Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought. (Read 23337 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought.
Mar 9th, 2014 at 7:35pm

Eternity in heaven, scary thought!

By Alan McDougall

Thinking about eternity after death can be very scary indeed, while we all want to live in peace and joy forever after we die; the very unimaginable idea of everlasting eternity is daunting to our mortal understanding.

How would we occupy ourselves, for eternity, would one not become mind-blowingly bored with our heavily friends in a place of never ending, eternal happiness and peace, without any challenges after billions of years would become unpleasant like eating barrels of ice-cream.

Try to think the moment you die, you must go to a very new and strange place full of strangers no matter how pleasant they are. If God is going to wipe away every tear and supply all our needs, what then is left for us to do, in this heavenly realm of ecstatic bliss?

Eternity is a very long time. In fact, if you were to measure eternity it would take you forever to complete your measurement.

In fact, you would not be able to finish the measurement at all, because eternity has no ending. In fact, eternity does not have a beginning either.

Although of course, as I have explained so far, it would not actually take an eternity, it would just feel that way. For eternity is an incomprehensibly long time. It boggles the mind how one could even start to explain to someone how utterly and totally mind numbingly long eternity it simply goes on forever and ever, without ever ending.

A very much smaller unit of is the google year,
One ‘google’ year, is how much?  Lets take a number say 150,000,000,000 or in words a hundred and fifty billion years, compress or squeeze billion, billion , billion , billion , billion , billion , billion , billion, billion , billion , billion, billion, billion more years into all that time into the thickness of a single dollar note, times one billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion times over, and one-google years would give you a pile of money that reaches one hundred quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, light years high.

It would not even fit into a universe a billion, billion, billion, and times larger than our own immense universe.

How small fleeting and insignificant we are we are?

One google year, that’s truly staggering, totally beyond anything, a human can comprehend.

Nevertheless, is infinitely small when compared to eternity.

Lets take the example of a small bird sharpening its beak on  peak of mount Everest, but only once every zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion,, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion ,zillion, google years,

When the mountain is completely worn down, the first moment of eternity would not yet have occurred.

Alan  Wink

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Yvvak

ALK Member

Re: Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought.
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:34pm

Alan,
I completely agree with you on the truly incomprehensible concept of eternity and the fear it brings when one tries to grasp it, even when it hides behind the veil of endless bliss. I honestly have no idea how there could be enough scenarios to occupy an eternal timeline, so I just remain hopeful that there are beings far beyond my intelligence and wisdom that can make some sense of something that has and will continue to baffle me.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:47pm

Alan:

I've enjoyed eating chocolate chip cookies my entire life without ever getting tired of them. If I ate them all the time I probably would.

Perhaps the "horrible"  Wink monotony of perfect love, peace and joy occasionally gets broken up by events that continue to be enjoyable as long as you don't over induge in them. Events that are even more enjoyable than eating chocolate chip cookies. (Cookie Monster says, "No!"  Angry )

It could be that pretty much everything in this World eventually gets boring because the enjoyment such things lead to couldn't possibly match the fullness and completeness that is obtained when one returns to God/Source.

Notice that I wrote "returns" rather than "merged." I don't believe that God eats us up like the Cookie Monster eats cookies. This is because the way God loves us is different than how the Cookie Monster loves cookies.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 9:28pm

Alan,

If we are spiritual beings who have our memories wiped so to speak in order to be born into human bodies, perhaps that is one of a myriad of ways to deal with our immortality; we are born, for a measly human lifespan into a mortal form.  We forget, for a while, that we are immortal.  Our reactions are then the reactions of an animal that is much more humble than an immortal.  Perhaps that is one reason we do it. 

It is said that time does not exist in the afterlife.  I believe that to be true.  We don't mark time on a clock.  We live there by thought, which is more concerned with a change from one state to another.  The change of state of our soul is a type of time, in a timeless realm.  Would we get bored with this?  Well, do we get bored in earth life? 

I suppose it all depends on how interested we are in exploring new paradigms and new frontiers.  I have heard it said that Bruce and others encountered souls appearing as statues - soul statues - people who, in spirit form believed that the afterlife was a long sleep, so they chose to be inactive for a while.  But the idea was, that even these inactive souls could and would awaken when the conditions were right. 

M

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 9:55pm

Hi Matthew and Recoverer,

I think that as mortal earthly beings, the thought of existing/living forever could be a scary to  many of us, but living somewhere and somewhen in the afterlife is a much less frightening thought than ceasing to exist the moment my die. I would prefer to exist forever, but only if that existence had meaning, purpose, joy peace and lover etc. The idea of a hell scares many folk leading them to a bondage to some religious dogma.

I am sure in the afterlife, time as we know it, does not exist, and somehow there is movement, without the flow of time or entropy , a sort of ever changing moment

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:07pm

Alan,

Your concern about becoming bored when faced with the reality of knowing you are living in eternity.

That's why I often say that I am here in this place we call physical reality, "on vacation from eternity."   Here we are still living in eternity, but most people don't realize that.

After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning.

So, settle back.  Relax a little and enjoy your vacation, is how I look at lifetimes Here.

"Last incarnation" or "never coming back here" or "never reincarnating again!"  many folks say.  "Nonsense" I respond, even eternity in heaven can get boring!

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:27pm

Bruce said: "After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning."

Recoverer responds: "When I was a kid I was a Catholic but I stopped believing in such a way when I was in Jr. High School. One of the reasons I stopped doing so is because I thought "how could there be a day when God created everything if time is not only infinite in the future but also the past." Or in other words, how did the day ever arrive when the Universe was created?

Of course, the Universe was created, so the day did arrive. Therefore, does this mean that time didn't exist until it was created? Can the same thing be said for space? Perhaps such things are nothing but concepts until a conscious being is able to experience them. But how did the first consiousce being come to be? Existence is mind boggling. Cheesy

Logically it makes more sense that nothing at all existed, but certainly that isn't the case. So much for logic.

I once had an experience where I understood how it is possible for everything to exist, but I don't remember the answer.

That said, does the Source of existence understand how it came to be?

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:50pm

No end and no beginning, eternity. Endless possibilities. The mind does boggle!

Earth. Heaven. Earth. Heave.. wait a second.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm

Even eternity in heaven can be boring? I guess I'll take my chances on being bored there, which I doubt I will ever be. All I will have to do is remind myself of the myriad reasons why I do not wish to return to an "animal" body with whims and desires of its own in conflict with all the other "animal" bodies on this planet.

For instance, just a few hours ago I almost got my chance to "check out" via a car which almost ran over me on my little scooter. Because I was not in a big vehicle the car owner simply "saw me as not there" even when I was right in front of her car. I narrowly avoided being squashed on the spot and truly messing up her day.

This is a dog eat dog world, or a cat eats dog world, whatever works out best. I'll take eternity and all the folks there who have had countless eons to dream up wonderful things to see and do there in a spirit body. Honestly, do any one of you really want to return here and live in an "animal" body again? Seriously.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:29pm

Seagull:

I'm with you, I don't want to return to an animal body. I figure light beings are smart enough to figure out ways to be content without having to incarnate into an animal body.

seagull wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm:
Even eternity in heaven can be boring? I guess I'll take my chances on being bored there, which I doubt I will ever be. All I will have to do is remind myself of the myriad reasons why I do not wish to return to an "animal" body with whims and desires of its own in conflict with all the other "animal" bodies on this planet.

For instance, just a few hours ago I almost got my chance to "check out" via a car which almost ran over me on my little scooter. Because I was not in a big vehicle the car owner simply "saw me as not there" even when I was right in front of her car. I narrowly avoided being squashed on the spot and truly messing up her day.

This is a dog eat dog world, or a cat eats dog world, whatever works out best. I'll take eternity and all the folks there who have had countless eons to dream up wonderful things to see and do there in a spirit body. Honestly, do any one of you really want to return here and live in an "animal" body again? Seriously.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 10:31pm

Bruce Moen wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:07pm:
Alan,

Your concern about becoming bored when faced with the reality of knowing you are living in eternity.

That's why I often say that I am here in this place we call physical reality, "on vacation from eternity."   Here we are still living in eternity, but most people don't realize that.

After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning.

So, settle back.  Relax a little and enjoy your vacation, is how I look at lifetimes Here.

"Last incarnation" or "never coming back here" or "never reincarnating again!"  many folks say.  "Nonsense" I respond, even eternity in heaven can get boring!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Perhaps eternity becomes much less boring when one fully re-merges with Source and starts becoming a fully conscious Co-Creator of other realities and unique, free willed Consciousnesses to grow in same?   Might be a game changer of sorts...  Wink

Regarding incarnating into materiality.  Have you ever eaten or done something so much, that you just get sick of it, and at some point, you lost all attraction to having or doing same again?   

By American standards, i was fairly poor while growing up.  I remember a period when we would get this cheap pizza all the time for dinner (because it was really cheap).  When it started, i liked the pizza, but wasn't crazy about it.  After awhile, i got really sick of that pizza.  Or another analogy, there are very, very few movies that i can watch more than once or twice. 

With that said, i would incarnate here again to help others if it was needed.  More about that later.  But, i suppose that maybe even at some point, we might mix it up again. 

Also, perhaps you also here to further grow in Love as well as to help others in that endeavor?  Your other self, Monroe, was not accepted into the core of Source because he was yet "small and incomplete". 

Seems to be a lot more than just "vacation".  Another thing about the vacation from eternity concept.  If that's the main reason why you are here, to forget the eternity and eternal aspect of reality, why have you put so much effort, focus, etc. in becoming aware of your eternal nature, what the nonphysical is like, how things really work down here and for what purpose, etc? 

Seems to be kind of a spoiler, if this is just a movie to entertain and distract for a little while.   Seems the best way to get that full non eternal effect, is to be full of fear, uncertainty, and completely unaware of the reality of our eternal nature, the nonphysical, etc. 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 11:14pm

seagull wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm:

Glad you are ok and not a mangled mess!  Checking out is one thing, and nothing to be sad about, but dealing with a mangled body is another.  Btw, i can relate.  I've had a few close calls driving a motorcycle, which would have been the car driver's fault (and would have resulted in likely death if it had happened). 

My wife one time had a dream that a guide told her that this was probably my last life here as a human.  But, seems i just can't get enough of Earth because another dream she had, about a future in-human lifetime of hers (she saw herself in a different looking body, etc) during a war with an unfriendly E.T. group, she became aware that i came back here as a positive, love attuned E.T. who at one point helped her during a tough situation having to do with that unfriendly group. 

What's odd about this, is that she hadn't read or yet heard about the part in Rosalind McKnight's book Cosmic Journey's which talks about a probable outright future war with an unfriendly group. 

Anyways, i would incarnate here directly again for service purposes, but i suspect that it's probable that after the collapse, humanity will be moving in the right direction enough that this won't be really necessary.  Much will become changed for the better, especially as time goes by.

Guess i'm taking my vacations to other places, with upgraded vehicles that are faster and more fuel efficient than these current ones.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 5:20am

I perceive eternity in the afterlife as a circle, but where you never experience the same event twice. Like the philosophical idea that it is impossible to step into the same river twice.

This is why partners give each other rings as symbols of enternal love and respect for each other.

Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:57am

"Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die."

I can fully agree there, however I do not think that - assuming there is an afterlife -  we will continue to experience  time in the same way as we do as humans. The concept of time is very linked to the way we experience things, see things, perceive things. If we perceive differently as part of the Source, part of a disk or in however way it will be, then our time exprience will likely be different as well.

What`s more, "eternity" is there no matter what, so Alan, I hear you there - an eternity of "being" is definetly a more agreeable thought than an eternity of "nonbeing".

Something I`Ve always wondered: If this universe comes to an end and assuming there will be no restart (entropy theory or similar), and there is no movement anymore on account of a lack of energy, will there be time at all? And if there isn`t any time, then it totally leaves what I can still imagine  Cheesy

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:48pm

chrwe wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:57am:
"Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die."

I can fully agree there, however I do not think that - assuming there is an afterlife -  we will continue to experience  time in the same way as we do as humans. The concept of time is very linked to the way we experience things, see things, perceive things. If we perceive differently as part of the Source, part of a disk or in however way it will be, then our time exprience will likely be different as well.

What`s more, "eternity" is there no matter what, so Alan, I hear you there - an eternity of "being" is definetly a more agreeable thought than an eternity of "nonbeing".

Something I`Ve always wondered: If this universe comes to an end and assuming there will be no restart (entropy theory or similar), and there is no movement anymore on account of a lack of energy, will there be time at all? And if there isn`t any time, then it totally leaves what I can still imagine  Cheesy

Science can't tell us if there were time before the Big Bang of creation, but logic tells me that our universe does not make up all of existence and countless other realms, be they material of ethereal, must exist outside our present understanding of all things. Thus at the big bang of our particular universe , the clock of linear time started and will end some-when in the unimaginable future because our universe is finite and running down towards a cold dark death due to the relentless flow of entropy.

Our physical bodies perish because of entropy?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.