Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations (Read 43087 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Re: Emanuel Swedenborg's revelations
Reply #75 - Apr 22nd, 2017 at 4:11pm

Quote:
  For a real life example of a human whose Soul came here from the dimension that Jupiter corresponds to, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is one such "Jupitarian".  In his chart, Jupiter is the planet closest to his Ascendant/Rising degree. He indeed led a very combo Jupitarian, Venusian, Capricorn, Taurean, and Piscean lifetime (his strongest symbols).

I think he probably phased into the Solar and/or Arcturian dimensions after he left here. Perhaps he is one of those whom had already left this system for more expanded ones and then came back for service reasons. 

I haven't looked at the special kind of Star charts that would show that, via mainly Arcturus's condition/position in his chart.

This knowledge is actually very ancient knowledge.  The earlier Egyptians knew of these Planet and Stellar to dimensional connections. It was a central part of their belief systems, which later got corrupted. According to Cayce's guidance, a past life influence of his in Egypt, Ra Ta, intuitively figured out all the holistic connections between these different levels and came up with a coherent system, which later became central to the Egyptian religious/spiritual beliefs. .

WOO-WOO-WOO NONSENSE GET REAL

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Apr 23rd, 2017 at 12:49pm

Alan, would you care to elaborate about exactly is woo woo nonsense in what I said?  I don't mean that Dr. King's Soul literally came from the physical planet Jupiter to the physical Earth.  Rather that the Afterlife set of nonphysical dimensions that the Earth is connected to--one of these dimensions--one of the more expanded, service, and love oriented ones, has a correspondence to Jupiter in a symbolic manner. 

Or in another sense, each of the Planets that we physically perceive in our Solar system has an inner, nonphysical consciousness counterpart, or "Soul" if you will (different than our Souls), and the Earth connected afterlife system of nonphysical dimensions is directly related to the nonphysical, consciousness counterparts of the Planets in our little system.

I'm just trying to put Swedenborg's explorations/info into a more accurate and helpful framework.

I first came upon this idea in the Edgar Cayce readings.  I've looked at a lot of different outer sources over the years.  I haven't found any other source like the Cayce readings with the amount of verification, the depth, broadness, and sheer vastness of info. Some say Monroe's explorer tapes rival some of those aspects of the Cayce readings, but there is only a fraction of these that's available to the public.

Cayce's work is in a league of it's own. Because of how much verification is found in this work, chances are, there is something to what they are talking about.  That's just speaking in a general, impersonal sense and not including the two decades of my personal research into the interconnections between astrology, the afterlife, the colors (particularly in relation to auras), the endocrine glands, and consciousness growth or retrogression.

After doing X amount of astrological charts for people, and correctly "guessing" the majority of people's favorite colors based primarily on their charts--especially their strongest planetary symbols, you kind of start to build trust in the reality of these connections.  How and why could I guess people's favorite colors?  Because not only does Like attract, beget, and resonate with Like, but also Like tends to like Like on the deeper levels.  In other words, a person's primary aura colors tends to be also their favorite colors too. 

If for example, blue is the most consistently primary color in your aura, on the more slowly changing "mental" level of same, then chances are very high that you are going to like blue a lot. We do have freewill to change and some of us exercise that will and do change some though. Or in other words, a person such as myself using this method could never have 100% accuracy rate because of freewill.   

Perhaps it's not woo woo nonsense, but just something that you don't yet perceive or understand? 

Also, while I don't mind people disagreeing with or debating what I say, perceive, and believe--on a personal note, there are more intelligent and kinder ways of doing that.  To say in all caps what you said, was neither intelligent (didn't address any logic or lack of logic), nor kind in any sense.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #77 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Dude said: "Regarding the Bible, many doubts regarding its legitimacy seem to come from the false assumption that the Heavenly Father doesn't have the power to create a body of text that is in accord with his will and that He is unable or unwilling to exert influence in the minds and hearts of man."

Recoverer responds: "It is the above way of thinking that causes many people to be turned off by literal Christianity. They understand that God provided us with intelligence so that we could use it. If one reads the Bible with true discernment, one will see that it includes imperfections and inconsistencies that come from "men" not God.

Consider this, earlier on this thread Dude wrote that Jesus is God. The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke don't say this. The Gospel of John says so a few times, but many times within it Jesus speaks as if God is someone other than himself.

I doubt this inconsistency comes from God because one way or the other, he knows the truth. I figure the inconsistencies come from men.

I wonder how many people decided to believe that Jesus is God not because they actually knew this, but for reasons such as: "Somebody told them they better accept this viewpoint or they will go to hell for all of eternity." Whether or not this viewpoint is true, I figure God and Jesus or God/Jesus, is/are able to understand when this viewpoint is or isn't accepted because a person actually knows which viewpoint is true; or because a person is afraid of the consequences if he (or she) doesn't accept it. I doubt that God and Jesus or God/Jesus, is/are ANGRY with people who don't view Jesus as God because they considered all of the parts of the Bible where Jesus spoke as if God is someone other than himself.

The more we connect to God within our heart, the more we'll understand that God doesn't mind when we question everything, including the Bible.

I once had this dream. Take it as you well. I was in a meeting room with about 20-30 people. We were trying to determine how to make this world a better place. I said "Perhaps we should invite some fundamentalist Christian leaders to this meeting." An annoyed Jesus said, "Impossible!"  With the meaning that fundamentalist Christians aren't going to help out.

I find it troubling when people view Jesus as a dictator like being who desires to be worshiped. I figure he is way too wise and loving to think in such terms. It seems to me that Doc is on track with he spoke on how to consider Jesus' teachings as found in the gospels.

It is important to remember than even while incarnated in bodies, we are spirit beings, not body-based people. If a person can be fooled while in the body, why not afterwards after he or she dies? Eventually a person will have to use his or her discrimination.

Below is what Doc said:

"The thing that concerns me about this thread is that some Christians see themselves as separate from the divine.  For that reason, they need scripture to tell them what is divine - but in doing so, they separate themselves even more from the divine.  Jesus told his disciples that they can do what he did, and that following his path (of love) they can become what he became (one with the Father, love and heaven).  The idea then that one should feel unworthy of this is sad to me.  The notion of man being born in sin, and hellfire without following dictates written in the Bible is a fear based approach to God's love.  It doesn't work.  Well it works, but for the wrong reasons.

If a person follows the laws not because he incorporates the spirit of the gospels into his heart, but because he feels he is a damned sinner and has no other hope of redemption, then he/she is acting in the right way for the wrong reasons.

I would rather find the insight of the gospels that love is our nature.  That we are all one, and that God's love is our foundation.  That we are not sinners, but but part of a greater whole of consciousness.  In doing so, i feel that I will follow right action from my heart, not out of fear."
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:20pm by Recoverer 2 »  

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 11:31pm

Regarding the NT and John more specifically--translation issues might be why there are some common misunderstandings. 

There is no literal word "God" in either the OT or the NT, but there are various different names and titles for the Creator.  Interestingly, some of the older Hebrew words for same, are innately plural--such as Elohim (translates as "Mighty Ones" among other things). 

See the following link to all the various different names and titles that over simplistically get translated only to God singular in most English translations:
http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-definition-god-titles.htm

When I read John, I get the sense that John or whomever penned same, was talking about how Yeshua's Spirit was a Co-Creator with The original Creator in the very beginning, before this Universe was created.

I think this is true for various reasons, both inner and outer sources and reasons.  Which is why Yeshua himself, almost always made a distinction between himself and the Abba ("Father" aka the active, masculine side of the Creator).  The closest he ever comes to idenitfying himself with The God, is when he talks about his disciples having seen him and his works, they were seeing the Creator.  But, that could be understood in a more metaphysical and metaphorical sense of Yeshua was so attuned to the Creative Force within, that he was like the expression of the personality of God within the material world.  Something very hard to achieve, and humans have had a hard time achieving historically except for a few cycles here and there over many hundreds of thousands of years.   

I think Yeshua indicated pretty plainly that all Souls, all children of God have this same potential.  In a debate with the Pharisees, he uses their own scripture against them when they accuse him of blasphemy for associating himself with God overmuch.  John 10:34 says, "Yeshua said to them, 'Is it not written in your law, 'I have said, “You are gods”'?”

He also says that if we live and choose like him, we can become like him and do similar works and even greater. 

We are not currently active, true Co-Creators and full companions with Source because we have put barriers (mainly selfishness, fear, and distorted beliefs) between ourselves and our Source.  Choosing and attuning to Love, breaks down those barriers, and this is exactly the entire message of Yeshua's life, example, teachings, death and resurrection.  That pure Love is the way back to Source. 

People can say all day, "but we never left", which is a nice sounding and technically true platitude, but until they are like Yeshua and over come death, over come physics, over come aging, live completely selflessly for others and the Whole, radiate only the White Light, etc then it remains naught but an over simplified, lop sided/imbalanced platitude that certainly strokes the ego part of us, but in and of itself doesn't get us very far without the all important livingness part of it. 

We have the extremes in the earth.  On one hand, you have many fundamentalist Christians that overly put Yeshua on an unreachable pedestal and make him too special and untouchable.  Then at the other end of the extreme, you have more New Agey folks that are too cavalier about how we never left, and make it all sound so easy and automatic when not a single one of them is at Yeshua's state of consciousness of being a full, fully conscious Co-Creator and companion with Source. 

Somewhere near the middle of the extremes, somewhere in the blend of opposites, is that elusive thing called truth.   

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #79 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 9:27am

If God told man not to seek out communication with spirits because of the high risk of being deceived and harmed by demonic entities, do you think his "angels" (as Swedenborg uses the term for human spirits in heaven) would engage in this communication that was initiated in violation of God's law? I think not, especially if Swedenborg is correct in his description of the nature of "angels," but also simply because any spirit in communion with God will necessarily act in accord with his will. Something to think about when considering the nature of Swedenborg's conversations with spirits.

Regarding previous comments regarding the Bible, I once had similar reservations about the validity of the Word. I found that this was due to a strong ego, preconceived bias, and a lack of honest research, study and understanding. Once I took a more open minded and honest approach, I found that I had been very wrong. So just realize that I once entertained the exact objections and arguments that are being shared here, and being that everything in myself and my life is pointing to the fact that I am evolving, growing and improving, in many ways which would take too long to describe, I think its safe to rule out the idea that this is a devolution from my previous mindset. Although I recommend everyone contemplate the title of the thread and at least try to keep the conversation relevant to the purpose.

Also, when someone who claims to be in contact with spirits in some way is saying things that deceptive channeled spirits (demons) have been saying for over a century, the source and validity of the information shared becomes clear.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #80 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 11:42am

Dude:

I do not believe that God would want Demons to predicate what we do or do not do.  I believe God is wise enough to understand that if we use our discrimination and have good intentions,  we can communicate with spirits without being fooled. It is important to remember that unfriendly spirits can try to mess with us even when we don't seek to communicate with spirits; therefore, discrimination and the wise utilization of our free will is always required.

Just as I won't allow words that supposedly come from Moses lead me to doing animal sacrifices, I won't let such words determine whether or not I communicate with spirits.

It seems as if you glossed over what I said about the Bible being inconsistent about who Jesus is.

Everything that exists does so within God's being. Therefore, if we want to open ourselves up to his love and presence as much as we can, we need to be willing to become aware of everything that exists within it, including the negative manifestations. I say this with the understanding that since God is the source of everything (there is no other source), even negativity comes from his being. (After some of his creations use their small portion to creative in a negative way.)

This morning as I meditated and experienced divine love and peace,  some negativity was presented to me. It didn't matter, because I was too in touch with the love and peace that comes from God to be troubled by such negativity. One of the reasons I am able to have such an experience, is because rather than avoid demons and other forms of negativity, I found a way to be transcendent. This ability exists within all of us. I do not believe Jesus would be opposed to us finding it. If faith can move mountains, will then perhaps our faith in God's grace and our own divinity can make it so we aren't misled by demons and such as long as we use our freewill wisely.

I would not trouble myself with saying the above at a fundamentalist Christian forum, because I figure the way of thinking of such forum members would be too circular and limited to consider what I say.  Anything I said that didn't go along with "their" rigid interpretation of the Bible would be considered demonic.

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 12:01pm

One of the consistent, many year long messages of Albert and I here has been that when contacting and communicating with the nonphysical, or coming upon sources that claim same, it’s important and necessary that a person uses their deeper discrimination and discernment, which is a combo of intuition, holistic logic, and wisdom from experience. This is because, as we have found out, there are indeed deceptive and hindering beings out there.  We have consistently over many years, despite much social pushback here, called out sources which either distort or malign Yeshua’s life or message.

As far as interest in and openness to the Bible, speaking for self, this self first became interested in and curious about Yeshua in a non religious, non dogmatic way in the early teens due solely to inner intuition, then not long after started researching Christianity and reading the Bible with an open, but discerning mind.  I will fully admit that all in all, I have and do prefer the NT, because I’ve found in the Teacher Yeshua a fulfillment of all the wisdom of the OT, and as Yeshua stressed time and time again, if you live the greatest commandments to love the Creator with all your heart, and love others as yourself, then will all wisdom be given to you. He stressed, time and time again, this “greatest” commandment in combination with going within one’s own closet to pray and listen to the Creator within.  These are not just words or intellectual concepts to me, they are precepts and ideals that I have tried to live for many years. These are living truths to this self.

Over the years, both Albert and I have both had a number of message having to do with Yeshua, and experiences involving Yeshua. Neither of us have spoken about all of them here though. 

Despite all this, both of the above people, including others, have debated with you some recently.  Some of these others also have more than passing familiarity with and openness to the Bible as well--people like Kathy and Matthew.  Kathy is someone who has studied the Bible, and Matthew is Jewish, and whom long has been open to the life, example, and messages of Yeshua.  All of us, have had this openness and interest, long before yourself.   

Your views and perspectives have seem to become a little over black and white.  I say “become”, but it’s less that, and more you’ve just switched beliefs, but your approach is still a little over fixed and a little black and white.  Years ago, you questioned in a critical way, some of Albert’s and my beliefs and perceptions, because we didn’t just accept any old source coming out of the New Age scene. We openly questioned various sources from Seth, ACIM, Robert Bruce, etc and you at times hopped on the social bandwagon of “calling us out” for same.  Can you begin to see the irony in all of this?  And yet, both of these people and others are trying to caution you that you are going too far with your current approach. 

Are you aware Vincent that for awhile now, and currently, the slow moving Planet Uranus (currently in Aries), that which Cayce’s guidance called the Planet of the extremes and of the psychic, has been squaring (at a 90* angle to) your natal Sun position, which is towards the end of Capricorn, near the beginning of Aquarius?   Squares indicate difficult, tense, stressful, and/or challenging connections and cycles.  The Sun is a sensitive point in most people’s chart (and represents our inner character composite), and Uranus square same indicates those Uranian tendencies to extremes are becoming highlighted in your psyche in a difficult, challenging way during this cycle.  And Uranus is already a somewhat difficult energy/consciousness without the square also being a factor.

I bring this up not as judgement in the spirit of condemnation, but in the hopes of sparking some self awareness and reflection on your part. Right now, you are rather attuned to the consciousness that Uranus represents--particularly to it’s more fixed and extremist side.  I will put some quotes about Uranus from Cayce’s work on the thread that I started.

Before I leave, I will ask, what did Yeshua say about exploring or communicating with the nonphysical?   Did he constantly speak about how we shouldn’t communicate with any “spirits”?  If not, then why not?  Wasn’t he far more consciously One with the Creator than any of the OT authors? Wasn’t he the Adon in the flesh?  See, you’re building up a belief system, based on others interpretations and distortions.  A more balanced, even approach would be more helpful both to self and to others. 
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2017 at 1:45pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #82 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 12:25pm

An addition to my last post, if a person with good intentions prays to God and Jesus and receives a response, such a person shouldn't have a knee jerk reaction and assume that a demon responded. It would be better if he (or she) used his discrimination and tried to find out if God or Jesus responded to his prayer with a message.

What a shame it would be if God, Jesus and other beings of love and light weren't allowed to communicate with us, because Satan and his demons make it so "NO PERSON WHAT SO EVER" is allowed to communicate with any spirit being at all.

What if a person was having difficulty discriminating whether or not ACIM is a valid source of information? I had     some trouble doing so, on more than one occasion I prayed to God and Christ and asked them if ACIM comes from Jesus, and on each occasion was in some way told "No." Afterwards, after obtaining some freedom of mind, I discriminated ACIM with a clearer eye, and saw how it is misleading in more than one way.

Regarding OBEs, all of my OBEs and lucid dreams have served a positive purpose.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #83 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 3:47pm

The following links should clear up some misunderstandings that have been expressed in recent posts. All of these links give direct references to scripture, which illustrate the various misconceptions stated in this thread and correct them according to the actual Word of God. It's good to know what is actually written before making arguments based on same.

On Jesus being God and consistency issues:

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/jesus-is-god/is-jesus-god/

https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-God.html

About communication with God:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-communication.html

About communication with spirits:

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-wrong-ouija-boards-or-contacting-spir...

Regarding the credibility of scripture according to Jesus:

https://answersingenesis.org/jesus-christ/on-the-infallibility-of-scripture/

Regarding literal interpretation of God's Word:

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_BibleTrue.htm

Regarding animal sacrifices:

https://www.gotquestions.org/animal-sacrifices.html

If believing that the Bible is the Word of God is an extreme or fundamentalist position, then I guess I am an extreme fundamentalist, although with all things considered, it is a far more logical position than being a Cafeteria Christian. But I feel that some here have a distorted view of what I actually believe.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #84 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Oh my, I opened the link as to why animal sacrifices are done, and stopped opening links after that.

Dude, sorry, but if things have gotten to the point where you believe that animal sacrifice business, I do not believe it is possible to have a reasonable conversation with you at this time, so I will stop trying to have one.

Sorry for being so blunt, I just don't know if there is anything I can say that will make a difference. Belief systems can be such a horrendous thing. Logic needs the assistance of heart-based wisdom in order to be functional and accurate.

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:00pm

Hey Albert, what you did you order today at Cafe De Christian?  Me, I had a hummus/mixed greens/brown rice wrap, with a side of meditating and communing directly with Source, Yeshua, and the collective of Co-Creators. 

Vince, it seems pretty clear that no matter what we say or don't say, you're not interested in hearing our views and perspectives.  Perhaps to some extent that is well, because both of us are fallible humans whom sometimes mis perceive things or have distorted perception.

But I ask you to consider the following instead: Set some time aside for meditating and prayer, make a prayer/set an intention of asking to communicate and commune with only the original/first Creator and Yeshua.  Ask these to completely shield you from any hindering forces and beings. 

Focus on remembering feelings of Love and/or gratitude, when you get deep and still within, ask the above if what Albert and Justin of the Afterlife Forum have been recently saying to you is more correct than not?  Ask them if Yeshua is the original Creator, or if he is a child of the original Creator whom became a full companion and Co-Creator with same through use of the Creator given Will?

Since you won't listen to Albert and I about these issues, perhaps you'll listen to the Creator and Yeshua?

Scripture is one thing, but direct communing with Source and Yeshua is something else entirely.  There are almost hundreds of different Christian groups/sects, and many of them interpret scripture differently in various different areas. Scripture is like anything related to perception--we interpret, translate, and perceive based on how we are at a being level.  If we are not very expanded and attuned to PUL and Source within, the more distortion is found in our perception and translation.  The more we attune to and choose these, the more clear, expanded, accurate, and helpful our perception and translating tends to become. 

For awhile I read and pondered scripture (both the OT and NT, but with more emphasis on the NT), but then I decided that directly attuning to and communing with Source and Yeshua was a more helpful and direct way of realizing truths.  That has been my primary method for many years now.  When I talk about this method to others, I keep it open ended and say it's important to set an intention to communicate and commune with only the most expanded, most loving, helpful, creative-constructive (I don't tell them who or what that is).   

I keep it open ended because I don't want to overly force my beliefs on others, but my little "secret" is, I don't say it exactly like that when I do the above, I often ask and pray to attune to and communicate/commune with only Source, Yeshua, and those fully One in a conscious sense, with these. 

Though you and I have been doing this for many years now, our friend Vincent here whom has recently come to certain realizations, is the master of this method and knows far more than us cafeteria Christians whom don't know what we're talking about, even though we were correct about Seth, ACIM, etc.  Cheesy  Wink  Grin

IP Logged

SourceLover
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:18pm

Recoverer 2 wrote on Apr 26th, 2017 at 5:34pm:
Oh my, I opened the link as to why animal sacrifices are done, and stopped opening links after that.

Dude, sorry, but if things have gotten to the point where you believe that animal sacrifice business, I do not believe it is possible to have a reasonable conversation with you at this time, so I will stop trying to have one....

While the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ is not true scripture, and does contain some errors, it still is a very interesting work.  In this book, it covers some of the missing years of Yeshua. There is a part in there when a young, 12 or 13 year old Yeshua is brought to Jerusalem for the first time and comes upon the outer part of the Temple where they were selling animals to be killed in sacrifice. 

When Yeshua hears the tortured cries of the animals being killed and burned for sacrifice, he becomes very, very upset and asks why this is happening to these innocent animals, and he says that his Father God does not like, want, nor condone this kind of sacrifice. He becomes quite adamant about this point, and one of the Rabbi's that's with him and has seen the wisdom of young Yeshua, has his heart opened up and weeps with him. 

Course, a fundamentalist will automatically disregard this account and this book because it's not "Holy Scripture" and yet in this account, I think it speaks far more to truth than does some official scripture.  Yeshua was clearly a person whom was very attuned to empathy and conscious Oneness.  He knew on a deep, knowing level, that this suffering that humans were putting animals through was needless and even worse, since it was being done in the name of "God".  Yes, surely God enjoys the extreme suffering of animals. Especially when doves were burned alive, and bulls, lambs, etc had their throats cut to bleed out.

Yeah, maybe it was being done in the name of Reptilian "gods", but not the original Creator. The NT, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Edgar Cayce readings all indicate that very lacking in Light forces focused on Moses and tried to influence him.  Perhaps at times they did, though Michael fought same? 

IP Logged

Recoverer 2

ALK Member

South San Francisco
Reply #87 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 6:49pm

Justin:

If you look at old Hindu texts and what some Native Americans did, they also sacrificed animals. I wouldn't be surprised if some fake Reptilian God got people to do animal sacrifices. Such practice has nothing to do with spiritual growth and the health of our souls. It is possible that Moses was misled at times. A person who isn't able to question the Bible won't see this.

Quote:
Recoverer 2 wrote on Apr 26th, 2017 at 5:34pm:

Dude, sorry, but if things have gotten to the point where you believe that animal sacrifice business, I do not believe it is possible to have a reasonable conversation with you at this time, so I will stop trying to have one....

While the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ is not true scripture, and does contain some errors, it still is a very interesting work.  In this book, it covers some of the missing years of Yeshua. There is a part in there when a young, 12 or 13 year old Yeshua is brought to Jerusalem for the first time and comes upon the outer part of the Temple where they were selling animals to be killed in sacrifice. 

When Yeshua hears the tortured cries of the animals being killed and burned for sacrifice, he becomes very, very upset and asks why this is happening to these innocent animals, and he says that his Father God does not like, want, nor condone this kind of sacrifice. He becomes quite adamant about this point, and one of the Rabbi's that's with him and has seen the wisdom of young Yeshua, has his heart opened up and weeps with him. 

Course, a fundamentalist will automatically disregard this account and this book because it's not "Holy Scripture" and yet in this account, I think it speaks far more to truth than does some official scripture.  Yeshua was clearly a person whom was very attuned to empathy and conscious Oneness.  He knew on a deep, knowing level, that this suffering that humans were putting animals through was needless and even worse, since it was being done in the name of "God".  Yes, surely God enjoys the extreme suffering of animals. Especially when doves were burned alive, and bulls, lambs, etc had their throats cut to bleed out.

Yeah, maybe it was being done in the name of Reptilian "gods", but not the original Creator. The NT, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Edgar Cayce readings all indicate that very lacking in Light forces focused on Moses and tried to influence him.  Perhaps at times they did, though Michael fought same? 

IP Logged

seagull
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 7:31pm

I have to say, I looked at some of the links, Dude. I got to the animal sacrifice links while clicking on your suggestions randomly. I was so repulsed by the content that I thought, oh, that's why I don't read the Bible. Then, I saw all the content regarding Jesus being the sacrifice for our sins and I realized that it was equally repulsive to me for the simple reason that any God that required or approved of such a thing follows no logic I can comprehend. But, that's just me.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #89 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 7:37pm

I think that spiritual exploration brought and continues to bring seekers to this forum.  Part of this exploration involves reading and learning concepts or ideas, but another part involves a quest for direct spiritual experience.  People have presented their experiences with meditation, paranormal experiences, astral travel, etc., and have discussed near death experiences.  What unites most people here is the ability to share experiences and be open minded.

While I respect a person's decision to base their spiritual journey on the literal written interpretation of the bible, it makes it difficult to engage in discussions simply because a quote here or another there will, for the fundamentalist believer end the discussion (since to them, the quote of the written word is the highest authority).  That is why some fundamentalists eventually leave this forum, since they are there more to share the literal word of the bible, than to engage in an open discussion.

E. Swedenborg was a devout believer in Christ.  He also made thorough descriptions of the nature of the soul, heaven, hell, etc.  Some of what he described went against church doctrine - but not the teachings of the gospels.  In the NT, the nature of the soul, the stages after death that ES describes, none of this is described in any detail in the OT or NT.  For ES, his cosmology was congruous with the written word - just not the interpretation of man. 

To me, all this talk of angels vs. demons is a sign of a lack of understanding of the true nature of our consciousness.  In the physical world, we break everything down into polar opposites; good vs. evil, right vs. wrong, black vs. white, not realizing while incarnate that polar opposites are actually on a spectrum.  The yin yang sign bests describes this with a white fish and black fish in a circle.  The white fish has a black eye, and usually the black fish has a white eye, so that each of the opposites merge and the end of one is the beginning of the other. 

The idea that all spiritual communication or astral travel is to be avoided and done by the devil to deceive us is fear based nonsense (IMHO).  I see my consciousness as being part of the greater whole.  I don't see myself as being "up for grabs" by the dark side or the light, rather, we are all part of a greater consciousness. 

It is with this understanding that makes me find the fear based approach way off the mark.

M

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.