Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeing it not there (Read 5289 times)
alysia
Ex Member

Seeing it not there
Feb 19th, 2005 at 11:50am

In regards to scarey things that go bump in the night, well, I admit I've taken a lot of Tips from Bruce here and if I had not gotten a lot of tips I could hardly have remained on this forum which I did not create and which he did some years back. I'm still feeling grateful that it was created, so thank you again Bruce, for writing your books for I suspect very little compensation monetarily!
as for those boogie monsters...heres one of my run ins with a monster. just a funny story but showed me a great truth about my path, which looks the same as other paths really. I like to share these stories because then I think maybe others will post their experiences as well, and I like to read about their accounts. face it, we are sociable creatures (I highly promote respectfulness towards one another here and personal experiences I also desire.)
I had a recurring dream in my youth and I couldn't figure out why each night I had to run from a horrible monster, but there I would be running so fast and this thing would be breathing down my neck. Finally one night I thought, well, I can't take this any more. I became terribly lucid. I turned to face my monster and stood my ground. I even spoke to the thing. I said, "ok, this has to change, this pattern, every night I run from you and every night you do not catch me even though you come very close. Tonite you can catch me. What are u going to do to me? I'm so sick of running, so do your best shot. I was resigned to becoming it's toast, yet there was a chance I thought, that I would NOT become toast. I just didn't know how it would go but was willing to take that chance to break a pattern of which was a mere reaction on my part. fight or flight is an instinct the body is born with. I could no longer flee as I was disgusted with this pattern, yet I wasn't in defensive posture either. I was simply standing there to see what would occur and ready for whatever.
pretty soon, this is the funny part...this monster comes loping up out of the darkness; at first it looks fierce and ugley and hairy and brutal but I keep looking anyway because my decision to square off has been made, as I continue focusing on it, I see that it looks a little distracted while continuing to chase me; it didn't expect me to turn around and face it. it sees me then and gets this really surprised look on its face because it knows the gig is up and it says by mental telepathy, I thought u wanted me to chase you?
...and instead of ugley, it looks like a cartoon and all fear leaves me. I get my first clue then about astral matter, or emotions creating my reality pictures for me. the thing now looks scared of me, instead of vice versa. huh? it seems to be saying huh? as my creation, it begins to dissolve in front of me losing it's identification with myself, it no longer has existence.
the same philosophy is inherent in Bruce's books when encountering something that seems to want to do harm to you, you can "see it not there." by not believing in it. the same philosophy is found in ACIM books in that "fear is an illusion."
There are only two emotions: love or fear, and there is nothing in between.
if u start to notice yourself coming from fear you can choose to come from love instead and experiences enter your life based on this viewpoint of what it is you choose to see. we are basically computers insofar as belief systems go. do not be a machine. life is too short to just react to it. turn around, look it squarely in the eye and say "whats yer best shot?"...

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Re: Seeing it not there
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 9:59pm

Herb you're too nice to me. thanks. I don't believe in lower or higher planes anymore. it's all like lumped together. I like Castanenda books too. and as for graduation, that incident was a long time ago. I still didn't get it. not really. I have lived in fear all my life or what you might call timidity. I understand though that there are crucial points in life where you have to face what's coming down, and whenever I did finally get around to that, usually I had blown it all out of proportion to my great relief. I'm still doing that. love ya Herb. alysia

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 9:27am

Quote:

...the same philosophy is inherent in Bruce's books when encountering something that seems to want to do harm to you, you can "see it not there." by not believing in it. the same philosophy is found in ACIM books in that "fear is an illusion."

There are only two emotions: love or fear, and there is nothing in between.
if u start to notice yourself coming from fear you can choose to come from love instead and experiences enter your life based on this viewpoint of what it is you choose to see. we are basically computers insofar as belief systems go. do not be a machine. life is too short to just react to it. turn around, look it squarely in the eye and say "whats yer best shot?"images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/headbang.gif

Hi Alysia,

Thank you so much for posting your story.  I've quoted part of it above as I think this is so important to all of us. 

I, too, have lived a lot of my life releasing fear and replacing it with love and thereby learning, understanding, growing, maturing... healing myself as I believe that is what healing is all about.  It is also what I believe each of us is here to do. 

No matter what a negative thought, word or deed is... it comes from fear.  No matter what a positive thought, word or deed is... it comes from love.  And these are based on belief as you say.

Love, Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

nipper
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 3:53pm

Hi everyone, I`ve only just registered here and find it very interesting, I have an experience I would like to share with you, I dont know any big or fancy words Sad to relay my story to you but hope you can follow it.
My husband and I have been married for 42years, when I first met his parents we got on very well unfortunately his dad died when we were only married 3years, he was a lovely man I liked him an awful lot and think of him often.
Well about seven years ago a medium told me my father-in-law sits on my garden bench admiring the garden (he loved his garden) and since then I have talked to him every night about  the family and how they are all getting on in life and everyday things, It might be coincidence but my eldest daughter was selling her house and it was on the market for about 3years, we gave up hope of her selling it as it wasn`t in a very nice area, although the house itself was lovely,well I told my father-in-law about her and asked him if he could please help, unexpectedly about three weeks later she had an offer for the house which she accepted. I`m sure my father-in-law had something to do with it, when I spoke to him I would get a comforting feeling as if he was beside me, I even asked him, how do I know if you hear me or if you are beside me, a few days later I was sweeping the kitchen floor when I came accross an earring lying on the mat, I`t wasn`t mine or my grandaughters, I phoned my youngest daughter to ask if it was hers, I described it to her, she said she did have ones like that but hadn`t worn them for over a year, and they were in some handbag but she would have a look and let me know. prior to me asking about the earring she had told me, the night before she thought her small daughter had come into her room to ask for the toilet, she was about to get up to take her there but when she sat up no one was there although she heard a rustling noise in the room, she felt a bit uneasy.
The next night she came up to my house feeling a bit nervous, she had one earring in her hand and asked me to show her the one I found, she could not believe it when it was the matching one. now she hadn`t worn them for over a year, they were in an old handbag, and she heard rustlling in her bedroom the night before.
My kitchen floor is swept every day so I would have noticed the earring if it had been lying there before, I`m sure it was my father-in-law letting me know he was beside me and listening and the earring was his way of letting me know. Lots of other small things have happened  which I`m sure is his way of saying he is still here with me.
Coincidences or what, has anyone else had an experience like that.

Hope you can understand my grammer.
Nipper

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 5:23pm

hi Nipper! it's amazing to me, but I do hear stories like this all the time of an item being moved by spirit and showing up elsewhere. I guess it's one way for the spirit to get noticed that they do still live. I know they can hear you in your head talk to them as thats how I began to talk to family spirits, by mental telepathy and feelings. maybe someone else here has an experience like yours. I often wonder if they can make the item disappear in it's atom and re-manifest once they know where they want to place it. excellent idea for him to put the ear ring on your kitchen floor where he must of known you sweep everyday! ha ha!
love, alysia...

IP Logged

vern

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 6:22pm

That reminds me...
I used to have this recurring dream of being attacked by knife or gun.  The last time was a bar scene where this guy points a gun at me and I said,
"Go ahead, I want to see what it feels like"
He shot.
I felt sort of a soft breeze pass through me.
And that was the last time  Smiley

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 6:35pm

Nipper,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiece, I needed that.  I love the way that you continued to connect by visiting in the garden on a regular basis.  It's like a daily phone call to check in with family or friends.  I think that some who have left really need to continue to touch base with us down here.  Some on a regular basis and others only at critical times.  Of course we can always request they leave if it's a problem for either of us.  A few posts back I mentioned that I had just read Feathers Brush My Heart by Sinclair Browning about daughters, mothers, grandmothers and mother-in-laws who let their daughters know they were still around. Your experience had the same flavor of some of the womens in the book and was about the same length of most of the chapters.  The author kept the contributers original tone in each of their tales.  It was as if I could hear each different woman speak in  her own special way. I loved that book but hungered for tales about the many fathers, grandfather, and father-in-laws who also returned to let us know the're still about.  Mine came to visit in a lucid dream.

At the end of the book the author put out a request for more encounters between family members still here and those who have died.  I wished that I had her web address handy for you check out and maybe cut and paste your tale to her but I got the book out of the library. She copywrited each author to give credit at the back of the book.  I think as I recall, it was just www.sinclairbrowning.com/

Thanks again, Jean

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 7:08pm

Quote:
That reminds me...
I used to have this recurring dream of being attacked by knife or gun.  The last time was a bar scene where this guy points a gun at me and I said,
"Go ahead, I want to see what it feels like"
He shot.
I felt sort of a soft breeze pass through me.
And that was the last time  Smiley

you know it's weird but when I read the above I thought of two things; that it could be a nippet of another life of yours, like two players on the stage, you can't have the drama without the other players. i often think we come here just to learn how to die without too much whimper, then we get over "There" and swap tales. the soft breeze was the curtain closing on the final act. every actor slips into the silence of that gentle embrace for a moment, then grabs a beer and shouts WHATS NEXT MATEYS?

IP Logged

nipper
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 6:49am

Jean, I logged on to Sinclair Brownings web site and posted my experience but when I tried to submit it there was an error on the page, I`ll try again later. My husband uses the library often, I`ll ask if he can get that book for me.
Thanks

IP Logged

nrgstream
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 12:43pm

I've also had a recurring nightmare over the years.. it used to be quite scary when I was a kid. I remember dreaming I was tied to a rail road track and I would hear the ghostly sound of the train getting nearer. Over the years it turned into a typical nightmare, where I tried to get away from some kind of menace.

I had a dream like that not too long ago, and after being chased for a while I woke up because it was too boring Smiley

(I guess in some contexts boredom can be useful)

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 3:05pm

Quote:
I've also had a recurring nightmare over the years.. it used to be quite scary when I was a kid. I remember dreaming I was tied to a rail road track and I would hear the ghostly sound of the train getting nearer. Over the years it turned into a typical nightmare, where I tried to get away from some kind of menace.

I had a dream like that not too long ago, and after being chased for a while I woke up because it was too boring Smiley

(I guess in some contexts boredom can be useful)

_____

I think some of these recurring dreams can be past life glimpses although being tied to RR tracks is quite an unusual way to exit stage left, fright alone would propel me from the body in such an incident!

yes I agree boredom is quite a motive to change a pattern of thought or behavior. I believe I was terribly bored with never getting caught! ha ha!

love, alysia....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.