Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
preparing to swim (Read 2868 times)
b2
Ex Member

preparing to swim
May 22nd, 2010 at 7:55am

A dream with many events seemed to change into something different at the end, right before I woke up, in a natural manner.

What I remember specifically is being assisted by someone. I was with others, travelling, walking somewhere. I don't remember looking at anyone's face or talking to them, being absorbed in the walk.

There was a body of 'water' that some of 'us' (don't know who we were) had to walk around, and it seemed like we were going to be going the opposite direction when we got reoriented, but, for whatever reason, it was necessary to walk around this water. We were carrying our possessions, the things we would need.

I got around the bend and there was a person in front of me, being instructed by someone, a male human being, perhaps, don't remember. It could have been a robot for all I know.

I was quickly fumbling through my things, which were practically nothing, only a very small pile, and included some 'important' small papers. I was trying to place them inside bags so that they wouldn't escape, because it was clear that we had to actually swim through this water to continue.

I saw the water, which looked unappealing, not a clean and inviting stretch of water, but one which would cause you to hesitate.

As I organized a couple of things, I was looking over the person in front of me, over their shoulder, in a way, and gazing at the water and mentally preparing myself.

Then I woke up.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: preparing to swim
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:44pm

A meditation this morning, I asked for my spirit guide(s). I was settled into my 'nest', enjoying myself. I was meditating. A penguin appeared. "No!" my mind said immediately. 'It' (my mind) thought it was silly. I don't know much about penguins, but maybe they know something about me. It just caught me by surprise.

Additionally, a red and white cat has appeared on my doorstep, trying desperately to run inside every time I open the door. It's been a couple of days now. I should have known.
---------

Having looked up the 'meaning', according to some, of penguins, here it is: "To see a penguin in your dream, signifies that your problems are not as serious as you may think. It serves as a reminder for you to keep you cool and remain level-headed. Alternatively, a penguin seen in your dream suggests that you are being weighed down by your emotions or by a negative situation. You need to find some balance and inner harmony."

That works for me. I like to bend the rules, and I will call my meditation a 'dream' because it is, isn't it? If I am concerned about oil spilling into the gulf of mexico, and I am looking at pictures of birds covered in red oil, and I am thinking about where this is all going, it doesn't take very much 'addition' to understand the symbols here, does it? Now, the cat? We shall see. This must be a special cat, because it is already eating and drinking out of my best (and only) china on the balcony. How in the world did that happen?

----------------------

Amendment: the cat has decided to move on. I served it my best, on my fine china....and it moved on. I bought food, at the store, for it, even got out the good china, and it moved on. Funny girl. She followed me downstairs this morning, said 'goodbye' in the most marvelously friendly manner...and left.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2010 at 12:24am by N/A »  

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2010 at 9:57pm

Hm, seen from a penguin's perspective, a body of water actually shouldn't be a problem, excellent swimmers/divers as they are. Although, they don't carry luggage...

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2010 at 2:55am

I  get it, Spooky. This is where, in the dream, I am supposed to let go of my 'baggage'. I won't speculate on why, because I know I was carrying hardly anything, and it was still enough to distract me for a moment. I think I can assume that I can 'drop them', whatever those things, those 'ways of life' are, let them go. By doing so, in the dream, perhaps the way becomes easier.

IP Logged

thumper

ALK Member

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 12:17pm

The water is your unconscious mind, or all your negative thoughts and emotions that you are unaware of.  Preparing to swim means you are getting ready to face your problems and deal with issues.

My Dream Dictionary  http://www.dreambible.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.