Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I was just gonna feed my dog... (Read 957 times)
Ginny
Ex Member

I was just gonna feed my dog...
Apr 2nd, 2004 at 12:59am

Hi everyone,

Something really neat happened to me a few weeks ago and I'll go ahead and just copy here my notes written after the experience.

It was around 5PM and I was buzzing around, getting dinner ready. I realized little Bubba, one of our chihuahuas, hadn't had his dinner yet (he was ready to faint and acting out a death scene cause he was, of course, starving....lol)...so I walked from the kitchen out to the laundry room where the dog food is stored and I was stopped half way to the food container by a strong combination of feeling/seeing in my mind's eye of my grandfather (he died in 1974 and he was my first retrieval in 2001). I just stopped in my tracks as I was immediately seeing brief glimpses of his face, his smile with dimples..but more than that, I was feeling his presence. My brain wanted to instantly analyze what was going on as I had gone from 60 to 0 MPH within the time it takes to walk three fast steps in a small room...but a very solid thought (mine? his?) said not to. Then I just as quickly decided to kind of at least scrutinize or watch whatever could possibly happen next, and once again the thought to not do that stopped me. Instead, what kept coming through was to just dispense with all of that brain-habit stuff and just open up and not think, not analyze....just be passive, calm--be in a receiving mode. It was then that his face, in my mind's eye, became more stable and I could really feel his personality or some kind of 'feeling signature' that left no doubt it was him.
He got down to business by letting me know he was about to incarnate again and he wanted to say he may not be as available to me as he has been in the last few years. He also wanted to thank me again for helping him to understand some things, referring to when his daughter, my deceased Mother, led me to him in his place of grief and isolation in Focus 23--resulting in a retrieval. I answered that it was I who should be saying thanks, for the marvelous man he was, for all he taught me and his steadfast, loving influence in my childhood. I asked what he was going to do (next incarnation) and he reminded me he was going to be involved in either law enforcement or private investigation of some sort (he told me this last year in another afterlife visit...which came as a huge surprise to me because in this most recent life he had always regretted never having been a doctor, and I had assumed he'd go that way if he wanted to be in the physical again). I asked about Mom and Grandma and he indicated they were both enjoying themselves and apparently weren't anxious to return to physical life soon (this made me smile). He made note of a book I was reading (The Education of Oversoul Seven), acknowledging how much I was enjoying reading it. I thanked him again for all I had learned from him then, and even now... and I was then suddenly remembering/seeing a special time in my childhood when he had been such a grand person to a little wide-eyed girl: in his fishing boat, listening to the water gently lap against the sides, the sun on my face as I stared at nearby mountains and blue sky, the rocking motion of the boat as we puttered down the lake. And I couldn't help it, the tears just started steaming down my face. I said I would give anything to be able to just have that moment again with him...and he paused and then let me know that I already knew, as he did, that we each can re-create such moments...now, later---just as real as when they occurred---and I said yes. But of course I had to ask---just to make sure (lol)---if he had learned in the afterlife that this was really the case, and he said yes...it was. I felt such a happiness and a longing for him, all at once. Perhaps I was finally---after 30 years since he actually 'died'---grieving over his (now) true 'leaving'. I had learned more about him and grown so much closer to him since his 'death'. He said he wasn't sure how it worked but that he would be able to visit with me now and then, while he was involved in his new life. I asked him what century he was going into, and he said 2001!
My husband, holding a now panicky chihuahua, suddenly walked into the room and the connection 
with Grandpa was then broken.

So, maybe I should start paying extra attention to children who are two and a half, three years old?---Shocked)

Thanks for reading and much love,

Ginny

"Intelligence is knowing that which is important." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.