Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Have you had a supernatural experience? (Read 7935 times)
Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Johannesburg South Africa
Have you had a supernatural experience?
May 30th, 2017 at 4:52am

Have you had a supernatural experience?

By this I mean an encounter with an Angel or an abduction with an alien being.

It is said that 1 in 50 people have had some experience sort of  the supernatural which could not be fitted into any normal explanation.

I had an experience with what  I thought later was an angel who saved me from possible harm from an evil person>

Tell us about your experiences?.

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Re: Have you had a supernatural experience?
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2017 at 11:32am

Ok I'll tell mine. I've told it before but it was years ago.

I was about 10 yrs old, spending the summer at our cottage in Canada. One day my friend and I got on our bikes and went down to a place where there was a ditch along a section of road that we knew was full of water and polliwogs. We had our Mason jars, hoping to bring back some of them to our cottages.

This road, even today, is not traveled much. But back then you would hardly see a car go by.

Anyway we were happily collecting our polliwogs when a small, English sports car pulled up on the opposite side. The man walked over and said he was a doctor and that it was important that we be examined. He chose me as his first "patient."

At 10 yrs old, and back in the day when things were far more innocent, I didn't know enough to be suspicious. So he had me lie on my back while he straddled over me and told me he had to examine my throat.

I had my mouth open while he stuck his finger down my throat. I had then, and still do, a very sensitive gag reflex. I started to throw up and he removed his finger but soon started over again.

What I didn't know was that while he was on top of me he was maneuvering me under a barbed wire fence a few feet behind me. My friend had told me that afterwards.

Suddenly, as he was still straddling me, a woman in a car stopped across the road and asked if we were ok. The man jumped off of me, ran across to his car, and took off pretty darn fast.

We jumped on our bikes and headed home. After telling our parents, they called the police. We recounted the experience to the officer and it wasn't until he asked about details regarding the woman that it suddenly dawned on us.

I was on the ground when she arrived but my friend said he didn't see her come. She was suddenly just there. But after the man took off, and I got up, I did see her car for a brief moment but then it was like both she and her car just disappeared. At that location the road was straight, and no houses to obscure the view. It would have been impossible not to see her drive off.

We told all of that to the officer. As I recall the officer seemed skeptical when we told him how her car just vanished.

To this day I am convinced either that she was an angel or by some miracle she just happened to come by at the precise time I was in maximum danger and saved my life.

But the latter alternative does not explain how neither of us failed to see her drive away. Her car was headed in the same direction we needed to go to get home. No way we wouldn't have seen her.

Now that my parents are deceased and being the only child, my wife and I own the cottage. We were just there a few weeks ago. I drove past the place where that incident occurred many years ago. The barbed wire fence is gone but the ditch is still there. And the road is pretty much as it was back then.

We now spend a good part of our summer there. When our son comes to visit with his children they always want me to drive them down to where my ten year old self almost lost his life.

R

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2017 at 4:00pm by rondele »  

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 2:32pm

10+ years ago, when I drove up from Buffalo, NT to visit Roger, he showed me the spot where his angelic rescue occurred.

My new friend Dr. Mike (the retired doctor and military hypnotist) has now returned to his home in Florida.  He shared this angelic experience with me.  When he was 6 years old, he was about to cross a busy street.  He didn't see the car speeding through the intersection right where he was about to walk.  Suddenly he was knocked down by an unseen force just as the car raced a few feet in front of him.  He would like have been killed if that force (an angel?) had not intervened.  His older brother, walking behind him, was puzzled to see Mike knocked down by this invisible force!

As a teenager (age 16), Mike ran away from home to New Orleans, started doing drugs, and fell in with a criminal crowd.  Homeless and disheveled, he went up to a door to ask if he could rent a room and to see if he could afford it.  A kind Indian woman answered and gave him the room because, she would later say, she had had a dream the night before in which she saw young Mike and was told to rent to him!

One day, his gang had planned to rob a local liquor store at gunpoint.  They were going to pick Mike up for the robbery 45 minutes from the moment that his older Christian brother suddenly showed up to drive him from New Orleans to his home in Texas.  On impulse, his brother had driven nonstop and unannounced all night to get to Mike and bring him to live with him in Texas.  What a providential surprise!  In this way, Mike was rescued from his potential life of crime.  His brother tried to witness to him about his Christian faith, but Mike intensely resented this intrusion. It was many years later that Mike eventually had a mystical encounter with Christ that transformed his life.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:24pm

Thanks Rondele (Very interesting) My story is very similar to your so here it is below

As a small school boy of six years of age I took a way home from school that I knew was not safe and my parents would not have known where I was or went if I got lost or hurt.

There was a small narrow gravel path winding though a thick plantation of trees. It was about a mile and a half long and when I was deep into the plantation, I looked back and saw a large man with an evil grin on his face.

I got really frightened and scared because I knew in my heart he was out to hurt me in some bad way.

I started to walk faster and faster, but he just easily kept up, the faster I walked to the faster he walked, all the time closing the gap between the two of us.

The next thing to my amazement, suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere there was a friendly man walking at my side. When I looked back I saw that when the large bad man noticed this nice person he was very startled and began to back off further and further until I could see him no more.

The friendly smiling man? who had been silent up to this moment said as he continued to walk with me and guide me out of this thick plantation, “Joe (my nickname) "Never ever walk alone in this plantation again promise me that Joe"

I promised him I would not and turned to thank him but he was gone, simply disappeared. I really believe now that he was an angel who had taken on the form of a man.

My frantic parents and aunt were searching all over for me and my Aunt Bessie told me later that she had finally found me at the exit out of the plantation a narrow path.

After I told her the story she was convinced it was an angel from God. She remembered this event and often discussed it with me right into old age of 80 years of age just before her death in 2011.

I did not really comprehend the event properly then, but it remained engraved into my memory up to the moment of writing this account at the age of 73.

Was the friendly smiling person just a normal man or was he an angel sent by God to save a little boy all those long years ago?

I am positive he was an angel disguised as a mortal human being (my guardian angel at that)

The truth remains the truth, no matter what we think the truth is, the truth is the truth regardless

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm

I've posted this experience that happened when I was 18 before, but here it is again. 

One morning I was late for work and driving above the speed limit on the highway into town.  Just as I approached the entrance to a retirement center an older couple pulled out right in front of me and there was no time to react.  Suddenly I was surrounded by brilliant white light and my car passed right through their car and continued down the highway for about a block and had turned the corner into a shopping mall and stopped.  When the light around me vanished my entire body was trembling uncontrollably, yet I felt the most amazing sense of peace and calmness inside of me.  I sat there until the trembling subsided, then drove on to work.  That sense of calm stayed with me for most of the day.  I never questioned what had happened, just knew that a guardian angel had kept us from harm.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #5 - May 31st, 2017 at 9:12am

Lights of Love wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm:
I've posted this experience that happened when I was 18 before, but here it is again. 

One morning I was late for work and driving above the speed limit on the highway into town.  Just as I approached the entrance to a retirement centre an older couple pulled out right in front of me and there was no time to react.  Suddenly I was surrounded by brilliant white light and my car passed right through their car and continued down the highway for about a block and had turned the corner into a shopping mall and stopped.  When the light around me vanished my entire body was trembling uncontrollably, yet I felt the most amazing sense of peace and calmness inside of me.  I sat there until the trembling subsided, then drove on to work.  That sense of calm stayed with me for most of the day.  I never questioned what had happened, just knew that a guardian angel had kept us from harm.

K

Do you mean that the old people's car sort of dematerialised and passed right through the solid metal material of your car?

That is amazing and I have no reason to doubt you because what would you be gaining by lying about it

In the Bible, Jesus moved through solid objects such as appearing right in the middle of his disciples when they had gathered to mourn his death when the door was closed.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2017 at 9:16am

Another supernatural event in my life was the second of two near death experiences.

On the 18th August 2011 I died numerous times on the resuscitation table due to third stage heart block. I went through the whole drama of my heart stopping, flat lining over and over again, adrenaline, atropine were injected directly into my heart and the shock paddles and chest depressions, used over and over again in a desperate effort to get my heart to beat again on its own.

If I had any doubts about life after death I have none now, each time my heart stopped my soul or consciousness left my body and went into other dimensions of existence. At first

I only remembered a little of what went on in those three hours of life and death struggle but lately have begun to remember more and more about the strange otherworldly realms I saw over the period of three hours. Each time they got my heart to beat I came back.

I saw numerous people all gathered to welcome me into the afterlife, all my beloved were there. It seemed like a welcome home party but as soon as the doctors got my heart to beat I was drawn back to the earthly world.

Another time I saw a tree with a lot of books scattered around it. Reading what was on one of the covers I saw that they contained some of the unknown knowledge and mysteries of existence.

One very large book seem to consolidate what was in all the smaller books but when I tried to lift it was too heavy to carry and I decided to return later for it

I saw a beautiful pulsating orb of golden light that I took for the Lord Jesus as it emanated perfect peace and love. I had no tunnel and meeting of a being of light I think because I was continually being resuscitated by the medical team

After three hours the doctors installed a temporary pacemaker to maintain my pulse between 65/110 beats per/minute instead of the 5 to zero it had been beating/not beating most of the time on the resuscitation table. I was told by the doctor that I had been “really really dead”

The doctor said if I had arrived hospital even five minutes later it would have been impossible to revive me. I am 73 years of age now and would not have minded if I had died then, but I suppose there must be some things left for me to do because a whole lot of favourable coincidences made it possible for me to survive

I had taken nap on that Thursday night and a dear friend of mine phoned late at night, a thing he had never done before, I woke up with heart going crazy almost stopping, my wife immediately called the for the ambulance and they got to my home in seven minute flat, the hospital is less than a half kilometre from my home and I was there in five minutes and went I got attention immediately.

Note if my friend did not phone me at the exact moment he did, I would never have woken up and died in my sleep

I now have a permanent pacemaker in my chest which should last ten years and despite the great shock I am feeling alive and well

Note; the medical term for what happened to me is Complete AV heart block

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2017 at 1:06pm

Alan McDougall wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 9:12am:
Lights of Love wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 4:46pm:

One morning I was late for work and driving above the speed limit on the highway into town.  Just as I approached the entrance to a retirement centre an older couple pulled out right in front of me and there was no time to react.  Suddenly I was surrounded by brilliant white light and my car passed right through their car and continued down the highway for about a block and had turned the corner into a shopping mall and stopped.  When the light around me vanished my entire body was trembling uncontrollably, yet I felt the most amazing sense of peace and calmness inside of me.  I sat there until the trembling subsided, then drove on to work.  That sense of calm stayed with me for most of the day.  I never questioned what had happened, just knew that a guardian angel had kept us from harm.

K

Do you mean that the old people's car sort of dematerialised and passed right through the solid metal material of your car?

That is amazing and I have no reason to doubt you because what would you be gaining by lying about it

In the Bible, Jesus moved through solid objects such as appearing right in the middle of his disciples when they had gathered to mourn his death when the door was closed.

Alan, I saw that my car was going to hit the side of their car as it turned in front of me when suddenly all I could see was brilliant white light, yet at the same time it felt as though I was moving through a gelatin-like substance, then my car stopped after it had turned the corner into a shopping mall.  I don't know what happened to the other car or the people in it since it was several minutes before the uncontrollable trembling of my body stopped.  I imagine they had the same experience as I did, but I don't know for sure.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:15pm

Kathy,

An elderly lady from my ex-church, Dorothy, had a similar experience to yours.  She rounded a bend on Rte. 395 and suddenly came upon an accident scene with cars blocking her way in both lanes.  She had no time to think or react, but watched as her car somehow did the impossible by going between cars in a space that seemed far too small for this to happen.

Your experience and Dorothy's have opened up another possible interpretation for Jesus' unexplained escape from a Nazareth mob that wanted to throw Him over a cliff: "But He passed through the midst of them and went on His way (Luke 4:30)."  Maybe Jesus was allowed to pass through their bodies in the same way you and Dorothy were able to pass through cars. 

Roger, when the female angel drove up, did she ever get out of her car?

Hebrews 13:1 says, "Some have entertained angels without knowing it."  Roger, Kathy, my doctor friend Mike, and Allen seem to have experienced this.  I wonder how often we unwittingly encounter an angel, when a stranger shows up unexpectedly at just the right moment with the right help or the right word.

IP Logged

rondele

ALK Member

Virginia
Reply #9 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:47pm

Don, no she was in her car and called out from her window to ask if we were okay.

Angels apparently can not only materialize themselves but objects as well. All I know is that the odds of her being there on a lonely road at the precise time to save my life were astronomical.

Also it's interesting that angels so often intercede when children are involved. Maybe it's a reflection of what Jesus said about children. I forget the quote but it was something to the affect "woe to those who harm a child"?

Of course it also raises the obvious question as to why some are saved whereas most are not.

R

IP Logged

Reply #10 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:07pm

What is possible happens. That is reality.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

ALK Member

Reply #11 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:37pm

rondele wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 11:32am:
Ok I'll tell mine. I've told it before but it was years ago.

I was about 10 yrs old, spending the summer at our cottage in Canada. One day my friend and I got on our bikes and went down to a place where there was a ditch along a section of road that we knew was full of water and polliwogs. We had our Mason jars, hoping to bring back some of them to our cottages.

This road, even today, is not traveled much. But back then you would hardly see a car go by.

Anyway we were happily collecting our polliwogs when a small, English sports car pulled up on the opposite side. The man walked over and said he was a doctor and that it was important that we be examined. He chose me as his first "patient."

At 10 yrs old, and back in the day when things were far more innocent, I didn't know enough to be suspicious. So he had me lie on my back while he straddled over me and told me he had to examine my throat.

I had my mouth open while he stuck his finger down my throat. I had then, and still do, a very sensitive gag reflex. I started to throw up and he removed his finger but soon started over again.

What I didn't know was that while he was on top of me he was maneuvering me under a barbed wire fence a few feet behind me. My friend had told me that afterwards.

Suddenly, as he was still straddling me, a woman in a car stopped across the road and asked if we were ok. The man jumped off of me, ran across to his car, and took off pretty darn fast.

We jumped on our bikes and headed home. After telling our parents, they called the police. We recounted the experience to the officer and it wasn't until he asked about details regarding the woman that it suddenly dawned on us.

I was on the ground when she arrived but my friend said he didn't see her come. She was suddenly just there. But after the man took off, and I got up, I did see her car for a brief moment but then it was like both she and her car just disappeared. At that location the road was straight, and no houses to obscure the view. It would have been impossible not to see her drive off.

We told all of that to the officer. As I recall the officer seemed skeptical when we told him how her car just vanished.

To this day I am convinced either that she was an angel or by some miracle she just happened to come by at the precise time I was in maximum danger and saved my life.

But the latter alternative does not explain how neither of us failed to see her drive away. Her car was headed in the same direction we needed to go to get home. No way we wouldn't have seen her.

Now that my parents are deceased and being the only child, my wife and I own the cottage. We were just there a few weeks ago. I drove past the place where that incident occurred many years ago. The barbed wire fence is gone but the ditch is still there. And the road is pretty much as it was back then.

We now spend a good part of our summer there. When our son comes to visit with his children they always want me to drive them down to where my ten year old self almost lost his life.

R

Rondele I am sure it was your guardian angel and also positive that she saved both you boys from being murdered by that sick paedophile.

It also  means that you are a very special person, who our Lord God put on earth for some higher purpose

Alan

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 2:07am

All of your stories are fascinating!

Roger, yours was creepy with the guy sticking his fingers down your throat! 

Kathy, I remember that story, so incredible. 

Sorry, I can't think of any that I haven't shared many times before. 

Don, I have one similar to Mike's at age 6.  When my son was 4 months old I was carrying him in my arms inside the house.  I was wearing my hiking boots and I tripped and stumbled and my body started to lunge forward.  In that split second I knew the baby was going to go flying out of my arms, or at the very least that I'd drop him and/or land on him.  I just immediately prayed in my mind over and over, "Please don't let me drop the baby!"

As soon as I began praying, I felt this enormous force come down on me from above, pushing me down very hard, very fast, and it was as if time stood still for a moment while this was happening.  I can remember the feeling of be cognizant of what was happening and not being able to believe it!  And I was also quite terrified since I wasn't sure what was going on.   I knew I wasn't merely feeling the effects of having lost my balance and of falling.  The feeling of the pressure all over me was beyond words.

The next thing I knew, I came to still holding my baby in my arms pressed to my chest,  the same position right at the moment I had tripped, but now I was knelt down on the floor with my boots tucked under me, as if I had chosen to kneel this way.  The last thing I remembered was the force pushing me down, and now here I was in the same place only knelt down. 

I knew something incredible had happened.  I knew that whatever that force was, it was in response to my prayer and was doing it to save my baby.  My thigh muscles were pretty torn too from it.  I was in a lot of pain for having ended up the way I did so quickly, and had trouble walking for a couple weeks. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 4:47am

I have had plenty of close calls regarding my own life. Perhaps divine grace helped me there.

But what I am really thankful to God for is that I have not hurt others more than I have.

I thank God for saving others from my mistakes.

IP Logged

Morrighan

Multidimensional Navigator

Isle of Everywhere
Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:40am

Best just to amputate the "super" from the word "supernatural." So easy!

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over — Fudd's First Law of Opposition.
It goes in — it must come out. — Teslacles Deviant to Fudd's First Law
IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 9:43pm

I've decided to supplement personal experiences of miracles with the most spectacular miracles witnessed by people of my family's acquaintance.  Nita Edwards, now a clinical psychologist, fell down a steep stairway in Sri Lanka and gradually suffered life-threatening naralysis.   My parents have heard her share her healing testimony in person, but I'm quoting from the account in the book about her healing, "Miracle in the Mirror." 

(1) HER CONDITION AFTER HER FALL:

"The [X-ray] pictures were quite clear.  Two discs in the lower lumbar region had been totally crushed and broken bits of bone were floating aimlessly in her spinal fluid...Week after week the functions of her body broke down...Breathing became a tougher task each day until finally her diaphragm collapsed, another victim of the ghastly paralysis...Her left hand had shrunk to a third the size of her right, and her right hand lost its sensitivity now as well.   She was slowly curling up as her wasted muscles retracted inch by inch as the result of muscular atrophy...She had lost all feeling in her face....a hunk of lifeless leather, with no sense of touch anywhere in her body...In a matter of days, [her voice] vanished altogether....Heart problems began as the paralysis progressed."

(2) THE WORD OF HER IMPENDING HEALING:

"[Almost a year later:] Suddenly, without warning or fanfare, at about four o'oclock she heard a voice.  It was a man speaking to her in a soft and authoritative tone...`I'm going to heal you on Friday, the eleventh of February.'...She struggled for the call button and buzzed the attendant.  If there was a man in the room, she wanted to know.  Since Nita's voice had failed, the attendant could often guess her meaning by the way she moved her eyes."  [The attendant thought she was worried about a lizard scampering around her room.]

(3) THE MOMENT OF FULFILMENT: THE MIRACLE

With great difficulty, Nita communicated her message from Jesus to others whom she urged to be present at the healing hour.  Present that day were Nita's mother, her pastor Colton and his wife Suzanne, two doctors, and a Buddhist attendant.  One wonders if they were there for moral support when Nita's hopes were dashed.  Rev. Colton's son Mike had been present in her hospital room, but would miss the impending miracle.  He  was skeptical, got impatient and hungry, and slipped out for a pizza!  When the moment of truth arrived,   

"the power of God invaded her room from the right side of her bed, like a ball of fire.  The glory of God  burst in, flooding that tiny space with such intensity that the inhabitants were swept up in it, and overcome by it.  It was like looking directly at the noonday sun, and only being able to take in a tiny fraction of the radiance... Nita's bed began to vibrate with the energy of God's presence, and she felt a million volts of power coursing through her body....Wave after wave rolled through the full length of her."

"Just at 3:30 Jesus came into the room with  blinding glory...Nita gazed into His face and everything within her struggled to reach out to Him....Her healing was no more a factor.  She was unaware of her own physical condition...He came to the foot of her bed, and then He reached out with a nail-scarred hand.  And He touched her.  One time."

"The chains of paralysis exploded away as Nita rocketed out over the end of her bed.  She landed on her knees with a thud, and her first sensation was the cold, hard floor beneath her...Her knees had not been bent in over a year; now  they were bent before her Jesus.  Her hands, useless for so long, were now straightened, upraised, worshiping God..."   

"Mrs. Edwards [her Mom]...saw Nita's withered left hand, the tiny one, spring to life.  The mother watched, awe-struck, as her crippled little girl grasped the bed covers and threw them off--then catapulted out of bed....Now that Nita was healed, the rest of them were paralyzed." 

"The Buddhist attendant was standing in the doorway, clutching the door frame as if she were about to faint.  She was crying in quiet hysteria, unable to believe that she had just seen Nita stand up.  She cried for 40 minutes--immovable.  Nita slipped her arms around the woman she had never been able to touch, and then, ignoring the Buddhist standards of propriety, kissed her lightly on the chee

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.