Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Time Problem (Read 15787 times)
Lauris

ALK Member

The Time Problem
Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:08pm

Hi there.

I wanted to mention the idea present in many esoteric ideas and literature, which Bruce also mentions. It's the idea that somehow it is possible to be "outside time" and take actions in past or the future. To be honest, it never made any sense to me, and I will tell you why.

I don't really think anything besides the present moment actually exists like a separate dimension or whatnot. For the simple reason that that would negate free will - you can't have any "future" pre-existing, for that would require for every atom to be perfectly predefined forever. Future is our word for the unrealized potential - the change that will happen in the present moment. Past might be possible to explore as a history record, and future possibilities might bee seen in visions, but they're more like a weather forecast, not a sci-fi movie thing.

I think eternity means time. Eternal time, for without time no sequence of anything can take place, and everything is frozen, so to speak.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks Smiley.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Re: The Time Problem
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:24pm

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/the_universe-t32104.0.h...
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_quantum_physics/astral_time_a_defin...

That's the best I can come up with. Problem is also when someone mentions that they've lived a whole life in another Locale III during a 5 minutes OBE..

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 6:17pm

To be outside of time but take action in the past or future just doesn't work for me. The past and the future are within the sphere of "time"

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 9:33pm

It is my understanding that there is something about being incarnate and on earth that makes our consciousness see time in a linnear pattern.  In other states of consciousness, many people have described a sense of timelessness - it is said that focus 27 and the heavens are an example of this.  People don't measure time, but rather events are measured by a change in state from one state of being to another (this was mentioned by E. Swedenborg in the 1700s).

Princeton's P.E.A.R. center was founded decades ago to study the effect that human intention had on random number generating machines.  Among the routine studies that they performed were several interesting experiments showing that human conscious intention could have an effect on past or future events.

The P.E.A.R. lab consisted basically of several shielded random number generating machines.  Imagine a machine that was shielded from all interference that would randomly flip a coin heads or tails millions of times.  Statistically, you could say that close to exactly 50% of the time, the machine should throw a "heads" and 50% of the time a "tails." 

Princeton had thousands of volunteers sit in front of these machines and try to effect the outcome of the coin toss.  What they found and published was that there was a small but statistically significant effect of human intention on the outcome of these shielded random number generating machines - unexplainable by any known physical means.  This was published in peer reviewed journals.  In other words, some people or groups could make a shielded random number generating machine flip more "heads" or more "tails" as an outcome than the machine was programmed to do on its own.

The P.E.A.R. lab also took the results of tests that had been run, and put them in an envelope and asked volunteers to try to change the outcome of events in the envelope (I am doing this from memory).  what was found when they broke the seal of the envelope was that when they randomly generated numbers and then, at a future time asked people to try to change the outcome (which had been performed in the past), there was a small but significant difference in the outcome.  This only could have happened if the human being's conscious intention changed events or probabilities in the past!

So what does this mean?  To me, it does NOT mean that free will is invalid.  But what it does show is that our conscious mind, which exists outside of the physical plane, can change probabilities and outcomes independent of linnear time.  Thought creates reality, and is independent of the measurement of time to some extent.

Matthew

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 12:00pm

Tom Campbell talks about the realm of probabilities and how one can tap into that realm but not actually predict the future but make a highly probable guess based on the information attained before the outcome is realized. As for past events he has some interesting information on changing a present outcome by concentrating on the past event and changing it there so that the result is a new and different outcome in the present. But as with Matthew's statistics there was only a small yet significant difference in the outcomes.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 1:32pm

Well, our friend Seth says that there is no one single time line as we think of it.  Instead, there are an infinite number of pasts and futures.  I believe he called them probable pasts/futures.

In other words, there was a world where the atom bomb was never dropped on Japan, and there was a world where the Cuban missile crisis did plunge the world into nuclear war.

There is also a world where I married X instead of Y and bought a Chevy instead of a Ford.

In essence, any decision point of any magnitude, great or small, spins off all possible consequences of all possible decisions, not just the decision that we think was made.

I'm not sure how the string theory fits into this, but I believe there are some correlations.

Of course, that also means there was a probable past where Jane Roberts wasn't born and the Seth Material was never written.  Wink

R

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 1:42pm

Oh, I definitely think the past can be changed, as well as the future. It is simply a matter of what you are willing to let go of, what you are willing to forget...right now. Right now is the 'road to infinity', and it's certainly not a Mr. or a Ms.

Open to interpretation. Smiley

IP Logged

Lauris

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 4:18pm

Thanks for your replies, everybody.

DocM said: "People don't measure time, but rather events are measured by a change in state from one state of being to another".

But that is what we are doing right now! What we call "time" is an experience of constant change of state.

All other teories you guys referred to are just theories Smiley. And a PROABABLE future isn't the same as THE FUTURE you could travel to. That's what makes reality consistent. There are a gazillion of probabilities in this universe, chance and choice play their roles. And that's what makes it interesting.

Erm, yes I will humbly stick to my understanding Smiley.

IP Logged

Lauris

ALK Member

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 4:21pm

b2: Forgetting something that happened doesn't make it un-happen. Past can not be changed (in my opinion), and future can be chosen, but again I must say - future is just a word for what NOW will be. Now is the only time that exists. Eternity is NOW.

I can't see how one could argue for the contrary without creating semantic paradoxes Smiley.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 1:30pm

Lauris wrote on Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Hi there.

I wanted to mention the idea present in many esoteric ideas and literature, which Bruce also mentions. It's the idea that somehow it is possible to be "outside time" and take actions in past or the future. To be honest, it never made any sense to me, and I will tell you why.

I don't really think anything besides the present moment actually exists like a separate dimension or whatnot. For the simple reason that that would negate free will - you can't have any "future" pre-existing, for that would require for every atom to be perfectly predefined forever. Future is our word for the unrealized potential - the change that will happen in the present moment. Past might be possible to explore as a history record, and future possibilities might bee seen in visions, but they're more like a weather forecast, not a sci-fi movie thing.

I think eternity means time. Eternal time, for without time no sequence of anything can take place, and everything is frozen, so to speak.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks Smiley.

There is no past and no future... now is all there is... therefore everything is always happening at once... one shifts ones attention back and forth... only one tenth of one percent of earth population is aware and in control of this... Eckhart Tolle describes the phenomena in 'The Power of Noe'...  i.e.. Monroe's Facilitator is an example. also. There are others of course...

S.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 1:39pm

I agree, S. Tolle's description is  a very good one. I've seen many try to put the idea in perspective and he does a great job. There is only this moment.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 10:29pm

So far my perception is that time, or rather our perception of the degree of connection or lack of same, between different events, experiences, etc. is relative to the consciousness "bandwidth" one is primarily perceiving from.  (this gets interesting and tricky when one is switching back and forth, in a primary sense, from rather different perspectives).

The slower vibratory, or more separatist (because of selfishness) one's consciousness and perspective, the more time seems very linear and the more one perceives separation between "this and that" whether it be an experience, event, or whatever.   In sooth, everything becomes, or rather just seems to be more separated and unconnected in ones perceptions.

Conversely, the faster vibratory, or more Oneness and PUL Consciousness attuned one becomes, the broader and more encompassing the perspective and perception between "this and that" becomes; it ALL becomes more unified & connected. 

So, in the level or perspective and consciousness of pure Spirit or Source, time doesn't seem to exist in the way most in physicals often perceive it as. 

Because it becomes all time.  It becomes all time because one is fully conscious of the interconnection between self and the All. 

In a reality of Oneness and complete interconnection, purely linear based time perception won't happen.   

But i think there is still a cognizance of the difference in vibratory patterns, and one can still "dip into" different flows based on different dimensional interactions and perspectives. 

I'm just theorizing on the above, since I'm not yet consciously fully there in complete Source attunement. 

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be a very important issue to me anyways, and one can wrack ones mind about it till the cows come home to no avail.   It's a intellectual distraction from the important stuff--living that which truly opens up ones perceptions and consciousness to an ever growing truth and the real knowing of same.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 10:37pm

Yeah I agree Justin. It can be a distraction. I was just thinking that too.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 1:23pm

Quote:

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be a very important issue to me anyways, and one can wrack ones mind about it till the cows come home to no avail.   It's a intellectual distraction from the important stuff--living that which truly opens up ones perceptions and consciousness to an ever growing truth and the real knowing of same.

Hi: This is precisely the point. The Absolute Truth just IS and is beyond intellect... it is all experiencial and until you experience the NOW or self-realization in all its glory there are no intellectual codas that can encompass it... thus Monroe emphacized that 'establishing personal 'experiential knowns' is the best you can hope for... it is not tranferable.

S.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 3:45pm

I agree with Seraphis.  Actually, even the title of this Board is misleading since "knowledge" of the afterlife is really quite unobtainable.  At best we can only get bits and pieces and even those are highly distorted by our own internal filters.

The best description of what lies beyond this physical plane is the word ineffable.  Seraphis is right...there are no words and no intellect that can even begin to understand.

That's why books such as Ninety Minutes in Heaven have meaning only to the author.  To assume that his experience is something the rest of us will have is comforting, but highly misleading.

In the meantime, all we really have to do is try to live by the Golden Rule.  Spending time (and money) thinking that we can understand the nature of reality and what lies beyond is a fool's errand.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.