Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grandmother seeing visions at deathbed (Read 7306 times)
nrgstream
Ex Member

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Grandmother seeing visions at deathbed
Jan 31st, 2005 at 2:19pm

Hello,

I've often read that elderly, when they are close to death, become more aware of "the other side".

I just heard that my grandmother passed away after being ill for a long time. In the days before she died, she started to hallucinate, looked up at the ceiling and talked to people that (seemingly) weren't there. My grandparents are deeply religious people. She talked about seeing her mother again and seeing Jesus. The day before she died, my grandmother thanked the hospital personell and said she had prepared for the journey. She passed away quietly during the night.

Now, I haven't had any direct experience myself, but I gather from what I've read that this was a smooth transition?

Also, the part about looking up at the ceiling reminds me of when my sister was a kid, she used to excitedly point up in the air and say "Look, look!". I had no idea what she meant back then, so I just played along. Smiley

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Grandmother seeing visions at deathbed
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 3:59pm

This sounds to me like a perfect transition. YES  Wink
It's wonderful when someone goes like this. Thanks for telling us.  Cheesy

Love,
Mairlyn Cheesy

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

goldyflocks

england
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 4:11pm

Cheesy Yes, I have often heard of storys like yours! It brings a nice smile to myself everytime. Thank you for sharing! xx

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2005 at 8:05pm

It's not just the "elderly" who see these things.  My Mom died from cancer last year and had a similar experience.  She saw relatives and even a friend who kept reappearing.  She hadn't seen this friend in 30 years so I thought it was strange that this person kept appearing.  Some of the visions she had were disturbing though so I'm not sure what to make of that, but for the most part, she seemed comforted by what and who she saw.

IP Logged

Joan1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 12:57pm

This topic really interested me when I first started hearing people talk about it.  My mother passed almost 6 years ago now with Parkinsons Disease.  Mom had long ago lost the ability to talk to us, and I remember when the Hospice nurse arrived she told my dad -- first not to talk about anything concerning mom's illness in front of her (mom), as you never know what she might pick up.  Secondly, that he (dad) might walk into the bedroom at some point and find mom's arms raised up toward the ceiling.  The nurse to just put them down gently for her if he did find her this way (which he did twice). 

I have since read a number of books about deathbed visions and that they go quite far back in history, with family's gathering at a dying persons bedside to hear about the family members from the other side that come through to talk. 

Really interesting stuff.  One of the books I would recommend highly is "One Last Hug Before I Go : The Mystery and Meaning of Deathbed Visions" by Carla Wills-Brandon.  An exceptional book that I couldn't put down once I started it.  This book explained the arms being raised on a person preparing for death.

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 2:06pm

Hi, nrgstream,

Thank you for a lovely posting about your grandmother`s passing, which was obviously a nice transition for her and well prepared.

I would just add, however, I think it`s a shame you said, "..., she started to hallucinate,...", since a dictionary definition of hallucinate is Perceive what is not there; have illusions. How could anyone know what your grandmother did or didn`t see during her final days in the physical, other than her? I totally believe in the Afterlife and I am convinced your grandmother DID see the people she talked to, i.e. she did not hallucinate. To her they would have been as real as the nurses looking after her. We know spirits can visit us in various ways.
I hope when my time comes it is as nice and prepared as hers was.

regards, roger 

Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

nrgstream
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 1:55am

Hello Roger,

yes you are right. I used the word hallucinate deliberately, as that's how it probably would come across for most people who aren't interested in the afterlife subject. But I didn't clarify that any further.

When my dad relayed the news to me, I got the impression that he didn't think of her visions as any more than that.. signs that she was approaching death (body breaking down and so on). I answered to him that I'd heard such often was a normal part of the process, and didn't press the subject any further (but in my mind I was thinking 'yay, those are good signs')

Her body is being buried today, which also happens to be her birthday.

Smiley
-nrgstream

IP Logged

Lilforestmusic
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 3:01am

Before my grandmother passed away from lung cancer..she was being taken care of by the family at her home. Sometimes hospice was there. Yes, she was on heavy pain meds..but before she passed, my mom and I were sitting in the room where she was. She  kept picking up this invisible ball and rolling it towards this invisible being. She had such a pleasant smile on her face. She kept repeating a name of a little boy she was playing with. My mom told me that it was her little baby son my grandmother had lost some 40 years ago. I spent the night shifts looking after my grandmother. The family said why don't you take a breather and just go out, hang with your cousins. I agreed. While I was away..I got a very sick feeling in my stomach. The kind of stomach ache that feels like you've been punched. When I finally arrived back to my grandmothers home..my mother and aunts greeted me and said that she was gone. They hadn't called anyone yet, and just as they told me the news of her passing..my brother called on the phone from a different state..it was about 2 in the morning. He wanted to know if she was doing fine. They told him she passed away and he said he knew something was wrong..he just knew it because he had the worst stomach ache come on out of the blue. When we all finally crashed and went to bed. My mom walked up to me in the morning and said that mawmaw had visited her last night. She said she felt her mom sit next to her while she lay in bed. The matress kind of pushed down at her side. She said it was her to say her good byes.

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 3:20am

Hi again, nrgstream,

Thank you for your reply and I can now see why you said what you did. It`s also nice to read what you were thinking in your mind.

I also wish to thank the other members who have posted their stories so far - all lovely reading.

Regards to all,
roger    Smiley

The past is history, the future is a mystery.&&Today is a gift, that`s why it`s called the present.&&Let yourself enjoy today. It will never come again.&&&&&&Butterfly.

IP Logged

Polly
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 7:01pm

For the record, I'd just like to say that my Mom had these visions too (see my post above) and she was NOT on ANY pain medications or medications of any type.  I know doctors and those in the medical field like to say the visions are caused by the drugs, but then how do you explain what happened with my Mom?

IP Logged

Linn  Conyers
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 7:11pm

Hello,

I posted about my father-in-law 's passing some time ago but wanted to share a bit more about it. The last day or so before he passed, his breathing being quite labored, he would stare at certain areas in the room, I tuned into the area that his eyes traveled to and saw some of his old bowling buddies that were already in spirit ., the room would then begin to fill up from his friends from spirit side, encouraging him to let go and be out of his tired old body. He had his family members from spirit side there too , but I think the fellow holding the bowling ball and saying come on , well that looked pretty enticing ,,lol,,,,,love linn http://www.spiritlinnusa.com

IP Logged

roger prettyman

Bedford, U.K.
Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2005 at 10:56am

Linn,

Thanks for yet another good confirmation posting about those who are near to passing over and what they see.
What more confirmation do we need about the Afterlife awaiting us all in due course.

Regards,
roger   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.