Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question, Cheating? (Read 4253 times)
Lilforestmusic
Ex Member

question, Cheating?
Feb 23rd, 2005 at 3:54am

As I read through alot of messages on this board about levels and spirits ect..ect....and how we are here to learn, then we go there to learn..ect...I have to ask a question, and it is not to offend anyone on this board.  It is just that not everyone knowingly goes to these "places" many speak of.  So I wonder if we are really to know about these places while we are here on earth.  Is it cheating? Again, I am not trying to offend, nor do I look down on anyone on this board that goes "there." Obviously I have alot to learn. But I just want to know that if individuals are communicating on the "other side" with others, is it cheating? And how, when and why did this become taboo? Why is it wrong in some peoples eyes? For instance, why was I told during my lifetime that people shouldn't listen to phycics. That phycics are talking to evil...ect..ect...How did this happen? Why don't all of us have the same type of communication?  If the higher power wanted us to communicate to others over there, then  why is it difficult to do so? Or why aren't all of us doing this?  I hope i'm making sense. Again, i'm new here and have alot to learn.   Thanks, L

IP Logged

Linn  Conyers
Ex Member

Re: question, Cheating?
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 3:35pm

Hello,
                          I was brought up as well not to listen to Psychics as they tap into evil, and communication with the dead is evil etc.  I am a practicing Medium these days. But your question is , is this Cheating?  I am not shown everything, just certain things, so if something is not allowed to be seen, then its not shown. In the bible, there were  many many psychics/prophets, and many today talk and pray to Mary, she is deceased, and how about all the folks  who walked the earth, died, then later were declared saints many are still talking and asking things of them. When a loved one dies, just about everyone continues to talk to them , some feel they have to go to the actual grave and chat to them, some talk to them in their heads, but we continue to talk and  to connect  for its natural for we all know deep inside that life continues.  How did this all start, the rules of not communicating? I would say someone used it for personal gain back then, and yes there are those who are doing the same thing now.  So it pretty much goes like in anything else, be sure you find a psychic/medium you can trust, and remember this, its their perception of what they see and hear so everything they see is not written in stone. I wish you well, linn  splinnusa@aol.com   www.spiritlinnusa.com

IP Logged

Cheryl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 8:27pm

Hi,

You know it has kind of always been in my mind to ask why it is exactly or where exactly the line was drawn in the sand that decided that magic, divination and mediumship was something bad or evil.  The Bible is full of divination in the form of prophecy and star gazing(the skies led the magii to Jesus).  The miracles performed were nothing short of magical and surely the conversations with angels, Jesus and God himself must be considered mediumship as these entities existed on the "other side".  I think a lot of things changed during the course of history and what was once considered natural and spiritual became somethng that only certain divinely ordained  individuals had the right to lay claim to.  I do believe that individuals should exercise caution when attempting to communicate with those on the other side as I personally believe not everyone is at peace, hence the need for retrievals, but I don't believe in the horror film type of interchange that keeps so many from attempting to communicate.   Much love,
Cheryl

IP Logged

Mendel

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Frederick, MD
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 10:08pm

Quote:
As I read through alot of messages on this board about levels and spirits ect..ect....and how we are here to learn, then we go there to learn..ect...I have to ask a question, and it is not to offend anyone on this board.  It is just that not everyone knowingly goes to these "places" many speak of.  So I wonder if we are really to know about these places while we are here on earth.  Is it cheating? Again, I am not trying to offend, nor do I look down on anyone on this board that goes "there." Obviously I have alot to learn. But I just want to know that if individuals are communicating on the "other side" with others, is it cheating? And how, when and why did this become taboo? Why is it wrong in some peoples eyes? For instance, why was I told during my lifetime that people shouldn't listen to phycics. That phycics are talking to evil...ect..ect...How did this happen? Why don't all of us have the same type of communication?  If the higher power wanted us to communicate to others over there, then  why is it difficult to do so? Or why aren't all of us doing this?  I hope i'm making sense. Again, i'm new here and have alot to learn.   Thanks, L

First, why do some people have the ability and some people don't? Well, some people are born with the gift of mediumship. Or in my case, the gift of lucid dreaming which leads to astral projection and hence contact with spirits. Just about anybody can learn how to AP but it can take some time of training and some recent technologies like Hemi-Sync sounds. Years ago, before all the technology and techniques, people would learn how to AP using a really dangerous trick. They would poison themselves half to death, and have a near-death experience. From then on, they would have a strong ability to travel to the spirit realm.

Is it cheating? Well, I believe that most people who have natural abilities with mediumship and astral projection are also reasonably spiritually advanced. Therefore, they would not have much desire to use their abilities for "evil" purposes. That said, I guess it's possible in the wrong hands, such skills could be used for devious purposes.

How did it become taboo? That's a great question. I concur with Linn... Orthodox Christians pray to their saints. On the other hand, my friend who was Orthodox Christian was really concerned for me as I started on my astral journeys. He wasn't so much worried I would betray "G-d" He was worried I would be harmed by the evil spirits in the astral. He saw all astral as essentially evil. He gave me a book by an O.C. which refuted New Age knowledge. It has a whole chapter on how Robert Monroe was being deceived by demons while he lurked in the astral. I just can't buy the author's arguments though given my experience.
Unfortunate case in point. My O.C. friend passed away three years ago. I have seen him several times on the other side and had interesting conversations with him. That's a whole story unto itself. Needless to say, he was one of the most gentle souls that I've ever known. Ironic evidence that not all astral spirits are evil and that not all spirit contact is evil. In fact my overall experience would suggest there's mostly good out there - basically a mirror image of the physical world.

-mike

IP Logged

Rebecca
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 7:16pm

Quote:
Hi,

You know it has kind of always been in my mind to ask why it is exactly or where exactly the line was drawn in the sand that decided that magic, divination and mediumship was something bad or evil.  The Bible is full of divination in the form of prophecy and star gazing(the skies led the magii to Jesus).  The miracles performed were nothing short of magical and surely the conversations with angels, Jesus and God himself must be considered mediumship as these entities existed on the "other side".  I think a lot of things changed during the course of history and what was once considered natural and spiritual became somethng that only certain divinely ordained  individuals had the right to lay claim to.  I do believe that individuals should exercise caution when attempting to communicate with those on the other side as I personally believe not everyone is at peace, hence the need for retrievals, but I don't believe in the horror film type of interchange that keeps so many from attempting to communicate.   Much love,
Cheryl

Cheryl a VERY good post and all so VERY true!!  I agree wholeheartedly.  You know what divides us today aside from pride....it's terminology.  Now, I'm speaking here only from the point of view of one who would consider themselves a spiritual person, compared to one who would consider themselves Christian.  We've all chosen different terminology (spiritual people/Christians) to express our own experiences, and if the next person's terminology does not match our own....then their thoughts are not considered valid.  The ironic thing is that, it's all the same experience, parts of the same experience....and we're all fooling ourselves if we think it isn't. 

Good post!!
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2005 at 10:45am by N/A »  

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2005 at 8:02pm

Quote:
As I read through alot of messages on this board about levels and spirits ect..ect....and how we are here to learn, then we go there to learn..ect...I have to ask a question, and it is not to offend anyone on this board.  It is just that not everyone knowingly goes to these "places" many speak of.  So I wonder if we are really to know about these places while we are here on earth.  Is it cheating? Again, I am not trying to offend, nor do I look down on anyone on this board that goes "there." Obviously I have alot to learn. But I just want to know that if individuals are communicating on the "other side" with others, is it cheating? And how, when and why did this become taboo? Why is it wrong in some peoples eyes? For instance, why was I told during my lifetime that people shouldn't listen to phycics. That phycics are talking to evil...ect..ect...How did this happen? Why don't all of us have the same type of communication?  If the higher power wanted us to communicate to others over there, then  why is it difficult to do so? Or why aren't all of us doing this?  I hope i'm making sense. Again, i'm new here and have alot to learn.   Thanks, L

Hi there. Fear of the unknown will cause a people to make snap judgments thus we have the example of the witch burning events. it might have been in those days "cheating." because maybe it seemed unfair that one could tell the future or heal when another could not conceive that such was possible, then they might get the wrong idea, that a prophet or seer or medium must be ursurping for themselves power that did not belong to themselves. thats only one viewing position though. here's another. when I go out I don't go "out." but I do go within my own head/mind. sometimes I see others in my mind and my thoughts about them mingle with their thoughts about me perhaps. then I get from adding 2 plus 2, I might get a new thought, that of the sum of the two. I can hardly be called a cheater if I take the sum and share it with another, a new fresh idea. they might even say to me, I was having the same dream as you. nothing is right or wrong but it is good to try to be a harmless individual to all forms of life for all deserve to be respected even if they disagree with your method of exploration or the definition thereof. Someday mediumship, lucid dreaming and all of those mysteries will be very commonplace. meanwhile, love a good mystery!...

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2005 at 11:13am

Cheating??
Trusting.
I haver never sought out to communicate with spirits/the other side, they have always sought to communicate with me. If somehow I can help others in what ever way through this I do. Also being shown things, events, plots, disasters  and things to come ... is a gift/blessing, but a heavy burden, finding a way to comminicate to the people is a challenge because most people are stuck in a solid dimension of linear fear, questioning and analizing everything and never trusting.  ALOHA

IP Logged

Cheryl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 9:05am

Hi Firequeen,

A good point indeed.  So many people ask for guidance but cannot seem to accept that it is real when it presents itself.  A real pitfal of human nature.  Something too good to be true must not be.  Wink

Love,
Cheryl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.