Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bruce ~ Question about your experience (Read 1898 times)
sydnei
Ex Member

Bruce ~ Question about your experience
Mar 16th, 2004 at 11:15am

Dear Bruce~

I hope that at this time you are continuing to feel better every day and are gaining more use of your right arm and hand. It is just wonderful to see you on the conversation board!

I have a question about how you experienced the afterlife during your third book, during Exploration 27.  As you were guided via hemi-sync and seemed quite conscious of your astral body with White Bear and at many other times, would you say you experienced an OBE in a sense?  Or was this projection not of that nature?  I'm trying to understand the different kinds of projections we can have using different methods, ie. imagination versus OBE versus meditation versus dreams.

Thank you in advance for your input, Bruce!

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
Ex Member

Re: Bruce ~ Question about your experience
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 8:55am

Dear Sydnei,

I am still seeing progress in recovering function with my arm and hand.  The game Connect Four was suggested as a therapy tool by the physical therapist recently.  If I really concentrate I can pick up one of the little checkers, using my left arm to help lift and guide my right, and at least half the time manage to get the checker in the slot before I drop it on the table.

>> seemed quite conscious of your astral body with White Bear and at many other times, would you say you experienced an OBE in a sense? <<

I guess I would start by saying that White Bear's leaping exercises brought me to the realization that living in a physical body can result in believing that I am that physical body.  And that holding that belief, even subconsciously, caused me to create a nonphysical version of that body and then act "as if" my existence and activities were still subject to physical world limitations.  Sort of a habit.  White Bear's leaping exercises were intended to help me realize my existence and activity is not subject to outside limitations.  Said another way, all limitations come from the inside.

In this sense an OBE projection is just carrying one's belief in being a physical body into a nonphysical environment.

>>  Or was this projection not of that nature?  I'm trying to understand the different kinds of projections we can have using different methods, ie. imagination versus OBE versus meditation versus dreams. <<

That is a very insightful question.  I might reword it as, what is the nature of projection?  Must we have some form in order to exist?  Can we exist as just a "location of awareness within awareness"?  Is OBE just a step toward this realization within the context of the belief in being an individual awareness isolated within a physical body or other form?

Love,

Bruce

IP Logged

sydnei
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2004 at 8:35pm

Dear Bruce~

If I really concentrate I can pick up one of the little checkers, using my left arm to help lift and guide my right, and at least half the time manage to get the checker in the slot before I drop it on the table.

This is fantastic...I'm sure you're excited by this progress!  This involves much more than just muscle strength...you are using fine motor skills to do this.  What a great therapy tool.

Is OBE just a step toward this realization within the context of the belief in being an individual awareness isolated within a physical body or other form?

Bruce...I think you just led me to an ah-ha!  If I have understood your explanation and your clever way of rephrasing my question about the nature of projection (above), then the various ways to project seem to be the same experience seen in different ways as a result of our perception and beliefs.  Am I on track?  In any case, thank you for your helpful inputs.

Love, Sydnei

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2004 at 12:26pm

Sydnei,

>> then the various ways to project seem to be the same experience seen in different ways as a result of our perception and beliefs. <<

Yes, that's my present belief, including all forms of dreaming, OBE, Focused Attention, etc.

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.