Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are we?... and where do we orginate? (Read 10449 times)
Azreal
Ex Member

What are we?... and where do we orginate?
Dec 28th, 2004 at 9:25am

Hi all,

This is a thought that I often have especially after reading certain materials. Like some people here I dont have the money to purchase books nor do I have the time to read through the materials that I have at the moment (although I will shortly) so please accept my apologies if its answered there.

My question is what are we? ... people say we are spiritual beings ... people say we are just bilogical organisms which have evolved over millions of years. Both very good theories and there is evidence for both and that supports this. I have mixed feelings about the origin of Earth and its inhabitants. For example, there are times when I am astounded by what people can do (for example olympic athletes) and the abilities they possess that I think that they must have some sort of gift - possibly one brought over from the spiritual realms ... but other times I think that we are just like Bacteria, not in the disgusting harmful way, but that we reproduce and expand in collonies - are we the equivalent of Bacteria to another race, or is earth in essence a test tube (sorry for the bad analogy)

We all know the theories on the biological sifde of things so I am going to stick to the spiritual side of things for now ... Where do we as spiritual beings come from? We say that we choose the lifes we experience here ... so would it be fair to say that this is a testing ground which we go to? likewise, if we come here from the spiritual world how do new spirits get created? are they born here on earth and get taken back to the spiritual realm?

On Earth we have the big bang theory ... so how did we come to be and what are we?

I find this very fascinating and ponder over this for hours especially because this fits in with the afterlife as well ... There has to be some place of origin and we must all come from one source ... I often get headaches when I think that Space is infinate ... how can something be infinate? and likewise if space had an ending ... what is on the other side? if something ends ... there has to be something on the other side.

Is there somewhere in another Galaxy where we originate. If space is infinate there must be somewhere ...

I am sorry if I am rambling but I have so many questions which I would like answered and I feel these link together.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

IP Logged

leigha
Ex Member

Re: What are we?... and where do we orginate?
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 10:20am

Here are my thoughts on what we are and where we come from:

first, I do believe we are physical beings with spirits all around us. I believe in a spirit world that the physical world cannot/will not see. I also think that we are all spiritual in some way that I haven't been able to figure out, hence the reason I registered  here.  I believe in God and the goodness of God I'm not 100% sure of what God is, but I really believe he protects his own and loves people. I believe in dark forces as well. I believe the only way to overcome evil forces is with the goodness of God and if you believe in Jesus than he can save you too. I just realized that what I'm writing is not going to help you, but probably just leave you with the same questions you had before. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in because this a subject which has captured me since I was a little girl and to the day I die I will probably still be searching for the truth    Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2005 at 11:12pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 4:52pm

You might look into Edgar Cayce's readings on this. Check the ARE website. Also Wallace Budge's "The Gods of the Egyptians", Vol 1, pp 309-321 covering the creation.

The math is that we have two aspects of voidness, vast and tiny. These are empty, but have a real and logically valid relationship. This relationship differs from the tweo aspects of emptiness, so as the Egyptian Pyramid Texts put it, it is the magic by which the initial emptiness grasps itself to utter forth its nature. We call it the Big Bang. The relationship that differs from the primitive aspects of emptiness gives rise to two new relationships, and those relate to one another, and those relate to one another etc. The result is an iterated complexion (power set) over a dyad, giving 2, 3, 7, 127, 10E38, and then more relationships than the Planck intervals in the cosmos, giving rise to multiple parallel universes, and then beyond to infinity. Each relationship is an "observable" that defines a set, and the observables interact in the manner of the sets of substantives of a physical universe, including you and me. Because it's logical, it involves karma. Free will occurs totally at the top level (for God) and partially to each of us to the degree that we are one with God.  Fun eh?

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

leigha
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 5:43pm

To me it's more like confusing, eh? Smiley But insightful at the same time, I will definitely be looking into Edgar Cayce's readings though. Thanks for posting your knowledge on the subject, I for one found it to be very interesting Smiley

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 8:08pm

The same ideas lead to quantum theory etc. The math and logic is easy. What it means is quite another matter. Hopefully, by the time this trip is over we'll both have it figured out.  Wink

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 8:30pm

Its odd, I was recently also thinking about this, after reading an artical in 'Scientific American' magazine. This artical was about an idea in a film that we create our own reality through consciousness and quantum mechanics. One of the quotes in this artical states "The material world around us is nothing but possible movements of conciousness". So reading this artical made me think.

My own theory on what we are, and I should add it is not based on any scientific theory or reality but on my own thoughts and ideas, is that the entire universe is all a part of one big being, we are essentially all a part of the same life force, the same essense and conciousness. This being exists in two seperate states simultaniously, one obviously the whole, and the other the universe as we know it.

Unfortunately I find it difficult to put this into words, which as always been one of my failings.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 11:02pm

Works for me.
Hypnosis, Monro Inst or yoga offer ways to go look.

IP Logged

Azreal
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 8:13am

Hi all,

thanks for your insights and views on this subject I am glad that more of you took interest in this post as nobody had replied for a while. I too will be looking into the sources outlined above.

This has certainly helped guide me in the right direction re sources etc.

peace x

IP Logged

Firequeen
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2005 at 10:27am

Heres a different approch.
why not try to understand creation by being creative.
example:
I am an artist and a few years ago was painting so intensly that my whole energetic/vibational level seemed to be speeding up. It was getting difficult to function "regularly".
Then one night in my high creative state I was gifted a true vision in my "dream"
The vision was about how all thing were created.
I was with a "guide".  One of my guides I call the science man, he wears a jump suit and gives me facts. He showed me a circle with a human in the center of it, through the middle back the entire force of the universe pushed and moved the human. The guide said, "all things were propelled into creation whole by the entire force of the universe." Then the guide caught me trying to figure this out with my mind and said,"dont try to understand this because you are in a physical body and your MIND is made of matter that cannot contaian the emensity of this thought." Then I touched the edge of this force and was propelled wide awake, breathless and in amazment. Alot of questions were answered immediatly for me.

Why I answered this post is because it was brought up about the gift athletes have. Now feel yourself behind your back in the middled, there is a force that pushes you forward, that is the entire force of the universe behind each and every one of us. An athlete just utilizes this force better. They say the Dogon people in Africa flew up to their dwellings in the cliffs, this is possible if you use this force.
Wow, we really need to awake up our sleepy selfs. Once again, all things cannot be learned in a book, and the true validation is the Knowing within ourselfs.  love and aloha

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #9 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 1:50pm

Firequeen has a good point. You can't figure out the way the outside of the creative process looks by analyzing the inside. And the only way to "get outside" is to "be" the creation. Of course your view of it differs from mine, because you become "it" differently from me, but both are valid and personally meaningful. Math models try to find the explanation that is valif fo everyone, but they lose the "feeling of the event" in their abstraction and become impersonal.  Maybe the question is what kind of answer is desired?

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 2:38pm

My question is what are we? ... people say we are spiritual beings ... people say we are just bilogical organisms

We all know the theories on the biological sifde of things so I am going to stick to the spiritual side of things for now ... Where do we as spiritual beings come from?
________
I resonate with a cloud of curiosity being sucked into the gravitation of the loving arms of mother earth, herself a conscousness. check out Bruce's vision on this site. under free articles or resources.
______

We say that we choose the lifes we experience here ... so would it be fair to say that this is a testing ground which we go to?
_____
yes! har! (this is only a test; in the event of a real emergency, you will be instructed what channel to tune into) I see life as a movie I'm playing in.
_________

likewise, if we come here from the spiritual world how do new spirits get created? are they born here on earth and get taken back to the spiritual realm?
_______
it helps me to think on the one-ness concept. there's a bunch of me's out there doing test runs. I hope they succeed as if they don't, I'm in trouble too.

On Earth we have the big bang theory ... so how did we come to be and what are we?
_____
I meditate on the vision Bruce saw. got some splendid answers that way. also through ACIM. a course in miracles.
______

I find this very fascinating and ponder over this for hours especially because this fits in with the afterlife as well ... There has to be some place of origin and we must all come from one source ... I often get headaches when I think that Space is infinate ... how can something be infinate? and likewise if space had an ending ... what is on the other side? if something ends ... there has to be something on the other side.
________
no wonder u get headaches! smile. infinity by it's very nature has no boundary to find. think in terms of energy and parralal dimensions. at least we can get an inkling by thinking that way.
_______

Is there somewhere in another Galaxy where we originate. If space is infinate there must be somewhere ...
______
I think, as a poet, that I find my home in your heart, in each other's heart. it's just a symbol, the heart of the matter. yet it points to PUL. something energetic, something that expands the mind, something that lays all questions to rest.
_________

I am sorry if I am rambling but I have so many questions which I would like answered and I feel these link together.
_______
never be sorry. my two cents and my personal pathway. never again, and never be sorry. we belong here and have a right to say it like we see it and change our minds if we want to. I'm a woman and everyone knows we have a perfect right to change our minds. I now declare men are also allowed to do that!

my best to you, and remember the answer is attached to the question; it's just that space of linear time that starts to bug us while chasing the tail of the question.....
Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss Grin Cheesy Wink

IP Logged

Azreal
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 24th, 2005 at 4:48pm

alysia you are a star!!!

what youhave written perfect sense to me, you are right the answers are in the questions ..... i guess in a way i am being too thoughtful on the things which dont matter as such.

I will nolonger be sorry ... unless we question things, events or life how will we ever gain the knowledge we seek.

By the way I love your name,it was one of our choices of names for our daughter .. as it happens we called her Freya (she was born on new years day by the way)

thanks again alysia you have enlightened me Smiley

peace Cheesy

IP Logged

alysia
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2005 at 4:57pm

GrinBy the way I love your name,it was one of our choices of names for our daughter .. as it happens we called her Freya (she was born on new years day by the way)  

thanks again alysia you have enlightened me 

do you pronounce Freya "fra-ya" or Free-ya? I like that originality! Cheesy  glad u got something out of my words. love, alysia

IP Logged

Azreal
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 26th, 2005 at 11:16am

It is pronounced Fray - ya Smiley

We were set on Alysia however my partner just looked at her and the name clicked instantly and she was so in love with it I let her keep it Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.