Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suggestion for Bruce Moen and this site! (Read 7848 times)
JG

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Houston, TX
Suggestion for Bruce Moen and this site!
Feb 8th, 2005 at 2:42pm

Hey Bruce, I am one of your avid "doubters" who is trying to grasp the concept of the Afterlife and how you go about communicating with people there and discovering it. Well, I see that you get tons of success from your workshops which I have not yet attended and may not ever be able to attend, but I do have a very sincere interest in the things you have said about them, and even the things you say on this site.

Well, my suggestion is that if you are getting in people at this workshop for are also doubting, afraid, and a bit skeptical, but get turned around through your program to the point of no doubt and accepting the ineveitable, then why not ask them to post that experience on this site to share. I say create a Forum for them to give testimony's where they talk about the before, during, and after so that we can see how much of a difference you are making and at the same time possibly connecting with alot of the other doubters that come here for comfort who are yet to experience these things???!!!

So what do you think Bruce and everyone else....and if this has been done already, point me in the right direction. Thanks.

-JG

Too much knowledge without proper interpretation is borderline insanity. - JG

IP Logged

A_Seeker
Ex Member

Re: Suggestion for Bruce Moen and this site!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 3:06pm

What I found interesting JG, is if your a doubter, why do you come here for some comfort? What kind of comfort can you get?

And otherwise, your idea is good Smiley

A_Seeker

IP Logged

JG

Houston, TX
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 3:38pm

Quote:
What I found interesting JG, is if your a doubter, why do you come here for some comfort? What kind of comfort can you get?

And otherwise, your idea is good Smiley

A_Seeker

Well....it's just doubt...not disbelief, just still that underlying fear of what is still to me "unknown". That 1-2% that creeps up on my sub-conscious while I am driving to work...that weird feeling I get when I read about some kid's mother killing them on CNN....

But I am working to be 100000% fear free by reading the things everyone shares on this board and learning!

IP Logged

A_Seeker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 4:08pm

Well I've never had a fear of death JG, so I'm not sure what your talking about. But I assume that this 1 to 2% your talking about is in regard to wondering if there is an afterlife? as opposed to nothing after death? Is that your fear, because I don't honestly get it.

Thanks... A_Seeker

IP Logged

J1
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 5:24pm

Yes...that is exactly it....I am sorry that I assumed that you knew what I was talking about, but the fear is one of two things....actually dying and when this does happen, if there an Afterlife as opposed to just being nothing....

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 6:30pm

Hi JG,

That is why you need to find out for yourself as that's the only sure way to know. Read this entire website, read Bruce's books. If you can't afford them, go to amazon.com and buy used ones. Wink

with Love,
Mairlyn   Grin

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

A_Seeker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2005 at 8:06pm

Well JG, the fact that you have some fear about the possibility of there being an afterlife should indicate to you that you should pay attention to your fear. Because if you die and find out there is an afterlife, and your not prepared for it, it's too late then.

You also need to acknowledge in yourself why your afraid of there being an afterlife.

I could tell you to believe my ideas about God and the afterlife, but we all have free will to believe what we want. The thing is to stay conscious of these feelings and fears and go on your own journey to discover the truth about it all.. for yourself. And be honest with yourself as to how you feel about it all.

Your story reminds me of a story I read in one of the James VanPraag books I've read, wherein James knew a guy who didn't believe in any afterlife, but after he died, he discovered he was still alive. He realized this because he could yell at people he knew when alive all he wanted, but they ignored him like he wasn't here.

So the ghost came to visit James and asked him if he was dead, and James said yes you are. Actually I read a similar story in the Edgar Cayce material as well. But this was a woman ghost who knocked on Cayce's bedroom window at bed time. After knocking she went and stood outside his front door. He went down to answer the door, and she asked the same thing, if she was dead.

So perhaps if you can't make up your mind in this life if there is an afterlife, you should keep someone in mind who could help you with this possibility, someone who could answer this question for you, if you find yourself in a condition where no matter how much you try to talk to your family and friends, no one will respond to you.

Because you don't want to find yourself stuck in the afterlife. You should remember that those who don't believe in the afterlife, don't believe it when other beings drop by to see if they want help either. And they don't believe it because it seems to them that they are asleep and in a dream state and those beings are just ghosts. So instead of talking to them, they hide from them. Be aware of at least these minimal states, in case you find yourself in them some day.

Good luck... A_Seeker

IP Logged

John_inAustin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 1:06am

JG,
I choose doubting over being sure.  I believe that as soon as anyone finds the final answer, they no longer seek the truth.  So, staying a bit unsure is a safer state of mind.  I watched John Edward for 3 months a few years ago and changed a life long stance on what is possible. It's just more fun to look at the Universe from a wider perspective.  No real way to prove anything but you don't have to dismiss the possibilities.

I like having people with different perspectives on the board.

The thing that I have the most trouble with on this board is the issue of validation.  Seems like it gets a lot less emphasis than I would like.  I need validation.  I DON'T trust my own experience any more than I trust anyone else's experience.  Validation comes from comparing many sources not from trusting one source, even your own.   

So, keep searching, compare what you see with what other people see,  figure out what is real. 

John

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 1:36am

Dear John,

Well said!  The constant indifference here to the obvious need for validation or verification is the reason why I can only tolerate this site in brief spurts followed by long absences.  This is particularly true with respect to the issue of channeling, where so many here feel that if it "resonates", embrace it.   In other words, if it makes you feel good, it's true!  This despite the many contradictions between the channelers they revere and the decisive ways in which crucial claims of famous channelers can be decisively discredited.   The search for common denominators is worthless unless the claims are in principle falsifiable and the channelng passes falsification tests where it can be tested.  For most of it is counter-intuitive to the average reader and wildly beyond corroboration.   

In the past couple of weeks, I've had my best ever experience here because of some honest and astute questions and lines of thought posed by some refreshingly honest seekers.  But I'm afraid they are in the minority here.  So once again, I will try to tie up some loose ends in my posts and then quietly vanish in a pink mist over the hill.  Otherwise, at a certain point, it's hard to be both honest and inoffensive in responding to the indefensible.  And this site does generally resonate with a nice friendly tone.  So when the absurdities become too great, I increasingly find that it's best to recognize that this is not really my scene, despite my passion to explore the astral realms myself. 

Don

P/S. I particularly want to thank Roger for his many probing questions that prompted me to do new research, research that led me to some new insights about afterlife communication that I treasure.

IP Logged

Tim Furneaux
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 9:54am

John,  thanks for the post, I think I understand your views more fully now. I agree that feeling one has the final answer stops one from further investigation. I have a different view on being able to learn and draw conclusions from one's own experience. For me, having repeated experience of a thing ( and it may take hundreds of times) has definitely shifted my own viewpoint to where I can trust the experience is real and consider it's implications. I don't need validation from an outside source in such a case.   Best, Tim

IP Logged

Roger B
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:29am

John-

Don makes some very good points.  A healthy dose of skepticism involving some claims you read about on this (and other) websites is no doubt a wise thing.

I did attend one of Bruce's workshops and found it to be enjoyable and provocative.  But here I must take issue with certain claims that every person who attends a workshop obtains both an afterlife contact AND a subsequent verification that such a contact was valid.  Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary verfication, and nothing on this website provides anything approaching that standard.  It certainly did not happen during the workshop I attended.

Remember, those who accept everything really accept nothing when you get right down to it. 

Your idea is a good one.  Just because someone questions some of the claims or experiences posted on this board does not mean they are trying to undermine those who do believe.  After all, an experience that meets the rigid tests of verification is that much more meaningful in the long run, and also serves a greater purpose in helping to give an impetus to those of us who are on our own search for the truth.

IP Logged

John_inAustin
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 1:40pm

Tim - thanks,  I don't mean to imply that I don't value my own experience.  My 3 months of watching John Edward is based entirely on my own evaluation of what I saw.  Other people have watched the exact same thing and come to different conclusions.  In this case, I trust myself, but I remember it is TV and they could be editing it so much that it is worthless and not real.  But I douth it for several reasons, the main one is that it would be hard to produce what I did see if it was a fake.  I read his book.  I listened to his voice, I watched his face.  All that goes into the final decision.  And I may still be fooled,  but what I saw exceeded what I think a fake can produce.   Therefore, it is 90% real for me and my approach to life.   But it is wise to keep my eyes open. To look for evidence he is a fake as well as enjoy the possibility that this Universe means more than carbon based animals fighting for survival on a ball of mud. 

Roger,  Hey, I also hosted one of Bruce's workshops and enjoyed it a lot.  I'm glad I was able to be there.  My experience was limited to what seemed mainly an imaginary event but it felt ok.  My own fear of illusion has kept me from pushing hard to learn Bruce's method.  I'm still looking for my own path, but it's very good to hear what Bruce and others are encountering.  All experiences are valuable, they just need to be evaluated as part of the big picture.   Do they fit with everything else? Can I live with the conflict?
Lot of evaluation at an intuitive level is required.

Truth.  I'm after something that transcends myself.  Truth based only on my experience is no better than the truth of a crazy person lost in a dulusion.  Or an even better example is the stuck person who dies and stays in one painful place for a thousand years.  No reasonable person can say that the stuck person should trust their own truth. That is the problem that needs fixing.  The truth I value comes from a lot of us. It has to work for more than just me.  Science and engineering matured when enough people could agree on what was true, and not when creative individuals felt they knew how to go to the moon using birds for transportation.

John

IP Logged

JG

Houston, TX
Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 2:11pm

Quote:
 The truth I value comes from a lot of us. It has to work for more than just me.  Science and engineering matured when enough people could agree on what was true, and not when creative individuals felt they knew how to go to the moon using birds for transportation.

John

I mean, this sums up what I was or am getting at. It's very simple....from children we are introduced to new things that we are more or less pressured to believe in, but regardless its our choice to believe or not believe in those things...from areas of leisure to religion to just life in general....

And one thing that helps us draw conclusions are being able to validate things through experience, whether its directly or INDIRECTLY. I cannot spend the rest of my life calling everything shred of evidence about the Afterlife "fake" or just in people's head if I have all of these accounts of it. If Bruce's site is about promoting the exploration of the Afterlife, then what is wrong with those who are where I am trying to get to SHARING their experiece that could be something that I could relate to....

All I am saying is we can expand the knowledge, love, and experience being brought out in these seminars by hearing the experiences....

And if all else fails....it was just a suggestion! Peace.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #13 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 4:58pm

One of the basic tenets about Buddhism is not to believe anything until it works for you personally, to take nothing on faith alone. So, inorder to make it work, Buddhist novices sit down and learn to meditate. After a while they find out what works for them.
In the same light, JG, I suggest that you either learn to meditate, use the Monroe program, use Bruce's methods, go to a hypnotist who works with past lives, or (if you want to risk insanity) take one of the illicit chemical products that "open the mind" (and I hope that you recover from the experience). All these approaches bring the same kind of access.

However, until tt specifically works for you personally, you're always going to be a doubter. That's good.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #14 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 6:23pm

JG, there are many who have attended Bruce's workshops who have posted their experiences over the years. I have read them. Perhaps if you search the archives you can find what you are looking for.  Wink

With Love,
Mairlyn   Cheesy

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.