Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dream of sinking in water (Read 12734 times)
b2
Ex Member

dream of sinking in water
Jun 19th, 2010 at 6:11am

An odd dream. I don't remember how I got there, but I was in a big pool of water. There were people along the sides of the pool. As I entered the water, and I don't know how that happened, I realized I was sinking rapidly to the bottom and I did not seem to have any strength in my arms.

I was pulled down and there was an odd 'darkness' to the experience. I was sinking and knew I couldn't fight it and took a big breath of water, at which point I realized in my dream that I was going to die...but I could see, with my eyes open, several people looking over the edge, and I 'knew' they were either alarmed and would try to help me, as I hoped, or that I would pass out and die. I believed they would not reach me before I went unconscious, but as I sank to the bottom of the pool I had a moment of serenity, a feeling that someone might come rescue me, even after all this.

But, I was breathing water (not feeling it, just being aware of breathing). Simultaneously, I began to 'rise' back from sleep into conscious awareness. The amount of 'fear' in the dream was slight, but enough to wake me up, but with an interesting 'slowness' to it, so that I was conscious of awakening from the dream and why -- not like waking, startled, as one can do from a dream of 'falling', etc. It was a feeling of slowly 'rising', smoothly, into waking consciousness.

When I awoke, I realized I had experienced somebody's death, and vaguely wondered if this could be a past life, and wondered why this happened. It was an interesting experience, and I concluded that it was a peaceful death.

Once the moment of realization occurred, because the 'giving up' was so quick (could not fight the 'weighted down' feeling as I sunk, absolutely no strength in my arms or legs, sank straight down with no struggle), it was a feeling of complete powerlessness.

I have been listening to a life between lives cd for a few nights, so maybe this was a glimpse of something. But, it proved to me that if it is quick enough, without struggle, 'death awareness' is not necessarily a miserable thing. The transition between the 'death' and waking up was smooth enough to make me wonder if that is how it can occur. You can be drowning one minute, and wake up somewhere else the next. Strange.

additional note: this dream happened late at night, after a day in which I not only drove by a cemetery (unusual for me), but walked beside it while viewing a prospective gathering/meeting location. Additionally, I watched a television show, that same day (I don't watch much), which partially focused on a 'goth' family who liked having picnics in graveyards, which was an odd coincidence for me. I'm sure these images triggered the dream.

Because of the smooth transition, I also wonder if it was possible that the moment that I was 'drowning' might also have been one in which I was already transitioning into waking consciousness, and becoming aware of my breathing, and so 'translated' this experience into an entire 'drowning' scenario, which merged into a natural awakening. This seems to be a strong possibiiity to me.

IP Logged

NoName

Re: dream of sinking in water
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 3:38pm

In my case, a dream of sinking in water is allways a dream of comming back from a dream to phisical body.

Even if i am in LD and create a sea or pound, and jump into it and go deeper and deeper i wil end up in phisical body.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 6:45am

NoName wrote on Jun 20th, 2010 at 3:38pm:
In my case, a dream of sinking in water is allways a dream of comming back from a dream to phisical body.

Even if i am in LD and create a sea or pound, and jump into it and go deeper and deeper i wil end up in phisical body.

If that is so, then it gives me something to think about. Maybe even a trigger to lucid dreaming, if I notice a 'pool' of any sort in a dream. If I can remember. It makes sense, though, in a weird sort of way.

IP Logged

thumper

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 12:15pm

Water in dreams represents the unconscious mind.  Almost always your negative thoughts and emotions that you are unaware of.  If you are sinking in the water it means you are slowly feeling yourself being submerged in in negative thoughts like fear, insecurity, guilt, or desire for things you don't think you can ever have.

In this case I'd have to say the water is negative and is pointing to a need to start dealing with your problems, facing negativity, or talking to someone about your issues.

My Dream Dictionary  http://www.dreambible.com
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 2:19pm

Thanks for your replies, thumper, to my water water everywhere dreams. I think you are correct. That series of dreams occurred quite some time ago, and now I am having lots of dreams in which I receive deliciously friendly hugs...and there seem to be an awful lot of puppies in my dreams too, happy happy little puppies.

I take it that's a good sign?

IP Logged

thumper

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 2:46pm

The puppies can both good or bad.  Something you'll have to think about on your own.

As a positive symbol puppies can be new personality traits that are loyal, and always there to protect you.

As a negative symbol puppies can be the beginning of new problems you have with losing self-control over your instincts and urges.  As in losing your temper, or romantic feelings for people you don't really care about.

My Dream Dictionary  http://www.dreambible.com
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 3:06pm

Hmmn, such a lot to think about. I'm pretty well convinced that the puppies were a positive thing. The only thing is, I would like one of my own, but it must be just the right puppy. Because all other signs are coming together to show me that I am being specifically guided, I trust that this puppy is on the way. It's very cute, and has a face that appears just so. I've seen it.

love, b

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 2:28pm

If a dog is coming into your life, b2, how lucky you are. What a gift they are to us in our lives. You will get exactly the right puppy, whether it is big or small...by the way, watch that...small puppies often grow into gigantic dogs unexpectedly. Like labs. Some labs are quite small boned and never get very big. But some, like mine, (shepherd/llab mix) seem like pure labs to look at when they are small when you get them but turn out to grow..and grow...and grow in all directions. Then, walking them on a leash can be quite a job, and hard on the back too. It's hard to train a dog to walk quietly beside you, they always pull hard and want to get ahead. OK, getting off the dream topic here. But there is nothing like having pets in your life. The best thing. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.