Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lilac Cologne (Read 9289 times)
smidee

Re: Lilac Cologne
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:31pm

Quote:
So it isn't really a big stretch to suppose that if a person suddenly, for no apparent reason, notices a strong fragrance of one sort or another, it might not indicate a signal from a deceased loved one.

Why not? Remember we are consciousness. Everything else is a metaphor of consciousness. What better way for one conscious being to communicate with another conscious being than to use a metaphor common to both?

Quote:
For instance, my dad (now deceased) used a certain brand of after-shave lotion for many years. For a period after his death, now and then I would notice that same fragrance and I chalked it up to his presence, or at least his signal to me that he was still alive.

But maybe not.  My own association with him and his lotion might have triggered my own brain into providing that fragrance.

Exactly the point. You’re dad’s consciousness would have used a metaphor your consciousness would recognize and understand.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Re: Lilac Cologne
Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 4:41pm

Roger,

Your point is well taken, but consider what is unique about the experiences I cite.  Annie's family never knew about the bottle of lilac cologne on the table beside her bed in the nursing home.  And I had no inking that the woman whose memorial service i was conducting had a special love for lilacs.  In fact, I was worried that the lilac experience of Annie's daughter and son-in-law would not fit in very well with the memorial service.  

Don

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.