Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Re:Robert Bruce! (Read 60482 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re:Robert Bruce!
Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:44pm

Hi all: Robert Bruce has created a video blog at AstralBob.com. Interesting stuff.

S.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Re:Robert Bruce!
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:15am

Have you been following this? I tried listening to some of the videos but the sound is too low; can't seem to turn it up.

Is RB getting commercial or has this always been his style?

That said, hmmm some is interesting.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:08am

Lucy wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:15am:
Have you been following this? I tried listening to some of the videos but the sound is too low; can't seem to turn it up.

Is RB getting commercial or has this always been his style?

That said, hmmm some is interesting.

Hi Lucy: Yes, he is... he has decided to build a brick and mortar institute or spiritual center (higher self instruction so he says) like the Monroe Institute... it will be interesting to see if he can accomplish it since he doesn't seem to want big money investors and of course he doesn't have a Tv cable company to sell.

S.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 11:59am

In this audio clip at 41:05 - 47:10, RB speaks about his future institute. He also mentions meeting Monroe twice in the year 2006.

Important notice, once RB realized that "his" institute was TMI, he says he doesn't know if he ever will have a physical institute.

Audio Clip -> http://blog.astraldynamics.com/2008/10/22/vancouver-excerpts-3/

---

Also, much of RB's material seems to be for free, but he apparently needs some money to build his institute if it ever will become physical... So I guess that's why he starts to charge some stuff. Smiley

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:21pm

I recently checked out this site.  I did not like how when i tried to exit the main page without signing up for the blog, that i was redirected to another page ala spyware/spam like ways which asked me if i was sure if i wanted to exit without signing up for the blog. 

The above does not speak of integrity to me.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:33pm

I still don't buy Robert Bruce's story about Sai Baba materializing to him as a being of light (before Sai Baba died). It was found that Sai Baba, a self-proclaimed incarnation of God, molested some of the male children of his followers. At first Robert Bruce wrote that this wasn't true, but eventually he had to admit that it was.

This put him in a difficult position, because how could a child molesting fraudulent guru appear to him as a being of light? So Robert Bruce ended up defending Sai Baba's child molesting ways by claiming that Avatars (incarnations of God) are hard to figure out, and that the boys agreed to be molested.

Even if children are emotionally mature enough to agree to have sex with an old guru (they aren't), permission had nothing to do with it, because after a boy would enter Sai Baba's room he would immediately start molesting the boy.

But I suppose Robert Bruce had to cover his tracks.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 8:02pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:33pm:
I still don't buy Robert Bruce's story about Sai Baba materializing to him as a being of light (before Sai Baba died).

In one of RB's sound recordings on his blog, RB says that the person materializing looked like a photo of Sai Baba which RB saw some time later, but...

It seemed to me that RB didn't fully think it was Sai Baba, but some kind of image similar to him.

Maybe it was just some kind of guide, taking on the appearance of a tall black man?

IP Logged

Lakeman

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:27pm

I once heard Joseph Campbell talk, many years ago, about the dangers of the guru practice and concept (both in Asia and as it is imported here). He said that in the east, the idea is that the student should submit absolutely to the guru’s authority, even turning over moral decision-making to the teacher. He pointed out the dangers that such submission poses, and how the idea of individual decision-making and personal authority has been a cornerstone of the western consciousness. It seems to me that the Sai Baba case provides a vivid illustration of what Campbell was talking about, and also how followers will try to rationalize the most despicable behavior as “crazy wisdom” or evidence of some higher values that mere mortals and peons like us are not supposed to question. This is authoritarian and totalitarian thinking, pure and simple mind control. I have also read some of Robert Bruce’s books. It seems to me that he likes to come off as a “Man of Knowledge”--a guru-like authority who Knows and Has Experienced It All. This is very different (or so it seems to me) from Bruce Moen’s “here try this and see if it works,” and Bob Monroe’s “check it out for yourself,” approaches. I think all guru-types wind up painting themselves into a corner, and, for the sake of the rest of us, they should be left there.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:29pm

I don't remember Robert Bruce's exact words--he said something such as, "I was working on some papers and suddenly the room filled with light and SAI Baba appeared."

Regardless of the above, why did he find it necessary to defend Sai Baba's child molesting activities by saying things such as it was okay for Sai Baba to have sex with the children because they allowed it?

Why did he continue to refer to Sai Baba as an Avatar?

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 10:16pm

recoverer wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:29pm:
Regardless of the above, why did he find it necessary to defend Sai Baba's child molesting activities by saying things such as it was okay for Sai Baba to have sex with the children because they allowed it?

Could you please provide the clip.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2011 at 6:49am by PauliEffectt »  

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:17pm

Lakeman wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:27pm:
I once heard Joseph Campbell talk, many years ago, about the dangers of the guru practice and concept (both in Asia and as it is imported here). He said that in the east, the idea is that the student should submit absolutely to the guru’s authority, even turning over moral decision-making to the teacher. He pointed out the dangers that such submission poses, and how the idea of individual decision-making and personal authority has been a cornerstone of the western consciousness. It seems to me that the Sai Baba case provides a vivid illustration of what Campbell was talking about, and also how followers will try to rationalize the most despicable behavior as “crazy wisdom” or evidence of some higher values that mere mortals and peons like us are not supposed to question. This is authoritarian and totalitarian thinking, pure and simple mind control. I have also read some of Robert Bruce’s books. It seems to me that he likes to come off as a “Man of Knowledge”--a guru-like authority who Knows and Has Experienced It All. This is very different (or so it seems to me) from Bruce Moen’s “here try this and see if it works,” and Bob Monroe’s “check it out for yourself,” approaches. I think all guru-types wind up painting themselves into a corner, and, for the sake of the rest of us, they should be left there.

Would not disagree with the above, but maybe enlarge the view a little.  I suspect that a number  guru's and teachers probably started off with some good intent at the beginning, but became corrupted by power. 

It's a hard, seductive trap to not fall into, the guru & power trap.   

I have a lot of respect for RAM. Monroe (from what i know) was pretty consistently good about not falling into that trap in a general way, but to be fair, if his biographies (especially the latter) are to be believed, the man had fairly autocratic and controlling tendencies at times when it came to the people more close to him personally.  True, it wasn't necessarily about belief systems, but ways of interacting socially, etc such as "I'm the boss and you WILL DO what i say, by my way, or it's the highway".  This, in it's own ways is part of the Guru trap.  Perhaps in the light of his many positive accomplishments and general good, this part of RAM wasn't seen so much by outsiders and more casual acquaintances. 

But yes, he was good at, and should be lauded for avoiding the more obvious guru traps.  Though sometimes i suspect his automatic "find out for yourself" was partially also about his being uncomfortable with responsibility in connection with others and a self defense mechanism.  The simple truth is that we do influence each other, and we shouldn't seek to avoid this per se, but to do it only in the right ways with respect to other peoples freewill and their unique growth processes and needs.  Take your average high level nonphysical guide type to see the kind of responsibility that i'm talking about, and how they go about influencing in the right ways.

For maybe it's like comparing apples and oranges, but i do note that there was a pretty big difference in example and lifetime patterns between Monroe and someone i respect even more so than him, Yeshua.  The latter took on more responsibility for his influence on others, and maybe it was a case of he really knew deep down that he was fit for that role, and Bob knew that he was all to human to take on such a role?   In that case, thank goodness for the wisdom and simple self honesty of RAM.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #11 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 3:00am

Justin

Quote:
I recently checked out this site.  I did not like how when i tried to exit the main page without signing up for the blog, that i was redirected to another page ala spyware/spam like ways which asked me if i was sure if i wanted to exit without signing up for the blog.

When I am at work, I do not bookmark THIS site so I usually go to here from Google. The same thing often happens with this site; I get hijacked to a search site. After a few tries, or sometimes initially, I get a message that the site is blocked (by the workplace) because malware has been detected and this is not a safe site.

So I go in under "cached" but the point is, this happens all the time, so is this site being used by malware?

I realize RB's site does this on purpose, but to me it is just as annoying that this (afterlife knowledge) site always has a problem.

IP Logged

kirolak

What brings you here will
take you somewhere else

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 4:41am

Just to point out that I have only ever had kindness & assistance, not to mention distance healing, from Robert Bruce. . . who knows what really happened with the Sai Baba manifestation. . . spirits are as capable of misrepresenting themselves as we meat-bound beings are. Sad

IP Logged

Elanor

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 6:37am

Hello everyone!

After years of lurking and rarely posting, my Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook has arrived in my mail. I'm a bit scared, so wish me luck everyone...

Since we're on the topic of Sai Baba, I would like to recount an experience I had about fourteen years ago. I was in my school library, reading an article in a large encyclopedia-like book about Sai Baba.

All of a sudden, a strong pungent smell of sandalwood hit me in the face. I say "hit", because it seemed to suddenly manifest in front of my nose and fill my head with its scent. I was completely taken by surprise and looked around my friends reading and studying, to see if anyone noticed anything. Nobody seemed to.

So I went back to the book to see if it would happen a second time. It did!

When I was a child in primary school, I had a friend whose mum/stepmum (can't recall) believed in Sai Baba. She said that when it was her mum/stepmum's birthday, her home would be filled with the fragrance of sandalwood.

Is he a fraud? How do I account for this experience?

Elanor x

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 8:00am

Lucy wrote on Feb 17th, 2011 at 3:00am:
Justin

Quote:

When I am at work, I do not bookmark THIS site so I usually go to here from Google. The same thing often happens with this site; I get hijacked to a search site. After a few tries, or sometimes initially, I get a message that the site is blocked (by the workplace) because malware has been detected and this is not a safe site.

So I go in under "cached" but the point is, this happens all the time, so is this site being used by malware?

I realize RB's site does this on purpose, but to me it is just as annoying that this (afterlife knowledge) site always has a problem.

That is interesting Lucy.  I've never had a problem like that with this site.  For the most part i check out this site from home, but i've occasionally checked in from work and i work for a state agency which is pretty strict about what sites they allow and don't.  But then, i wouldn't google search this site from there, but directly type in www.afterlife-knowledge.com. ; I don't know if that would have any influence or not.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.