Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
visit from my cat (Read 2676 times)
seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
visit from my cat
Jul 13th, 2017 at 6:55am

I am sure some people would not be impressed with this story, but I am not going to invalidate my own experience. It is through being attentive to all kinds of personal experiences, whether initiated by myself, or happening with no prior warning, that I have developed a real hope and expectancy about life after death.

As I was walking to my car to go to work yesterday I looked across the street and noticed how very pretty the porch looked with some white lights around the top. In the morning light, the additional lights looked festive and I noticed a black cat curled up contentedly in the middle of the porch with its face looking in my direction. I thought about a pet that I had years ago, a black cat that lived for almost 20 years. I had raised it from 9 weeks of age, and it was a very special companion, much like the dog I now have, which I have raised from 9 weeks of age.

As I was drifting into waking consciousness this morning I floated into a rural setting. It was daylight, but I did not see the sun or clouds. I was on what looked like a path with two large ruts from tire tracks. There were fields on either side. I don't know what the plants were that were growing there but they looked tall, like corn, or something similar.

As I stood there wondering what I was doing there I saw the faint image of a black cat sitting a little ways away, looking at me. I knew who it was. It was my cat. We watched each other for a little bit, as her image became clearer, and then she wandered off into the fields.

As I woke up fully I realized that I was being shown something. Yes, she is safe and she is in a place she is enjoying her 'time' in the afterlife. I just think she came to tell me.

This is a very subjective experience. It can be interpreted in any way a person would like to interpret it. A dream, a fantasy, a memory....or a visit. Because I am allowed to choose what I believe, I say it is a visit. Now I can picture her, out in the fields, being what she is, where she is. A little gift for the day.

So, thanks for listening to my story.

IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
visit from my cat
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 7:09am

I will mention, also, that she was an indoor cat her entire life. So, for me to picture her in this kind of setting, in a rural field, in a kind of place I have never lived, seems important to me. She does what she wants now, and lives where she likes.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Re: visit from my cat
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 8:51am

Sometimes I wake looking for my (bioexorcised) cat that was sleeping me just moments before. My cat(s) simply adored me in life. No reason I can see they wouldn't send me some love now and again. Love is real not fade away https://youtu.be/NN2L84dvoag
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2017 at 2:08pm by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:55pm

Seagull,

I fully believe that your experience was a real visit from your cat.  I've had so many visits from pets!  One of them was even a visit in a dream where one of my cats who had passed came through with a message delivered by of my dogs who had passed!  So you have me on your side as far as belief goes.  I no longer question why and how things happen the way that they do because it simply doesn't matter.  The real importance is on the visit, the message, the emotion...these are the things of the heart and spirit that matter more than anything else. 

I think the reason why Eli (my deceased dog) came to me in a dream to relay the message from Tristan (my deceased cat) was because I was having just too difficult of a time dealing with Tristan's death.  I can't help crying even now just typing this.  Tristan was so special to me.  It's too long of a story to share here, but he was a dear friend in spirit who happened to be a cat in this lifetime.  I'm not going to waste time wondering why he was a cat and not a human, it's just what was. 

So when Tristan (the cat) passed it was unbearable.  Eli was an English Pointer so when he stood up on his back legs he was as tall as me and I'm 5 feet 2.  Eli could always sense when I was emotional and upset.  He could also sense when my husband was being mean (he was very abusive in our marriage) and Eli would literally step in between us, stand on his hind legs, and wrap his front legs around me in a hug.  He would literally put himself between us to protect me, and of course the hug was just so sweet (a human gesture from a dog!)  He often did diffuse the situation because of this because my husband was never mean to our animals.   

So, in the dream Eli came to me, stood up on his back legs and hugged me.  Then he pulled his head back and looked me right in the eyes, then pressed his forehead to mine.  There was instant mind-to-mind communication where he said, "This message is for you.  It's from Tristan.  He wants you to know this.    I'm here.  I'm still with you.  I love you."  This dream was so real and vivid, and the emotion felt was incredible.  In life, both Eli and Tristan had experiences where they were able to relay information to me telepathically (more long stories). 

Anyway, sorry to digress.  I just really feel so passionate about my own (however unbelievable) experiences with my pets!

What I want to ask you about your experience is, what did seeing the neighbor's cat on the front porch have to do with your cat's visit?  Was that really the neighbor's cat or were you seeing your own cat nonphysically??  You mentioned the extra light around the porch, so I wasn't sure if that was indicating a spiritual experience.

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

seagullresting

ALK Member

USA
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 6:36am

Thanks for the replies. I am so glad for the continued presence of our pets, who offer us a kind of love which is different from any other.

Morrighan, I am glad you can relate. I would love to wake up more often with this kind of experience in my mind/heart. But, I don't forget them, and the memories help me just as much as other events in my day to day life. Thank you, too, Buddy H Smiley

Vicky, I love hearing how Eli helped you in life and also came to you with that amazing message from Tristan, your cat. Wow. I really must open my mind to the possibilities because that is just wonderful how this all happened for you.

The cat I saw on the porch. "Just" a cat who I see walking around occasionally. I imagine it is a very happy cat, as our bird and squirrel population in my neighborhood is huge and very active. But, a spiritual moment, yes, I guess I would say yes to that. The most ordinary moments can be very special. In this world, what is peaceful and actually perfect does exist, I'm sure of it.

Our pets teach us so much. I have not been separated for a single night from my dog for six years, since I got her. She goes everywhere with me when I travel and has the most sweet and cheerful disposition. I wish I had known this kind of bond earlier in my life, but I suppose I wasn't ready yet. She is perfect for me and it is very hard to imagine what life would be like without her. So, I can well imagine your grief over Tristan, if the bond was so very close.

One of the best things about feeling more certain about an afterlife from this kind of contact is feeling that actual love across the "great divide" -- for me, it makes this latter part of my life much more hopeful, more optimistic, and makes me more resilient than in my earlier days.

In any case, I have never had any contact that I remember since my cat passed years ago. But, of course, I have thought of her from time to time, and I am glad she appeared for me at last. Perhaps she will do it again sometime.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2017 at 8:24am

In my experience, cats are exceedingly complex beings and I don't put anything above them. While I'm completely fluent in cat, I'm reasonably fluent in dog as well. I've not noticed any of the family pet dogs in my landscape for a very long time, though. Perhaps part of it is one of those dogs barked his fool head off when a younger version of me rolled in from the lemonade stand at 2:43 am.

And to the important part: it's beyond time for human equity with the animal kingdom. Humans have been all "we're the greatest thing ever created" for quite a long while and non-humans ("animals", offensive as that may be) are none too pleased as a whole from what I observe. Even the old paradigms often seen in text such as "meanings of your spirit animal" or "connecting with your animal totem" are in my experience totally outdated, and massively incorrect on most levels. Nothing more (or less) than direct communication is necessary, and it's pretty easy for me.

Presently recalling telling a fellow about a conversation with a horse. And he (the human) was most incredulous. The misunderstanding (on his part) was we were talking like Wilbur and Mr. Ed. Nothing further from the truth! It's a non-verbal - or perhaps, pre-verbal? - communication not all that different from other non-verbal communication such as illustrated in the wooo-ah recounting.

Do you speak star language? a friend asks. "Likely I do," I reply, and off we go. That was three (?) years ago. Cat, dog, horse, porcupine languages, all feels the same to me.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2017 at 10:13am by Morrighan »  

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.