Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HELP WANTED: How to choose a belief-system? (Read 8803 times)
Romain

North/West Coast
Re: HELP WANTED: How to choose a belief-system?
Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:27pm

Faith;
You said: Quote:
 COMMENT 9:
What is scarifying in my case is that, at times, when I was loving (and that was not PUL yet), I got misused and I ended up in a deeper pit then I was before (meaning that my situation got worse). Why do I feel so discouraged? I think I should be stronger, but I am afraid to get myself again in worse situations because of love and I cannot drop that fear, because I am the 3rd generation in my family to which this happens.
Maybe we are doing something wrong. Maybe we fail to protect ourselves correctly. I don’t know why this is going wrong?

All I know, is that many people who underwent this fate, came out really broken, frustrated and unloving AND THAT makes me so afraid.      

Time to break out of that cycle.....3rd generation...don't you think it enough...???
If you have to rock the boat....do it. Your father/uncle need forgiveness too... Wink

It all start with YOURSELF FIRST..as LOVING YOURSELF FIRST is the main step. You have to love yourself first before you start loving. Heal those memories and you'll heal yourself.
Hey i know for a fact it's not easy but can be done.. Wink
Sorry if i'm a bit too blunt/forward here dear soul; but sometimes we need to do it..if it shock you or out on the left field.....i apologize.

Sending loving energy your way dear soul.
With love;Romain

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:52pm

Hi Sonia,

Romain is a fine healer.  I hope you can follow through with what he suggests.   Smiley

In addition to what's been said,
if the people of love seem not at hand right now, can you immerse yourself in the works of love --music, writings, films etc that create a sense of love?  That wil help you recognize and respond to love when it is a part of life.

I disagree that you need to measure and judge yourself at this point.  You are seeking change from any such self. Better to set your intent -- look forward and say to yourself  more and more what you want to be. You are already doing this in many of your comments here, but considering the time you've spent on the old Sonia, more time may be needed to emphasise the new emerging Sonia.

Did you say you're in Germany---what part?  perhaps we can find others in your area who have posted here and are involved in the same journey.

Best wishes, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:18pm

Hi Sonia,

I follow in what's been said by the others, I believe, in what you're going to achieve meditation is a key factor. "Meditation" in the broad sense; you don't need to chant some special mantras or so, but to guide your focus away from the daily world. It may seem counterintuitive, as a part of what you want is to give love to others, but for this, the first thing is to clean the mind of all these various distracting issues, arguments, counter-arguments and what not.
   Meditation could be seen as a withdrawal. From the feeling I get of what you wrote, you'd need to be more controlled in allowing others to influence you. You wondered about it yourself. Get yourself out of bad influences of others. One trap in searching for love is to inflict deep emotional connections. This is not really part of PUL. It's unconditional. When there are no conditions coming along with giving love, there are no unfulfilled expectations which would cause frustration. To let PUL flow is in itself it's reward. It can be used to heal, but the one who is feeling PUL is not dependant on the outcome.
   You told of some positive people turning away from you. Maybe they found you difficult to handle. Maybe you could learn something from them. If you feel in your attempt to be loving to another person that it starts going over your head, you might turn away. You're still a loving person when you respect the limits of your strength and means. When one is overpowering oneself all the time, then in fact it can occur that despite you tried to be a loving person, the frustrative events will cumulate and not healed and in the end one will eventually become bitter.
   That's where meditation can help: With it, a stable basis of love (including self-love) can be established, from which you can work from. That way, the meditative withdrawal is at the same time a active turn to yourself, and therefore to others as well. Keep your love-experience with the golden light in your mind which felt like fiction; it doesn't matter that you didn't experienced it in the physical, it's still a real experience and could be quite important. Allow it to come back to you in a meditation. Meditation is not so much learning in sentences and advices, but more in bits of experiences. Ask for guidance in meditation, when you're calm and comfortable. When you want it all now, first BE now. Meditate on what "Loving Acceptance" could mean.

The right "kind" of love it is when it feels right.

One thing all places in the belief system territory have in common: It's to avoid learning, progress, change of any kind. People who want to change and learn something are not likely to get stuck there. Those who want to learn will more likely go to Focus27, and they'll find a teacher. Why? Think of PUL. It's great to teach.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:48pm

Well...I don't want to suggest any belief systems for you.
I will let you know what I believe in though... Myself. My heart. My love. My knowingness. I think its better to lead yourself than to be led.

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Reply #19 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Thank you all very much for your wonderful advice.

I think I'll give it all some serious thought(s) before replying anything further, if needed.

I also need to reread some posts.

Thank you again.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.