Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If reincarnation is a fact than we (Read 2724 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

If reincarnation is a fact than we
Feb 8th, 2005 at 5:01pm

If reincarnation is a fact,than we may never remember the spirit world.If are life times are all maped out in the begining,it will be a sleep and a awakening.And when we are back here again,we will think it is our first time here.This is something we all have to work on.It is something that we have forgotten.Any thoughts.? George.

IP Logged

scottyswotty
Ex Member

Re: If reincarnation is a fact than we
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 6:46pm

i have always thought about that.  Same logic would apply to astral travel and communication when you are in sleep state at night.

Its like a 'being in the present moment' thing. You experience everything in a present moment but forget when it has passed and cant recall any of the experience.

It shows how much of our experience as humans is based on memory and recall.

I think that in a linear sense, as we evolve, some of our future selves will hold that remembrance as the veil of separation begins to fall away.    

Its more that we are identifying this focus with being everything but there are other elements of us NOW that do recall.      Very difficult to explain though I guess.   Have a look at some Elias channellings...

IP Logged

freebird
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 11:01pm

Quote:
i have always thought about that.  Same logic would apply to astral travel and communication when you are in sleep state at night.

Its like a 'being in the present moment' thing. You experience everything in a present moment but forget when it has passed and cant recall any of the experience.

It shows how much of our experience as humans is based on memory and recall.

Yes.  I have thought about this too.  I think that's the main reason why dreams seem less real than waking reality -- because in dreams we have no short term memory, only the present moment.  Some of my dreams are visually as vivid as regular waking reality, but the lack of short term memory and self-consciousness deprives even these vivid dreams of a sense of full-blown reality.

I think the afterlife would have to include the faculty of short term memory or else it really would be quite limited, a step down from life on earth, basically just a dreamworld.  Many NDE accounts I have read also say that they had full access to memory -- in fact superior memory capabilities than during life on earth.

Quote:
I think that in a linear sense, as we evolve, some of our future selves will hold that remembrance as the veil of separation begins to fall away.

I agree.  I think there will come a time in the future when the spiritual world will merge with the physical world, and the veil between "living" and "dead" will be rent asunder.  As a Christian, I personally believe this will take place when Christ returns to earth along with the (departed) saints from throughout history, and the saints alive on earth will be transformed to gain spiritual/astral bodies according to the prophecy of the Apostle Paul.  It is at this time that people will finally be able to remember their entire past, whatever lives in different planes, whether earthly or non-earthly, they have ever had.

I am undecided about reincarnation, although very much open to the possibility.  One thought I have is that perhaps reincarnation is when a part of the spirit splits off and enters a new physical body, while part remains in the spiritual world.  The part that didn't reincarnate is one's "higher self" and can perhaps be accessed in dreams and visions.  When one "dies" or leaves the physical body, the part of one's spirit that had split off is reunited with the part that remained in the spiritual plane, and one's person regains wholeness rather than the conscious/subconscious split we experience during life on earth.  That's just my own little theory I've been thinking about lately.

Freebird

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 12:49pm

Interesting idea. I hope you follow it up in the next few months, years ...

Some people recall past lives, often clearly. The interlife when they end appears to be recalled by metaphor.  If you read lots of different investigators, you'll find that whlle the overall theme is roughly constant, everyone interprets the interlife differently, and more or less in terms that the investigator is looking for. (There's a major problem of objectivity in researching this!)

Based on roughly 1000 hours of regressions, I figure that about 20% of past life regressions seem to have jumps that leave one life and immediately start another, while about 5% seem to have events  that occur out of temporal sequence. For example, a woman felt guilty about losing her kids over a cliff in a storm, then experienced life as a rabbit that was killed by a hunter, then back to a life in the modern world.

Part of the problem of figuring out what "actually happens" is that we have only a very poor idea of what the "spirit world" actually is. There's nothing wrong with the various metaphorical expressions. They all are descriptive of one essential process. But we have no demonstrably objective description.

Leaving one life, dreaming a while, and waking to another life isn't too far off. Often we forget our dreams. Perhaps the question is what happens when we dream. Or perhaps not...

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.