Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Spiritual Knowledge - What will you do with it? (Read 18818 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Spiritual Knowledge - What will you do with it?
Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:18am

A topic that is not addressed that often on the forum is that of knowing yourself, your inner self/spirit, and what you do with that knowledge on the path to self-discovery.

Many paths from the great religions teach that the kingdom of heaven/enlightenment is within ourselves, and that it is the illusion of the primacy of the physical body and the physical world that creates much misery.  We attach ourselves to our bodies, and physical things, and don't spend much time in self-discovery of our inner spirit, based in love.  As long as we continue in this attachment to the ego-based outcomes, we are to some extent unhappy.

But what happens when a person gets in touch with his/her soul, and really believes that he/she is primary a spiritual being, wearing a physical shell/clothing?  What then?  If you find your inner self, and really "get it," what would you do with that knowledge? How would it change your future efforts and actions?

M

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Re: Spiritual Knowledge - What will you do with it?
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 3:40pm

If I find my inner self, and really "get it" I guess I would try to aim my future efforts and actions to expand "having it" and become even more in touch with my soul.

So much for a short and quick reply...

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:40am

The thought of an afterlife, of myself as a continuing, growing spirit which lives on after discarding this body, is somewhat comforting. The thought that there are other spirits there whose mission is one of pure kindness is also comforting.

I realize that everyone is seeking happiness in their own ways. I don't think I'd do anything differently now, because my personal growth doesn't depend on an afterlife, as I see it now.

But the thought that personal growth can continue indefinitely is a much more hopeful one than the thought that it can be cut off abruptly, with no choice as to the outcome. Ultimately, it gives me a sense of more control, to think that I and all others live on. 

If what are seen as problems here are not completely solved here, there is always later, and those who care are waiting in the wings.

For instance, to have one's personality and character extinguished at death seems to be a very helpless position in which to live. One could even consider it very unkind, if not indifferent.

But, an afterlife, whatever it is, implies that there is more than this purely physical life. If it is not a worse environment, it must be better, so that is what I choose to believe.

IP Logged

Griffin

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:08pm

I can tell you some of what it would be like if  it hadn't sunk deep into my bones that I'm a spiritual being having the temporary experience of the physical, human life...

I wouldn't be a musician. Becoming a musician is the direct result of being visited by a being-in-spirit almost 40 years ago. I can still taste the sheer joy of that encounter that came from both of us...

My life wouldn't be such a mess. Piles of music I'm working on, craft & art projects in various stages of completion, theatrical magical pieces in-progress, emotions & notions & potions everywhere etc.

Without knowing myself as Spirit, life would be cleaner and.... boring.

Without Spirit, I would know all the answers. I'd walk out the door in the morning knowing exactly where I am, what the people I meet are...  as-it-is, I walk out into the Unknown everyday.

Otherwise, knowing you're a spiritual being doesn't mean you don't have to wash dishes or do laundry anymore.                                                                                   Tim                                                                           

IP Logged

Ginny

Wa
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:30pm

DocM,

What a great question.

Self-discovery brought me full circle, meaning that when all was said and done (I think Wink), when all the drama and confusion lifted, all that remained was my slightly beat up but astonished reflection in the mirror...which made me burst into laughter. It's liberating and you want to share it. It isn't something you would ever want to hoard--you'd be missing the point entirely.

I don't feel that anyone needs me to assume that they need what I've discovered. Each of us is where we're suppose to be, where we've chosen to be, right here and now. But if someone is curious, if something strikes an inner chord... Roll Eyes.

Much love Doc,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 1:50pm

Griffin wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:08pm:
Otherwise, knowing you're a spiritual being doesn't mean you don't have to wash dishes or do laundry anymore.                                                                                   Tim                                                                           

I guess that depends, in the more ultra cases such people might do that for others sometimes, but not have to do it for themselves as some kind of physical necessity. 

I feel/intuit/think there is a point that we can reach wherein if we become clear enough channels for PUL, some of the physical rule sets we seem so bound by, aren't necessarily such strictures anymore. 

Like aging, getting sick, dying, being hungry, thirsty, needing shelter, needing sleep, etc, etc. 

But the above is not a goal or an end unto itself, just an eventual side affect of being and living as your true self that is in the world but not of it anymore.  For most, it's very eventual i suppose, but to know that such is possible and achievable by all has some worth i think.  Why else do we get little big hints of it in various unrelated and/or different sources like Monroe, Cayce, McKnight, etc, etc or in my case some direct guidance about it?   Not for the sensational, no, but for it's deeper implications, and what it means about being a spiritual consciousness focusing part of it's awareness in this temp. stream of info and perception and relation known as the physical.  Much more than physical?  So much more, and so far only one human has really shown that full potential.  Since some react to names so strongly we can label him "He/She" for a more neutral flavor.   Wink

IP Logged

Griffin

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 11:12pm

Hi Justin,  the exploration of our shared afterlife is, for me, "beyond belief".  I don't know if when Bob Monroe talked about "He/She", he was talking about Jesus. He might have been. That's Mr. Monroe's business, not mine.  As such, his way is his own.  I paddle my own canoe.  The water itself doesn't seem to care about religion.  Not starting an arguement here; whatever floats your own boat is your own passion.                                                                                                 My best to you & all of your own, Tim

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 4:51pm

Its funny,
I was just purusing a website that is run by a group of very dedicated and "out" ascension proponents. And I was saying to myself, I wonder if I would have the courage to be so open about my beliefs if they were so far outside the beaten path? I continue to seek a deeper understanding of what I seem to know is true but can't say that I have experienced anything so definitive. I am working in what I hope is that direction, and do hope that when I have that Ah Ha moment, I will have the courage to sing it to the mountain tops, no matter how  I sound to others.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:36pm

Matthew's question is a foundational question of Christian spirituality.  In effect, God gives you a taste of grace or healing through mystical experience--but just a taste---and then asks, "What would you be willing to do if I established an even more intimate bond with you?"  If your answer is, "I would serve Jesus with all my heart by becoming His hands and feet reaching out to meet the needs of hurting souls," you will encounter the Spirit of Christ in every person you  strive to help.  If instead you reply, "I would pursue a mystical lifestyle in the hope of attaining greater self-fulfillment,"  then the taste of holiness will slowly erode into a belief system of ever more tiresome cliches and dogmas that inoculate you against life-transforming union with the divine. Lasting satisfaction of the highest type depends on a recgnition of God as PUL, a recognition that leads to a life designed to pursue and embody PUL through service to God through service to others. 

For example, consider a life-changing moment in the life of the spoiled son of a wealthy cloth merchant.  This young man was always repulsed by the very sick and the smelly poor.  Then one day, he heard what seemed like an audible voice, saying, "Prefer bitterness to sweetness if you want to know Me."  Clueless to what this might mean, he was riding his horse, when he encountered a leper with a badly disfigured face that made him want to barf.  As he quickly rode by, the thought struck him that this man might embody the "bitterness" he was supposed to prefer to "sweetness."   So he turned around, got off his horse, and kissed the leper on his pussy cheek, thrusting a few coins in his hand.  As he did so, wave after wave of liquid love surged through his  being.  When he rode off, he felt an impulse to look back.  The leper had dematerialized. It was then that this spoiled rich kid realized that Christ had come to him disguised as a leper.  That experience was the catalyst for the tranformation of a spoiled rich kid into the saint, Francis of Assisi.  From  then on, whenever he encountered the sick and the needy, he experienced such encounters as Christ coming to him in disguise. 

Fon
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:00pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:07pm

"Fon" brings up great points, if that is the direction that a person is called for their service in life. I think it is important to remember, in addition, that without self-nurture there is little energy for giving to others. Seeking wholeness in oneself can be a valid path, so that what you have may spill over others, and your own happiness can be a light for others as well. I think it all depends on where you are at, and what the need is. It is true that service to others, in whatever capacity is best for you, brings benefit to all. But, your own happiness, if not completely self-serving, can be a beacon. In effect, you teach others to value themselves by valuing your own self in a healthy way. Just a thought.

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 12:46pm

I wonder why an almighty and omnipotent god would need anyone's servitude. Amongst one's physical friends, does our knowledge about spiritual matters make us their Lords? How often would we then wash our feet to accommodate their obligated kisses? How dare they not leave continuous praise our way, we who want nothing but for them to be happy in their love for us?

A part of the world now in the news, North Korea, have "gotten it" and moves forward in a peculiar way. A group-oriented miniature civilization, in all its simplistic communal fascist glory. Individualism, spirit growth and development are suppressed potentials. The whole 'group' becomes a 'state' in and of itself. Water under the bridge, for me.

Well, "get it" and get that there's still a lot of ground to cover and hopefully new personal and shared discoveries that aren't ground related. Sometimes I carry my own weight, sometimes give and/or receive a helping hand.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 7:38am

You are always inspiring, BobMoenroe!

"I wonder why an almighty and omnipotent god would need anyone's servitude.”
You know that one is not talking about a person when one says ‘...need anyone’s servitude.’ It’s an energy exchange--maybe ying for yang or protons for electrons, or units of measure in a scheme we haven’t yet discovered. 

"Amongst one's physical friends, does our knowledge about spiritual matters make us their Lords?”
If we knew them well enough maybe we’d know that their spiritual knowledge can equal or be greater than ours.

"How often would we then wash our feet to accommodate their obligated kisses?” I don’t know if you’re talking about pets or people.   
"How dare they not leave continuous praise our way, we who want nothing but for them to be happy in their love for us?”
Do you push them away to avoid the natural state all beings hope for,-- a loving relationship of whatever type is appropriate of friends, lovers, pet owners...

My rescuedog Toby came from an abusing life and when first arrived would hide under the couch and only come out for food. His eyes said he was miserable, he didn’t want that life. Gradually he came out for curiosity and then love. He has lowered my blood pressure over 20 points because our relationship is a good one.

It seems to me the purpose of spiritual knowledge is to release our spirits into loving relationships with all creation from God to dog.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

isee
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:29am

"It seems to me the purpose of spiritual knowledge is to release our spirits into loving relationships with all creation from God to dog."

I love how this was said, Bets. My little friend has changed my life and given me a source of pure, unconditional love. She puts any human to shame with her patience, good cheer, devotion and affection.

My 1 month marker for being a vegan has passed, and it isn't hard to do (!), and I will continue on in honor of our amazing companions on this planet.

If eating plant food is somehow cruel and inhumane, that's going to be a tough one....but there is no end to thinking, and to realizing better ways of agriculture, and supporting the people and environment of the planet. We have a long way to go.....or, we don't....if we won't reach across the aisle of our differences and solve our problems.

But, who wants to hear my blather? Probably no one, but thanks for the listen! Smiley

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 12:14pm

Griffin wrote on Apr 9th, 2013 at 11:12pm:
Hi Justin,  the exploration of our shared afterlife is, for me, "beyond belief".  I don't know if when Bob Monroe talked about "He/She", he was talking about Jesus. He might have been. That's Mr. Monroe's business, not mine.  As such, his way is his own.  I paddle my own canoe.  The water itself doesn't seem to care about religion.  Not starting an arguement here; whatever floats your own boat is your own passion.                                                                                                 My best to you & all of your own, Tim

Beyond belief?  haha, good luck with that one! 

Re: He/She, Monroe etc.  Information is information and no one individual owns it.  Experience is personal and most pertains to the individual that had same, but let's not fool ourselves and put the cart before the horse too much, in a reality of connectedness others and their experiences can affect and have meaning for the rest of us too at times depending.

In any case, it's easy enough to "translate" experiences into information that pertain to us.  Such as meditating and asking "guidance" about something we heard and are curious about, but which may not be true or not.  OR, just setting a basic intention to be open to receive only that information which is most true/accurate, helpful, constructive, etc, etc. for both us as indivdiuals and in our affect on or relation to the Whole.

But, that oft takes courage, and a true step in moving beyond belief in so far as that is possible.  Hard to do when there are certain strong and ironic attachments, no?  Buddha be heavy at times, but true duty is light as a feather. 

And believe it or not Tim, i'm not just trying to goad you.  I do love you and consider you my brother. 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 12:21pm

That's pretty cool Isee.  Keep up the good work, but also listen to your body via intuition too.  Everything flows in cycles and phases, sometimes we move in and move out, and there may be reasons for same. 

But if you keep up regular, deep and expansive meditation, it makes it MUCH easier on the body to eat solely vegan. 

Ultimately, we don't even necessarily require material, earth based food i suspect.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.