Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
External 'mass' above body - can anyone explain? (Read 3850 times)
Nutmeg
Ex Member

External 'mass' above body - can anyone explain?
Feb 17th, 2005 at 4:48am

Hi everyone.

I have searched this board (and others like it) for an explanation to an experience I had many years ago yet to no avail so I am writing it down with the hope that a knowledgeable member may be able to enlighten me.

In my teens, I was lying in bed, on the top bunk, and had terrible cramp which wouldn't go. I didn't want to get out of bed and 'stamp' it out incase I disturbed the sleeper on the bottom bunk.

Anyway, after finally drifting off to sleep, I was woken abruptly by sensing a heavy 'mass' directly above me and when I opened my eyes, I saw it quickly zoomed straight into my body. The mass was like a white cloud and was longer in length than it was in width, larger than myself, if I recall correctly (it was may years ago).

I had lost my mother to suicide not long before and, in my child's mind, wondered if it was my mother coming to me and, if so, asked her to visit me again on my 18th birthday.

When my 18th birthday arrived, I remembered my request to my mother but didn't give it much thought, not truly expecting anything to happen. However, the day AFTER my 18th birthday, i woke to see a similar shaped mass but this time it was many colours and far away in the corner of the room. I was wide awake and fear took over and, as it did, the mass disappeared. I have never experienced anything like it since and I am now 34.

Can anyone explain what i experienced?

Also, a few weeks ago I lost some I loved very much to a heart attack. In the week before I learned of his death, and just before falling asleep, I would feel a 'fluttering' movement around my feet. I've never experienced this before and it has now stopped. I may be reading too much into it but wondered if it sounded like something anyoneelse had experienced.

Thank you for any insight.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Re: External 'mass' above body - can anyone explai
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 4:54pm

You might be interested in Samuel Sagan's book "Entity Possession", or Edith Fiori's "Unquiet Dead". You may have been picking up :hitchhikers".  A quick check is to look inside and ask if anyone else is in there with you. If so, anyone good at past life regression should be able to help get rid of them. The IBRT site has names of Board Certified PLT workers.

Most of us have a few strays lurking in the background. They're usually frightened, uncomfortable, and earthbound, while their hosts are usually OK. You might use a standard retrieval method to investigate.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 10:59am

Hi Nutmeg and welcome to the board Smiley

I'm not sure about what your first experience could have been although I do not feel that this was some kind of a possession by another entity as each of us is very, very protected.  More so that what a lot of people realize.

Perhaps you consciously experienced your astral body returning to your physical body.  Or perhaps this was healing energy coming from your guidance.  I don't believe you mentioned how it made you feel at the time.  Our feelings usually tell us a lot about our experiences.

Fear comes from not understanding something.  If we can get past the fear coloring an experience we are able to see and feel the significance of it easier.  I suspect that your 18th birthday experience very well could have been your mother as she wanted to let you know that she is never very far from you and continues to love you.

A friend of mine had a similar experience while sitting at the kitchen table where he felt sure his mother had come to comfort him.

Love and peace,
Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Nutmeg
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 3:12am

Thank you Dave and Lights of Love for your replies  Smiley

I hadn't considered that the 'mass' might have been a hitchhiker/separate entity. I love God and don't have any obvious dark side lurking within me so, if present, the 'influence' isn't an evil one thankfully. I have done as you suggested, looked inside and asked if anyone else is in there with me, but nothing. I don't feel as though there is either but am going to research this further, thank you.

Lights of Love, I had considered the 'mass' may have been my astral body returning into my physical body. I somehow managed to fall asleep with the cramp and I wondered if the pain had caused me to leave my body. However, all the accounts I have read about OOB experiences describe rising above and observing the physical body from a distance whereas I would have been in my physical body observing the 'astral' body - is that possible? I haven't read anything like it  ??? Also, that would not account for the second time it happened.

Lights of Love, you suggested what I experienced may have been healing light coming from my guidance. the 'mass' was white (first time) and coloured (second time) but it was not a bright light. I did not feel anything as such when it happened to be honest. I woke because I sensed something moving towards me, I saw it, then observed it fall into my body (I didn't FEEL it enter my body). I cried out aloud in shock waking others in the room who asked me if I was alright. I lay awake for a while and then fell back asleep. Neither my body nor spirit felt any different. I had been in emotional distress for some considerable time prior to the experience, however - my mother had commited suicide and I was being bullied, though I stress this did happen and I wasn't imagining it (I wasn't under that much duress). I did not feel love, as often reported when visited by loved ones.

My experience doesn't seem to be one regularly had by others as I haven't come across anyone else in life or on boards such as this who recognise what it was which is a shame as I would like to know as part of my own spiritual journey.

May I ask what your friend experienced while sitting at his kitchen table? Did he see, or did he feel his mother - or both?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 9:34am

There are somany varieties of experience that I don't know that you will be able to find one just like yours.

I do suggest you try to look at some books because they are better organized than boards are and you can do a more orderly search.

There are many books that talk about different kinds of experiences. Bruce's books have many stories in them and you might find something there that enhances your understanding of your experiences. You might need to repeat some of these experiences to begin to understnad them and Bruce's techniques might help you achieve that.

Another interesting book is William Buhlman's The Sevret of the Soul. This is interesting because Buhlman solicited descriptions of individualss experiences and he got many replies and talks about them in his book. He also gives his take on different body levels (physical, astral, etc. I don't know if everyone agrees on his version but it is a place to start understanding that stuff.

I think you will be surprised if you start looking at books because there is alot of material written on these topics yet your questions don't sound as though you have looked into this information in depth.  Of course, asking people on boards does give you a chance to meet that individual who may have had an experience just like yours. Having unusual experiences such as you describe turns out to be not so unusual. Also I'm not convinced that each experience you had can be described by the same cause.

If you check the archive here you will find descriptions of some pretty interesting experiences.

IP Logged

Nutmeg
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 10:51am

Thank you Lucy, that was a very helpful reply and I shall do as you suggest.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 2:38pm

Hi Nutmeg,

My friend told me about an experience he'd had sitting at the kitchen table while waiting until it was time to leave for his mother's funeral.  He described seeing a mass of multi-colored light across the room which slowly moved toward him.  He believed this to be his mother. 

He said he felt her caress his shoulders very gently like she was giving him a gentle hug.  He also said that it felt like her energy was enmeshed with him and that he felt a tremendous amount of love during the experience. 

As he told me about this tears of joy welled up in his eyes and he was overcome with emotion even though over 2 years had passed.  Remembering this and talking about it was a very healing experience for him.  He was able to work through many of the issues he'd had with his mother and heal them.      

Good luck with your search Smiley

Love and peace,
Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.