Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does the spirit have a body that is (Read 13655 times)
Bob McKelvy

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Rockport Texas
Re: Does the spirit have a body that is
Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 2:18pm

Most of us are used to perceiving our day-to-day life with our minds as we catalog the events in our life. We also perceive the world around us with our hearts. Pretty much the way the mind does. With the heart, it is more intuitive (feeling) “I have a feeling that.” I know there is a lot more to this. I’m just presenting this from my perspective based on experience. Bruce talks a lot about using the heart instead of the mind in his Curiosity series. Most of us have been doing this anyway. That’s why we are here on this board. I’ve noticed that everything has it’s own unique energy signature. Sort of like a fingerprint so to speak. When we start using the heart, we start going with the energy signature to perceive and know the world around us. These unique I.D.’s go far beyond all of the dimensions, time and space. This is usually what is happening when you see a complete stranger and have the very strong feeling that you know that person. You are recognizing that person by their energy ID. There are also many people who you have established a love bond with that is carried far beyond time and space, as we know it. You have known them forever even though it has only been a few short hours. These bonds form the basis for cosmic family relationships where they are interacting with each other with multiple dives together down here. People like Linn, Sylvia Browne, and John Edwards pick up on the energy I.D’s of the people who have passed over. That’s how they bring the info back. Their acting as translators. While were at it. We have names down here. On the other side, names fade out. We go with their energy ID instead that we perceive with our heart. That’s why most of your guides are not particular about you giving them a name. The use of a name is only for your own benefit. This reminds me of a scene from the musical XANADU, which has always been a favorite movie of mine. In one of the scenes, a lovesick man crashes into another dimension and meets Zeus. In the ensuing conversation, he ask’s Zeus how he knew his name. Zeus tells him that we do not use those old fashioned names up here. Jumping back to those two boys that stole my bicycle. Their energy ID stood out. I always knew when they were in my area. The Adventure Continues!
Love Bob  Smiley

The Spiritual Adventure Continues .
Bob McKelvy Bob McKelvy Enter your address line 1 here bob.mckelvy.5@facebook.com  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 3:05pm

Bob, thank you so much for posting this. This helps me to understand more too.  Now I understand more completely why I have such a 'heart' pull to some people.  Herb is one. I had a dream about him the other night. I told him but didn't post it anywhere.  I had such a feeling of LOVE for and from him and it was all heart love, not romantic nor sexual, just Pure Unconditional Love.  Bob, you are another and Bruce and Jeff and Alysia and Gordon and so many more (I think you know who you are). Cheesy

Much Love,
Mairlyn     Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Dora
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 3:10pm

Scott,

Quote:
Ultimately we are borne out of pure consciousness. There is no body in that state.

Based on my understandings and experiences we are consciousness period. The only difference between *here* and *there* that we choose to manifest in physicality, and with that choice we agree" as this physical dimension "blueprint" that we manifest in body, AND agreed to apply  "belief systems" without NO exception...

Quote:
Hence, we associate ourselves with a body in defining self here and in the astral but pure spirit consciousness has no deed and in such a plane of existence simply won't.  

The biggest difference is that most individual due to the rigid and unmovable -knowing the truth-  beliefs  seeing themselves as a single "entity" therefore seeing themselves as a "thing". so body is a thing here, then we have to  be a  *thing* there also, *here* is a lower or higher direction here then it has to be* there* also..based on the  never examined or understood separation and duplicity beliefs...  

I  could share my own understanding but certainly not with this clarity as the following...

ELIAS: “Everything, every thing, underline three times, is composed of links of consciousness, for there is no existence that is not consciousness!”

ELIAS: “You are not a shell! You do not possess a vessel! You are not a boat floating upon a river! You are not a vase containing flowers! You are a magnificent expression of extremely complicated arrangements of links of consciousness which physically manifest into matter of atoms and molecules that you manipulate.

ELIAS: “Let us view the workings of consciousness – what IS consciousness – and the distinctions of essence and consciousness. You may notice throughout this information that I express a distinction between essence and consciousness. Essence is consciousness, but there is consciousness that is not essence. Essence is also unlimited. This be the area that is very difficult for your understanding within physical focus, for you are so very accustomed to thinking in singular terms. All that you create within your physical dimension moves in this direction.

“You create things. You identify things. Even things that you may not see you classify as things, and this creates great difficulty within your thinking and your imagining of how there may be an element that is not a thing and that may be some quality in itself but unbounded simultaneously, that may be thought of in the manner of a distinction but not separate....

“In this, I have spoken previously of links of consciousness. Links of consciousness are not things either. They are elements of consciousness, but they hold no form. They are not within what you term to be a time framework, although they may be inserted into a time framework, but the time framework itself is comprised of links of consciousness, and these links of consciousness have no necessary space arrangement. They exist within all space arrangements simultaneously and within all time frameworks simultaneously.

(Intently) “Essence is not separate and apart from consciousness. There is no separate and apart from consciousness. There is no boundary to consciousness. There is no limit to consciousness. Therefore, there is no thing, no element, no action outside of consciousness, for there is no outside. Within consciousness, the configuration of these links of consciousness creating personality tone is the designation of essence.

“You are thinking of your essence as a ‘thing’ – an ‘entity.’ As I explained, I am not an entity. You are not, either. An entity denotes a separate thing. You are not a thing.”

Quote:
When you say "obviously everyone is free to choose their own beliefs, you have yours i have mine" - while containing essential truth, it is a whole whole lot less apparent than you seem to appreciate.

It matters not.... we all resonate materials according to our own awareness, in my beliefs that is just different, in others view  I'm wrong... Grin the difference is that I understand that the only thing I KNOW, that I  know nothing, and that certainly set me free from the battle of "truth fighting" and I'm not slave of my own beliefs...

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 3:49pm

When God created the earth,and all that was in the earth,he said let us make man in our own emage and likeness.Who was he talking to when he said this.some say it was Jesus,but others say it was someone else.Who do you think he was talking to.George

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 4:31pm

Quote:
Does the spirit have a body that to them,fells and looks solid?.If this is so,than that would explain why they after passing ofer would think they are alive and not dead.I know I have seen spirits that look solid to me.I would like to know how they look to other people who have seen them.George

_________
yes, George, I believe based on a retrieval I did where I could "feel" by tactile touch the girl's body as warm and as solid as any body I have ever touched, so I do believe that this condition of perception can be just as "real" as our physical bodies are now appearing to be real. also I have been an orb once complete with all my other senses I use in the physical body except I could see in back of me as well. also there is a state of awareness one can be in where there is no apparent body until desire to have one takes effect. apparently we can have our cake and eat it too. George, you have become a lightworker here of substantial value! I thank you for your presence and your interesting questions.

love, alysia
images.bravenet.com/common/images/smilies/enlighten.gif

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2005 at 5:11pm

George,

Your quote; When God created the earth,and all that was in the earth, he said let us make man in our own image and likeness.  (Sorry, haven`t figured out how to box the quote)

Is that really the case when we see from our scientists how man has evolved since first appearing on earth, in looks, stature and intelligence?
Or am I reading your quote too literally?

I find it hard to reconcile that statement with God. Also, who would have been able to record what he said?
Btw, I do believe in God.

regards, roger.   Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 2:17am

Quote:
George,

Your quote; When God created the earth,and all that was in the earth, he said let us make man in our own image and likeness.  (Sorry, haven`t figured out how to box the quote)

Is that really the case when we see from our scientists how man has evolved since first appearing on earth, in looks, stature and intelligence?
Or am I reading your quote too literally?

I find it hard to reconcile that statement with God. Also, who would have been able to record what he said?
Btw, I do believe in God.

regards, roger.   Smiley

Personally, I interpret the creation story in the Book of Genesis in a looser, more metaphorical sense than what fundamentalist Christians believe.  I believe it is possible to reconcile the Biblical story of creation with scientific theories such as the Big Bang and evolution of species (albeit with modifications requiring divine intervention to accomplish creative purposes).  For example, there could have been a Big Bang, and this corresponds to when God said "Let there be light."  There could be evolution of species and this corresponds to the six-day progression in which life on earth was created according to the Genesis account, each day representing an age or epoch.  God planned it and determined it, but it happened through the functioning of physical laws over long periods of time.  God works in mysterious ways that are sometimes not easily provable as divine intervention, but they really are.  I see it as more a teleological issue rather than a question of precisely how God accomplishes His will.  Some Christians will debate against evolution until their face turns blue, but I think they're missing the point.  Physical evolution combined with teleological divine purpose can be just as glorious as a more literalistic method of creation.

As for man being created in God's image, I don't think that means the physical body.  I think it means that we are spiritual beings like God, with His attributes latent within us.  We are like the spiritual offspring of God and therefore are part of His family in a metaphorical sense.

Freebird

P.S.  To box a quote, you can hit the "quote" button instead of the "reply" button, or you can use quote tags -- put the word quote in brackets at the beginning of the text you wish to quote, and then again at the end, but with a / (the forward slash character) before the word quote.

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 12:14pm

Quote:
Roger........I do know that we each have an energy signature that we are identified with.  I don't know anything about it, but Bob McKelvy who posts on here too, might be able to explain it better.  I became aware of the energy signature when he wrote to me one day probably 2 years ago and said that he had seen me teaching at TMI THERE.  I wrote back that that was very interesting as I had no idea that I teach 'there', and what was I teaching. And how did he know it was me.  Bob replied that there was no mistaking my energy signature, that we all have them, and that's how we know who we're talking to/dealing with.  I have yet to understand this as I see souls 'with bodies' (I guess my belief system) and also see souls as Light Beings but I don't recognize their 'energy signature.'

Bob went on to tell me that a man named Marvin had told him to go and see me teach.  In describing the man, it was my father. Wink

Anyway, perhaps we can get Bob to relate more on 'energy signatures.'

Love, Mairlyn

Cheesy

_______

I remember when Bob posted this Lucid dream/obe on the board way back when Mairlyn. I got a sense it was true then and just today as u relate it i felt that whomp of energy in the head area that you are familiar with also receiving when you know something is true. just wanted to support you here that I'm in agreement that you are indeed a teacher, and that in a holographic sense, all of us are "more than we seem" to be outside the movie of our physical lives. thank you always for your gentle input. I for one know certainly whatever Bob dreams is completely true and have met with him on occassion out there to receive my confirmation as well as healing energy I have received from him. Something has happened to you too Marilyn, I have watched the change in you and applaud  it over the years. I have not attended your classroom but often feel my energy around you and have kept you in my mind always as somebody to watch closely. Lately you have wowed me here on the board so there is a strong connection definetely or perhaps we are creating it which is not to say it is less valid. Precisely is the question, we know not who we are in completion here, as Bob has also told me I do not know who I am either. he was right. drat. I don't know all my "others" and druthers that I might be. still, I believe in PUL to widen our awareness of who we are and you demonstrate this in your way. and if you have not love, you have nothing (DP is starting to rumble, hee.) he says in all your getting get yourself love. my desire is aligned with yours in that this board remain the loving family in sharing that it has always been and that judgment be not passed around so carelessly in condenscending manner of superior belief systems put forth. but you know this already and I know you know this. there is in each of us here a spark so I hope the sharing continues from people's hearts and not soley from the intellect which can be in error and exclusion of other's beliefs to the point of viciousness and some know not even how a badly placed word can be like a dagger. there really is nothing to prove you know. we need to listen to each other better my opinion. whoops, rambling again...you see how I need this board? have a good trip my dear, I know you shall be flying here shortly to another residence.
...   love, alysia

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #23 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 12:52pm

Thank you dearest Alysia. I'm not trying to cause any trouble here, only trying to get things back on track to the loving open forum that this was and can still be. I remember when it was a joy to read of other's experiences, question them yes, but not try to make someone feel that it was all in their head (which basically it is LOL because it's all a journey inward, even to the afterlife).  The newbies have no idea what it was like before. I was so excited because I had read Bruce's first 3 books and wanted to learn all I could and when I faltering posted my first retrieval, was so thrilled when Bruce said it was a class textbook retrieval.  What is the last retrieval posted here?  There's hardly any talk of retrievals anymore.  I realize that times change but I refuse to buy into all the negativity that has resulted from the skepticism.

No, no one has to believe it because we say it's true. If only people would find out for themselves instead of putting people's experiences down. As you know Alysia, no one can convince anyone else of KNOWNS.  They come from direct experience.

Much Love dear friend,
Mairlyn   Cheesy

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 1:32pm

Quote:
Thank you dearest Alysia. I'm not trying to cause any trouble here, only trying to get things back on track to the loving open forum that this was and can still be. I remember when it was a joy to read of other's experiences, question them yes, but not try to make someone feel that it was all in their head (which basically it is LOL because it's all a journey inward, even to the afterlife).  The newbies have no idea what it was like before. I was so excited because I had read Bruce's first 3 books and wanted to learn all I could and when I faltering posted my first retrieval, was so thrilled when Bruce said it was a class textbook retrieval.  What is the last retrieval posted here?  There's hardly any talk of retrievals anymore.  I realize that times change but I refuse to buy into all the negativity that has resulted from the skepticism.

No, no one has to believe it because we say it's true. If only people would find out for themselves instead of putting people's experiences down. As you know Alysia, no one can convince anyone else of KNOWNS.  They come from direct experience.

Much Love dear friend,
Mairlyn   Cheesy

ah, yes, I remember well. I posted as a newbie hoping for confirmation of my own very first retrieval and Bruce responded affirmatively. i had not been sure I had been of much use to the young man in the alley so it was suggested I could return. I did return and found all was well. really, first time retrievers can be expected to not always get it right. then as the board took off and running we drifted away from retrieval postings and somehow it was rumored that Bruce wanted more retrievals posted.....I asked him then, using him as teacher, how many shall I do a week? he said "oh, I do two or three." completely in the imaginative method I set off to do 2 or 3 a week. lo and behold i was soon off and running myself into unseen and unknown areas of mankind and spiritual awareness by imploying the imagination method which was suspect all along but I knew doubts were a part of the process due to reading his book "Beyond All Doubt." then I sort of bottomed out on retrievals. Bruce then on the board gently informed me I was now to go into other areas of exploration. such as perhaps to the library, akashic records, there was so much more to explore beyond retrievals and I was being nudged into it by the board members also. mostly guides directed me to self retrievals and everyone became me, and I became humanity as I saw we were all on similar journeys..being human, but we were really immersed in the illusion of humanity. this is not our home in other words. so my point is there comes a time when all the retrievals become deeply personal and to share them and to recieve a hurtful word from a skeptic who believes you are quite deluded takes a measure of courage not to get sucked into the negativity and realize they are where they are and do not mean for you to take it personally into your heart what they are expressing in their differences. you're right, u are not causing trouble or trying to and I hear what u are saying and support it. I like Tim's? quotation: be gentle with one another as you cannot know another's struggle here.

love, alysia...

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #25 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 11:18am

Alysia,

I think what’s happening is that we have posters/readers coming from a minimum of three angles. The first and probably the originals were/are those who wanted to continue the journeys described by Monroe, Moen and others and keyed in Bruce’s web site directly.  That’s how I came here 3-4 years ago and continue to do so. The second group is coming to this site by browsing “afterlife” seeking answers about the afterlife and come with an “empty cup”.  They since have become more and more involved in experiencing the afterlife directly and sharing their stories.  I love reading their input. The third group surfs the web “afterlife” to confirm or debate what they believe about the general category “afterlife” but basically come with a “full cup”.  Personally boring (to me) but they need to have their say too because, after all, they just might have something interesting or challenging to say/learn or I might.   

The web has become a wonderful tool to connect with information and share with others what can sometimes be a lonely existence.  The web can also be used to obfuscate any issue while at the same time getting your name in print to a wider audience.   It’s a wonderful thing that more and more of us are able to read/write/study, write long papers and even cut and paste other writers to argue a point.  But what I gain the most from is people’s personal experience with those who have left the physical plane.  These truly comfort me especially since I have become involved in the mental health field.  When I go to work and listen to the stories, those “crazies” they aren’t so crazy after all.  It’s a shame that the best we have to offer them is “better life through chemistry” and that Monroe and Moen would be considered crazy in my field. My “clients” stories parallel my experiences and those of the authors I’ve read on many nonphysical encounters including those on this board and have yet to contain anything really unfamiliar.

I love this board but also have problems when seeking what I came here in the first place because much of what is currently happening is bordering on the proselytizing of personal belief systems. It’s becoming more difficult to weed through the monologues to get to meat of personal stories.  These other topics may be interesting in themselves and definitely old and familiar, but don’t comfort me in my personal journey through the later years of my life. The Monroe/Moen related material does and the personal accounts on this board do.  But then again, I’m getting a first hand education on limited belief systems that individuals (including myself) hold that prevent themjkeyes from realizing that theyjkeyes are more than there/my bodies and that they/I can learn this through first hand experience.

I “live” for your postings and those of the many others who resonate with this site, all give so freely with love.  Thanks & keep up with the good work.  Take HEART and welcome to the “now” where we each (including the monologers with full cups ) are so connected/intertwined with each other due to technology and our increased awarness. All must continue to be welcome to contribute or we'll wind up resembling a religion.   

Jean          

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Re: heartened by Jean...
Reply #26 - Feb 19th, 2005 at 6:42pm

Thank you Jean for speaking from my heart. you are well spoken and articulate, I could go on and it wouldn't be just flattery. I think I'm about over that stage. there are some here who have asked for personal accounts and experiences such as we find in Monroe and Moen books and although this board could not be so presumptious as to be able to establish the existence of an afterlife for every single person seeking to know, yet you are right, personal stories that have to do with experiences along these lines have been the only kinds of books I ever been able to read with anything close to concentration. so with that in mind my friend, you have inspired me to ....did I ever tell u about the time my sister became a crow? lol! tune into the front forum...I'm on a roll!

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #27 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 9:01am

Quote:
I’ve noticed that everything has it’s own unique energy signature. Sort of like a fingerprint so to speak. When we start using the heart, we start going with the energy signature to perceive and know the world around us. These unique I.D.’s go far beyond all of the dimensions, time and space. This is usually what is happening when you see a complete stranger and have the very strong feeling that you know that person. You are recognizing that person by their energy ID. There are also many people who you have established a love bond with that is carried far beyond time and space, as we know it. You have known them forever even though it has only been a few short hours. These bonds form the basis for cosmic family relationships where they are interacting with each other with multiple dives together down here. People like Linn, Sylvia Browne, and John Edwards pick up on the energy I.D’s of the people who have passed over. That’s how they bring the info back. Their acting as translators. While were at it. We have names down here. On the other side, names fade out. We go with their energy ID instead that we perceive with our heart. That’s why most of your guides are not particular about you giving them a name.

Bob, thank you so much for posting this.  You have clearly put it into words for me and explained why I see and talk to people on the other side and I know them well... yet I don't know their name.

Love, Kathy Smiley

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.