chris,

What a fantastic experience. Personally, I don`t think it was someone else looking at you - I think it was another you looking at you. I`m not sure if that is a connection to your higher self, but, no doubt, more knowledgeable people on this board will comment on that.
I feel its a pity you couldn`t have gone up to him and started talking to him about what had occurred earlier that day as you finished typing.

Regards, roger  Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 5:51pm

Hi Chris,

Wow, that was intriguing.  I would say to you of course you have a higher self, but I don't know how to prove it to you. 

But since you asked for a sign and then this strange thing happened, you should probably take it as proof.  I have had visions but they have always been through my own eyes, not someone else's.   So perhaps this was a message to you that yes you have a higher self and it is showing you how to look at YOU from another perspective. 

An exercise you can try is to get in a relaxed (meditative) state and send a thought or question to your higher self, and then imagine you as your higher self receiving that message.  The way you do it is to kind of imagine yourself as being in the future and looking back on you right now.  It is a good exercise to train your mind to look at your life from another vantage point. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LightSeeker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 6:27pm

Congratulations Chris! You received an answer from your higher self. Your higher self arranged that little scene to prove to you that you connected. I love it!

Vicky: I like your exercise you posted. I will try that.

LightSeeker

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2005 at 6:58pm

[quote author=chris_francombe]  i was browsing this forum and reading about our higher self, and how we can contact it.
it made me realise, 'if it is my higher self, surely i can communicate by any means...and as long as i intend for my higher self to hear the message, then it will happen.'.
                                                                                                     Yeah Chris! What a great story of acting on your realization. I feel that moment you describe, where the beliefs that say "You can't !" fall away, and YOU see it differently, you see all possibilities. Your feeling of happiness afterwards is something you can certainly trust. As to whether it's a sign from your higher self...sure sounds like it. You say you've never had anything like this happen before?  What a great adventure to embark on! Keep your friends on this site posted about continuing experiences... Vicky: Me too!  I love the excercise you describe, very much.    Best to you my friends,   Tim

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2005 at 5:53pm

Quote:
i was browsing this forum and reading about our higher self, and how we can contact it.

so i opened notepad on my computer and started typing to my higher self. i told him to read what i was reading....i then had a feeling as if i was connected to somebody and they were watching through my eyes. i typed about how i've always tried to receive signals that i have a higher self, and that nothing has happened, i wanted a sign, a sign that they existed.

as i finished typing this, i had an image suddenly come to the front of my thoughts, i was playing badminton, but i was looking at myself through somebody elses eyes. this person was watching me play from a balcony, and was wearing a blue sweatshirt...long sleeved, he was leaning on his elbow and seemed very relaxed.

for some reason then i had the idea that i would see this person this afternoon (i was going to play badminton in reality).

the afternoon arrives, we start playing badminton, i'm having a great time with my family.....then i look up at the balcony suddenly, and what do i see? a man wearing a long sleeved blue sweatshirt, leaning on his elbow, watching me at the exact same place on the balcony that i imagined earlier that day.

i was amazed.  really amazed, this couldnt be coincidence, i dont feel that it is.

i do not feel that this person was my higher self, but rather i think that he knew that this person was going to be at that place at that time.......

but wow, i'm so happy.

what do you all think? i've never had anything like this happen before, could it be that i finally have a sign that i can trust? that i can finally believe that i have a higher self?  Grin

Chris I feel your higher self was communicating with you, and using a form of predictive telepathy that would be more immediately recognisable than some wave of thought or feeling.  I suggest you keep up this mental dialogue whenever you can and see what you can learn.  I advise you to be prepared for some challenging set-ups. HS loves to stretch you.
My own HS connections are long and complex, but if you feel up to it, they're all included in the Conversation Board Archive ...towards the end, last five pages somewhere I think.

best wishes, gordon phinn

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.