Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doppelganger dreams (Read 4533 times)
freebird
Ex Member

Doppelganger dreams
Feb 10th, 2005 at 10:46pm

Hello friends,

Recently I have had three dreams in which I saw myself -- a doppelganger.  I looked the same age as I am now.  In the most recent dream, I approached my doppelganger and he approached me, and then we literally merged into one another, with sort of an electrical vibrating sensation.  It was a little bit uncomfortable or startling.

I looked up on Google to find out about doppelganger dreams, and the stuff I found said they usually mean an omen of death or awareness of mortality.  I am prepared to accept that explanation, but I am also curious if there are any other possibilities.  Any thoughts?

BTW, I also recently had a dream in which my mother saw her doppelganger, who also looked identical to her current age.  In the dream, I actually took her to meet her doppelganger.  When she saw her, she screamed in horror!

Thanks for any input anyone can provide about these dreams....

Freebird

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Re: Doppelganger dreams
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 12:11am

Quote:
Hello friends,

Recently I have had three dreams in which I saw myself -- a doppelganger.  I looked the same age as I am now.  In the most recent dream, I approached my doppelganger and he approached me, and then we literally merged into one another, with sort of an electrical vibrating sensation.  It was a little bit uncomfortable or startling.

I looked up on Google to find out about doppelganger dreams, and the stuff I found said they usually mean an omen of death or awareness of mortality.  I am prepared to accept that explanation, but I am also curious if there are any other possibilities.  Any thoughts?

BTW, I also recently had a dream in which my mother saw her doppelganger, who also looked identical to her current age.  In the dream, I actually took her to meet her doppelganger.  When she saw her, she screamed in horror!

Thanks for any input anyone can provide about these dreams....

Freebird

dopplegander, interesting word, goes way back I think, was thinking about seeing that in old esoteric books, but think it means double. to see your double or etheric body, astral body, in my case it was what I called my higher self, or even future self. She, my double, was future self in the regard that she certainly had no problems that I had, and she appeared to have no ego either. as a matter of fact she was quite unbelievable for my side of it. gives new meaning to the phrase " I was beside myself." have a theory going about holographics. take an old piece of photograph with just a corner of it, a negative is made; the entire photograph can be reproduced from just a corner of the photo this way, an invisible pattern manifests. I think the human is also this way, if cloned from a cell. so how many of us are there? lol. hard to say. have to just get poetic and say we are all part of the tapestry of humanity. love, alysia

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Re: Doppelganger dreams
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 2:04am

Quote:
dopplegander, interesting word, goes way back I think, was thinking about seeing that in old esoteric books, but think it means double.

Yes, doppelganger is a German word meaning your personal double.  I think the word might have been coined by Karl Jung, but I'm not sure of that.

Quote:
so how many of us are there? lol. hard to say.

I have head in some accounts of NDEs that we are able to exist in more than one place at the same time.  There is also the concept of soul fragmentation and retrieval of fragments promoted by psychotherapist William Baldwin and others.  Interesting stuff.

Thanks for your reply.

Freebird

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.