Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Channeling Agendas: A Reply to Roger (Read 378661 times)
TheDonald

ALK Member

Re: Channeling Agendas: A Reply to Roger
Reply #195 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 2:05pm

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:26am:
In light of accounts such as the one I have linked below, it is irresponsible to downplay the potential dangers of channeling.

https://youtu.be/Ag4Ox4qVSbc?t=6m6s

Vince, it was worth reposting my old thread just so people could watch this chilling, but informative video.  Obviously, Albert did not watch it through.  The video also helps make it clear how and why Helen Schucman's channeling of a bogus Jesus in for "A Course in Miracles" soon seduced her into a fatal depression psychosis that prompted her funeral eulogizer later to suggest that she had become demonically possessed!

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #196 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 2:54pm

Translation, you believe that Bruce Moen, Robert Monroe, Zurgen Ziewe, William Buhlman, Tom Campbell, and some people on this forum of being deceived by demonic beings.

You believe that none of these people are smart enough to figure out what has taken place for themselves.

When you conclude this, you do so according to a belief system that just won't allow for the possibility that it is possible for people to make contact with actual friendly, love-based beings that have good intentions.

If I am wrong about the above please correct me and let me know that you believe that none of the people I named have been deceived.

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
I wouldn't confused the fact that many individuals involved in the spirit world don't show indications of possession with the idea that they are not being deceived. Look at it from the point of the deceptive spirit. If these deceptive spirits were involved in a mass agenda to, say, distort and degenerate the beliefs and values of humanity and to encourage occult practices, which would logically open up more individuals to their influence and give them more "food" if we consider that they feed off us in certain ways, it would be counterproductive to discredit valuable sources of propaganda by tainting their image. I believe most demonic entities are smarter and more deceptive than that. They're playing the long game.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #197 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:08pm

Don:

You know that I have spoken extensively about how I believe that Helen was deceived by a deceptive being and that ACIM does not come from Jesus.

I have read a lot of things about people becoming possessed including the book "The Devil in Massachusetts," and have watched exorcism videos. On more than one occasion I have posted on this site about Joey Fischer's book, "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts," which speaks of channelers  that have been deceived by deceptive, ill meaning beings. Therefore, it is inaccurate to suggest that I haven't allowed myself to consider the possibility of deceptive spirits.

Heck, even the being Rosalind McKnight channeled (the recording I referred to on this thread) referred to possession cases.

Why would a being, as intelligent as God is, set things up so it isn't possible for people in this world to make conscious contact with bonafide love-based beings?  I bet you he understands that some people are smart enough to do so without getting influenced in a negative way.

TheDonald wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 2:05pm:
I Am Dude wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:26am:
In light of accounts such as the one I have linked below, it is irresponsible to downplay the potential dangers of channeling.

https://youtu.be/Ag4Ox4qVSbc?t=6m6s

Vince, it was worth reposting my old thread just so people could watch this chilling, but informative video.  Obviously, Albert did not watch it through.  The video also helps make it clear how and why Helen Schucman's channeling of a bogus Jesus in for "A Course in Miracles" soon seduced her into a fatal depression psychosis that prompted her funeral eulogizer later to suggest that she had become demonically possessed!

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #198 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:17pm

Albert, that's another straw man argument. You miss the point. Maybe all of the people you cite were deceived, maybe none. Maybe half.

The point is, there is no possible way of knowing. There's no way to prove either possibility.

I know you reject ACIM as do I. But neither of us can prove it wasn't Jesus who was the source of the material. I will say this: whoever the source was, it was extraordinarily clever. It was highly seductive and on the surface seemed very compelling. It fooled many people who should have known better. I'm reasonably intelligent and ordinarily very skeptical about things, but it sucked me in at first. It's that good.

So, not to take anything away from the people you cite, but yes they could have been fooled. Any of us can. That doesn't add or subtract from the basic point. That's why I say, it's a straw man argument.

R

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #199 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:44pm

No Albert, you have drawn a conclusion that does not logically follow the premise I have put forth. I don't believe they are all being deceived by demons. Perhaps they are. I don't know. I am simply stating the fact that demonic influence does not necessitate full-blown possession symptoms.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #200 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:08pm

Roger:

As you know, on a number of occasions, I prayed to God and Christ and asked them if ACIM comes from Christ, and was told "no" in some way.

If I allowed myself to be a complete skeptic, I would not of had the faith to believe that God and Christ would answer my questions about ACIM.  I chose to have faith in them, and I believe they answered according to what is so.  After receiving such answers I reconsidered what ACIM is about, and found that it is misleading.

Some person, especially a person who is intent on not believing what I say, without really knowing, might claim that some demon responded to my queries, even though I was told that ACIM doesn't come from Jesus. If a person were to suggest that a demon wouldn't tell me that ACIM doesn't come from Jesus, another person--a skeptic might say, "They're playing the long game."

How do you know if you aren't being deceived by demons now, without being aware of it? If a person goes with your straw man argument, perhaps there isn't a way for you to know if you are being deceived.

If you believe it isn't possible to know something, and if you died and Jesus appeared to you, how would you know if this being actually is Jesus?

In the end, the only thing we can do is consider all of the evidence presented to ourselves, and use our discrimination as best as possible. If I consider all of my interactions with what I refer to as guidance, it seems quite compelling that such guidance is positive, because everything such guidance has shared with me serves a positive purpose, and has led to positive results. In order for a person's discrimination to work well, he or she can't have an overly strong emotional attachment to a specific way of thinking.

If a person isn't capable of knowing, then a person isn't capable of knowing if the Bible is an accurate source of information. How does a person know if the Bible isn't a part of a long game? If demons are that clever, who knows what extremes they will go to in order to mislead people.

Perhaps on the other hand, God has provided us with the ability to develop enough discrimination to understand whether we are dealing withe something positive or something negative. When it comes to developing the ability to discern spirits, we won't develop the ability to discern them if we stick our head in the sand and don't allow ourselves to learn how.

rondele wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:17pm:
Albert, that's another straw man argument. You miss the point. Maybe all of the people you cite were deceived, maybe none. Maybe half.

The point is, there is no possible way of knowing. There's no way to prove either possibility.

I know you reject ACIM as do I. But neither of us can prove it wasn't Jesus who was the source of the material. I will say this: whoever the source was, it was extraordinarily clever. It was highly seductive and on the surface seemed very compelling. It fooled many people who should have known better. I'm reasonably intelligent and ordinarily very skeptical about things, but it sucked me in at first. It's that good.

So, not to take anything away from the people you cite, but yes they could have been fooled. Any of us can. That doesn't add or subtract from the basic point. That's why I say, it's a straw man argument.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #201 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:12pm

Dude:

Considering the point you are trying to make on this thread and elsewhere, some people might conclude that "perhaps they are" pretty much means "yes."

If I am wrong, perhaps with equal enthusiasm as you have demonstrated thus far, you can present the case, that perhaps Bruce made contact with a positive being of love and light, when he interacted with his Disk. Thus far, you have only presented the negative possibility.

I Am Dude wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
No Albert, you have drawn a conclusion that does not logically follow the premise I have put forth. I don't believe they are all being deceived by demons. Perhaps they are. I don't know. I am simply stating the fact that demonic influence does not necessitate full-blown possession symptoms.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #202 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:37pm

Albert, I do believe in good spirits including angels. Remember, I'm convinced my own life was saved by angelic intervention.

But here's the difference- the angel appeared on her/his own volition. I wasn't consciously asking for help.

If we venture into the afterlife what happens is on THEIR terms, not ours. I'm not saying all contact is fraught with evil entities. I don't know. And because I don't know, and lack the ability to discern good from bad, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #203 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:54pm

Roger:

Each of us needs to determine what is appropriate for ourselves.

Regarding who initiates contact, I believe it is okay for a person to initiate contact through prayer.

Sometimes it is a joint venture, a person wants to serve in some way, and a love-based spirit being sees the advantage of hooking up with such a person. I wouldn't be able to help with retrievals in the way that I do, if I hadn't made contact with guidance-like spirit beings.

Sometimes it is a matter of what is good for a person's spiritual growth. The more a person gets in touch with his (or her) spirit self, the more he will get in touch with the spirit levels of existence, and the more he is likely to become aware of the presence of spirits.

I used to be afraid of demons and getting possessed. If it wasn't for the help I received from friendly love-based beings, it would've been difficult for me to overcome such fear.

rondele wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 4:37pm:
Albert, I do believe in good spirits including angels. Remember, I'm convinced my own life was saved by angelic intervention.

But here's the difference- the angel appeared on her/his own volition. I wasn't consciously asking for help.

If we venture into the afterlife what happens is on THEIR terms, not ours. I'm not saying all contact is fraught with evil entities. I don't know. And because I don't know, and lack the ability to discern good from bad, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

R

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #204 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:28pm

Albert, I probably venture into the afterlife every night. But the difference is, that's a natural process. It's not something I consciously set out to do. If I'm interacting with entities while asleep so be it.

It's a personal decision. I agree, we need to do what we think is best for ourselves.

R

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #205 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 6:15pm

I can't argue with the below. Aw, fiddle sticks! Smiley

rondele wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Albert, I probably venture into the afterlife every night. But the difference is, that's a natural process. It's not something I consciously set out to do. If I'm interacting with entities while asleep so be it.

It's a personal decision. I agree, we need to do what we think is best for ourselves.

R

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #206 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 8:23pm

As we grow so to do our responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is to cease sowing suspicion and fear.

We are here NOW.

-30-

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

KarmicBalancer
Ex Member

Reply #207 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:23pm

rondele wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Albert, I probably venture into the afterlife every night. But the difference is, that's a natural process.* It's not something I consciously set out to do. If I'm interacting with entities while asleep so be it.

*My use of bold and underline.

Hmmm, I think it can easily be argued that consciously communicating with and exploring the nonphysical is just as natural as sleep, and that a percentage of humans have been doing that since humanity has been around. 

It's only in our modern, super left brain polarized day and age, that it's become such a taboo to believe in and talk about about such communication, contact, and exploring, though this is gradually changing for the better as time marches on. 

It seems clear that there are forces behind the scenes at work in suppressing such knowledge and openness.  So little money and research is spent on scientific research on the nonphysical nature of consciousness, despite that the relatively few studies that have been done (like Duke University's PEAR lab's work) shows much promise and definite above chance correlations. 

It's very similar with UFO's and ET's.  This is also being suppressed and/or much misinformation is spread. These same forces don't want humans to have more clear knowledge about these. 

If my hypothesis is true, I wonder why such information is being suppressed?   Could it have to do with the potential freeing nature of such knowns and such contact? 

Truth can help people to set themselves free.

Imagine a society completely free of the fear of death, and which fully knows and understands the great Universal Law of Like attracts, begets, and resonates with Like!  How free and glorious could such a society and peoples become!  Free from the shackles of greed, corrupt overlords and "leaders", and base, pointless materialism, but focused on Love, helping one another, and co-creating a beautiful, Spirit infused, kind, healthy world.

A world much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUqTRC1twE

I plan to fight tooth and nail for such an above world, even if it means sacrificing this body. 

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #208 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 10:52pm

“He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

KarmicBalancer
Ex Member

Reply #209 - Jun 5th, 2017 at 11:05pm

rondele wrote on Jun 5th, 2017 at 3:17pm:

The point is, there is no possible way of knowing. There's no way to prove either possibility. *

* My use of bold and underline

Actually, there is.  Yeshua taught that you could know a source and it's true intentions by looking at the overall, long term fruits of same.  Like attracts, begets, and resonates with Like.  Contact with positive sources tends to beget positive, helpful fruits. Primary contact with negative sources tends to beget negative and unhelpful fruits long term. 

For example, that is very obvious in Helen's case with her course.  She died angry, miserable, and disliking all things spiritual and nonphysical. 

But, conversely, I can bet you large sums of money that other people, like Edgar Cayce, Bob Monroe, Rosalind McKnight, Bruce Moen, our own Vicky, Albert, I, and many others are quite happy that we have made contact with real guidance, and that our lives have been tremendously improved and helped by such contact and communication. 

Many of the above folks have helped others a lot in different ways. 

For myself, I've working very people oriented service jobs since my early 20's.  First I worked with elderly folk in home, then later adults and also children with disabilities.  None of these jobs ever paid much, but that never mattered to me because it's always been fulfilling in a deeper, more meaningful, and spiritual way.

Truly I often feel that my cup overflows with abundance though I have little materially as our society tends to count it. 

Part of what made me decide to work in these fields and say not a higher paying, corporate or upper level government type job, is because of my experiences with the nonphysical and contact with positive guidance.

That same contact/communication, also helped nudged me to stop contributing to the torture and abuse of animals, that the big agribusiness corporations and factories perpetrate on these beautiful, valuable Creatures of God, like cows, chickens, pigs, etc. 

Basically, my levels of empathy only have increased and increased since becoming involved with all this.  Many people, old and young, and many animals, directly or indirectly have been helped by my choices which were influenced by my connections to positive guidance.   

I would call that some pretty positive, long term fruits.  Wouldn't you Roger?  Having met Albert in person a couple of times, as well as talking to him on the phone more, that Albert strikes me as an unusually happy, at peace, and loving person. He just radiates light and love.  It was similar when I became friends with Rosie McKnight and met up with her a couple of times.  She just seemed, well happy, content, and at peace. 

Albert might say similar about me.  I also got some of that from meeting Vicky and Bruce in person as well.  Bruce had a really cool vibe in person.  On a deep level, he struck me as a truly nice, gentle, kind, mostly happy, and at peace person.  Aka positive fruits.   Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.