Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Let's do some introductions! (Read 23030 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Let's do some introductions!
Mar 13th, 2019 at 12:53am

Hi everyone.  I’m the moderator and admin here.  I thought I’d make a post to try to get your attention!

We have a lot of new members but no new posts, so I’d like to invite you to introduce yourself and share what brought you here.  When new members register they give a reason why they want to join, and I’ve seen some exciting reasons, like near-death experiences, OBEs, and people just curious about exploring and finding answers about the afterlife. 

So whether you’re new or have been a member here quite a while, why don’t we do some introductions to get some conversation going!  You don’t have to share your name or anything you don’t feel comfortable with.  Maybe share what brought you here, ask a question, or tell an amazing experience you’ve had. 

I’ll begin.  My name is Vicky and I was close friends with Bruce Moen.  I’ve learned a lot from him!  The first time I met Bruce it was to meet for lunch and give me a chance to ask him questions about his books because he lived not too far from me back then in 2005.  We ended up talking from noon until 10 pm because we had so much to talk about.  It was the start of a great friendship.

I’ve had many OBEs, psychic experiences, and various paranormal experiences my entire life.  My first OBE was at the age of 2 months!  I’m always still learning and exploring and open for experiencing all I can during this lifetime.  I’ve made a lot of great friends and know so many fascinating people.  Everyone has something to share or teach, I believe. 

The other day the manager at my dentist’s office saw on Facebook that I’m into ghosts and the paranormal and asked if we could get together and talk.  I was surprised to hear how many experiences she’s had as well, and she was so happy to have someone to talk to, ask questions, and get support and validation.  I think it’s important to have friends and a community to support each other, no matter what the reason, but especially for those of us who may not have someone close who believes in such strange experiences. 

Ok, who’s next? 

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: Let's do some introductions!
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 8:37am

Hi

Known here to some same as some of you are known to me.

And working beyond the edges, and beyond that.

Hi

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 11:00am

Hi Morrighan! 

How do I get people out of the woodwork?  Lots of views but no replies. 

I used to be so shy, and being online has helped bring me out of my shell.  I've been carrying that over into my daily life, being more open to either making small talk or jumping right into deeper conversation.  Like if someone mentions their loved one just recently passed away, I take that as an opportunity to ask, "So have they visited you yet?"

No matter what their response is going to be, it's always a great conversation starter!  And a great way to find out how different kinds of people (usually those who don't know they are into this kind of thing) experience and perceive afterlife communication. 

I'm offering that up to anyone who's reading this.  Give it a try, see how it opens people up beyond just small talk.  People really do want to talk about these things but don't know who to talk with, and sometimes just need a little nudge.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 4:41pm

Hi, Vickie,

I'm writing because I don't want you to think it is just a big vacuum out here.  I'll give you a little history about how I came to be on this site. 

I knew about ESP almost from birth as I had parents and sibs with some kind of talent.  It was something I always wished for, but didn't think I had.  Little did I know.  It is only by looking back that I realized how very blessed I was, but my talent was very quiet and deep within.  I just thought I had more common sense and logic than most people because I knew things without being taught.  I was considered old even as a young child. 

So I studied and read everything I could get my hands on about ESP and the afterlife, especially books on how to make it work for me.

One day after marriage and a whole bunch of babies, my husband asked me to do something about a crossroads in our lives.  He asked me how I felt in my gut about it.  What should we do?  He had so much faith that I would make the right decision.  It was almost overwhelming and more than a little scary.  Over the next few years, he put more and more faith into my abilities ranging from knowing what the weather was going to be to controlling it on a certain day.  I never liked doing that and still don't...too many things can go wrong if any little detail is forgotten.  I did discover that just about anyone can work with the weather, but remember there are so many ways to mess up.  Like always remember to say thankyou. 

As I matured other talents began to show up.  I've already told the story about how I came to be a 'soul retriever' under the heading of 'Retrievals Only Forum'. I did learn I had to be open and aware of what was going on within me.  My husband had his own talents.   One of those was to stand behind me and giving me support to believe in my own talents.  I look back at all that disbelief and wonder at myself.  At the time I called it logic.  Now I know it was more fear of the unknown than anything else. Embarrassed  I learned to trust my guides and angels even though they inform me in quiet whispers and little nudges. Wink

Thank you for the opportunity to rethink some of this once again and share it with you.

Sending hugs and love,
T'ressa

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 7:14pm

Hi T’ressa, thanks for chiming in!  I’ve known many folks from this forum, some of whom aren’t here anymore) for so many years that it’s impossible for me to remember everyone’s whole story.  That’s why it’s always nice to re-have these conversations.

So did you start having more ESP or recognizing ESP for what it was after studying and becoming familiar with it?  Did you ever try to develop your skills?  Did you notice a progression in the types and ways it worked for you?

I have a lot of ESP and my son has some and he’s more open to it than my daughter is.  If you asked her, she’d say she doesn’t have it.  Yet, she’s the “lucky” one in the family.  Things always go her way or just happen to work out and fall into place for her.  She’s great at “guessing” things.  I think she’s just not really into it (not like me).  She would never study it or read about it like I do.  But she does believe in it, and she believes that I have it.  THAT I love and appreciate. 

When Abby was 11 she wanted to go watch the fireworks that the neighbor’s behind us were setting off in their street so we walked over.  At one point I got a sudden urge to “Move!”  I got no other info than to just move.  The feeling was to just be anywhere but there.  I immediately obeyed even though Abby didn’t want us to leave our perfect watching spot.  She was kind of irked at me for making us move, even pointing out that we were the same distance from the fireworks as we were before, but I told her I got the feeling we needed to move.  Just then, someone else set off a firework from another direction.  It went haywire and didn’t deploy properly, sped across the street, stopped EXACTLY where we had been standing, and exploded.  And this was a big firework that was meant to explode high in the sky.  Abby said, “Mom, now I know why you listen to those feelings you get!  That would have exploded right on us.”  It made her a true believer. 

About the weather, how do you think you were able to control it?  (I think I’ve asked you this before, years ago).  Was it you putting out the suggestion, or making a request, or prayer? 

You know, when I was very young I called it “logic” too.  I just assumed everyone could do what I could do.  I had no idea it was special, different, or that most people didn’t believe in that sort of thing.  It wasn’t until I got older and learned from those around me to have doubt about it hampered my abilities until I started studying it as I was older.  Paying attention to it was the thing that helped it grow.  And like you, I feel the little nudges and I just trust it, listen, and go with it.  It took me years to stop questioning it and just listen!

This is fun!  Please feel free to share whatever stories you have.  I want this thread to be open to anything that comes to mind. 

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 10:09pm

Hi, Vicky,

I will try to answer your questions as you asked them.
#1. I was slow to recognize ESP in myself.  And as much as I studied it, I could not send or receive thoughts at will.  Even today when I commune with my angels and guides it is still solely on the belief that they can hear and understand me.  I did try to follow the instructions I read in books...everything from deep breathing, to meditation, to shutting myself in a dark room and shutting out the world.  It just didn't work for me.

I think one of the first things I did noticed was that I could feel other spirits.  The spirits of trees came first to me, but then I grew up in a forest and was taught respect for them from my grandmother.  But...I did not realize that others couldn't do that, so it was nothing special. 

You should have seen me in the Sequoia National Park a couple of years ago.  I was in heaven with the spirits of the trees flowing through and with me.  It was being filled with pure love and joy.   I was filled to the point the tears were flowing out of me.  When my girlfriend pulled away from the trees we were between, the tree spirits drifted out of me.  I was a bit embarrassed because it was unexpected.  Thank Goodness I was with people who understood that I was connected to the spiritual because we had many encounters on that trip out West. 

The progression of the way it worked for me became more noticeable when I got into my forties.  Certain things would become known to me before they happened usually with a physical reaction in the gut I called my twinges.  Usually alerting me to danger or heartache for me or one of mine.  I learned to stay away from anyone who set that off.  I very seldom knew what it was, just that it would be bad.  I learned about a tornado and to stop before we entered a city we needed to drive through and rest for a while.  We later discovered every street and avenue we would have taken had damage from the storm.  The rest we took saved us the damage we saw in the streets.

My gifts were different than others I had read about.  I knew about certain things before they happened.  I had a very hard time believing it was real.  My husband on the other hand always believed.

#2.My children believe because they were raised with family who had gifts including grandparents.  I have one son who is a finder, but refuses to use his gift claiming that it isn't real.  Although he doesn't disbelieve me or his brother.  I find this hard to understand. My youngest son is multi-talented.  He is the one who did the readings of me while I did the retrievals that I wrote about.  Again if you care it can be found on the Retrieval Only Forum.

#3. Ah, The weather.  I don't really control it but work with it with its permission.  There is a lot of spirit in the weather.  I found out by asking a cloud to help me by shading my eyes from the sun so I could see to drive.  The cloud stayed in a position to shield my sight all the rest of the way home including going around corners.  I was ever so grateful.  That was the first time.

There is a lot of spirit in a storm and in the wind.  Being polite is important because they don't always feel us worthy to think about.  My son is one of their favorites  and some winds will follow him into his home if he doesn't respond to them.  You really don't want a wind to come into your house on its own.

As so many things do in the spirit world, intention, and requests can make a big difference.  I talk to them especially if I'm happy to see, hear, or smell them and it is pleasant.  Sometimes a wind will dip down and steal my breath for a moment.  It is like a deep sigh.  Rain can be fun to work with at times.  Ask it to let up a bit, so you can get in the house without getting soaked.  Be sure to release it once indoors and always thank it.

You are right.  This is fun.  I so very seldom talk about these things.  If I can pass on anything to make it easier for someone else that would be so great.  I know how much of an internal struggle it was for me. It took years and years to come to terms with it all, and now it brings me so much joy and real happiness.  Thanks, Vicky, for this suggestion.  I hope others will join in.
Love to all,
T'ressa                                                                                               

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 1:33am

You’re welcome and I hope others will join in too.  This thread can go in many directions and that’s fine.  My intent was to try to say something that gets us talking.  It’s been way too silent on this site for too long.  I’ve been intending to do some retrieval work but I’ve been so busy in my daily life that it’s hard to find quiet time to just sit down to do it. 

But we’re all here for various reasons.  I came to this site back in 2005 after having started reading Bruce’s books and wanting to find him online so I could meet him, which of course I got to do since he lives in my state back then. 

Even though I don’t do retrievals regularly and it’s not my only thing I do, I think a lot of us have so many similar metaphysical and spiritual experiences and background about how we came to know, believe, and understand the way we do. 

I’m still putting together my notes for a book about developing psychic ability.  That’s a huge umbrella term for me, and I believe everyone has natural ability.  For those who don’t think they do but wish they did, that’s who I hope my book will be good for, and even those who have had some experience but want to open it up to more. 

Oh by the way, if you or anyone else on here wants to start a new thread like in the Retrievals Forum for instance, to reshare an experience, I would appreciate the effort to get more action going here.  You know how I had to make that rule about not bringing up a thread older than 6 months old?  I had to do that to stop those “bad apples” as Bruce called them, from board-hogging.  But it’s perfectly fine to start anew with retelling an experience and starting a conversation over again.  We do have so many new members…I just wish we could get them posting.  A lot of the older members aren’t here anymore so we need to get the newbies talking.

So I want to ask you a question for my personal interest in my book…do you ever find that you can activate a specific type of psychic ability (ESP or whatever you prefer to call it) at will?  Have you ever tried?  It would be like wanting to know if you can hear another person’s thoughts or know what they are thinking about.  I’ve done that with success a few times with my kids, like I’ll get a picture in my head of what they are thinking about, or a song will just pop into my head and it’s the song that’s in my daughter’s head.  I’ve done that to her a few times now.  When it happens, when it just comes into my head suddenly, I’ll just start singing it out loud, and she always goes, “Oh mom it’s so creepy when you do that, that’s the song that’s in my head!”  (Ha ha, I LOVE that).

Or another good one is to decide to dream about a certain person or situation to gather insight into an issue or try to fix a problem on a nonphysical level.  I have done that with my mother (who’s passed now) at times when she was too difficult to talk to face to face.  Another interesting one and very weird one was I challenged my disbelief that nature had spirits.  You’re already a believer that nature does have energy and spirits.  I wasn’t several years ago.  But I put it out there, “I’d have to have my own experience with it to believe it”.  And the next morning something extremely weird happened. 

I was out in the yard putting food out for the squirrels when the tree beside me was rustling as if the wind were blowing, but it wasn’t windy out.  I suddenly felt like someone was right beside me looking right at me.  It was a little creepy.  I slowly turned, not expecting to see anyone because I knew there was a tree right beside me.  It was a young tree, pretty thin and small, so I knew nothing was hiding in it.  I could see that nothing was in the tree.  Then suddenly something came flying right at my face.  I felt the movement of the air but couldn’t see anything.  I ducked, and it smacked me right on the top of my head.  And what was even weirder was that the spot where it hit me was SO cold.  And this was a warm spring day!  So while I have NO idea what that was all about, I solidly believe that it was due to my challenging my disbelief about trees and nature spirits.  Something (my higher self?) heard my challenge and gave me an experience to prove it.   

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Baroness

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2019 at 12:10pm

Morning, Vicky,

In answer to your question, yes, at times, I can activate my psychic abilities especially if it is for someone I care deeply about.  Loved ones will come to me about something disturbing going on in their lives like an illness or operation, and want to know what to expect.  I'm very careful with this talent but have been able to keep several people from panicking for nothing.  I never knew I used that particular talent for myself all the time until I needed bypass surgery.  I knew it was going to be open heart and the surgery was going to be on a beating heart...my heart, but I had no fear at all.  I knew I would survive.  I just didn't know how much pain I would be in when I woke.  Fortunately, I have a whole bunch of friends who are Reiki Masters.  I was up and out of the hospital in three days and my daughter took me shopping...in a wheel chair, but shopping nevertheless. Cool I needed a pair of sunglasses. Grin

If I'm searching for answers, I can ask a question and wait for the physical response in my gut.  I have to be very careful how I ask the question as it has to be a yes or no answer.  I am limited to the number of times I can ask the same question.  Sad  It took many tries to learn how this one worked, and I failed quite often. Huh--not getting an answer or misreading or not understanding the answer.  For me it is a whole new language of body responses and feelings.

I don't work with another's personal thoughts, but I do with their emotions.  I feel them, so I guess that makes me an empath.  My son tells me most people are empaths if they allow themselves to be.  My children pick up on my thoughts so I guess I do send, but I never know when I'm doing it.  It's a great way to get your children to call you. Wink 

Working with spirits is a lot like working with helpers when doing a retrieval.  I just ask them with a 'please'  and at the end a 'thankyou'. 

I like dealing with the tree spirits because they are so loving and the older they are the more loving they seem to be.  Let's face it.  We can all use some extra love. Smiley

On that note, sending you hugs and love until next time.
T'ressa

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 10:26am

Hi Withinn, 

I'm intrigued.  What do you mean that your education came through the back door, and that your background is beyond anything imaginable?  Why do you feel you are unable to further develop the inner due to vast changes?  That is, if you don't mind sharing.  I think "the norm" is different for many of us and in that sense we're used to being understanding that there's no expectation that others are just like our self.  

Life is all about change, and as much as I typically really hate change I find that I'm happy that I can overcome it and still focus on what's important.  My spiritual side is most important to me and it has been my anchor throughout my life.  I seem to base everything else in my life around it, which is how I prefer things to be.  But certainly in my younger years when I had less control over events and circumstances in my life, my spiritual side had to often take a backseat to all the drama going on.  I now greatly appreciate that those dynamics are flipped.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2019 at 6:29pm

And a rather longer introduction and a few syllables to follow ....

Hello

Present to you to say Afterlife Knowledge is a singular meeting place for all who embark on these journeys. Every resource is available wherever you are on your explorations.

As to a sort of bio, perhaps best to say what I do comes naturally to me. It's something I've always known (or so it might seem) for I held very early proficiency in these areas. And in this happy to share with you what I see  Smiley

Morrighan

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2019 at 8:12pm

Morrighan, your natural gifts are pretty unique, at least to me.  I’ve never known anyone who does readings the way you do and I was quite surprised to experience it myself.  I didn’t know what to expect, but you sure did surprise me.  I felt that everything you saw in my field was correct and from a perspective I wasn’t expecting. 

My friend who also had a reading from you said the same thing.  He said, "It's not going to be what you think it is but you're going to love it." 

Smiley

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #11 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 5:36pm

Very kind words and in reply it is fair to say I make Afterlife Knowledge a daily stopping point. That I may or may not have anything to say on any visit is of consequence only insofar as what I am present to. And that Afterlife Knowledge may hold what you (any You) seek is not for me to say. The great riches hare are in those who come to share.

Respective of what kindness extended, here is something offered in return, a thought to hold if you will: imagine for a moment (for those of you who feel a resonance) what one at home with adventures beyond might hold given a clean playing board  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #12 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 6:40pm

Hi Vicky-

I'm glad you're keeping the ak forum going since Bruce's death. This forum was almost my second home for many years, notwithstanding my innate skeptical nature! That to me was a tribute to Bruce, who never forced his beliefs and welcomed honest questioning. He was the same way at the workshop, challenging us to explore while keeping an open mind as to what experiences or encounters we might have.

I'm intrigued by what Morrighan saw in your field. Any chance of elaborating? Did it resonate? I often wonder about my own field, which seems, at least lately, a bit discombobulated!

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 7:10pm

Hey Rondele,

Awesome to see you here again!  Yeah you have been a long-time member for sure.  I never know who still stops by since there’s seldom any chatter nowadays.  And thanks.  I’m doing my best to keep this site alive and kicking. 

Great words there about Bruce!  It was great seeing him in workshops wasn’t it?  I was always impressed how he could talk to anyone like they were old pals.  He sure had a knack for that.  He was also so good at showing people another way of looking at something.  He really knew how to make you think.

I may elaborate about my consult with Morrighan but I gotta give it some thought to be specific.  But basically, she has a way of making you see yourself (the You you identify with) from another perspective and multiple perspectives at once, so see a concept or process in your life in a way you wouldn’t have thought of.  And it’s kind of complicated.  I’m SO glad she records a consult and gives you a copy so you can go back and listen again. 

Yeah, discombobulated…me too!

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Morrighan

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #14 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 7:48pm

My personal and professional view (they sometimes need to align tightly) is what occurs in the course of a consult is so specific to YOU that specifics are not really the sort of thing that can be shared.

Suggested above (and this time less obliquely) is a consideration that skills shared here through the explorations Bruce gave you hold greater potential than may appear. It's all up to you, really.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.